AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Inaugurations made (in Dec’21) by PM Narendra Modi in Uttar Pradesh (UP)?
A) PM inaugurated a 9 km long priority section of Corridor-1 of the Kanpur metro rail project from IIT Kanpur to Moti Jheel.
B) He also inaugurated the 90 Km long Kanpur Multi Product Pipeline Project which will link Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh.
C) PM launched blockchain-based degree transfer technology for digital degrees under the National Blockchain Project in the 54th Convocation of IIT Kanpur.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-5) Only A & C
PM inaugurated a 9 km long priority section of Corridor-1 of the Kanpur metro rail project from IIT Kanpur to Moti Jheel.
i. He also inaugurated the 356 Km long Bina-Panki Multi Product Pipeline Project which will link the Madhya Pradesh & Uttar Pradesh. It will be Operated by BPCL.
ii. PM launched blockchain-based degree transfer technology for digital degrees under the National Blockchain Project in the 54th Convocation of IIT Kanpur.
Note- The entire length of the Metro Rail Project in Kanpur is ~32 Km having 2 corridors of which 13 km will be underground. It will have 30 stations in Kanpur.
• Bina-Panki Multi Product Pipeline Project will be operated by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL).
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the ‘Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India 2020-21’ that was released by RBI in December 2021?
A) Co-operative Banks remained robust in COVID, due to the increase in deposit insurance from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh under co-operative depositors’ coverage.
B) Gross NPA ratio of Scheduled Commercial Banks decreased from 8.2 percent at the end of March 2020 to 6.9 percent at the end of September 2021.
C) The share of Restructured Advances has increased from 0.4 % at end-March 2020 to 1.8 % at end September 2021 which was due to the restructuring scheme 2.0 for Retail loans & MSME.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
The report was released by the RBI which shows the performance of the banking sector, including co-operative banks & NBFCs during FY21-22 (till December 2021).
i. The gross non-performing assets (GNPA) ratio of Scheduled Commercial Banks decreased from 8.2 percent at the end of March 2020 to 6.9 percent at the end of September 2021.
ii. The share of Restructured Advances has increased from 0.4 percent at end-March 2020 to 1.8 percent at end September 2021 which was due to the restructuring scheme 2.0 for Retail loans & MSME.
- SEBI approved the Alternative Investment Funds, Regulations, 2012, to introduce Special Situation Funds (SSF) that invest in ____________ & also fixed the minimum investment by an investor to ___________.
1) Stressed Assets; 10 crore
2) International Stocks; 10 crore
3) International Stocks; 5 crore
4) Stressed Assets; 50 crore
5) International Stocks; 50 croreAnswer-1) Stressed Assets; 10 crore
The Board approved amendment to SEBI (Alternative Investment Funds) Regulations, 2012, to introduce Special Situation Funds (SSF), a sub-category under Category I AIF, which will invest only in stressed assets.
i. Minimum investment by an investor is Rs 10 crore and Rs 5 crore in case of an accredited investor & Minimum corpus of Rs 100 crore
- Which Bank recently (in Dec’21) partnered with NPCI to Launch ‘RuPay Debit Card’ for Corporates?
1) Bank of Maharashtra
2) Central Bank of India
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Indian Bank
5) Bank of BarodaAnswer-2) Central Bank of India
Central Bank of India has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch ‘RuPay Business Platinum Debit Card’ for corporates.
i. Domestic – The card offers an ATM withdrawal limit of Rs.1 lakh along with a purchase of up to Rs.3 Lakh at Point on Sale (POS) or E-Commerce.
ii. International – The card users can also withdraw up to Rs. 75,000 at ATMs abroad and perform purchases globally worth up to Rs. 3 Lakh at Point On Sale (POS) or E-Commerce and international online merchants.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
CEO & MD – Dilip Asbe
Established – 2008
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- In December 2021, RBI extended the restrictions for Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank from 1st January 2022 to__________.
1) 31st August, 2022
2) 30th July, 2022
3) 30th April, 2022
4) 1st September, 2022
5) 31st March, 2022Answer- 5) 31st March, 2022
RBI extended the restrictions for Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank for another three months from January 1 2022 to March 31 2022.
i. In exercise of the powers conferred on it by Sub–section (4) of Section 45 read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, the Reserve Bank of India had prepared a draft scheme of amalgamation of The Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd. (USFB).
- Name the Insurance company that recently (in Dec’21) launched a ‘New Term plan’ named “iProtect Return of Premium” to offer 105% return of the premium paid at the age of 60 or 70 years.
1) Max Life
2) ICICI Prudential Life
3) Aegon Life
4) Exide Life
5) Bajaj Allianz LifeAnswer-2) ICICI Prudential Life
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance launched a new term plan ‘ICICI Pru iProtect Return of Premium’. It offers 105 % return of the premium paid at age of 60 or 70 years or on policy maturity.
i. The policy offers two variants – life stage cover and level cover.
About ICICI Prudential Life Insurance:
Chairman- M. S. Ramachandran
Commenced Operation- 2000
- In December 2021, Information and Credit Rating agency (ICRA) projected India’s GDP growth to _____ in FY22.
5) 8.4%Answer-3) 9%
The Information and Credit Rating agency (ICRA) projected India’s real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of 9 percent each in FY22 & FY23 despite the uncertainty developed by the Omicron variant of Covid-19.
i. The Agency is expecting the Cost Price Inflation (CPI) to an average of 4.5-5.0 Percent in FY23 from 5.5 Percent in FY22.
Note – The GDP expansion was expected with a K-shaped divergence amongst the formal and informal sectors of the economy.
About The Information and Credit Rating agency (ICRA):
Establishment – 1991
Headquarters – Gurgaon, Haryana
CEO & MD – N. Sivaraman
- In December 2021, ________ was reappointed as the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited (ESFBL) for _________ terms.
1) Ittira Davis; 5 years
2) Arun Ramanathan; 4 years
3) Vasudevan PN; 3 years
4) Ittira Davis; 3 years
5) Vasudevan PN; 5 yearsAnswer-3) Vasudevan PN; 3 years
The Board of Directors (BoD) of Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited (ESFBL) reappointed Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan (PN) as the MD & CEO for 3 years (from July 23, 2022 to July 22, 2025).
i. Vasudevan PN is currently serving as the MD and CEO of the bank. Earlier he was working as the MD of Equitas Holdings Limited.
Note- Arun Ramanathan is Part time chairman of ESFBL & Ittira Davis is MD & CEO of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
- Name the 1st series of Project 22220 versatile nuclear-powered icebreaker which was recently (in Dec’21) launched by Russia to Boost India’s Arctic Plans in the Northern Seas Route.
5) XuelongAnswer-3) Sibir
Russia has launched its 1st in the series Project 22220 versatile nuclear-powered icebreaker known as ‘Sibir’, which will support the growing fleet of icebreakers to keep the Northern Sea Route open for year-round shipping through the Arctic and enable a wider presence of India in the arctic region.
i. Project 22220 nuclear-powered icebreakers are the most powerful & the largest in the world.
- Which country recently (in Dec’21) launched the 3rd & Final Demonstration Mission of ‘Angara A5 Rocket’?
5) JapanAnswer-2) Russia
Russia has successfully launched its 3rd and final demonstration flight of the Angara-A5/Persey rocket from the state test cosmodrome of the Russian Defence Ministry – Site 35/1 Plesetsk cosmodrome, Russia.
i.The Angara is being developed and built by the Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center in Moscow, Russia.
ii. The Angara Space Launch System (Angara SLS) is a family of modular launch vehicles developed on the basis of URM (Unified Rocket Modules), Common Core Booster (CCB), using LOX/kerosene engines