AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs April 30 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs April 30 2018
- On April 30, 2018, Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation, Uma Bharti launched the GOBAR (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources) – DHAN scheme at the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) in ____, Haryana?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Karnal
On April 30, 2018, Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation, Uma Bharti launched the GOBAR (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources) – DHAN scheme at the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) in Karnal, Haryana. Ms. Bharti launched this scheme in presence of Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar. This scheme was announced by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley while presenting Union Budget 2018. The scheme derives inspiration from European countries and China, wherein animal dung and other organic waste is used to generate energy. As per 19th Livestock Census (2012) estimates, India’s cattle population is 300 million, which produces 3 million tonnes dung per day.
- Under GOBAR-DHAN scheme, funds required to setup bio-gas plants will be provided by central and state governments in the ratio of ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.60:40
Funds required to setup bio-gas plants will be provided by central and state governments in the ratio of 60:40. Government has set a target to setup nearly 700 bio-gas units in different states under the scheme during 2018-19. GOBAR-DHAN scheme has twin objectives – to make villages clean and generate energy from cattle and other waste. Besides, execution of scheme will create new rural livelihood opportunities and enhance income for farmers and other rural people.
- Central Government has started a Pilot Scheme for Procurement of Aggregate Power of 2500 MW on competitive basis for 3 years from generators with commissioned projects but without Power Purchase Agreement. Name the nodal agency for this scheme?
1.National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
2.Neyveli Lignite Corporation
3.Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
4.PFC Consulting Limited
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.PFC Consulting Limited
This scheme will revive power demand, which has affected the generators who do not have Power Purchase Agreements. The allotment will be done through a bidding process and tariff will be fixed for three years, without any escalation. Maximum allotment to a single entity has been capped at 600 MW. PFC Consulting Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of PFC Ltd is the Nodal Agency and PTC India Limited is the Aggregator for this scheme.
- On April 29, 2018, PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) and Indian Yoga Association (IYA) signed a MoU to jointly promote yoga, health and spiritual tourism in the Krishna Circuit of which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Uttar Pradesh
Krishna Circuit is among the thirteen thematic circuits under Swadesh Darshan Scheme. It comprises twelve destinations associated with Lord Krishna viz. Dwarka (Gujarat), Kurukshetra (Haryana), Nathdwara, Jaipur & Sikar (Rajasthan), Mathura, Vrindavan, Gokul, Barsana, Nandgaon & Govardhan (Uttar Pradesh) and Puri (Odisha). PHDCCI – IYA MoU is for promoting Yoga in above stated six destinations in Uttar Pradesh. As per the terms of the MoU, both the entities will strive to provide a holistic tourism experience to domestic and international travellers looking for some spiritually invigorating and cultural experiences.
- Which railway station will be the third in India to be developed as a world-class facility under Railway Ministry’s station redevelopment programme?
1.Kolkata Railway station, Gujarat
2.Surat railway station, Gujarat
3.Kota Railway station, Rajasthan
4.Madurai Railway station, Tamil Nadu
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Surat railway station, Gujarat
Several “airport-like” amenities will be installed at Surat Railway Station under Union Railway Ministry’s ‘Rs 1 lakh crore station redevelopment’ programme. Estimated cost for redevelopment of Surat Railway Station is Rs 5000 crore. It is expected to be ready by 2020. Entire project will be overseen by Surat Integrated Transportation Development Corporation Limited (SITCO), a joint venture between the Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC), the Surat Municipal Corporation and the Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC). India’s two world-class Railway stations — Habibganj (in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh) and Gandhinagar (in Gujarat) — will be ready by the beginning of 2019.
- Where will the Second edition of World Hindu Congress (WHC)/World Hindu Congress 2018 be held from 7th – 9th September, 2018?
1.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Chicago, US
The theme of World Hindu Congress 2018 is “Sumantrite Suvikrante” – “think collectively, achieve valiantly”. It is being organised by World Hindu Foundation to commemorate 125 years of Swami Vivekananda’s historic Chicago address on September 11, 1893. Tulsi Gabbard, the first Hindu lawmaker in the US Congress has been named Chairperson of WHC 2018. The event will be attended by Heads of several countries, top corporate leaders, religious leaders and more than 2000 Hindu delegates from over 50 countries. The inaugural World Hindu Congress was held in New Delhi in November 2014.
