AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 24 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which country has released a special stamp on Hindu epic Ramayana to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the diplomatic ties with India?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indonesia
On 23 April 2019, Indonesia released a special stamp on the theme of Ramayana at the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between India and Indonesia event in the presence of India’ Ambassador Pradeep Kumar Rawat and Indonesia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Abdurrahman Mohammad Fachir. Indonesian sculptor Padmashri Bapak Nyoman Nuart designed the stamp and it features a scene from Hindu epic Ramayana in which Jatayu valiantly fought to save Sita.
- What is the name of the English translation of the poem titled ‘Khooni Baisakhi’ on Jallianwala Bagh massacre, that was launched in 29th edition of the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF)?
1) “All Quiet on the Western Front”
2) “War and Peace”
3) “Inked in Blood and Spirit of Freedom”
4) “Men At Arms”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) “Inked in Blood and Spirit of Freedom”
On 24th April 2019, the 29th edition of the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF) started and will conclude on 30th April at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. India has been nominated as the “Guest of Honour” country which reflects the strong relations between the leadership and the people of the UAE and India. Navdeep Suri, Indian Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) launched his book, “Inked in Blood and Spirit of Freedom” which is the English translation of poem ‘Khooni Baisakhi’ on Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
- Which country has recently set up Coordinating Council for attracting foreign investments, mainly from India?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan under the chairmanship of it’s Prime Minister, Askar Mamin has set up Coordinating Council for attracting foreign investments inclusive of investments from India. Under Askar Mamin, a decision was taken to lay down the functions of Investment Ombudsman in order to venture for new approaches to improve investment scenario in Kazakhstan by efficiently interacting with the investors and providing solutions to current issues.The requirement for such task is to increase the volume of investment in fixed assets in the medium term to 30% of (Gross Domestic Product) GDP of the nation and the primary driver should be foreign direct investment (FDI).The meeting chose the Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC) as a Unified Centre for the coordination of work on investment and promotion (Regional Investment Hub).
- Name the two countries which have planned to set up joint border ‘Reaction Force’ to fight terrorism.
1) Iran and Pakistan
2) India and Pakistan
3) India and Bhutan
4) Pakistan and Afghanistan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Iran and Pakistan
Iranian President Hassan Rohani and visiting Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan have agreed for setting up a joint border ‘Reaction Force‘ to combat the attacks by militant groups on both sides their frontier. The Iran-Pakistan border encompasses the south-eastern Iranian province of Sistan-Baluchestan (the second largest province of Iran with its capital Zahedan) where frequent attacks on Iran’s security forces have taken place.Since Iran-Pakistan relations had gone downhill with both the nations accusing each other for not taking enough steps to eradicate militants, they have decided to collaborate to form a joint quick reaction force by increasing cooperation between border forces and intelligence agencies.
- As per RBI’s recent approval, HDFC Bank is permitted to hold ________ percent stake in Bandhan bank following the Gruh Finance deal?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 9.9%
The RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has granted approval to HDFC Ltd for holding up to 9.9% stake in Bandhan Bank following the Gruh Finance deal. HDFC Bank.Gruh Finance is the housing finance arm of HDFC Ltd and was taken over in January by Bandhan Bank in a share-swap deal.The scheme is yet to get approvals from the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) and the shareholders of Gruh Finance and Bandhan Bank.The Gruh Finance deal will decrease stake of Bandhan Financial Holdings Ltd in Bandhan Bank from 82% to 61%.
- Which private sector bank has launched the industry’s first debit card based authentication solution on National Payments Corporation of India’s(NPCI’s) e-Mandate Application Program Interface(API) platform?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) has launched the first debit card-based authentication solution on NPCI’s (National Payments Corporation of India) e-Mandate (electronic mandate) API (Application Program Interface) platform, thus being the first ever Destination Bank to go live with both Net Banking and Debit Card-based e-mandate authentication.The objective of this initiative is to enable Kotak customers to create electronic mandates (similar to the former eNACH with Aadhaar + OTP) (eNACH- Electronic National Automated Clearing House; OTP- One Time Password) via both debit card and net banking provision.
- According to credit rating agency Fitch, which became the first central bank in the Asia-Pacific region (APAC) to begin an interest rate easing cycle floated by benign food inflation and easier global financial condition?
1) Bank of Japan
2) Central Bank of Armenia
3) Reserve Bank of Fiji
4) Reserve Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Reserve Bank of India
The Fitch ratings notified that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) becomes the first central bank in the Asia-Pacific region (APAC) to begin an interest rate easing cycle floated by benign food inflation and easier global financial condition.The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) chaired by Shaktikanta Das, RBI Govenor, had cut rates in February and April by citing prospects of benign inflation.In the 4 months of 2019, the RBI has cut policy interest rates 2 times by 0.25% each to one-year low of 6%.This is the 1st back-to-back rate cut since the MPC was formed in 2016.Inflation at 2.9% has stayed within the RBI’s comfort zone of 4% (with +/- 2%). Fitch reports stated that the fiscal slippage relative to RBI’s targets has brought about stalling of fiscal consolidation.
