AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The India’s biggest rural technical festival ‘Antapragnya 2020’ with the theme ‘Spot and encourage rural tech innovators’ held at which Indian State?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Andhra Pradesh
India’s biggest rural technical festival ‘Antahpragnya 2020’ was held in Rajiv Gandhi University of knowledge Technologies (RGUKT), Basar, Nirmal district, Telangana and the festival was inaugurated by M Prashanthi, District Collector of Nirmal, Telangana. The festival was held for 3 days from 31st January to February 1,2020. The theme for the year 2020 was “Spot and encourage rural tech innovators”. The festival displays 300 prototypes, working models, exhibits technologies such as automatic switch for water, homemade electricity, smoke absorber, automatic street lighting system, smart dustbins, zero budget farming, automatic irrigation etc.
- Which is the 1st Indian State to declare novel coronavirus as ‘State Disaster’ (Feb 2020)?
1) West Bengal
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
The Kerala government has declared the novel coronavirus epidemic as a “state calamity” after three people were tested positive for the infection in the state, which was announced by State Health Minister KK Shailaja, nearly 25 countries were infected by novel coronavirus so far.
- Which Initiative is launched by Department of Science and Technology that aims to create strong science and technology infrastructure in India (February 2020)?
DST (Department of Science and Technology) that works under the Ministry of Science and Technology, has launched a special scheme called “Sophisticated Analytical & Technical Help Institutes (SATHI)” with the aim to create shared, professionally managed and strong Science and Technology infrastructure in India.
- Under Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh ka Aam Nagarik (RCS-UDAN) scheme Alliance air commenced direct daily flight operation for route Bhubaneshwar to Varanasi. It is ___th route under RCS-UDAN?
Alliance Air which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Air India commenced direct daily flight operations from Bhubaneswar(Odisha) to Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) under the RCS-UDAN (Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik) of Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA). This marked the 250th route under RCS-UDAN. Bhubaneswar to Varanasi route was the 58th route for Alliance Air under RCS-UDAN.
- As per Skill development and Entrepreneurship Ministry’s data, The Number of people trained under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) from 2016-20 (till January 17,2020) is/are?
1) 69.84 Lakh
2) 71.97 Lakh
3) 73.47 Lakh
4) 75.09 Lakh
5) 77.79 Lakh
Answer-3) 73.47 Lakh
As on January 17, 2020 approximately 73.47 lakh candidates were provided skilling under Short Term Training (STT) courses and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) across India from 2016-2020 under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). It is a flagship program under the Skill India Mission of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MoSD&E). Post placement support of Rs. 1500 per month per trainee will be given for special groups & special areas for 2 or 3 month after the training.
- Which Country has declared locusts as ‘National Emergency’ after the worst invasion of Locusts causing major damage to the crops, in addition to Pakistan?
The Government of Somalia announced a National Emergency on Locusts (family- Acrididae) attack because these insects caused major damage to the food supply in one of the world’s poorest countries & and most vulnerable regions in the world. Somalia is the 1st country to make such a declaration & its declaration aims to intensify the national effort to combat these insects. The Prime Minister (PM) of Pakistan Imran Khan has also declared a national emergency due to the massive locust’s attack. These locusts have destroyed entire crops in the Punjab province of Pakistan, which now needs Rs 730 crore to overcome this crisis.
- The Fitch Ratings Inc., Credit rating agency in its ‘India’s Economic growth outlook’ Forecasted India’s GDP in Financial Year 2020 to?
Fitch Ratings Inc., an American credit rating agency in its ‘India’s economic growth outlook’, has estimated India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth to 5.6 % for the financial year-FY21. For the current fiscal 2019-20 (FY 20), GDP is projected at 4.6 %.
- According to lastest RBI data (as on Jan 17, 2020) the Bank deposits grew by 9.51% amounting to 131.26 lakh crore. Whereas Bank credit grew by ______ which amounts to 100.05 lakh crore ?
According to the latest Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, Bank credit and deposits grew by 7.21 % and 9.51 % to Rs 100.05 lakh crore and Rs 131.26 lakh crore, respectively, in the fortnight ended January 17,2020.
