AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which state received the 1st inland shipping cargo from Bangladesh under Protocol for Inland Water Trade & Transit (PIWTT)?
1) West Bengal
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) MeghalayaAnswer-4) Tripura
The Daukandi (Bangladesh) – Sonamura (Tripura) Inland Waterway Protocol route has been operationalized giving further boost to bilateral trade between India-Bangladesh relations under Protocol for Inland Water Trade & Transit (PIWTT). This is the first ever export consignment from Bangladesh to Tripura through the inland waterways. In the last one year, approx. 3.5 MMT (Million Metric Tonnes) of cargo was transported between India and Bangladesh on the protocol routes.
- ‘The Young Minds’, the first children’s newspaper was launched in which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) West Bengal
5) PunjabAnswer-3) Assam
The first children’s newspaper ‘The Young Minds’ has been launched in Assam, an initiative by Guwahati-based duo Neelam Sethia and Neha Bajaj.
- The Reserve Bank of India has increased the Held to Maturity (HTM) limit or the amount that banks invest in G-secs from 19.5% to ________.
5) 24.5%Answer-1) 22%
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced measures in order to ensure orderly market conditions and congenial financial conditions. In this regard Reserve Bank will conduct additional special open market operations (OMO) involving the simultaneous purchase and sale of Government securities (G-secs) for Rs 20,000 crore in two tranches of Rs 10,000 crore each on September 10, 2020 and September 17, 2020. The apex bank also announced term repo operations of Rs 100,000 crore (1 trillion) to infuse liquidity into the market. The Reserve Bank also increased the held to maturity limit (HTM) or the amount that banks invest in G-secs from 19.5% to 22%. Therefore, banks can hold fresh acquisitions of SLR (Statutory Liquidity Ratio) securities acquired from September 1, 2020 under HTM up to an overall limit of 22% of net demand and time liabilities (NDTL) up to March 31, 2021.
- As per the revised Priority Sector Lending (PSL) guidelines released by RBI, the loan limit was doubled for which sector?
1) Renewable Energy
2) Health Infrastructure
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reviewed the Priority Sector Lending (PSL) Guidelines to align it with emerging national priorities amid COVID-19 impact. In this regard, new categories are included under priority sector for financing viz. start-ups (up to Rs 50 crore); loans to farmers for installation of solar power plants for solarisation of grid connected agriculture pumps and loans for setting up Compressed Bio Gas (CBG) plants. Loan limits for renewable energy have been doubled. For improvement of health infrastructure, credit limit for health infrastructure (including those under ‘Ayushman Bharat’) has also been doubled.
- Which fintech company’s subsidiary LazyPay launched a first of its kind digital credit card named ‘LazyUPI’?
5) LendingKartAnswer-4) PayU
LazyPay, a part of PayU Finance has launched ‘LazyUPI’, a first of its kind digital credit card that combines Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and the Buy-Now-Pay-Later concept. The offering allows the users to access the real-time credit using UPI across omni-channel networks, which includes offline merchants and e-commerce platforms.
- Which private sector bank in partnership with Empays Payment Systems launched a cardless cash withdrawal facility from ATMs through the Instant Money Transfer (IMT) system?
1) Yes Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-2) RBL Bank
In order to expand RBL Bank’s suite of contactless banking services, it has launched a cardless cash withdrawal facility from Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), through the Instant Money Transfer (IMT) system in partnership with Empays Payment Systems India Pvt Ltd. This service enables the customers of the RBL Bank to withdraw cash without their debit cards from 389 IMT-enabled bank’s ATMs or more than 40,000 other bank ATMs across the country.
- Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC) requested RBI to review new current account rules recently. Where is the HQ of FIDC located?
3) New Delhi
5) MumbaiAnswer-5) Mumbai
The umbrella body for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs), Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC) requested the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to review the current account circular dated August 6, 2020 which stated that no bank is allowed to open current accounts for the customer who availed credit facilities in the form of cash and credit (CC) or overdraft (OD) from the banking system. FIDC Headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. On August 6, 2020, RBI issued revised guidelines for banks for opening current accounts in order to maintain discipline among the borrowers. As per the latest RBI guidelines, a bank opening a dedicated current account of any company with Rs 50 crore or more in debt must have at least 10 per cent loan exposure in the concerned business entity. Most foreign banks manage current accounts of corporate without providing any loan to them.
- Name the company which signed MoU with India-Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre (ISIC).
