AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 24,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- How many members in a Supreme Court bench ruled right to privacy as Fundamental Right On August 24, 2017?
1. 2 members
2. 3 members
3. 5 members
4. 7 members
5. 9 membersAnswer – 5.9 members
Supreme Court rules Right to Privacy as Fundamental Right On August 24, 2017 The Supreme Court (SC) ruled that privacy is a fundamental right because it is essential to the right to life.A nine-judge Supreme Court bench declared privacy is a fundamental right that may impact everything from the government’s signature Aadhaar programme to civil liberty, rights to collection and use of personal data by Internet and financial firms. The decision can also impact restrictions on right to convert and choice of food.The judgment will have a crucial bearing on the government’s Aadhaar scheme that collects personal details, biometrics to identify beneficiaries for accessing social benefits and government welfare scheme.
- Name of the minister who inaugurated first Videsh Bhavan in Mumbai.
1. Arun Jaitley
2. Ram vilas Paswan
3. Rajnath Singh
4. Sushma Swaraj
5. Nitin Jairam GadkariAnswer – 4. Sushma Swaraj
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will inaugurate the country’s first Videsh Bhavan, incorporate all Regional Passport Offices under one roof, at the Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC).The formal inauguration will be on August 27,2017
Regional Passport Officer Swati Kulkarni informed that as a first pilot project, four offices ofMEA – Regional Passport Office (RPO), Protector of Emigrants (PoE) office, Branch Secretariat Regional Office of ICCR.The above four have been assimilated and brought under one roof at the state-of-art office.
- Which state Agriculture Department has signed with Microsoft to develop India’s first Farm Price Forecasting Model?
3. Uttar Pradesh
5. PunjabAnswer – 2.Karnataka
Karnataka MOU with Microsoft to develop India’s first Farm Price Forecasting ModelKarnataka Agriculture Department has signed a Memorandum of Understandingwith Microsoft India to develop a first unique “farm price forecasting model”.It will be using latest IT tools to help farmers, administrators and other stakeholders to understand the market behaviour in advance.
ii.It will examine related factors including weather, rainfall and external factors that impact market behaviour.
- Rajasthan govt accords Which status to Jats of Bharatpur and Dholpur?
5. OBCAnswer -5. OBC
Jats of Dholpur and Bharatpur districts have been given reservation under the Other Backward Class (OBC) category in Rajasthan on August 24,2017.The state social justice and empowerment department has issued a notificationafter approval from the cabinet.
Jat community people demanded for a long time to residing in both the districts to include them in the OBC list.Jats residing in districts except for Dholpur and Bharatpur were getting benefit of the OBC quota.
- Where does Unique Identification Authority of India UIDAI launch door step Aadhar enrolment?
2. New Delhi
5. PuneAnswer – 2.New Delhi
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched door step enrolment facility with Common Services Centers (CSCs) in Delhi. It is the facility available for the elderly, patients and others who cannot travel the Aadhar ce nters.A mobile van in partnership with CSC India will go and enroll people who are unable to travel to Aadhaar centers for enrollment like elders, patients, small children.
- Bilateral Meeting happened between India and which country in New Delhi?
5. BhutanAnswer – Uzbekistan
The bilateral meeting between India and Uzbekistan held in New Delhi on 23rd August 2017.The Commerce and Industries Minister, Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman ,Mr. Abdulaziz Kamilov, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Mr. Elyor Ganiev, Minister of Foreign Trade held detailed discussions on deepening trade and economic ties between India and Uzbekistan.It will include investments, trade in goods and services such as education and health in Uzbekistan and India and also underlined the high importance of transport & logistics infrastructure for strengthening bilateral trade ties.
- Find the helpline which launched by Telangana government for distressed women.
