AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The “#iCommit” initiative launched on the occasion of world environment day June 5 is headed by which public sector company?
1) State Express Transport Corporation(SETC)
2) United Electrical Industries Limited(UEIL)
3) Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL)
4) Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd(HECL)
5) None of these
Answer-3) Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL)
As a part of World Environment Day (WED) celebrations, Minister of State (IC) (Power, New & Renewable Energy) Raj Kumar Singh has initiated the “#iCommit initiative” for building an energy resilient future. This initiative is headed by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of the Ministry of Power.
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari, has launched the ‘Prevention of Human and Animal Mortality on Highways’. The campaign is initiative of which world organization?
1) World Bank (WB)
2) International Labour Organization (ILO)
3) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
4) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer-4) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
On the occasion of World Environment Day (June 05, 2020), Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) Shri Nitin Gadkari has launched the UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) national awareness campaign on ‘Prevention of Human and Animal Mortality on Highways’ through a video conference with the aim to reduce or eliminate cases of death on the roads.
- Which India state has highest number of tiger population in the country as per National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA)?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-2) Madhya Pradesh
In accordance with the official data provided by National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) as a reply to RTI (right to information) query, 750 tigers have died in the country in the last eight years i.e. between 2012 and 2019 due to poaching and other causes. The state of Madhya Pradesh has topped these figures with highest causalities at 173. 38 were due to poaching, 94 natural deaths, 19 under scrutiny, six due to the unnatural causes and 16 seizures. Notably, Madhya Pradesh has the highest number of 526 tigers in the country.
- Which city was included in Delhi-Katra expressway which is part of Bharatmala Pariyojana?
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari accepted the Punjab state government’s demand for including Amritsar in an expressway project that will connect Delhi and Katra, Jammu & Kashmir. In this regard, a Greenfield connectivity will be developed in Punjab stretch of Delhi-Amritsar-Katra expressway to Amritsar City from Nakodar in Jalandhar (Punjab) via five historic towns of Sultanpur Lodhi, Goindwal Sahib, Khadoor Sahib and Tarn Taran.
- DPIIT has revised public procurement order to encourage ‘Make in India’ initiative recently. The DPIIT functions under which ministry?
1) Rural Development ministry
2) Home Affairs ministry
3) Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries ministry
4) Commerce and Industry ministry
5) Road Transport and Highways ministry
Answer-4) Commerce and Industry ministry
To encourage the Make in India initiative and to increase the income and employment generation the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) revised the public procurement order,2017 on 29th May 2019. The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is a central government department under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Which state/UT government has proposed Dinkar yojana in the state/UT budget?
4) West Bengal
5) New Delhi
Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister Nitin Patel presented a Rs 2,17,287 crore budget for the financial year 2020-21, which is higher by Rs 12,472 crore over the previous Budget in 2019-20. Dinkar scheme announced a to provide electricity supply during the day time for irrigation for next 3 years.
- Name the public sector bank which has created separate vertical for Financial Inclusion and Micro Market (FI&MM) recently (The Division was headed by Sanjeev Nautiyal).
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Indian Overseas Bank
3) Allahabad Bank
4) EXIM Bank
5) State Bank of India
Answer-5) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) has created a separate Financial Inclusion and Micro Market (FI&MM) vertical within the bank with an exclusive focus to provide financial services to people engaged in agriculture and allied activities and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). The new wing will be headed by deputy managing director (DMD) of the bank Sanjeev Nautiyal at the national level.
- Who was appointed as the 1st ever brand ambassador of IIFL Finance?
1) Rohit Sharma
2) MS Dhoni
3) KL Rahul
4) Ajinkya Rahane
5) Virat Kohli
Answer-1) Rohit Sharma
R. Venkataraman, Managing Director and Co-Promoter of IIFL Group announced that the Vice-Captain of Indian Cricket Team, Rohit Sharma signed and became the first brand ambassador of the IIFL Finance.
- Name the person who was appointed as the 1st Indian origin Chair of BAFTA.
1) Jyoti Prasad Agarwala
2) Dasari Ramathilakam
3) Vemuri Gaggaiah
4) Ardeshir Irani
5) Krishnendu Majumdar
Answer-5) Krishnendu Majumdar
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts(BAFTA) appointed Emmy-winning television producer of ‘Hoff The Record’ Krishnendu Majumdar as its chairperson for the next 3 years. He becomes the 1st Indian origin Chair from the United Kingdom (UK) in its 73 year-long history & is also the youngest chair in 35 years. He succeeds Pippa Harris who will continue as a deputy chairperson.
- Find the airport which received Platinum Recognition (under 15-35 MPPA) in ACI Asia-Pacific Green Airports recognition 2020.
1) Indira Gandhi International Airport
2) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
3) Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport
4) Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport
5) Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport
Answer-3) Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport
World Environment Day, In Asia-Pacific Annual Green Airport Recognition 2020 Airports Council International (ACI) awarded the highest Platinum Recognition to GMR led Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport (RGHIA) for their effective water management under the 15-35 Million Passengers per annum (MPPA) category.
- Army commanders conference 2020 was conducted at which state/UT?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) New Delhi
Answer-5) New Delhi
The Army Commanders’ Conference, an apex level biannual event’s First phase of the Conference was conducted at South Block, New Delhi from 27 to 29 May 2020, which facilitates conceptual level deliberations culminating in important policy decisions. The second phase of the conference scheduled from 24 to 27 June 2020.
- When was world pest day observed annually?
1) March 18
2) April 12
3) May 24
4) June 6
5) July 30
Answer-4) June 6
World Pest Day or World Pest Awareness Day is celebrated every year on June 6 to raise awareness of how pest management helps preserve the quality of life.
- UN Russian Language Day was celebrated every year on _______.
1) June 6
2) June 7
3) June 8
4) June 9
5) June 10
Answer-1) June 6
June 6th is annually celebrated as the Russian Language Day by the United Nation(UN) to promote and support Multilingualism and cultural diversity and to celebrate the birthday of the famous Russian poet Alexander Puskin who was born on 6th June 1799. The First UN Russian Language Day was celebrated in 2010.
- The International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated fishing was observed on June 5 annually since which year?
June 5th is annually observed as the International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated(IUU) fishing to ensure the sustainability of the fisheries to stop the illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing activities. The first International Day for the fight against IUU fishing was observed in 2018.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which country is going to host 2022 FIFA World Cup?
Qatar is set to inaugurate a third football stadium completed for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Who is the current chairperson of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA)?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Pralhad Joshi
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Smriti Irani
5) Pralhad Singh Patel
Answer-1) Prakash Javadekar
The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) was established in December 2005. Environment Minister is the Chairman of the NTCA. The present Environment minister is Prakash Javadekar.
- Who headed the ‘Comprehensive Financial Services for Small Businesses and Low-Income Households’ committee which recommended horizontal and vertical banking system?
1) Tapan Roy
2) Raghuram Rajan
3) Arvind Subramanian
4) Nachiket Mor
5) Usha Thorat
Answer-4) Nachiket Mor
As we know that RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has been promoting financial inclusion under the two pronged system namely- Horizontally Differentiated Banking System (HDBS) and Vertically Differentiated Banking System (VDBS) as per the recommendations of the committee on ‘Comprehensive Financial Services for Small Businesses and Low-Income Households’ headed by Shri Nachiket Mor.
- Where is the HQ of BAFTA located?
1) New Delhi
The HQ of BAFTA is located at London, United Kingdom.
- Kanha Tiger reserve is in which state?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-2) Madhya Pradesh
Kanha National Park located in the madla/ balaghat districts of Madhya Pradesh is the finest tiger reserve of India.