AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 25,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which state has inaugurated grid connected roof top solar programme to encourage the public participation?
1. Andhra Pradesh
2. West Bengal
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 4.Odisha
Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated grid connected roof top solar programme to encourage the public participation to harness renewable energy.
Under this programme, the consumers can introduce small solar plants on their rooftops and consume the generated solar power during day time. Excess power can be exported to the grid through their service cable.
- Which one of the following that Cabinet Committee has approved the renaming of the new Central Sector Scheme 0n August 23 2017?
1. Pradhan Mantri Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
2. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
3. Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
4. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
5. Pradhan Mantri Awas YojanaAnswer -2. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
The Cabinet Committee has approved the renaming of the new Central Sector Scheme– SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) as “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) “for the period of 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle.The new Central Sector Scheme – SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) has approved with same allocation and period in May 2017.The Main purpose of PMKSY is to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease Agri-Waste.
- Name the country which has signed MoU with India on Drug Demand Reduction and Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance.
5. BangladeshAnswer – 2.Nepal
Explanation:-The Union Cabinet has approved for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Nepal on Drug Demand Reduction and Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances and precursor chemicals and related matters.It indicates the mechanism of information exchange and the competent authorities in the two countries who are responsible for the implementation of the MoU and exchange of any information.Cooperation on drug matters is expected to curb the illicit traffic of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and precursor chemicals in the two countries.
- To whom the government has hiked the creamy layer ceiling to Rs 8 lakh per annum from the existing Rs 6 lakh for central government jobs?
5. STAnswer:- 3.OBC
The government has raised the income limit defining ‘creamy layer’ for OBC reservation by Rs two lakh per annum. The Union cabinet has approved setting up of a panel for sub-categorization within the other backward classes for even distribution of reservation benefits.According to Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley the government has hiked the creamy layer ceiling for the Other Backward Classes to Rs 8 lakh per annum from the existing Rs 6 lakh for central government jobs.Those in the OBC category earning upto Rs 8 lakh annually will now be included in reservation benefits.
- Which entity organizes Tiranga Yatra to Commemorate 75th anniversary of Quit India Movement in Mumbai?
1.Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
2. India Trade Promotion Organisation
3. Research, Designs and Standards Organisation
4. Research, Designs and Standards Organisation
5. Department of Consumer AffairsAnswer – 1.Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
EPFO organizes Tiranga Yatra to Commemorate 75th anniversary of Quit India Movement in Mumbai
Quit India Movement that began on 9th August 1942 which finally culminated into freedom of India. The nation is observing the 75th anniversary of Quit India Movement. The Tiranga Yatra is an opportunity to achieve ‘Sankalp’ to ‘Siddhi’ towards a ‘New India’.Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, is participating in the celebrations of 75thanniversary of Quit India Movement by organizing Tiranga Yatra.All the workers from different industries, including EPFO participated in the Tiranga Yatra organized in Mumbai on 23rd August 2017.
- Who headed the headed Task Force on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for India’s Economic Transformation by Commerce and Industry ministry ?
1. Nirmala Sitharaman
5. Dr. V. KamakotiAnswer – 5. Dr. V. Kamakoti
Dr. V. Kamakoti, headed Task Force on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for India’s Economic Transformation
Commerce and Industry Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman has constituted a Task Force on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for India’s Economic Transformation. The task force will have the Chairperson Dr. V. Kamakoti, IIT Madras.The panel will comprise of experts, academics, researchers and industry leadersand will explore possibilities to leverage AI for development across various fields.
- Who had headed the panel on National Mineral Policy to submit report by Oct-end?
4. K Rajeswara Rao
5.M.Subbhaiya BoseAnswer- 4. K Rajeswara Rao
K Rajeswara Rao headed Panel on National Mineral Policy to submit report by Oct-end
The National Mineral Policy, 2008 should be reviewed is mandatory and the panel suggest a new framework will submit its report by October-end.The order from Supreme Court in its judgement dated August 2, 2017 directed Union of India to revisit the National Mineral Policy 2008 and announce a fresh, more effective, meaningful and implementable policy before December 31, 2017. iii.The 29-member panel has headed by Mines Additional Secretary K Rajeswara Rao. It consisting of joint secretaries from ministries like coal, steel, shipping, road, transport and highways and finance as its members.
- Who has become Asia’s richest person with net worth of $38.3 billion?
1.Ren Yuanlin , Chairman of Yangzijiang Shipbuilding
2. Michael Buxton, Cofounder, Mab Corp.
3. Jeffrey Cheah, Chairman, Sunway Group
4. Len Ainsworth, Founder & Chairman, Ainsworth Game Technology
5. Alibaba, Founder of Jack MaAnswer -5. Alibaba, Founder of Jack Ma
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba’s Founder Jack Ma has become Asia’s richest person with net worth of $38.3 billion.Jack Ma is currently ranked as the world’s 18th richest man.Alibaba reported a total revenue growth of 56% for the quarter ended June 2017, driven by the growth in online sales.
iii.In the latest rankings Tencent Chairman Ma Huateng has slipped to No. 2, with a fortune worth $36.7 billion.Ma Huateng is No. 19 in the world and in No. 2 in Asia.encent has reported a larger-than-expected 70% increase in net profit for the first six months of 2017, fueled by growth in the company’s online and mobile game business, as well as gains in online payments and advertising.
