AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 10 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- India and Singapore had participated in which joint military exercise, that was held in Jhansi’s Babina Cantonment, Uttar Pradesh?
1) Lamitye VIII –2019
2) Surya Kiran XIII –2019
3) Bold Kurukshetra –2019
4) Shakti IV –2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bold Kurukshetra–2019
On 8th April 2019, a three-day joint military exercise between India and Singapore named ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’ started in Jhansi’s Babina Cantonment, Uttar Pradesh to strengthen cooperation against terrorism, develop defence technology and boost maritime security.Colonel SP Singh led the Indian counterpart, and Lieutenant Colonel Tong Chong Kiat led the Singapore counterpart. Brigadier Ranjan Keron reviewed the march past of both the contingents.Background of this exercise: An official agreement signed between India and Singapore in November 2017 to strengthen defence ties between their respective armed forces and for this agreement, personnel from the Singapore Armed Forces will receive training along with the Indian Armed Forces.
- Who has filed and withdraw the petition challenging the appointment of Vice Admiral Karambir Singh as the next Navy Chief mentioning seniority?
1) Vice Admiral Sureesh Mehta
2) Vice Admiral Bimal Verma
3) Vice Admiral Robin K Dhowan
4) Vice Admiral Nirmal Kumar Verma
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Vice Admiral Bimal Verma
Vice Admiral Bimal Verma has dropped the petition to challenge the appointment of Vice Admiral Karambir Singh as the next Navy Chief. He will be seeking the “statutory remedy” of approaching the government first. According to him, present government is ignoring seniority as the basis to appoint a Service Chief. He is six months senior to Vice Admiral Karambir Singh.It was aftermath when Admiral Verma was asked to file a statutory complaint to the Defence Ministry by the Armed Forces tribunal under the Navy Act.Admiral Verma asked the judges to order the government to address his concerns in a time-bound manner.
- Name the parent company of Wing, that has launched its first commercial drone service in Canberra, Australia.
3) Alphabet Inc.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Alphabet Inc.
Alphabet, Google’s parent company, launched its first commercial drone service through its Wing subsidiary in Canberra, Australia after the country’s Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA), granted it regulatory approval.The drones will deliver coffee, food, and over-the-counter medicines directly to clients’ homes using a connected smartphone app.In the primary stage, Wing is coupling with Australian retailers including Capital Chemist, Drummond Golf, Pure Gelato, KickstartExpresso, Bakers Delight, Jasper + Myrtle, and Guzman Y Gomez.Drones will not be permitted to fly over main roads and it has a specific timetable.
- Which government has published an “online harms white paper” with an objective to make online social media platforms responsible to safeguard users, especially children?
1) Russian government
2) Indian government
3) US government
4) British government
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) British government
The British government has published an “online harms white paper” which is open for public consultation (till July) focuses to make online social media platforms responsible to safeguard users, especially children. It is a joint proposal from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and Home Office. Since all of the social media platforms use strong algorithms leading to echo-chambers, where a user is bombarded with only blinkered content (according to the user’s web-browsing) instead of multi-directional content (i.e. seeing a variety of voices and opinions), all of which can affect children’s brain; the white paper proposes the compulsory ‘duty of care’ on various social media platforms for taking reasonable steps to protect users (focusing on children) from getting harmed.
- What is the growth rate of India for the year 2019 as per the World Economic Outlook (WEO) report released by International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
1) 7.3 %
2) 7.5 %
3) 7.1 %
4) 7. 7 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 7.3 %
According to the World Economic Outlook (WEO) report released by International Monetary Fund (IMF), India’s growth rate is estimated to rise from 7.3% in 2019 to 7.5% in 2020 provided it receives impetus from the fiscal policy and is backed by the ongoing recovery of investment and consumption within expanded approach of monetary policy. As per the report, India’s growth rate was 7.1% in 2018 against China’s 6.6%. India will remain the fastest growing major economy in the world.According to the report, India’s growth is approximated to stabilise at just under 7¾ over the medium term. This will be possible when structural reforms will continuously be implemented and infrastructure gridlocks would be eased.
- Which is first Islamic bank in the world to launch chat banking facility for its customer via Whatsapp?
