AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In June 2021, the Defence Ministry signed a procurement agreement for 11 Airport Surveillance Radars with which organisation?
1) Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd
2) Mahindra Telephonics Integrated Systems Ltd
3) Astra Microwave Products Ltd
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
5) Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems Ltd
Answer- 2) Mahindra Telephonics Integrated Systems Ltd
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a Rs 323.47 crore worth contract with Mahindra Telephonics Integrated Systems Limited for procurement of 11 Airport Surveillance Radars for the use of Indian Navy & Indian Coast Guard.
11 radars will be developed under the “Buy and Make” category
- Global Unemployment rate is estimated to be at _____ in 2022, according to the “World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2021 (WESO Trends 2021)” report released by _______________________.
1) 6.3%; World Trade Organization
2) 5.7%; International Labour Organization
3) 5.7%; World Trade Organization
4) 6.3%; International Monetary Fund
5) 6.3%; International Labour Organization
Answer-2) 5.7%; International Labour Organization
The International Labour Organisation(ILO) released a report titled “World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2021 (WESO Trends 2021)” stating global unemployment rate will be 5.7% in 2022, 6.3% in 2021 & there will be no recovery in global jobs until 2023.
Director-General – Guy Ryder
Headquarter – Genèva, Switzerland
- Which bank (in June’21) launched an exclusive Non-Resident Savings Account for Seafarers?
1) Federal Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) South Indian Bank
4) Karur Vysya Bank
5) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer-1) Federal Bank
Federal Bank has launched an exclusive NR(Non Resident) savings account scheme for the seafarer (Mariners) segment.
About Federal Bank:
MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
- Rs. 254 Crores were sanctioned to ______________ for setting up 2-Mega piped drinking water supply projects, under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RFID) of ___________.
1) Odisha; SIDBI
2) Karnataka; NABARD
3) Maharashtra; SIDBI
4) Maharashtra; IDFC First Bank
5) Odisha; NABARD
Answer-5) Odisha; NABARD
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned a Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) of Rs 254 crore for setting up two mega piped drinking water supply projects in Odisha.
Established – 12 July 1982
Chairman– Govinda Rajulu Chintala
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- In June 2021, SEBI signed an MoU with Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) for bilateral cooperation in securities regulation. CSSF is the financial regulator of which country?
SEBI and the Luxembourg Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) signed a bilateral MoU to strengthen cross border cooperation in the area of securities regulation.
- ___________ won 2021’s International Booker Prize for the book titled _________________
1) Éric Vuillard; The War of the Poor
2) Olga Ravn; The Employees
3) Maria Stepanova; In Memory of Memory
4) Mariana Enríquez; The Dangers of Smoking in Bed
5) David Diop; At Night All Blood is Black
Answer-5) David Diop; At Night All Blood is Black
French novelist David Diop won the International Booker Prize 2021 for “At Night All Blood Is Black”, the English translation of the French Book titled “Frere d’ame”. David Diop became the first French writer to win the Award. The Booker Prize Foundation presents the International Booker Prize.
- In June 2021, Patrick Amoth was appointed as the Chairman of WHO Executive Board. Patrick Amoth belongs to which country?
Dr Patrick Amoth of Kenya has been appointed as the Chairman of WHO Executive Board, for a period of one year. He succeeds Dr Harsh Vardhan, who completed his tenure as Chairman of WHO Executive Board on June 02, 2021.
Director General: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
Founded: 7 April 1948
- Who became (in June’21) the new Director General of Assam Rifles?
1) Pradeep Chandran Nair
2) Kuldiep Singh
3) Sukhdeep Sangwan
4) S S Deswal
5) M A Ganapathy
Answer-1) Pradeep Chandran Nair
Lieutenant General (Lt Gen) Pradeep Chandran Nair took over as the 21st Director General(DG) of Assam Rifles(AR), India’s oldest paramilitary force at the DGAR headquarters at Shillong, Meghalaya. The Assam Rifles were popularly known as Sentinels of the North-East.
- ________ announced plans of 2-new missions DAVINCI+ and VERITAS to conduct study on ___________.
1) SpaceX; Venus
2) CNSA; Mars
3) NASA; Jupitor
4) SapceX; Mars
5) NASA; Venus
Answer-5) NASA; Venus
NASA plans to implement two new missions DAVINCI+ and VERITAS to Venus. Both missions will be expected to launch between 2028-2030.
New Zealand became the 11th signatory to the Artemis Agreement with NASA.
DAVINCI+ (Deep Atmosphere Venus Investigation of Noble gases, Chemistry, and Imaging) – Measure the composition of Venus’ atmosphere to understand how it formed and evolved
VERITAS (Venus Emissivity, Radio Science, InSAR, Topography, and Spectroscopy) – Map surface of Venus to determine its geologic history
- In June 2021, Padma Vibhushan awardee Anerood Jugnauth passed away. Previously, he served as the Prime Minister of Which country?
The Former President and Prime Minister of Mauritius, Padma Vibhushan awardee Anerood Jugnauth passed away.
i.Anerood Jugnauth was honoured with Padma Vibhusan in 2020 by the Government of India