- Amazon has partnered with Which zone of Indian Railways to set up a pick-up kiosk (a small hut) at the railway station (Jan 2020)?
1) Southern Railways
2) Northern Railways
3) Western Railways
4) Eastern Railways
5) Central Railways
Answer-4) Eastern Railways
Multinational technology company(MNC) Amazon India has partnered with Eastern Railways inorder to set up a pick-up kiosk at the Sealdah railway station in Kolkata, West Bengal. Previously successful pilot of pickup kiosks in 4 railway stations across Mumbai, Maharashtra was set up in 2019.
- The Government Organization which gives approval for the combination Yum Restaurants (India) private Limited (YRIPL) and Devyani International Limited (DIL) is (Feb 2020)?
1) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
2) Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
3) Competition Commission of India (CCI)
4) National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)
5) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
Answer-3) Competition Commission of India (CCI)
Securities and Exchange Board of IndiaOn February 03,2020, The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the proposal for the combination of Yum Restaurants (India) private Limited (YRIPL) and Devyani International Limited (DIL). The proposal is that DIL is going to acquire some Equity Shareholding and sell some KFC restaurants.
- Albin kurti replacing Ramush Haradinaj appointed as Prime Minister of (Feb 2020)?
5) North Macedonia
Rebel leader Albin Kurti (44 years) has been appointed as the new and 4th Prime Minister (PM) of the Republic of Kosovo by its parliament. Albin replaced Ramush Haradinaj as the PM.
- Who was invited by Indian Olympic Association (IOA) to be Goodwill Ambassador of Team India at Tokyo Olympics 2020 (July 24 – August 9, 2020)?
1) Sachin Tendulkar
2) Mary Kom
3) Abhinav Bindra
4) Sourav Ganguly
5) Priyanka Chopra
Answer-4) Sourav Ganguly
Indian Olympic Association(IOA) has invited BCCI President Sourav Ganguly to become the Goodwill Ambassador of the Indian contingent at the Tokyo Olympics Games 2020, which is scheduled to be held from July 24 to August 9, 2020
- Who has won the Banker Magazines’ Central Banker of the Year 2020’, Asia-Pacific?
1) Urjit Patel
2) Shaktikanta Das
3) N S Vishwanathan
4) B P Kanungo
5) Krishnamurthy Subramanian
Answer-2) Shaktikanta Das
The Banker magazine, a British English-language monthly financial affairs publication owned by The Financial Times Ltd, has named Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Shaktikanta Das as the ‘Central Banker of the Year 2020’, Asia-Pacific for encouraging growth and balancing the economy.
- Jorgovanka Tabakovi has won title of Global Central Banker award 2020 announced by Banker Magazine. Jorgovanka Tabakovi is the head of National Bank of?
The Banker magazine, a British English-language monthly financial affairs publication owned by The Financial Times Ltd has announcement of the title of Global Central Banker award 2020 has been given to Jorgovanka Tabakovi, the head of the National Bank of Serbia.
- Who has won 1st Mathrubhumi book of the year 2020 award given by Kerala based Malayalam newspaper for translation of book ‘Blue is like Blue’?
1) Vinod Kumar Shukla
2) Madhuri Vijay
3) Jeet Thayil
4) Anita Desai
5) Aravind Adiga
Answer-1) Vinod Kumar Shukla
Hindi poet-novelist and 1999 Sahitya Akademi honouree Vinod Kumar Shukla (83) has won the 1st Mathrubhumi Book of the Year award 2020 for his translated book ‘Blue Is Like Blue’, which deal with common people and their daily struggles.
- Actress Waheeda Rahman has won National Kishore Kumar Samman Award for the year 2018. Which state Government has instituted the National Kishore Kumar Samman award?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Noted yesteryear Bollywood actor Waheeda Rehman was selected for the National Kishore Kumar Samman of the Madhya Pradesh(MP) government for the year 2018. She will be awarded at her residence in Mumbai, Maharashtra by Culture minister of MP Vijaylaxmi Sadho.
- Which State’s transport corporation has won Transport Ministry’s Road Safety award 2018-19 for its low accident rate?
Delhi govt’s public transport Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) has been awarded with Transport Minister’s Road Safety Award 2018-19 at an event in New Delhi. The award was given for its lowest accident rate.
