Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Name the scheme launched by NITI Aayog on December 15, 2016, which entitles consumers using digital payment mode for transaction, to stand a chance of winning cash reward based on lucky draw.
A.Lucky Grahak Yojna
B.Lucky Draw Scheme
C.Customer Incentive Scheme
D.Lucky Consumer Programme
Answer – A.Lucky Grahak Yojna
NITI Aayog, a Government of India policy think-tank on December 15, 2016, announced the launch of two schemes, ‘Lucky Grahak Yojna’ and ‘Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojna’, to give cash awards to for consumers and merchants who use digital payment instruments for any transaction. As per the lucky draw scheme, daily reward of Rs 1000 will be given to 15,000 lucky consumers for a period of 100 days. Besides, weekly prizes worth Rs 1 lakh, Rs 10,000 and Rs. 5000 will be given to consumers who use the alternate modes of digital Payments.
- Who has been appointed as the implementing agency for the schemes launched by NITI Aayog, to give cash awards to consumers and merchants who use digital payment instruments for any transaction?
A.Mahanagar Telecom Nigam Ltd (MTNL)
C.Mastercard Financial services company
D.National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI)
Answer – D.National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI)
The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) shall be the implementing agency for the scheme. NPCI is a not for profit company which is charged with a responsibility of guiding India towards being a cashless society. The winners shall be identified through a random draw of the eligible Transaction IDs, which are generated automatically as soon as the transaction is completed, by software which will be especially developed by NPCI for this purpose.
- Assam Chief Minister, Sarbananda Sonowal, on December 14, 2016, inaugurated a solar battery station in which village of the state to fulfill the power requirements?
Answer – B.Dibrugarh
Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal, on December 14, 2016, inaugurated a solar battery station and a community development centre at Bindhakata Tengapukhuri village in Dibrugarh. It would fulfill power requirements of 287 households of four villages comprising of Mulukghat, Mirigaon, Gerekigaon and Tengabri.
- How much amount has been sanctioned by the Government of India on December 15, 2016, under the Solar Cities Development Programme, for 21 states and union territories?
A.Rs. 55 Crore
B.Rs. 35 Crore
C.Rs. 30 Crore
D.Rs. 20 Crore
Answer – C.Rs. 30 Crore
The Government of India on December 15, 2016, announced that funds worth over Rs 30 crore have been sanctioned for 21 states and union territories under the Solar Cities Development Programme. 60 places have been included in the solar cities programme including Gaya (Bihar), Mysore (Karnataka), Kochi (Kerala), Pune (Maharashtra), Panaji City (Goa), Howrah (West Bengal), Imphal (Manipur), Aizawl (Mizoram), Kohima (Nagaland), Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) and Moradabad (Uttar Pradesh).
- Which state has initiated a project to make India’s first island district, Majuli, first Carbon Neutral District by 2020?
Answer – A.Assam
Assam government has initiated a project on December 14, 2016, to make river island Majuli the country’s first ever Carbon Neutral district by 2020. The project titled ‘Sustainable Action for Climate Resilient Development in Majuli’(SACRED, Majuli) was initiated by Assam’s department of Environment and Forest and was launched by Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forest (Biodiversity and Climate) A K Johari at Majuli.
- To boost Tourism in India, the Government on December 14, 2016, announced to extend the e-Tourist Visa scheme for citizens of 161 countries. Who is the Tourism Minister of India?
Answer – C.Mahesh Kumar
The Government on December 14, 2016, announced that it has extended the facility of e-Tourist Visa for citizens of 161 countries. The number of foreign tourist arrivals on e-Tourist Visa (e-TV) during January to November 2016 was 9,17,446, registering a growth of 168.5 per cent over same period of 2015. The Government of India has extended the facility of e-Tourist Visa for the citizens of 161 countries including Japan for which facility of Visa on Arrival is also available.
- The Supreme Court bench of three judges on December 15, 2016 directed to ban all liquor shops on national and state highways across the country to control road mishaps. Who was the head of the bench?
A.Justice T. S. Thakur
C.Justice L. Nageswara Rao
D.Justice H. J. Kania
Answer – A.Justice T. S. Thakur
Explanation: The Supreme Court on December 15, 2016, passed an order to ban all liquor shops on national as well as state highways across the country as a measure to control the road mishaps that takes place every year. A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice T. S. Thakur and comprising of Justices D.Y.Chandrachud and L. Nageswara Rao directed that the licenses of exsisting liquor shops across the highways will not be renewed after March 31, 2017.
- The 5th edition of the two-day India-Arab Partnership Conference was held in which country?
Answer – C.Oman
The 5th India-Arab Partnership Conference was held on December 14-15 2016 in in Muscat, Oman. The Conference was organized in collaboration with the Oman Foreign Ministry, Arab League Secretariat, the Ministry of External Affairs in India, the General Union of Chambers of Commerce and Industry in the Arab Countries (GUCCIAC) and Federation of the Arab Business (FAB). Theme of the conference: ‘Partnership towards innovation and cooperation in IT’.
- Based on the research by Capgemini, what is the global position of India under preferred innovation destination?
Answer – B.Third
India has emerged as the tops most country in Asia for innovation while third biggest country globally according to a research done by Capgemini Consulting’s Digital Transformation Institute in collaboration with Fahrenheit 212 and in partnership with Brian Solis of Altimeter. The US leads the list of global innovators with 146 centres, followed by Britain with 29 and India is at third place with 24 centres.
- Name the seventh edition of the bilateral exercise between India and Maldives which began at Kadhdhoo, Laamu Atoll in Maldives on December 15, 2016.