- Name the Cryptocurrency Exchange in India, that has launched the first Indian Platform for Wholesale Cryptocurrency Trading.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) BuyUcoin
BuyUcoin, second oldest Cryptocurrency Exchange in India, has introduced a new and unique platform for wholesale cryptocurrency trading. This platform works on ‘free trading model’ which means it charges zero fee on any trade. This wholesale platform also known as OTC (Over-the-counter) Desk allows users to trade on a large scale with low price fluctuations. This new platform will help to improve the problem of liquidity of cryptocurrency in Indian market. This will also help in quicker transactions, better prices and market stability.
- Food regulator of India, Food Safety and Standards Regulations(FSSAI) has banned import of milk and milk products from which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) China
The government has extended the ban on import of milk and milk products from China (including chocolates, chocolate products, candies, confectionary, food preparations with milk or milk solids as an ingredient).The ban on milk products was 1st imposed in September 2008 and it had been extended continuously from time to time. The recent ban imposed by the government ended on April 23, 2019.Food regulator FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) has recommended that the ban should be extended till laboratories at ports are modernized to test the presence of the toxic chemical melamine. Melamine is an extremely toxic chemical that is used for making plastics and fertilisers.
- Name the regulatory body, which has reduced the minimum subscription requirement for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs)?
1) Federation of Indian Export Organisation(FIEO)
2) Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI)
3) Small Industries Development Bank of India(SIDBI)
4) Financial Stability and Development Council(FSDC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI)
Recently, SEBI in his guidelines titled “Guidelines for Determination of Allotment and Trading Lot Size for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs)” has reduced the minimum subscription requirement as well as defined trading lots for REITs and InvITs.For determining the allotment in an initial offer and follow on public offers, REITs have to offer their units in lots worth at least Rs 50,000 and in case of InvITs, the minimum value of a single lot should be Rs 1 lakh.The allotment to any investor shall be made in the multiples of a lot.For initial listing in case of REITs and InvITs, a trading lot should be of 100 units and for follow on public offers, each lot shall consists of such number of units in its trading lot as it had at the time of initial offer. Moreover, SEBI has also increased leverage limit for InvITs from 49 percent to 70 percent.
- Who has been appointed as the 52nd Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA)?
1) Vinakshi Gupta
2) Anuradha Mitra
3) Madhulika P Sukul
4) Rajendra Kumar Nayak
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rajendra Kumar Nayak
On 22nd April 2019, Shri.Rajendra Kumar Nayak has been appointed as the 52nd Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA). Nayak, who is from the Indian Defence Accounts Service of 1983 batch, will succeed Smt. Madhulika P Sukul.He has experience in handling Finance, Personnel, Pay & Budget matters of the Ministry of Defence.Nayak has held important assignments in the Defence Accounts Department and on deputation in the Government of India during over 35 years of his career span.
- Which transport firm has recently appointed Pierre-Dimitri Gore-Coty as head of Asia-Pacific region?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Uber
Amit Jain, Uber’s Asia-Pacific region (APAC) Head, announced his resignation at the end of May 2019 after four-year service to spend time with his family. Uber’s head of Europe, Middle East and Africa, Pierre-Dimitri Gore-Coty will take over the additional charge of APAC. In June 2015, he had joined Uber as India head and become APAC chief in May 2018.
- Who was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Indian Overseas Bank?
1) Ajay Kumar Srivastava
2) Karnam Sekar
4) K. Swaminathan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Karnam Sekar
Karnam Sekar, Dena Bank’s former Managing Director has been newly appointed as the new Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Indian Overseas Bank. He would take up the position from July 1, 2019.He has been working as an officer on special duty and Whole Time Director in IOB (Indian Overseas Bank) from April 1 till the time of taking over charge from R Subramaniakumar who was the erstwhile CEO and MD.R Subramaniakumar had initiated measures to uplift IOB from loses due to high Non-Performing Assets.
- Name the private sector bank which has received National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) nod to merge with a microfinance company, Bharat Financial Inclusion (BFIL).
1) IndusInd Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) Federal Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) IndusInd Bank
Recently, National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) approved merger of private sector lender IndusInd Bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion (BFIL), a microfinance company. Now, BFIL become the subsidiary of IndusInd Bank. Last year, IndusInd Bank had received ‘No Objection’ from Reserve Bank of India, National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Which country has become the first East African nation to launch the world’s first malaria vaccine RTS,S also known as Mosquirix?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Malawi
The world’s first malaria vaccine RTS, S is also known as Mosquirix has launched in Malawi, one of three countries in Africa in a landmark pilot programme coordinated by the World Health Organisation (WHO). The other two African countries are Ghana and Kenya. This vaccine has created by British Pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) in 1987 and after that vaccine has undergone 30 years of testing which was supported by many organizations including a non-profit organization PATH. This pilot project aims to reach 360,000 children per year in all three countries. The malaria vaccine will be provided to children up to 2 years of age and it will be given in a total of 4 doses, first three doses between five and nine months of age and the fourth doses will be given around 2nd birthday.
- Name the Pakistan navy ship(PNS), which is used for test firing the indigenously developed cruise missile recently.