For hilly region – Nagaland won the award.
- Which Documentary film has won the 16th edition of Mumbai International Film Festival’s (MIFF) Golden Conch Award 2020 (Feb 2020)?
1) Portrait of Suzanne
2) The Fox of the Palmgrove
3) An Essay of Rain
4) Babenco: Tell Me When I Die
5) When We Were Kings
Answer-4) Babenco: Tell Me When I Die
The 16th edition of Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF) 2020, the oldest international event for non-feature films in South Asia, was held at Nehru Centre Auditorium, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Babenco: Tell Me When I Die the Brazilian documentary film has won the Golden Conch Award 2020.
- Which film has won the Best movie award in 73rd edition of BAFTA awards 2020 held in Royal Albert Hall, London, UK?
4) Little Women
73rd British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA)Awards 2020 ceremony, popularly referred to as BAFTA Awards 2019 was held on February 2, 2020 in Royal Albert Hall, London, United Kingdom. The Award for categories Best film, Outstanding British film, Best cinematography, Best production design, Best sound, Best special visual effects all won by movie 1917.
- In 73rd edition of BAFTA awards 2020, The movie Parasite won awards for Best film not in the English language and Best original screenplay category. In which language the movie Parasite was made?
73rd British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA)Awards 2020 ceremony, popularly referred to as BAFTA Awards 2019 was held on February 2, 2020 in Royal Albert Hall, London, United Kingdom. The awards for Best film not in the English language and Best original screenplay category won by Korean Movie Parasite.
- The Government has constituted a task force with the Group of Ministers (GoM) to monitor the novel coronavirus outbreak (February 2020). Who is the Head/Chairman of the task force?
1) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
2) Raj Nath Singh
3) Amit Shah
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer-4) Harsh Vardhan
On February 03, 2020 the govt has set up a task force under the chairmanship of Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) Dr Harsh Vardhan, to monitor the recent novel Coronavirus (nCoV) outbreak with the representatives from the Ministries of Health, Home, Civil Aviation and Women and Child Development (WCD). This announcement was made after a third positive case of nCoV was detected in the state of Kerala. The Group of Ministers(GoM) will review the situation on a daily basis.
- The recent report of Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) has been released prior to global forum on Childhood Pneumonia which gives data about children death due to Pneumonia. Where is the 1st ever global forum on Childhood Pneumonia held at (Jan 2020)?
1) Barcelona, Spain
2) London, United Kingdom
3) Ankara, Turkey
4) Rome, Italy
5) Geneva, Switzerland
Answer-1) Barcelona, Spain
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation’s(IHME) report on Childhood Pneumonia has been released prior to the 1st-ever global forum on childhood pneumonia in Barcelona from January 29 to 31.
- According to recent report by Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), __ of Children Death Under age 5 is due to Pneumonia in India?
According to a recent report by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation(IHME), 14% of under 5 years of age deaths in India occurred mainly due to pneumonia. This accounted for approximately 1,27,000 deaths annually where the figure was around 1,78,000 in 2013.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) along with which institute released classical swine flu (CSF) cell structure vaccine which costs less than Rs.2 in New Delhi?
1) Central Institute for Research on Goats, Makhdoom
2) Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute, Avikanagar, Rajasthan
3) Indian Institute of Biotechnology, Hyderabad
4) Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bengaluru
5) Central Institute for Research on Cattle, Meerut
Answer-4) Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bengaluru
Classical Swine Fever (CSF) is one of the most important diseases of the pig causing high mortality. The vaccine was developed by ICAR and IVRI (Indian Veterinary Research Institute) which was released in New Delhi. The new CSF vaccine costing around less than Rs.2/- per dose against RS.15-25/ per- dose of lapinized CSF vaccine and Rs.30/ per-dose of Korean vaccine.
- Which Indian Institute developed a new AI tech to convert speech Impaired Humans Brain Signals into Meaningful Language English in Feb 2020?
1) IIT Bombay
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Calcutta
4) IIT Delhi
5) IIT Hyderabad
Answer-2) IIT Madras
Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M) researchers team lead by Vishal Nandigana, assistant Professor in Fluid Systems Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering have developed an Artificial Intelligence technology to convert Brain signals of Speech-Impaired Humans into simple Human Language English.