4) Kribs Bionest
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) C-CAMP
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre (ISIC) to identify and find innovations to make quality healthcare affordable and accessible for all. The Collaboration is aimed at building a strong crop of biopharmaceuticals, medtech, diagnostics, nutraceuticals and other healthcare interventions in India.
- Find the person who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company.
1) Aditya Roy Kapur
2) Raj Kumar
3) Ayushmann Khurrana
4) Parineeti Chopra
5) Swara BhaskarAnswer-3) Ayushmann Khurrana
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited appointed Bollywood Actor Ayushmann Khurrana as its brand ambassador to promote its products and digital services across offline and online mediums. He will feature in the life insurer’s next campaign, ‘Smart Living’, which includes its term plan, Smart Protect Goal and the new digital service, Smart Assist.
- Who has been appointed as the first cricket ambassador of SBOTOP?
1) Virat Kohli
2) Chris Gayle
3) MS Dhoni
4) Dale Steyn
5) Dwayne BravoAnswer-5) Dwayne Bravo
Celton Manx, Isle of Man betting group confirmed the appointment of Dwayne Bravo, West Indies cricketer as the first Cricket Ambassador of SBOTOP, the flagship sportsbook brand of Celton Manx.
- Which edition of Mekong Ganga Cooperation (MGC) Senior Officials Meeting was held in September 2020?
5) 1stAnswer-2) 12th
12th Mekong Ganga Cooperation (MGC) Senior Officials Meeting took place virtually, the key areas of cooperation tourism, culture, education, transport and communications were discussed and reviewed during the meeting. The meeting was attended by Senior Officials from all 6 MGC Member States (India, Cambodia, Lao PDR (People’s Democratic Republic), Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam). It was co-chaired by Vijay Thakur Singh, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs and Mr. Sok Soken, Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Cambodia.
- Which country hosted the virtual G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting (September 2020)?
1) South Korea
3) South Africa
5) Saudi ArabiaAnswer-5) Saudi Arabia
As a part of Sherpa Track for the G20 Leaders Summit 2020, which will be held at the end of 2020, the current chair of G20 (group of twenty) i.e. Saudi Arabia hosted the virtual G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting from Riyadh (Capital of Saudi Arabia) which was focused upon cross-border movement and strengthening international cooperation across borders amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The meet was chaired by Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Prince Faisal Bin Farhan Al-Saud where Indian side was represented by Union Minister Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Chakr Innovation, the incubated start-up of ‘which’ IIT has launched decontamination device named “Chakr DeCoV” to decontaminate the N95 masks?
1) IIT Patna
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Delhi
4) IIT Ropar
5) IIT GandhinagarAnswer-3) IIT Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi incubated startup Chakr Innovation launched an Ozone based decontamination device named “Chakr DeCoV” to decontaminate the N95 masks and reuse upto 10 times. Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State(MoS) for Health and Family Welfare launched the device over a virtual platform. The device was developed by the Chakr Innovation team led by Tushar Batham with the guidance of researchers and professors of IIT Delhi.
- LIGO and VIRGO detected the collision of ‘Impossible’ black holes for 1st time recently. The research was published in which journal?
1) Astrophysical Journal Letters
2) The Social Science Journal
3) The Journal of Space
4) Journal of Proteomics
5) None of the AboveAnswer-1) Astrophysical Journal Letters
The Collision of ‘Impossible’ Black Holes was detected and directly observed by the Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Laboratory (LIGO) Scientific Collaboration and the Virgo Collaboration also known as LVC (LIGO Scientific Collaboration and Virgo Collaboration), which includes scientists from the Australian National University (ANU). 2 scientific papers about the discovery of the black hole and its astrophysical implications have been published in Physical Review Letters and Astrophysical Journal Letters respectively.
- Panneerselvam Iniyan who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Chess
Indian Grandmaster Panneerselvam Iniyan won the 48th Annual World Open Chess Tournament via online with 7.5 points from nine games. The World Open Chess Tournament is organized by Continental Chess Association. It was held from August 7-9, 2020 in online mode following classical time control. The tournament is usually held in Philadelphia, New York in the United States, this time it was conducted virtually due to the ongoing pandemic.
- Name the organization which released the publication named “The Little Book of Green Nudges”.
1) United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
2) International Labour Organization (ILO)
3) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
4) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)Answer-1) United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
On September 1, 2020, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) launched a new publication, “The Little Book of Green Nudges”, to inspire students around the globe to adopt environmentally friendly habits and greener lifestyles. The Book was drafted by The Behavioural Insights Team and GRID-Arendal.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Invertonomics”?
