AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which Centre/organization signed Letter of Intent (LoI) with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) to promote innovation in India.
1) Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
3) University Grants Commission (UGC)
4) All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
5) None of these
Answer-2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) have signed a letter of intent (LoI) to promote innovation in the country in the presence of Dr Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairperson, Niti Aayog, Shri Amitabh Kant, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Niti Aayog and Dr Shekhar C Mande, Director-General (DG) CSIR and other senior officials from both the organizations.
- “Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings” is the initiative of EESL along with which agency/organization?
1) New Zealand Agency for International Development(NZAID)
2) Japan International Cooperation Agency(JICA)
3) US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA)
4) United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
5) None of these
Answer-4) United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Under the Market Integration and Transformation Program for Energy Efficiency (MAITREE) Program, an announcement was made by the partnering of the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) to launch the “Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings” that will pave way for a greener and healthier workplace on the occasion of the World Environment Day (June 5).
- Which state/UT has launched India’s 1st “online waste management platform” recently.
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) West Bengal
5) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-5) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh(AP) Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched India’s 1st “online waste management platform” of Andhra Pradesh Environment Management Corporation(APEMC) on the occasion of World Environment Day to ensure 100% safe disposal of industrial toxic wastes. The State Department of Environmental Management, APEMC, will take over responsibility of the online platform.
- Union government has announced no new schemes will be launched till ______.
1) January 1, 2021
2) June 30, 2021
3) December 31, 2021
4) August 31, 2021
5) March 31, 2021
Answer-5) March 31, 2021
The Union Finance Ministry has asked all ministries and departments to not initiate any new scheme in the current financial year as there is a need to use resources prudently in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. Only funds for schemes under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package, the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan package and any other special package or announcement would be allocated, according to an office memorandum by the Department of Expenditure under the Finance Ministry. Any scheme that has already been approved for the current financial year, including those schemes for which in-principle approval has been given, will remain suspended till March 31, 2021 or further orders.
- The US International Development Finance Corporation (USIDFC) is planning to invest ______ (in USD) in Indian firms.
1) 350 million
2) 500 million
3) 250 million
4) 100 million
5) 150 million
Answer-1) 350 million
To support multiple projects in India, The US International Development Finance Corporation (USIDFC) is planning to invest 350 million USD in sectors of finance, health infrastructure, renewable energy and food security space also look to empower smallholder dairy farmers, generate solar power increase access to education. It is one of the largest approvals made by the Board of Directors.
- NABARD provided Rs. 270 crores as the Special Liquidity Facility (SLF) to which bank?
1) Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank
2) Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
3) Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
4) Central Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank
5) Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank
Answer-2) Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) provided Rs 270 crore Special Liquidity Facility(SLF) to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic to support the agricultural activities of the farmers. This support & separate line of credit will enable to intensify farmers crop production.
- ISRO has signed MoU with which institute for cooperation in Space Situational Awareness, Astrophysics?
For the cooperation in the Field of Space Situational Awareness(SSA) and Astrophysics, The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Bengaluru signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Aryabhatta Research institute of Observational Science (ARIES), Nainital.
- Who has been appointed as the UNADAP’s ‘Goodwill Ambassador to the Poor’?
The United Nations Association for Development and Peace(UNADAP) appointed 13-year-old Madurai girl Nethra as its ‘Goodwill Ambassador to the Poor’ as she persuaded her father C. Mohan, a salon owner who spent his savings Rs 5 lakhs for his daughter’s education. Also, helping with essentials to nearly 1,500 families despite his salon being closed for 2months as part of COVID-19 lockdown with no other income during the period.
- The G7 Summit 2020 which was postponed to September/November 2020 will be hosted by which country?
3) United States
Answer-3) United States
US President Donald Trump has suggested to expand the G7 (Group of Seven), which is an outdated group and he proposed to add India, Australia, South Korea and Russia to be included into the group naming it as G10 or G11. He also postponed the next meeting of the G7 to September or November which will be hosted by US.
- Name the person who heads the task force formulated by GoI to examine matters pertaining to age of motherhood, and related issues.
1) Najma Akhtar
2) Vasudha Kamath
3) Vinod Paul
4) Jaya Jaitly
5) Dipti Shah
Answer-4) Jaya Jaitly
Central Government of India has formulated a task force to examine matters pertaining to age of motherhood, imperatives of lowering MMR, improvement of nutritional levels and related issues. It will be headed by Ms. Jaya Jaitly. The Task Force will be provided secretarial assistance by the NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog and will submit its report by 31st July, 2020.
- Which company planned to buy additional 0.93% stake (1.15% stake bought earlier) in Jio platforms recently?
2) Silver Lake
3) Vista Equity Partners
4) General Atlantic
Answer-2) Silver Lake
Following the investment of Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala Investment Company in Reliance’s Jio Platforms, US (United States) private equity company Silver Lake partners announced an investment of Rs 4,546.80 crore for an additional 0.93 % stake in Jio Platforms, a subsidiary of Asia’s richest man Mukesh Ambani-controlled Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL).
- Which organization/Centre developed the “Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19” booklet along with UNESCO to raise awareness to students and teachers about online safety?
1) National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
2) National Book Trust (NBT)
3) Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
4) National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
5) Educational Consultants (India) Limited (EdCIL)
Answer-4) National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
Union Minister for Human Resource Development (HRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched information booklet “Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19” digitally to raise awareness to students and teachers about online safety & ensure timely action in cases of cyberbullying in New Delhi. The booklet is developed by The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) New Delhi Office.
- Which data sharing website was blocked by Government of India recently?
2) Firefox Send
The government has ordered internet service providers to block the computer file-sharing website WeTransfer due to security reasons. The order issued by the Department of Telecom on May 18 directed all ISP to block two download links on the Dutch website WeTransfer and also the entire website www.wetransfer.com.
- What is the amount that was allocated for the Jal Shakti mission in Budget 2020?
1) 11,500 Cr
2) 10,000 Cr
3) 10,500 Cr
4) 12,000 Cr
5) 12,500 Cr
Answer-1) 11,500 Cr
Government approves Rs 11,500 cr for Jal Jeevan Mission for FY21. The government has approved a budgetary allocation of Rs 11,500 crore for Jal Jeevan Mission for the year 2020-21.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the storm which hits El Salvador and Guatemala recently.
Rains from Tropical Storm Amanda left at least 17 dead and seven missing while causing extensive damage across El Salvador and Guatemala that pushed thousands of people into shelters amid the coronavirus pandemic. EL Salvador Interior Minister Mario Durán said Monday some 7,000 people were scattered across 154 shelters. He said a quarter of the rain that the country normally receives in a year fell in 70 hours.
- Sri Venkateswara National Park is located in which state?
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-3) Andhra Pradesh
Sri Venkateshwara National Park is a national park and biosphere reserve in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Who is the president of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)?
1) Finance Minister
2) Prime Minister
3) Science Minister
4) Home Minister
5) Environment Minister
Answer-2) Prime Minister
Prime Minister of India will hold the post of president of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research.
- Where is Aryabhatta Research institute of Observational Science (ARIES) located?
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences is a leading research institute in Nainital, Uttarakhand which specializes in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Atmospheric Sciences.
- Where is the HQ of NABARD located?
3) New Delhi
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has its head office at Mumbai, India.