1) National Bank of Abu Dhabi
2) Emirates Islamic bank
3) Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
4) Dubai Islamic Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Emirates Islamic bank
On 7th April 2019, Emirates Islamic bank launched a chat banking facility for its customer via Whatsapp and become the world’s 1st bank in the Islamic banking sector to give such facility. It was supported by Infobip. ii. This chat banking solution allows customers to check account balances, temporarily blocking or unblocking of an existing card.
- Name the Asset Management Co., that has topped in terms of average Assets Under Management (AUM) as per the AMFI (Association of Mutual Funds in India).
1) Reliance Nippon Life
2) ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co. Ltd
3) HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd
4) Birla Sun Life Asset Management
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd
According to data released by the AMFI (Association of Mutual Funds in India), India’s asset management companies have owned assets under management worth Rs. 24.46 trillion. HDFC AMC.HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd has achieved the top position with an average AUM of Rs. 3.42 trillion.ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co. Ltd has claimed the second position with an average AUM of at Rs.3.20 trillion.
- What is the estimated growth of steel demand as per the Indian Steel Association for the year 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 7.1%
On 10th April 2019, as per the Indian Steel Association, India’s steel demand is grown by over 7 percent in 2019 and 2020, due to the sectors like construction, capital goods, and railways.The forecast for steel demand growth is 7.1 percent in 2019 and by 7.2 percent in 2020.The consumption of steel in India is likely to cross 100 million tonnes (MT) mark in 2019.This growth is also due to some infrastructure programmes such as Bharatmala, Sagarmala, railway track electrification, dedicated freight corridors, metro rails, etc.
- Who was named as the Leading male cricketer of the year 2019 for the third consecutive time by the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack 2019?
1) Virat Kohli
2) M.S. Dhoni
3) Rashid Khan
4) Jos Buttler
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Virat Kohli
On 10th April 2019, Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack 2019 has named Virat Kohli and Smriti Mandhana as the Leading male and female cricketer of the year 2019 respectively. Smriti Mandhana bagged the women’s Leading Cricketer of the year for the first time while Indian men’s team captain was named for the third straight year.The Afghanistan leg-spinner, Rashid Khan, was named the Leading Twenty20 Cricketer for the second successive time.In 2018, Kohli scored 2735 runs across the three formats and Mandhana scored 669 and 662 runs in ODIs and T20Is respectively, during the course of 2018.Kohli was also chosen as one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the year, along with Jos Buttler, Tammy Beaumont, Rory Burns and Sam Curran.
- Who was appointed as the Prime Minister of Haiti?
1) Jean-Henry Ceant
2) Jean Michel Lapin
3) Jovenel Moise
4) Miguel Díaz-Canel
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jean Michel Lapin
On 9th April 2019, The acting Prime Minister of Haiti, Jean Michel Lapin confirmed as the country’s new Prime Minister by the President Jovenel Moise. He succeeds Jean-Henry Ceant. Jean Michel Lapin.Lapin is the third Premier under President Moise since he came to office in February 2017.President Moise announced the appointment of the new head of government via Twitter.The establishment of a new government is an International Monetary Fund pre-requisite for the disbursement of the first tranche of a $229 million loan to Haiti.Lapin, former culture and communications minister, is a native of Jacmel, a port city in the southeast.
- Name the country,which has appointed Abdelkader Bensalah (77) as its new president in 20 years?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Algeria
On 9th April 2019, the speaker of the upper house Abdelkader Bensalah (77) has been appointed as Algeria’s first new president in 20 years by the Lawmakers of Algeria. He has been appointed as the interim President of the country. Lawmakers appointed Algeria’s first new president after the resignation of veteran leader Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
- Who was appointed as MD & CEO of Indian Overseas Bank?
1) Annie George Mathew
2) T C A Ranganathan
3) Ajay Kumar Srivastava
4) Karnam Sekar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Karnam Sekar
On 9th April, 2019, Centre made important management appointments to several public sector banks. According to the Department of Personnel and Training, Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the appointment of Karnam Sekar as MD and CEO in Indian Overseas Bank.The new designation will be effective from July 1, 2019.Karnam Sekar is currently the CEO and MD of Dena bank. He will further work as officer on special duty and whole-time director with IOB till the end of June, 2019.