- During the India-Nepal Inter Government Committee (IGC) meeting on Trade, Transit and Cooperation to Control Unauthorised Trade, held in ____last week, both the countries have agreed to review bilateral trade treaty, which will be initiated in July 2018?
3.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kathmandu, Nepal
As per the agreement, a comprehensive review of India-Nepal bilateral trade treaty will be initiated in July 2018. This treaty was last revised in 2009. Both countries also agreed to synchronise development of border trade infrastructure, as most of the bilateral trade takes place through land customs stations located along the India-Nepal border. Amendments to the bilateral Treaty of Transit, signed in 1999, to further facilitate transit movement of Nepal’s trade with third countries were also discussed at this meeting.
- For the first time, India and Pakistan will be part of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) counter-terror exercise named ‘Peace Mission 2018’, that will be held in _____ in September 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Russia
This multi nation exercise will be conducted under the framework of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO). The exercise has been named ‘Peace Mission 2018’ and almost all SCO member countries including China will be a part of this exercise. Objective of conducting ‘Peace Mission 2018’ is to enhance counter-terror cooperation among the eight SCO member countries. India’s participation in this military drill was confirmed by Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman during the recent SCO Defence Ministers’ meeting in Beijing, China.
- Where was the International Buddhist Conference 2018 held on 28th and 29th April, 2018?
3.Colombo, Sri Lanka
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Lumbini, Nepal
The conference was organised as part of 2562nd Buddha Jayanti celebrations. Objective of the conference was to disseminate teachings of Gautam Buddha and spread the messages of brotherhood, nonviolence, co-existence, love and peace to the international community. Theme of International Buddhist Conference 2018 was ‘Lumbini Nepal: The birthplace of Lord Buddha and the fountain of Buddhism and world peace’.
- Office of USTR released 2018 edition of ‘Special 301 Report’, according to which, India has once again been placed in the ‘Priority Watch List’. What does “T” represent in USTR?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Trade
Office of the United States Trade Representative(USTR) annually prepares Special 301 Report that identifies countries which do not provide “adequate and effective” protection of intellectual property rights and “fair and equitable market access” to US entities relying on IPR protection. Those countries where current IPR regulation has serious deficiencies and requires active monitoring are placed in Priority Watchlist under Special Report 301 by the USTR.
- According to traffic forecasts of 2017-40 by the Airports Council International (ACI), which country has been projected as the second fastest growing country in the world for passenger traffic?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.India
Vietnam has topped the list with a 8.5 per cent growth rate. It is followed by India at 7.5 per cent and Iran at 7.3 per cent. China occupies 8th position with 5.9 per cent growth rate. ACI has forecasted that by 2022, passenger traffic in emerging economies like India will beat advanced economies. By 2040, international passenger traffic will reach parity with domestic traffic, which means more people will travel offshore with increased economic activities. In 2022, passenger traffic in developing economies will reach 5.4 billion, which will be little higher than advanced economies at 5.3 billion.
- According to TRA’s Brand Trust Report 2018, which is the most trusted Internet brand in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Google
Facebook has attained the second position on the list. TRA’s Brand Trust Report 2018 has said that, Google features 1.2 trillion searches every year. The survey was held from November 2017-January 2018. The survey did not take into account the recent reports of data breach in Facebook. Amazon has ranked third. It is followed by e-Bay in the fourth position. Flipkart has secured 6th position. Ola has been ranked seventh in the list. Uber has secured fifteenth position.
- On 29th April 2018, Saudi Aramco appointed a woman to its board, by recruiting American ____ to its 11-member board?
2.Lynn Laverty Elsenhans
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Lynn Laverty Elsenhans
Lynn Laverty Elsenhans is a former chief executive and chairperson of US oil refinery Sunoco. She was named as one of the world’s most powerful women in 2008 by Forbes magazine. Before joining Sunoco, she was a senior executive at Royal Dutch Shell. She is also on the board of GlaxoSmithKline. The government of Saudi Arabia has set a goal of raising female participation in the workforce from 22% to 30% by 2030.
- Who has been sworn in as the Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir?