- When was the Reserve Bank of India started to issue the Rs.200 notes from select RBI offices and some banks?
1.25th August 2017
2 23rd August 2017
3. 20th August 2017
4.22nd August 2017
5.24th August 2017Answer – 25th August 2017
According to a notification in the Gazette of India the Modi government has notified introduction of new Rs 200 notes on 23rd August 2017.The Reserve Bank of India has announced that it will start issuing the Rs 200 notes from 25th August from select RBI offices and some banks. The move is widely expected to ease the shortage of lower-denomination currency bills.The notes will be in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Governor Urjit Patel.
- Which company has signed on Kerala-based Dhanlaxmi Bank as its bancassurance partner announced on 24th of Aug 2017?
1. Exide Life Insurance
2. The Oriental Insurance Company
3. Bharti AXA General Insurance
4. DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance
5. Royal Sundaram General InsuranceAnswer – 4. DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance.
Explanation:- DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Company has signed on Kerala-based Dhanlaxmi Bank as its bancassurance partner announced on 24th of Aug 2017.Under which the Kerala-based Dhanlaxmi Bank will distribute retail and group life insurance products to its customers across 260 branches in India.The bank anticipates an annual incremental income of ₹20-30 crore from this distribution business, With this tie-up, the company is in a strong position to consolidate its presence in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of the board of directors of Infosys ?
1. Ravi Venkatesan
2. Narayana Murthy
3. R. Seshasayee
4. Nandan Nilekani
5. Vishal SikkaAnswer – 4. Nandan Nilekani
Nandan Nilekani co-founder of India’s second-largest software services exporter has appointed as non-executive chairman of the board.R. Seshasayee, chairman of the board, along with former CEO and managing director Vishal Sikka, Jeffrey Lehman and John Etchemendy had stepped down from the board.Nandan Nilekani has done electrical engineer from IIT Bombay.Nilekani was the CEO at Infosys from 2002 to 2007 and also served as co-chairman of the board before his departure in 2009 to head the Aadhaar project.
- Which state government launches web portal to help with competitive tests
3. Uttar Pradesh
4. West Bengal
Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education(MSBSHSE) set up portals to help students to prepare for competitive exams on their own.An online question bank will be created for students attempting the competitive tests, which can be accessed for free. To prepare the question bank, the board has asked teachers and subject experts across Maharashtra to send questions by 30th September.The questions will be shortlisted and uploaded by board officials. Portals for physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology for Class 11 and Class 12 are up and running.
- Where will 2018 Table Tennis Team World Cup going to be held?
5.MoscowAnswer – 3.London
According to the World Table Tennis governing body announced the 2018 ITTF Team World Cup will be held in London from February 22 to 25 in 2018.The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) has awarded the hosting rights for the event. It is the second most prestigious team tournament after the World Championships.The Team World Cup, last held in Dubai in 2015, comprises 12 men’s and 12 women’s teams.England hosted the individual men’s World Cup at Liverpool in 2012.
This will be the first major table tennis-only event to be staged in London since the 1954 World Championships at Wembley.
- Whose name was named UEFA Player of the Season for 2016–2017 on 25thAugust 2017?
1. Lionel Messi
2. Gareth Bale
3. Cristiano Ronaldo
4. Luis Suarez
5. NeymarAnswer – 3. Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo was named UEFA Player of the Season for 2016–2017 on 25thAugust 2017. After a campaign which saw the Portuguese superstar help Real Madrid to the La Liga and Champions League double.It was the third time that Ronaldo had won the award which was presented on the sidelines of the Champions’ League group stage draw. Ronaldo won the UEFA award in 2013–2014 and 2015–2016 and in the Champions League last season.Lionel Messi has won the prize on two occasions and capture a fifth Ballon d’Or title.
- Who has written the book ‘I Do What I Do’?
1. Amish Tripathi
2. Ankit Bhatt
3. Kiran Desai
4. Vikram seth
5. Raghuram RajanAnswer – 5. Raghuram Rajan
Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan has penned a book titled ‘I Do What I Do: On Reform, Rhetoric and Resolve’.The book will launch on 4th of September.According to publisher HarperCollins besides Rajan’s commentary, it will also include speeches that convey what it was like to head the central bank during his time.About the book Rajan explains economic concepts in a readily accessible way.
- Jay Thomas died at 69.He was _____________
1. a Director
2. an actor
3. a writer
4. a singer
5. an editorAnswer – 2.an actor
Jay Thomas, ‘Murphy Brown’ and ‘Cheers’ Actor, Dies at 69.Actor Jay Thomas, best known for his roles in the classic sitcoms “Murphy Brown” and “Cheers,” has died at 69.He was battled with his cancer. Thomas is survived by his wife, Sally; and sons, Sam, Max and J.T.
- Who was Tony de Brume and become champion of Paris climate agreement?
1. the former Marshall Islands foreign minister
2. the former Hawaii Islands foreign minister
3. the former Shikoku Islands foreign minister
4. the former Yasawa Islands foreign ministerAnswer-5. the former Marcus Island foreign minister
Tony de Brum, the former Marshall Islands foreign minister who became a leading advocate for the landmark Paris Agreement and an internationally recognized voice in the fight against climate change
ii.He has died aged 72 on August 22 2017 in the capital Majuro. De Brum, who was also the Pacific nation’s climate ambassador`