1. Women Helpline 151
2. Women Helpline 161
3. Women Helpline 171
4. Women Helpline 181
5. Women Helpline 191Answer:- 4. Women Helpline 181
Telangana government launches 181 helpline for distressed women
Department of Women Development and Child Welfare in collaboration with Hyderabad District Collectorate launched a Women Helpline 181 to help and assist women in distress.The helpline will support women affected by harassment, trauma and violence both in private and public spaces such as family, community and workplace.The helpline will function 24/7 and provide service to women affected by violence, women seeking emotional support and also provide information about women welfare schemes introduced by the State and Central government.
- Women Helpline in Telengana Government is being launched with the technical support of_________ and it is financially supported by Union government.
5. GVK-EMVIAnswer- 1.GVK-EMRI
Women Helpline is being launched with the technical support of GVK-EMRI and it is financially supported by Union government. Telangana government launches 181 helpline for distressed women Department of Women Development and Child Welfare in collaboration with Hyderabad District Collectorate launched a Women Helpline 181 to help and assist women in distress.
- Which country launches world’s First Climate smart landscape management plan for snow leopard conservation?
5. PakistanAnswer- 3. Nepal
Nepal has launched its climate-smart snow leopard landscape management plan on 23rd of August 2017.It has been launched to safeguard the Snow Leopard endangered species, also found in India, and its habitat.This is the first climate-smart landscape management plan for snow leopard conservation in the world.
Its conservation plan launched ahead of the International Snow Leopard Summit and Ecosystem Forum, which starts on 24th of Aug 2017.
- What is the name of International Military Music Festival take place in Moscow that Indian Navy Ban is going to Participate?
1. Spasskaya Music
2. Spasskaya Tower
3. Spasskaya parade
4. Spasskaya festival
5. Spasskaya fusionAnswer – 2. Spasskaya Tower
The International Military Music Festival “Spasskaya Tower” is the parade of the best military music bands of Russia and other countries that takes place every year at Red Square in Moscow. “Spasskaya Tower” is scheduled from 24 Aug to 03 Sep2017.This is considered as largest international events in Russia, where military musicians represent the variety of national, artistic and military traditions of the world.Every year about 1500 musicians, military men and other artists from around 40 countries perform at the “Spasskaya Tower”.
- Name of the entity that India has offered to host a joint urban earthquake search and rescue exercise.
1. Hongkong Cooperation Organisation
2. Combodia Cooperation Organisation
3. Thailand Cooperation Organisation
4. Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
5. New York Cooperation OrganisationAnswer – 4.Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
The 9th meeting of Heads of Governments of SCO dealing with the prevention and elimination of emergency situation, made by the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh at Cholpon- Ata in Kyrgyz Republic on 24th August 2017. India has offered to host a joint urban earthquake search and rescue exercise with the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) member nations, including China and Pakistan, in 2019 to better respond to emergencies in case of natural disasters.
iOver the period 1996 to 2015, the SCO countries have lost 300,000 lives due to natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, storms, landslides, epidemics etc..
India offers to host a joint exercise on Urban Earthquake Search and Rescue in 2019.
- Which of the two Cab aggregators has ties up with Airports Authority of India (AAI) to get for cab bookings from airport kiosks?
1. Ola and fast track
2. friends track and uber
3. uber and fast track
4. uber and friends track
5. ola and uberAnswer – 5.ola and uber
Airports Authority of India ties up with Ola, Uber Airports Authority of India (AAI) has tied up with cab aggregators Ola and Uber to allow for cab bookings from airport kiosks.It will provide option for passengers to hire these cabs at select aerodromes.According to this, both Ola and Uber will fulfil commute demand of passengers at the AAI-run Chennai, Kolkata, Pune, Lucknow and Bhubaneswar airports.This alliance with Ola and Uber will make easy for air passengers to book a cab through the booking kiosks located at the airport itself.
