AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 9 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- According to the Published National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2019 and Atal Ranking of Institutions for Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2019 ranking for higher educational institutes in India, Which institution had been spotted top in the overall category?
1. Miranda House, Delhi
2. Indian Institute of Technology Madras
3. Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru
4. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
5. None of theseAnswer – 2. Indian Institute of Technology Madras
On 8th April 2019,President Ramnath Kovind Published National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2019and Atal Ranking of Institutions for Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2019 ranking for higher educational institutes in India at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. Indian Institute of Technology Madras was the winner in overall category and for other winners list Click here :-https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs-april-9-2019/.
- Whom did the National Green Tribunal (NGT) appoint head of the committee which helps to examine the alleged erosion of Yamuna floodplain due to movement of heavy vehicles in Sonipat district in Haryana?
2. Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
5.None of theseAnswer – 2. Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
On 8th April 2019, National Green Tribunal established a committee to examine the alleged erosion of Yamuna floodplain due to movement of heavy vehicles in Sonipat district in Haryana. NGT Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel constituted a three person body, comprised of director of the Mines and Geology Department,member secretary of the Haryana State Pollution Control Board and principal secretary of the Haryana Irrigation.
- Where was the 17th edition of Middle East and North Africa (MENA) World Economic Forum held?
2.Makgadikgadi Pans, Botswana
4. Lake Malawi, Malawi
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Dead Sea,Jordan
On 6th April 2019,17thedition of World Economic Forum on the (MENA) was held at Dead Sea,Jordan.Over 1000 representatives from more than 50 countries participated in the meeting.It is the 10th meeting in Jordan and 17th meeting in the MENA region.
- Which two countries have agreed to develop a acquaintance in security and defence spheres in several fields, including regional security, controlling drug smuggling and human trafficking?
1.India and Pakistan
2.India and Bangladesh
3.India and Sri Lanka
4.India and Nepal
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.India and Sri Lanka
India and Sri Lanka have agreed to enhance collaboration in security and defence spheres in several fields, including regional security, controlling drug smuggling and human trafficking.
Defence Secretary of India Sanjay Mitra and Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena‘s meeting in Colomboresulted in this agreement.
- Name the first city in the world to implement a Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) for 24×7 hours a week to reduce toxic air pollution and protect public health.
1. New York
5.None of theseAnswer – 4. London
On 8th April, 2019, London became the first city in the world to implement a Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) for 24×7 hours a week, inside which vehicles will have to meet tough emissions standards.This zone aims to reduce toxic air pollution and protect public health.
Motorists who drive into the zone in a vehicle that does not meet the new emission standard will have to pay a daily charge.
- On 8th April 2019, Reserve Bank of India gave some guidelines which based upon the recommendations of the “Committee on Currency Movement” (CCM) for banks to set up new currency chests. Who is the chairman of CCM?
1. DK Mohanty
2. Dr. Bimal Jalan
3. N.K. Singh
4. M.P. Bezbarauah
5. None of theseAnswer – 1. DK Mohanty
Reserve Bank of India gave some guidelines for banks to set up new currency chests
On 8th April 2019, The Reserve Bank of India gave some guidelines for banks to set up new currency chests, including a minimum area of 1,500 square feet for strong room and should have a processing capacity of 6.6 lakh pieces of banknotes per day. The guidelines are based upon the recommendations of the “Committee on Currency Movement” (CCM) chaired by DK Mohanty, which was constituted by RBI in 2016.
- Which of the below private bank has signed an agreement to strengthen the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) startup platform?
1. HDFC Bank
2. City Union Bank
3. Axis Bank
4. ICICI Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 1. HDFC Bank
On 8th April 2019, Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Asia’s oldest exchange has signed an agreement with HDFC Bank to spread more awareness about the benefits of listing startups as well as to strengthen BSE startup platform.
- Which of the following report of the World Bank stated that India retained its position as the world’s top recipient in 2018?
1.Human Capital Index
2.Ease of Doing Business
3.Global Financial Stability Report
4. Migration and Development Brief
5.None of theseAnswer – 4. Migration and Development Brief
According to World Bank’s Migration and Development Brief; with the Indian diaspora sending 79$ billionback to their home country, India retained its position as the world’s top recipient of remittance in 2018. India was followed by remittances of:China: 67$ billion and Mexico: 36$ billion in top 3.
- India has met the revised fiscal deficit target of ________of gross domestic product in fiscal year 2018-2019.
5. None of theseAnswer – 2.3.4%
India has met the revised fiscal deficit target of 3.4% of gross domestic product in fiscal year 2018-2019. Target has been achieved by cuts in state spending and higher borrowings from small savings funds.Centre has missed the tax collections target by over 1 trillion rupees which includes around 500 billion rupees shortfall in income tax receipts.
- Who has been awarded under the Lifetime Contribution Award category in All India Management Association (AIMA) Managing India Awards 2019 at New Delhi?
1.Mahendra Mohan Gupta
2. Sanjiv Bajaj
3. Azim H Premji
4. Uday Shankar
5.None of theseAnswer – 3. Azim H Premji
The All India Management Association (AIMA) Managing India Awards 2019 was held on 8th April, 2019 at Durbar Hall, Hotel Taj Palace, New Delhi. Under Lifetime Contribution to Media category, Mahendra Mohan Gupta was awarded. He is the Chairman & Managing Director of Jagran Prakashan Ltd and Editorial Director of Dainik Jagran. The Lifetime Contribution Award was also awarded to Azim H Premji, Chairman, Wipro Limited.
- Name the SUN Group Chairman who had succeeded Jawahar Vadivelu to become a new President of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) – India.
2. Bikram Singh
4. Vikramjit Singh Sahney
5.None of theseAnswer – 4. Vikramjit Singh Sahney
On 8th April 2019, Vikramjit Singh Sahney,Chairman of SUN Group,elected as the President of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) – India.
Vikramjit Sing SahneyOn coming May ICC India going to conduct a Mega-Project in Paris. He will succeed Jawahar Vadivelu.
- Graham Reid appointed as Indian Men’s Hockey Team Chief Coach recently. He belongs to which country?
5. None of theseAnswer – 4. Australia
On 8th April 2019, former Australia Coach, Graham Reid was appointed as the Chief Coach of Indian men’s hockey team. Reid’s occupancy as the coach of Indian men’s hockey team is till the end of 2020.He, 54, is succeeding Harendra Singh,former Indian Hockey player.
- Which Indian Institution has tied up with General Electric to establish India’s first ‘Cold Spray’ SMART Lab?
1. IIT Kanpur
4. IIT Madras
5.None of theseAnswer – 4. IIT Madras
American conglomerate, General Electric in association with IIT Madras,established India’s first ‘Cold Spray’ SMART (Surface Modification and Additive Research Technologies) Laboratory in the institution.And thereby IIT-M became the only academic institution with High-Pressure Cold Spray(HPCS) facility in India.
- ‘Dream11’ became the India’s first gaming unicorn startup company. What is the term ‘Unicorn Company’ refers here?
1. Privately held startup company valued at over $1 billion
2. Privately held startup company valued at over 1 million
3. Privately held startup company valued at over $ 1 million
4. Privately held startup company valued at over 1 billion
5. None of theseAnswer – 1. Privately held startup company valued at over $1 billion
Dream11 has just become a Unicorn, that is a billion-dollar startup. Few exciting developments have made Dream11 to be the India’s first gaming startup to join the elite club of privately-held startups. The term “Unicorn” refers to the tech startups with the market valuation of $1 billion.
- Spain’s Garbine Muguruza won 11th edition of 2019 Monterrey Open title. Where was the 2019 Monterrey Open aka 2019 Abierto GNP Seguros held?
5. None of theseAnswer – 4. Mexico
The 2019 Monterrey Open aka 2019 Abierto GNP Seguros was the 11th edition of Monterrey Open, held at Monterrey in Mexico. It was a women’s tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. The prize money of the tournament was $250,000.
- Dave Bautista of USA has officially retired from __________.
4. Mixed Martial Arts
5. None of theseAnswer – 3. Wrestling
Dave Bautista has officially retired from wrestling aftermath of a defeat at the WWE’s (World Wrestling Entertainment) Wrestlemania event on 7th April, 2019. Dave Bautista was born on 18th January 1969 in Virginia, USA.
- On 8th April 2019, the Serbian Nadja Regin passed away at the age of 87.She belongs to which field?
4. Art Director
5.None of theseAnswer – 3. Actress
On 8th April 2019, the Serbian actress Nadja Regin passed away at the age of 87.
She appeared in two Bond films “From Russia with Love” and “Goldfinger,”. She wrote a novel, named ‘The Victims and the Fools’, which was published under her full name Nadja Poderegin.
- When was the International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Rwanda Genocide observed?
1. April 6
2. April 7
3. April 8
4. April 9
5. None of theseAnswer – 2. April 7
Since 2004, April 7 has been observed as the Day of Remembrance of the Victims of the Rwanda Genocide by United Nations (UN). The day commemorates the slaughter of 800,000 people (where Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed by members of the army, militias, and civilians of the Hutu community) for a period of 100 days during the 1994 genocide in Rwanda in central Africa.
- _________ Valour Day of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was observed on April 9 2019.
5.None of theseAnswer – 5.None of these (answer is 54th)
On 9th April 2019, 54th Valour Day of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was observed to Pay Tribute to Martyrs of police at the National Police Memorial in New Delhi. On this day, President Ram Nath Kovind launched Veer Parivar App for assistance to the next of kin of the CRPF martyrs.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- When was National Green Tribunal(NGT) established?2010
- Where is the headquarters of World Economic Forum located? Cologny, Switzerland.
- What is the Capital & Currency of UK?Capital – London & Currency – Pound Sterling
- Who is the CEO of HDFC Bank?Aditya Puri
- Anshi National Park is located in which state?Karnataka