Answer – D.EKUVERIN
Seventh edition of India and Maldives bilateral Exercise ‘EKUVERIN’ began at Kadhdhoo, Laamu Atoll, Maldives on December 15, 2016. The 14 day platoon level joint military exercise will conclude on December 28, 2016. The exercise is conducted between the Indian Army & the Maldives National Defence Force on a yearly basis.
- Name the organization which on December 12, 2016, paused the Indus Waters Treaty processes initiated by India and Pakistan.
B.Reserve Bank of India
C.Asian Development Bank
D.International Monetary Fund
Answer – A.World Bank
The World Bank has paused the Indus Waters Treaty processes initiated by India and Pakistan to allow the two countries to consider alternative ways to resolve their disagreements.It was announced by Secretary-General of the United Nations, Ban Ki-moon.
- What amount of trading target has been set between India and ASEAN to be achieved by 2020?
Answer – A.$100 billion
India and ASEAN have set a target of trading at 100 billion dollar to be achieved by 2020 while current trading between India and ASEAN is 57 billion dollars.
- What is the rank of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2016 Forbes list of Most Powerful People in the World?
Answer – B.9
Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi has been ranked among the top 10 most powerful people in the world by Forbes. Modi ranked 9th on the Forbes list of 74 Most Powerful People in the World.Forbes said that India’s populist prime minister is hugely popular in his country of 1.3 billion people.
- Who has topped the 2016 Forbes list of Most Powerful People in the World?
Answer – C.Vladimir Putin
Forbes’ annual ranking of the World’s Most Powerful People list identifies one person out of every 100 million whose actions mean the most and represent’s the magazine’s best guess about who will matter in the year to come. The list was topped by Russian President Vladimir Putin for a consecutive fourth year while U.S. President-elect Donald Trump was ranked second and German Chancellor, Angela Merkel bagged third position in the Forbes list.
- Name the Hollywood sensation whose biopic, Blond Ambition, was named the most admired unproduced film script of 2016 in the Hollywood system by Black List.
Answer – B.Madonna
Madonna’s biopic, titled Blond Ambition, has been named the most admired unproduced film script of 2016 in the Hollywood system by Black List. Blond Ambition, written by Elyse Hollander topped the list of 73 scripts with 48 votes. The biopic describes the struggle of Madonna of 1980s to get her first album released.
- Record breaking highest-ever, 19-metre-high (62.3 ft) wave was measured by an automatic buoy in which region?
A.North Atlantic Ocean
D.South Pacific Ocean.
Answer – A.North Atlantic Ocean
The United Nations World Meteorological Organization on December 13, 2016, announced that a 19-metre-high (62.3 ft) wave in the North Atlantic Ocean has set a world record for being the highest-ever measured by a buoy. The wave crushed the previous record of 18.275 meters (59.96ft) wave measured in December 2007 in the North Atlantic.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), on December 14, 2016?
A.S K Roy
C.D K Mehrotra
D.V K Sharma
Answer – D.V K Sharma
Managing Director of state-owned Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), V K Sharma was on December 14, 2016, appointed as the Chairman (LIC) for five years by the Government of India. Sharma was already acting as chairman since September 16 when the then chairman S K Roy was relieved of his duties after he resigned in June, nearly two years ahead of his retirement.
- Name the CEO of PepsiCo who was inducted into Donald Trump’s Strategic and Policy Forum on December 14, 2016, to implement Trump’s economic agenda.
C.Ahmet Muhtar Kent
Answer – A.Indra Nooyi
President-elect Donald Trump appointed PepsiCo Chairman Indra Nooyi on December 14, 2016 to the President’s Strategic and Policy Forum that will consult with him on implementing his economic agenda.Nooyi along with Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, and SpaceX and Tesla chairman Elon Muskare joined the member of 19-member President’s Strategic and Policy Forum.
- Name the enhanced version of indigenously-designed cruise missile that was successfully test fired by Pakistan Army on December 14, 2016.
Answer – B.Babur
The Pakistan Army successfully test-fired an enhanced version of an indigenously-designed cruise missile ‘Babur’ on December 14, 2016. The missile is named after the first Mughal emperor and founder of Mughal dynasty. The missile is part of Babur Weapon System version- 2. It incorporates advanced aerodynamics and avionics that can hit targets at 700 kms both at land and sea with high accuracy.
- Rajasthan Government has initiated a project for the conservation of the state bird which is becoming critically endangered.Name the state bird of Rajasthan?
Answer – D.Godawn
The Desert National Park (DNP) in Jaisalmer has records the successful birth of 11 Great Indian Bustards or Godawn. The Great Indian Bustard, popularly known as Godawan, is Rajasthans state bird.The state government has started “Project Godawan” for its conservation. The Great Indian Bustard was included in the list of “critically endangered” species after its number fell drastically due to poaching and erosion of habitat among other reasons.
- Name the Indian batswoman who has been named in the Women’s Team of the Year 2016 by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on December 14, 2016 in Dubai.
Answer – D.Smriti Mandhana
Indian batswoman Smriti Mandhana has been named in the Women’s Team of the Year 2016 by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on December 14, 2016 in Dubai. The ‘Women’s Team of the Year’ is a new and novel award by ICC to acknowledge and appreciate the top performers in cricket in a 12-month period starting from September 2015. This twelve month period included the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 and the ICC Women’s Championship.
- Thomas Schelling, who died on December 14, 2016 in Maryland at 95 was a famous______.
Answer – A.Economist
Thomas Schelling, an economist who won a Nobel Prize for using game theory to explain nuclear strategy, died on December 14, 2016 at his home in Bethesda, Maryland.He was 95.