3.Sunil Kumar Sharma
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Kavinder Gupta
The following persons took charge as ministers of state:
• Mohammad Khalil Band (Pulwama MLA)
• Sat Paul Sharma (BJP’s state unit chief)
• Mohammad Ashraf Mir (Sonwar MLA)
• Rajiv Jasrotia (Kathua MLA)
• Devinder Kumar Manyal (Sambha MLA)
• Shakti Raj (Doda MLA)
Sunil Kumar Sharma, who was the minister of state for transport, was promoted to the rank of cabinet minister. On 17th April 2018, BJP had asked all its nine ministers in the Jammu and Kashmir state government to submit their resignations to introduce new faces.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of Intex Technologies?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rajiv Bakshi
Rajiv Rajiv Bakshi has headed brand development, business transformation, consumer acquisition and digital strategy for long term growth and profitability. Before joining Intex, he worked with Discovery Networks India and South Asia region as vice president and head of marketing and products. As the CMO, Rajiv Bakshi will head the generation of consumer insights for product development and planning, expand sales and distribution network in general trade, e-commerce portals, large format stores and retail network.
- The board of directors of Kotak Mahindra Bank has redesignated ____ as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer with effect from 1st May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Uday Kotak
Earlier, Uday Kotak was executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director. He was the only official among private banks to have a Vice Chairman designation. All other private banks have MD & CEO designation. Kotak Mahindra Bank also informed that Shankar Acharya, part-time Chairman, will retire on 19th July 2018. Prakash Apte has been appointed as part-time Chairman of the Bank in place of Shankar Acharya. Prakash Apte’s term is till 31stDecember 2020.
- What is the name of the world’s oldest known spider that has died at the age of 43 in Australia?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Number 16
Number 16 was a female trapdoor spider. It has broken the previous record of a 28-year-old tarantula in Mexico, as per a study published in the Pacific Conservation Biology Journal. Number 16 did not die of old age. It was killed by a wasp sting. Generally, trapdoor spiders have a life span ranging from 5 to 20 years. They are not a major threat to humans, but their bite can cause pain and swelling.
- Name the Indian tennis player who won his first singles title on the ATP Challenger circuit in the Kunming Open in Anning, China, on 29th April 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Prajnesh Gunneswaran
Prajnesh defeated Egypt’s Mohammed Safwat 5-7, 6-3, 6-1 in the final of the Kunming Open. Prajnesh is 28 years old. He hails from Chennai. He is currently ranked 260th. He is expected to enter the top-200 with the 125 ATP points obtained from the title.
- Who won the Barcelona Open tennis title for the 11th time in Barcelona, Spain, on 29th April 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rafael Nadal
Rafael Nadal won the Barcelona Open tennis title by defeating Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-2 6-1 in the final. Stefanos Tsitsipas is 19 years old. He is the second-youngest player in the ATP top 100.
- On 28th April 2018, India’s ____ won a silver medal in the sabre event of the Tournoi World Cup Satellite Fencing Championship in Reykjavik, Iceland?
2.CA Bhavani Devi
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.CA Bhavani Devi
CA Bhavani Devi hails from Tamil Nadu. She was defeated 10-15 by USA’s Alexis Browne in the finals. She had defeated Parede Torres 15-9 in the quarterfinal and Italy’s Guila Arpino 15-10 in the semifinal.
- Which was the host city of International Jazz Day 2018 that was celebrated on 30th April 2018?
1.London, United Kingdom
2.Saint Petersburg, Russia
3.New York, United States
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Saint Petersburg, Russia
International Jazz Day is chaired and led by the UNESCO Director General Audrey Azoulay and jazz pianist and composer Herbie Hancock. Herbie Hancock is UNESCO Ambassador for Intercultural Dialogue and Chairman of the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz. Saint Petersburg, Russia is the Global Host City for International Jazz Day 2018.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Srisailam (N.S.R.S.P) Dam has been constructed on which river?Krishna River
- What is the tag line of Andhra bank?Where India banks
- Which state houses the Nako Lake?Himachal Pradesh
- Where is the Dogra Art Museum located?Jammu and Kashmir
- Name the President and headquarters of Saudi Aramco (Saudi Arabian Oil Company)?President – Amin H. Nasser, Headquarters – Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification