Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 1 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Which yojana has been launched by Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Mr.Thaawarchand Gehlot,for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices to Senior Citizens belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category?
A.Deen Dayal Vayoshri Yojana
B.Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
C.Pradhan Mantri Vayoshri Yojana
D.Atal Vayoshri YojanaAnswer – B. Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
On 1st April 2017, Mr. Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment launched, first of its kind “Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana” in Nellore; Andhra Pradesh. This scheme has been launched for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices to Senior Citizens belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category who suffer from age related problems viz. hearing impairment, low vision, dental problems etc.
- Finance Ministry has notified the reduction in interest rates on Small Saving Schemes for April-June 2017 quarter by ____ % as compared to Jan-Mar 2017 quarter
D.0.25%Answer – A. 0.10%
This move is in line with the Govt.’s practice of recalibrating the rates on quarterly basis, which is being followed since April 2016. While announcing this revision in interest rates, Finance Ministry added that rates of small saving schemes would be aligned with government bond yields.
- Union Cabinet has approved signing of agreement for Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific (CIRDAP) establishment Centre in:
D.KochiAnswer – C. Hyderabad
The Agreement was signed between Indian Ministry of Rural Development and Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific (CIRDAP). The CIRDAP centre will be setup at National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR), Hyderabad.
- Which among the following will be the first towns to be connected by regional flight under UDAN Scheme, expected to be operational in April 2017?
A.Ludhiana and Shimla
B.Patiala and Shimla
C.Amritsar and Shimla
D.Bhatinda and ShimlaAnswer – D. Bhatinda and Shimla
The Civil Aviation Ministry has selected 27 proposals from 5 airlines to operate 128 routes across the country, connecting 31 unconnected airports. Bhatinda and Shimla will be the first towns to be connected, wherein the regional flight is expected to start operating from April 2017. Other small towns will be gradually connected by the end of September 2017.
- Pawan Hans, the National chopper operator will start chopper rides for ‘Dilli Darshan’ from April 1, 2017. A 10 minute chopper ride will cost Rs. _____ per person
A.Rs. 2499 per person
B.Rs.3499 per person
C.Rs. 4499 per person
D.Rs. 5499 per personAnswer – A.Rs. 2499 per person
Under this scheme, Pawan Hans will also offer a 20 minute helicopter ride for Rs 4999. The service is to be rolled out at its first heliport in North-Delhi’s Rohini area which was inaugurated by company’s Chairman and Managing Director, B P Sharma and Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju.
- Barmer-Munawab and Pipad Road-Bilara rail routes have been declared by North Western Railways as Green Corridors. These rail routes are in which state?
D.GujaratAnswer – B.Rajasthan
Indian railways has announced the 5 Green Corridors under which Barmer-Munawab and Pipad Road-Bilara rail routes in Rajasthan have been declared by North Western Railways as Green Corridors. This initiative is taken under “Swachh Rail- Swachh Bharat” mission. Manamadurai Rameswaram, Okha-Kanalus and Porbandar-Wasjaliya are the other three Green Corridors
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA) approved amendments to the New Urea Policy 2015 on March 31, 2017. The policy is effective from:
A.1st June 2015 31st May 2019
B.1st April 2015 31st March 2019
C.1st June 2015 31st March 2019
D.1st April 2015 31st May 2019Answer – C.1st June 2015 31st March 2019
As per the amendment, the ceiling rates imposed on production beyond re-assessed capacity (RAC) during 2016-17, has been raised so as to enable all urea units to produce additional production. This is implemented due to low import parity price.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)has approved the amendments in the Mega Power Policy 2009 on March 31, 2017. Which among the following states does NOT have a project under this policy?
A.Jammu & Kashmir
D.JharkhandAnswer – D.Jharkhand
The Mega Power Policy was unveiled in 2009 with an objective to increase power availability, to boost overall growth of the country and also to ensure that consumers are reasonably charged for electricity supplied. Total of 25 projects comes under this policy. States under these projects are Jammu and Kashmir, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
- Which among the following is a disputed territory involving Israel and Palestine?
D.North BankAnswer – A.West Bank
Israel government approved the establishment of a new settlement within West Bank for the first time in more than two decades on March 31, 2017. In addition, the government also laid the groundwork for further expansion and the law is intended to prevent future evacuations.
- Which Asian country has become the 7th formal member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)?
D.ThailandAnswer – B.Myanmar
The SASEC program of Asian Development Bank (ADB) was formed in 2001 as a response to the request made by Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal to assist their economic co-operations. Sri Lanka and Maldives joined the sub-regional group in 2014.
- On 1st April 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) celebrated its ______ establishment day
D.87thAnswer – C.82nd
Having commenced operations from 1st April 1935, India’s central bank, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) celebrated 82nd Establishment Day on 1st April 2017. Establishment of RBI was recommended by Hilton Young Commission to the then British Government. RBI functions in accordance with provisions laid out in Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- On March 31, 2017,which country made a commitment for providing Official Development Assistance (ODA) for Infrastructure projects in India?
D.JapanAnswer – D.Japan
Japan International Cooperation Agency-Official Development Assistance (JICA-ODA) has committed a total of 761.40 billion yen for two financial years 2015-16 and 2016-17. Out of this commitment, India is receiving its remaining 371.345 billion yen for 2016-17.
- Which private sector bank has collaborated with SBI Card to launch co-branded credit cards for its customers?
C.Karur Vysya Bank
D.IDFC BankAnswer – A. Karnataka Bank
As a result of this collaboration, two types of credit cards have been launched namely – Karnataka Bank Platinum SBI card and Karnataka Bank Simply SAVE SBI. The co-branded credit cards were launched by P Jayarama Bhat, MD and CEO of the Karnataka Bank and Vijay Jasuja, CEO, SBI Card.
- Which among the following atomic power projects is located in Tamil Nadu?
A.Tarapur Atomic Power Station
B.Narora Atomic Power Station
C.Kakrapar Atomic Power Station
D.Kundankulam Nuclear Power ProjectAnswer – D.Kundankulam Nuclear Power Project
On March 31, 2017, 1,000 MW Atomic Power Reactor has begun its 1 year period of warranty operation at Kundankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP) in Tamil Nadu. This was the 2nd unit to be successfully launched for commercial operation out of 4 units.
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)successfully crossed the 50 GigaWatt power generation capacity onApril 1, 2017. NTPC was incorporated in which year?
D.197Answer – D. 1975
This milestone was achieved after NTPC commissioned the 500 MW units at Unchahar in Uttar Pradesh. By this, total installed capacity of NTPC has increased to 50498 MW.
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA),the drug price regulator increased price of stents by around____ percent effective after taking into account the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) on April 1, 2017
A.8 per cent
D.2 percentAnswer – D.2 percent
In February 2017, the NPPA brought stents under price control and capped ceiling price of coronary stents at Rs 7260 for bare metal stent and Rs 29,600 for drug eluting stents. The corresponding average MRP’s before the price control stood at Rs 45100 and Rs 1.21 lakh, respectively.
- Who among the following has been selected for the US India Business Council(USIBC) award?
A.Vijay Rupani, Chief Minister of Gujarat
B.Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister of Maharashtra
C.N Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
D.Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister of BiharAnswer – C. N Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
The award is to be presented at the 2nd Annual West Coast Summit to be held in Menlo Park, California on May 8, 2017. The award is to be presented under the category, ‘Transformative Chief Minister’ of India by USIBC. Aruna Sundararajan would also receive ‘Transformative Leadership’ Award at the Summit.