Hello friends !!!!!
One of our reader Vikash Kumar has shared his success story with us. You can learn from his experience and keep hard working and hoping for the best.
Name– Vikash Kumar
Place – West Champaran Bihar
Education- PGDM in Marketing and HR and Post Graduate Diploma in English Journalism from IIMC, New Delhi.
Selection- PO in Canara Bank and SO (Marketing) in Union Bank of India.
Examinations I faced in the last one year:
- UPSC (2014)-Out from the final merit list
- LIC- Finally not selected
- NABARD- Out In Pre
- SIDBI- Out From The Final Merit List
- Andhra Bank, Syndicate Bank (PGDBF)- Out
- SSC CGL(2015)- Out From Merit List By Mere Four Marks
- Delhi Metro And Lucknow Metro (CRA)- OUT
- BOB PGDBF (2016)- Selected But Did Not Join
- SSC CGL(2016)- Waiting For Final Result
- Delhi Metro (2017)- Result Awaited
- UPSC, Enforcement Officer Exam- Result Awaited
- Coal India Ltd (Marketing And Sales), 2017- Got 149/200, Result Awaited
- IBPS PO- Got Selected In Canara Bank With 69.25 Marks In Mains And 68 In Interview
- IBPS SO (MARKETING)- Got Selected In Union Bank Of India With 58/80 In Written And 56 In Interview
I was never ever an aspirant of Banking Examinations on its contrary, I always toiled from pillar to post to become an I.A.S Officer but I found my dreams crumbled in the year 2015 when I was out from the final merit list. As, a middle class person, you know pressure starts mounting on you to get settle down and I was no different to experience that therefore, I decided to buckle down and go for banking exams.
- Prior to that, I worked for Times of India, DD News and The Nainital Bank Ltd but never got satisfaction so decided to move on.I am an audacious person and love to take risks in life sometimes it pays and sometimes backfires but I back my natural instincts to stick to that.
- My preparation started in October, 2015 and the first website I followed and still follow is Affairs Cloud. When I started, I could not solve even two statements syllogism questions but learned everything from AC.
- I lived with family so concentration was not there as per the requirement then I decided to take a separate room in August, 2016 and started studying 10 hours everyday without a miss.I failed in a lot of Exams but never lost calm and composer and more importantly, I never doubted my abilities.
Amid all these testing circumstances, my parents were also encouraging me and I never felt the scarcity of any necessities.
My Approach to tackle different subjects :
English- Well, This is my forte and therefore, I rely heavily on it to score big. I have never prepared for this subject apart from doing all the quizzes on AC and other websites as well as giving mock tests of Olive Board and Practice Mock.
GA and Computer- Again, I am very good at both of these sections because I have been giving two hours on it by reading and revising daily quizzes of AC, BA, GK TODAY,GRADE UP Plus contents of OB and PM.
Reasoning– My basics are strong and I focused more on logical section because of my better understanding of the language.I never solved or tried to solve any puzzle in Examination, apart from that I did all sorts of questions to score well.
Quantitative Aptitude- Here, I focused more on DI and made it my strong section, From Arithmetic section, I practiced percentage, ration and proportions, SI and CI, profit and Loss and Average. Apart from that, I solved simplification, inequality and series questions. Word problem questions were never ever my first priority to do.
- Everybody is unique in his/her way of preparations and has different stronghold on different subjects so it’s my earnest appeal to everybody that never ever try to copy anybody. Analyse your strengths and weaknesses and devise a strategy to tackle the threat of elimination in the examination.
- I advise you all to give one mock test everyday and improve your vocabulary because now a days, questions based on passage are flooded both in English and Reasoning section. I purchased so many books but hardly opened because plethora of study materials are available on internet.
In the end, I must say, that this is not the end of my journey, I still have my buring desire intact to crack UPSC so from now on wards,I will approach that without any job pressure.
I can’t forget to thank the entire team AC and all the aspirants who always encouraged me to do well with their sheer guidance from time to time. I will keep visiting this website and helping others in their journey of achieving Success.
We are happy that we could also become a part of your succcess journey. All the best Vikash from AC team team for your future. Keep rocking 🙂