- Which state government was penalized by National Green Tribunal (NGT) for illegal sand mining?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Andhra Pradesh
On 8th April 2019, National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed a penalty of Rs 100 crore on the Andhra Pradesh government for illegal sand mining in the state. Penalty has been imposed on the lines of plea filed by Andhra Pradesh resident Anumolu Gandhi, alleging illegal sand mining was causing damage to Krishna, Godavari rivers and their tributaries in the state. The tribunal headed by Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel who is the chairperson of NGT directed the state government to deposit Rs 100 crore ‘environment compensation’ with the Central Pollution Control Board (CPSB) within a month.Also, a committee has been formed consisting of the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC), National Institute of Mines, Dhanbad, IIT Roorkee and Madras School of Economics for the evaluation of environment damage within three months and to provide a report to this Tribunal.
- Periyar River is recently in news for its discolouration. It is located in which Indian state?
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kerala
Kerala’s Periyar River has turned black near the Pathalam Regulator cum Bridge. This discolouration of Periyar and fish kills have been a serious issue for last couple of years.About hundred Indian anchovies (Kozhuva) fishes were found dead along the banks of the Muttar river, a tributary of the Periyar.According to PCB (Pollution Control Board), the discolouration was due to the poor quality of water as a result of eutrophication.
- Asian champion & woman professional Olympician, Manpreet Kaur has been banned from which sport after failing dope tests?
2) Javelin throw
3) Shot Put
4) Long Jump
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Shot Put
A National Anti-Doping Agency disciplinary panel has banned Asian champion woman professional Olympic shot putter, Manpreet Kaur for four years for failing dope tests on four occasions over a period of 84 days during 2017.She had failed for an anabolic steroid in the Asian Grand Prix and for a stimulant in the Federation Cup, Asian championships and National inter-state championships.
- Name the Congress leader and former finance minister of Kerala, who passed away recently in Kochi, Kerala.
1) KM Mani
2) CN Balakrishnan
3) Ananth Kumar
4) RK Dhawan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) KM Mani
On 9th April 2019, Veteran Kerala politician and former state finance minister Karingozhakkal Mani Mani passed away at the age of 86 years at Lakeshore Hospital in Kochi, Kerala.He was born on 30th January 1933 at Marangattupalli village near Pala, Kerala.He had been suffering from COPD (Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disease) for several years and had often been hospitalized for the chest infection.He was the only politician who has been elected from the same constituency for 13 consecutive elections and the longest-serving member of the Kerala Legislative Assembly.
- Holkhomang Haokip was passed away recently, he was a ____________?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Politician
Holkhomang Haokip, veteran politician and former minister of Manipur passed away on 8th April 2019. Holkhomang Haokip was a leader of the Kuki community (of North-east India) and being elected to the 13th Lok Sabha (in 1999). He was a former member of Parliament. He hailed from Kamjong District of Manipur. Holkhomang Haokip was the son of freedom fighter Chunglet Haokip of the (INA) Indian National Army.Previously, in 1972, he was elected to the Manipur Assembly and became the minister of Manipur for education and tribal welfare.Haokip was appointed as the deputy chairman of the State Planning Board in 1980.From 1981 to 1984, Haokip was a cabinet minister of industries, planning and transport. From 1989 to 1992 he was the industry minister and from 1992 to 1995, the power Minister.
- When was World Homoeopathy Day 2019 observed?
1) 9th April
2) 10th April
3) 8th April
4) 7th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 10th April
To celebrate the birth anniversary of Dr. Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of Homoeopathy; the World Homoeopathy Day 2019 is observed on April 10, 2019 all over the globe. The week following the birth date of Hahnemann (10th April 1955-2nd July 1843) i.e 10th-16th April is commemorated as the World Homeopathic Awareness Week. At Dr. Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi, the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) (an autonomous research organisation under the Union Ministry of AYUSH) has organised a two day convention on April 9-10, 2019. Its theme was “Linking Education and Clinical Practice with Research: Advancing Scientific Collaborations”.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Mathikettan Shola National Park is located in which state?Kerala
- Who is the President of Singapore?Halimah Yacob.
- What is the Capital and Currency of Israel?Capital – Jerusalem & Currency – Israeli new Shekel
- Who is the MD of HDFC Bank?Aditya Puri
- Papikonda National Park is located in which state?Andhra Pradesh