- Which Indian company along with European defence major MBDA Missile Systems have set up a missile integration facility in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu?
1) Reliance Group
2) Tata Group
3) Larson and Turbo group
4) Adani group
5) Hindustan Aeronautical Limited
Answer-3) Larson and Turbo group
Engineering & Construction Company L&T (Larsen & Toubro Limited) and European defence major MBDA Missile Systems have set up a missile integration facility in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu (TN). L&T MBDA Missile Systems (LTMMSL) has set up the assembly, ‘inert’ integration (without explosives) and testing the Missile Subsystems & Weapon launch systems.
- Which Indian company going to sign a pact with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) at “DefExpo 2020” to manufacture advanced Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs) first time in India?
1) Tata group
2) Mahindra group
3) Reliance Industries
4) Hindustan Aeronautical Limited
5) Bharat Dynamics Limited
Answer-4) Hindustan Aeronautical Limited
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company will sign a partnership pact with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) at the upcoming DefExpo 2020 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh(UP) to manufacture advanced Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs) in India for the 1st time.
- Who retained the number 1 spot in ICC Test Batsman ranking released recently (Feb 2020)?
1) Ajinkya Rahane
2) Steve Smith
3) Virat Kohli
4) Marnus Labuschagne
5) Cheteshwar Pujara
Answer-3) Virat Kohli
On February 01, 2020, the International Cricket Council(ICC) released its latest test batsmen rankings. Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli retained no.1 spot in the rankings while Indian cricketer Cheteshwar Pujara remained in 6th place and India’s Ajinkya Rahane slipped to the 9th spot. Virat was followed by Steveen Peter Smith (Australia) and Marnus Labuschagne(Australia) in the 2nd and 3rd spot respectively.
- Poet Rabindranath Singh who was popularly known as ‘Biplabi Kabi’ recently in news (FEB 2020) Born in which Indian State?
4) Himachal Pradesh
On February 2,2020 Famous Odia poet and freedom fighter Rabindranath Singh, 89 years old, passed away at Khapuria, Cuttack, Odisha. He was born on 27 January 1931 at Jagatsinghpur district, Odisha. He was popularly known as ‘Biplabi kabi’ (the revolutionary poet) for his patriotic writings.
- Daniel Arap Moi who passed away recently, is the longest serving Ex-President of which East African nation?
5) South Sudan
Daniel Arap Moi Kenya’s Ex-President, who is a farmer School Teacher and became Kenya’s longest serving President dies at 95 due to age issues and also getting treatment in Hospital for a month. Moi’s Death was announced by Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta on the State Broadcaster with a Statement.
- Narayana Reddy who passed away recently is former Lok Sabha Member of Parliament (MP) of which constituency of Telangana?
Mr. Narayana Reddy, Former Nizamabad Lok Sabha MP (Member of Parliament), senior advocate, educationist & supporter of separate Telangana movement, passed away at the age of 89 in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- The World Cancer day (WCD) organized by Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) observed every year on February 4. The Theme WCD for 2019-21 is?
1) Theme: “I am, no one can”
2) Theme: “I am and I will”
3) Theme: “We can, I can”
4) Theme: “We and I will”
5) Theme: “Not beyond us”
Answer-2) Theme: “I am and I will”
The World Cancer Day is organized by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC), Geneva, Switzerland, every year on February 4 to raise awareness to encourage cancer’s prevention, detection and treatment. The primary goal of World Cancer Day is to reduce the illness & death caused by cancer. The theme of WCD from 2019-21 is “I am and I will”. The theme highlights that all of us can fight against cancer.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Mopa airport to be set in which state?
Recently Chief Minister of Goa announced that Dabolim and Mopa airports to be operated together.
- What is the Capital and Currency of Kenya?
Answer-Capital – Nairobi & Currency – Kenyan Shilling
- What is the Capital and Currency of Republic of Kosovo?
Answer-Capital – Prishtina & Currency – Euro
- Who is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of International Cricket Council (ICC)?
- When is International Day of childhood cancer observed on?
Answer-February 15 annually
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]