- Andhra Pradesh first to implement _________ digital payments to make Vizag less-cash city
1. Bharat QR
2. Bharat SR
3. Bharat TR
4. Bharat PR
5. Bharat VRAnswer – 1.Bharat QR
Explanation:- Andhra Pradesh first to implement Bharat QR digital payments to make Vizag less-cash city.Andhra Pradesh’s Eastern Power Distribution Company Ltd (EPDCL) and the Southern Power Distribution Corporation of AP Ltd (SPDCL) have become the first state-owned distribution companies in India to accept payments through Bharat QR.It is the world’s first interoperable quick response code acceptance solution launched by the Reserve Bank of India.
Bharat QR is a secure, network-agnostic interface that enables customers to use their smartphones to make payments without exposing information like card numbers and CVV.
- Where does the Tata Power synchronises its 186 MW hydro project?
5. United KingdomAnswer – 3.Georgia
Tata Power announced its joint venture company Adjaristsqali Georgia LLC (AGL) has synchronised 186 MW Shuakhevi Hydro Project in Georgia.
AGL is a Tata Power joint venture with Norway’s Clean Energy Invest AS Norway (Clean Energy) and IFC InfraVentures (IFC), a member of the World Bank group.
In the fall of 2013, plant has started and was synchronized on August 1-2, 2017,
- Who is appointed as Air India chief?
1. Dinabandhu Mohapatra
2. Gaurav Mehta
3. Amitabh Kant
5. Rajiv BansalAnswer – 5. Rajiv Bansal
The government has appointed senior IAS officer Rajiv Bansal as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India on 23rd of August 2017.He will serve for three months. He is additional secretary and financial adviser of the petroleum ministry.
ii.He will replace Ashwani Lohani who has been appointed as the Chairman of Railway Board.
- Ajay Vipin Nanavati appointed as chairman to which bank?
1. Laxmi vilas Bank
2. Equitas Bank
3. Syndicate Bank
4. Federal bank
5. IndusInd BankAnswer – 3. Syndicate Bank
Ajay Vipin Nanavati was appointed as the chairman of Syndicate Bank on August 21, 2017.His appointment has approved as Non-Official Director/Non-Executive Chairman in Syndicate Bank for three years according to an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training.His appointment has approved by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Which England captain retires from International Football?
1. Wayne Rooney
2. Dejan Stankovic
3. Paul Scholes
4. Stilian Petrov
5. Christoph MetzeldeAnswer – 1. Wayne Rooney
Former England captain Wayne Rooney announced his retirement from international football on August 23 2017 , ending a 14-year careerin which he became the country’s top goalscorer with 53 goals.Rooney earned his first cap against Australia in 2003 at the age of 17 to become the youngest player, at that time, to represent the national side. The 31-year-old also leaves as England’s most-capped outfield player with 119 appearances.
- Pradipkumar Singh from Manipur has written a book named ‘I am HIV positive, so what?’ struggle against HIV AIDS.He is a _____________.
2. Badmiton Player
4. Body builder
5. Hockey PlayerAnswer – 4.Body builder
‘I am HIV positive, so what?’ book from Manipur bodybuilder Pradipkumar Singh’s inspirational fight to overcome HIV Mr. World bronze medal-winning bodybuilder, Pradipkumar Singh from Manipur has written a book struggle against HIV AIDS with his condition and his triumphs.I am HIV positive, so what?’ the book from Pradipkumar Singh, known for his personal struggle against HIV AIDS.
- What is the name of India’s oldest cinematographer who dies at 101 in Kolkata on 23rd of August 2017?
1. Bobby singh
2. Ramanda Sengupta
3. L.V Prasad
4. Pramathesh Chandra Barua
5. Balanathan Benjamin MahendranAnswer – 2. Ramanda Sengupta
India’s oldest cinematographer Ramanda Sengupta has passed away in Kolkata on 23rd of August 2017. He worked with legends like Jean Renoir, Ritwik Ghatak and Mrinal Sen, Sengupta.He died at the age 101. He was born on 8th May 1916 in Dhaka.His first film as a full-time cinematographer was in “Purbaraag” directed by Ardhendu Mukherjee in 1946.