1) Goonmeet Singh Chauhan
2) Amartya Sen
3) Joseph E Stiglitz
4) Nandan Nilekani
5) Katherine FrankAnswer-1) Goonmeet Singh Chauhan
Goonmeet Singh Chauhan’s new book “Invertonomics: 8 ideas to transform India” presents practical ideas and models to solve the 8 specific fundamental problems of India like, Social inequality, Air pollution, Cleanliness, Safer Cities, Women empowerment and rural economy deteriorating etc. It was published by published by HarperCollins India. In this book, Goonmeet coined a methodology “Invertonomics”, a model that invert problems into economic opportunities.
- Who has written the biography of Sheela Ambalal Patel named ‘Nothing to Lose’?
1) Mukul Kesavan
2) Subhash Chandran
3) Anand Pandian
4) Anand Sheela
5) Manbeena SandhuAnswer-5) Manbeena Sandhu
2 books on Sheela Birnstiel (Other Name- Sheela Ambalal Patel, popularly called as Ma Anand Sheela), namely ‘Nothing to Lose’, an authorized biography by Manbeena Sandhu, which portrays the woman behind the strong persona and her Memoir, ‘My Story in My Own Words’ to be published in October and November respectively. ‘Nothing to Lose’- Harper Collins, India ‘My Story in My Own Words’- Penguin Random House.
- Name the union minister of Education in India who launched the first of its kind app named “EnglishPro” developed by English and Foregin Languages University.
1) Amit Shah
2) Narendra Modi
3) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) Nitin GadkariAnswer-3) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Education launched a free mobile app “EnglishPro” to develop Indian English Pronunciation in the unique “Indian” way in Hyderabad over a virtual platform. It was developed by the Central University, English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU) under the University Social Responsibility (USR) programme. This is the first initiative by any university in India.
- Which state government has launched the app named ‘I Rakhwali’ to make citizens ‘Greenery Saviours’?
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer-2) Punjab
Punjab State Minister for Department of Forest & Wildlife & Preservation Sadhu Singh Dharmsot launched ‘I Rakhwali’ application. The app was launched to safeguard the forest areas in the state by making common citizens as stakeholders in the process. It will help citizens to become ‘Greenery Saviours’.
- Which app was declared India’s 2nd best app in health category?
4) My Diet
5) MyFitnessPalAnswer-3) iMumz
Two alumni of IIT-BHU Ravi Teja and Mayur Dhurpate have developed iMumz app, which was declared the country’s second best app in health category in the prestigious ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge’.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Sun Temple at Konark is located in which state?
4) West Bengal
5) TelanganaAnswer-2) Odisha
The Konark Sun Temple is a 13th-century Sun Temple (also known as the “Black Pagoda”), at Konark, in Odisha. Odisha Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday approved the promulgation of “The Odisha Universities (Amendment) Ordinance 2020” to amend the Odisha Universities Act 1989.
- Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?
1) Himachal Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
A rare albino sambar deer has been spotted in the Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh, said Divisional Forest Officer PK Verma. As per reports, a solo albino sambar deer was spotted in Navegaon National Park in Gondia in Maharashtra.
- Manas Wild Life Sanctuary is located in which state?
5) KeralaAnswer-1) Assam
The Assam Assembly, on September 2, 2020, passed ‘The Assam Heritage (tangible) Protection, Preservation, Conservation and Maintenance Bill-2020’. The targeted sites and items must have been in existence for not less than 75 years. The list includes religious institutions like the xattras, monasteries, stupas, naamghars, mosques, dargahs, churches, besides social and cultural institutions. It will also shield habitation structures having traditional architecture, heritage sites, heritage building structures, monuments, precincts areas or sites, artifacts, sculptures, paintings, handicrafts, and manuscripts as well. The manas wild life sanctuary is located in Assam.
- How many countries were part of Mekong-Ganga Cooperation (MGC)?
5) 9Answer-3) 6
The MGC was launched in the year 2000 at Vientiane, Lao PDR. It is an initiative by six countries – India and Five ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) countries (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam). The main areas of cooperation between MGC are tourism, culture, education, transport and communications.
- The English and Foregin Languages University (EFLU) is located in which city?
5) PatnaAnswer-3) Hyderabad
The English and Foreign Languages University known as EFLU is a university for English and foreign languages located in Hyderabad, India.