1) PNS Aslat (252)
2) PNS Zulfiquar (251)
3) PNS Himmat (1027)
4) PNS Shamsheer (252)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) PNS Himmat (1027)
An indigenously developed cruise missile successfully test fired by Pakistan Navy from its latest Azmat-class Patrol Craft, PNS Himmat (1027) in North Arabian Sea. The cruise missile has capability of anti-ship missile and land attack. The media arm of the Pakistan Armed Forces, Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) has not revealed the missile type which Pakistan Navy has tested.
- Where was the Indian Coast Guard Vessel ICGS C-441 commissioned?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Paradip, Odisha
4) Vizhinjam, Thiruvananthapuram
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Vizhinjam, Thiruvananthapuram
On 24th April 2018, The newly built Coast Guard Vessel ICGS C-441 was commissioned into the service by Tom Jose, Chief Secretary of Kerala at Vizhinjam Harbour, Thiruvananthapuram. It is the seventh Interceptor vessel amongst the series which is built by M/s. L&T Ltd (Larsen & Toubro Limited), Surat. Inspector General Vijay D Chafekar, PTM, TM, Commander coast guard Region (West) Mumbai have attended the commissioning ceremony.It is 27.4 metres long and has106 tonnes displacement capacity and can achieve a maximum speed of 45 knots(83 km/hr).The vessel is powered by twin diesel engines and twin water-jet propulsion systems and has an endurance of 500 NM at 25 knots of speed.
- Name the deceased lady mountaineer, who led the first successful all-women expedition to Kedarnath Dome in Garhwal Himalaya.
1) Rama Sengupta Paul
2) Anandi Gopal Joshi
3) Nasim Akhtar
4) Amrita Sher-Gil
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rama Sengupta Paul
On 21st April 2019, veteran lady mountaineer Rama Sengupta Paul passed away at the age of 66 at a city hospital due to cardiac arrest.She led the first successful all-women expedition to Kedarnath Dome in Garhwal Himalaya which was organized by Himalayan Association to commemorate the International Year of Women in 1975.She was a member of Indo-Japanese Women expedition to Kamet and Abi Gamin organized by Indian Mountaineering Foundation in 1976 and in 1978 she led another all women expedition of Himalayan Association to Dharamsura in Himachal Pradesh.She was a retired bank officer, who guided youths and students at many rock climbing and adventure camps in West Bengal.
- Grand Duke Jean passed away recently at the age of 98, he was _____ Grand Duke of Luxembourg?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sixth
On 23rd April 2019, Luxembourg’s Grand Duke Jean passed away at the age of 98 due to pulmonary infection.He was born on 5th January 1921 at Berg Castle, Luxembourg.In 1942 he received military training at Sandhurst in Britain and in 1944 he served as a guard at Buckingham Palace before joining Allied forces in Normandy.In 1963, he became the sixth Grand Duke of Luxembourg, held the position nearly 36 years and abdicated in 2000 in favour of his son Henri.
- Who has translated the book “Indian Constitution” in Konkani language?
1) Ruskin Bond
2) Stephen Quadros Permude
3) Salman Rushdie
4) Jhumpa Lahiri
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Stephen Quadros Permude
On 21st April 2019, the Mangaluru Bishop Peter Paul Saldanha has released A Konkani translation of the Indian Constitution at the Rosario cathedral. Prof Stephen Quadros Permude, who has authored several books in Konkani has translated the book.It has been brought out by the Mangaluru diocesan commission, which is led by its convener Fr J B Crasta.
- When was the first official International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace observed?
1) 21st April
2) 22nd April
3) 24th April
4) 23rd April
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 24th April
International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace is observed on 24 April annually to support the UN Charter and its principles of resolving disputes among nations through peaceful means. To promote the day, the UN General Assembly convened a one-day high-level plenary meeting on the same day.This date was designated as International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace on 12 December 2018 by the UN General Assembly through resolution A/RES/73/127. The day was proclaimed to support and promote the three pillars of the UN – Peace and Security, Development and Human Rights.
- World Day for Laboratory Animals is observed annually on ________?
1) 21st April
2) 22nd April
3) 23rd April
4) 24th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 24th April
On 24th April 2019, World Day for Animals in Laboratories also known as World Lab Animal Day was observed for the movement to end the suffering of animals in laboratories around the world and their replacement with advanced scientific non-animal techniques. The adjoining week is known as “World Week for Animals in Laboratories” (WWAIL) which is observed from April 21-28.Hugh Dowding’s birthday was chosen as the date of world Laboratory animal Protection Day. He was not only an officer of the Royal Air Force of Great Britain but also a famous animal rights fighter and former president of National Anti-Vivisection Society (NAVS).This Day was established in 1979 by the NAVS. They described the day as an “international day for commemoration” for animals in laboratories.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Director General of World Health Organisation (WHO)?Tedros Adhanom
- What is the Capital and Currency of Ghana?Capital:Accra & Currency:Ghanaian Cedi
- What is the tagline of IndusInd Bank?We Make You Feel Richer
- Where is the headquarters of Indian regulatory body Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) located?Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who is the Chief Minister of West Bengal?Mamata Banerjee