AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Who released the e-book titled ‘Standard Treatment Guidelines for the Management of Substance Use Disorders and Behavioural Addictions’?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Narendra Modi
3) Pralhad Patel
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer-4) Harsh Vardhan
The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare (MoH& FW), Dr. Harsh Vardhan, released an ebook, titled ‘Standard Treatment Guidelines (STG) for the Management of Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and Behavioural Addictions’ virtually. The book was released in the presence of State Minister of (MoH & FW), Ashwini Kumar Choubey. Aim: The book centers the tackling of substance abuses and behavioural addiction of the country. The guidelines in the book were developed by a group that works under the Tobacco control and Drug Dependence and Treatment program.
- The India-Indonesia defence ministers dialogue was held at which city?
2) New Delhi
Answer-2) New Delhi
Defence Minister of India, Shri Rajnath Singh and the Defence Minister General of Indonesia Mr. Prabowo Subianto agree to expand the military ties during the Defence Minister’s dialogue held at New Delhi. Objective: To expand the defence industries and military ties between two countries and to expand the technology sharing.
- The union cabinet approved MoU between India and which country on Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy?
4) South Africa
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Zimbabwe on Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy., which was signed on November 3rd, 2018. The objective of the MoU is to promote traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy between two nations on the basis of equality and mutual benefit.
- The government plans to increase the fund allocation of education sector to ______% of GDP.
Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the first education policy of the 21st century i.e. National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 which has replaced 34 years old NPE, 1986. This was announced by Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Keshav Javadekar. With this, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) will officially be renamed the Ministry of Education (MoE). It should be noted that from now onwards the education sector will get allocation of 6% of total Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- National Education Policy 2020 emphasizes to set up which fund?
1) Gender Equality Fund
2) Education Upliftment Fund
3) Gender Inclusion Fund
4) Social Empowerment Fund
5) None of the Above
Answer-3) Gender Inclusion Fund
National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 emphasizes setting up of Gender Inclusion Fund, Special Education Zones for disadvantaged regions and groups.
- The National mission on foundational literacy and numeracy will be launched by which ministry?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Human Resource Development
3) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
4) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
5) Ministry of Science and Technology
Answer-2) Ministry of Human Resource Development
National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy: It will be launched by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) for attaining universal foundational literacy and numeracy in all primary schools for all learners by grade 3 by 2025. States will prepare an implementation plan for this. A National Book Promotion Policy will also be formulated.
- The central government targets to achieve ______ % Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education by 2035.
This new policy aligned to the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)-4 of 2030 Agenda is aimed at Universalization of Education from pre-school to secondary level with 100 % Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in school education by 2030. Policy also aims to achieve 100% youth and adult literacy. GER in higher education is to be raised to 50% by 2035 with the addition of 3.5 crore seats.
- Which course will be discontinued as per National Education Policy (NEP) 2020?
1) M. Ed
2) M. Com
4) M. Phil
5) None of the Above
Answer-4) M. Phil
According to National Education Policy 2020, the M. Phil programme would be discontinued.
- Which world organization along with Pure Earth released the report titled “The Toxic Truth: Children’s Exposure to Lead Pollution Undermines a Generation of Future Potential”?
1) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
4) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer-3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and Pure Earth, international non-profit organization authored and published the first of kind report on the health crisis titled “The Toxic Truth: Children’s Exposure to Lead Pollution Undermines a Generation of Future Potential” states that around lead poisoning affects large number of children all across the globe. The report states that around 1 in every 3 that is around 800 million children across the world has the blood lead level above or at 5 micrograms per decilitre, the amount at which action is required and Almost 50% of these children live in South Africa.
- Narendra Modi along with Pravind Jugnauth inaugurated the supreme court building of which country (July 2020)?
5) Sri Lanka
Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with his Mauritian counterpart Pravind Jugnauth jointly inaugurated the new Supreme Court building of Mauritius in Port Louis through video conference. The Supreme Court building has been constructed with Indian grant assistance of US$ 30 million and is the first India-assisted infrastructure project within the capital city of Port Louis.
- The SABIC chemical plant in ‘which’ country set to become the world’s first large scale chemical production plant to completely run on renewable power?
2) Saudi Arabia
The Polycarbonate facility of SABIC in Spain, is set to become the world’s first large scale chemical production plant to completely run on renewable power on signing a major agreement with Iberdrola, an electricity utility company to secure power from solar power projects. The Facility is expected to become fully operational by 2024 and support SABIC to achieve its clean energy target by 2025.
- Which company has collaborated with Fiserv, Inc. for digital transformation?
1) PNB Financial Solutions Limited
2) IOB Financial Solutions Limited
3) SBI Financial Solutions Limited
4) BOB Financial Solutions Limited
5) None of the Above
Answer-4) BOB Financial Solutions Limited
BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL) has chosen Fiserv, Inc. to enable the digitization of their end-to-end card issuance and processing cycle and support the launch of several new and high-tech products including contactless credit cards, virtual credit cards among others. For this purpose, BFSL will utilize Fiserv’s FirstVisionTM, an end-to-end managed services solution.
- Name the company which signed MoU with Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) to jointly develop advanced biofuels application technology.
1) Praj Industries
2) Technophil Industries
3) Libra Techon Industries
4) Petrocil Industries
5) Tripod Projects
Answer-1) Praj Industries
Praj Industries (Praj) and Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) under which they will jointly develop advanced biofuels application technology for the usage in industry and transportation. This technology will help to reduce the health risks posed by air pollution in the transportation sector.
- Which organization signed tripartite MoU with Unnat Bharat Abhiyan-IIT Delhi and Vijnana Bharati?
1) Indian Space Research Organisation
2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
3) Indian Institute of Science
4) Indian Council of Medical Research
5) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Answer-2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Unnat Bharat Abhiyan-Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (UBA-IITD) and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA), New Delhi signed a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to provide access to rural technologies of CSIR for UBA and for the cooperation and actions in the area of UBA towards rural development of India.
- Name the India’s first Solar Powered ferry which has won 1st ‘Gussies’ electric boat awards (‘Gustave Trouvé Award).
The plugboats.com announced the winners of the 1st ‘Gussies’ electric boat awards officially known as ‘Gustave Trouvé Award for Excellence in Boats and Boating’. “Aditya”, India’s first & largest Solar Powered ferry, won the Gustave Trouvé Award under the Excellence in Electric Boats Designed for Paying Passengers category. Aditya built & designed by Navalt Solar and Electric Boats for Kerala State Water Transport Department (KSWTD). Department of Ship Technology, Cochin University of Science and Technology was part of the technical committee that did a feasibility study and approved the project at various stages during design and construction.
- The 1st five of 36 Rafale fighter jets from France landed at which airbase station of Indian Air Force?
1) Adampur AFS
2) Ambala AFS
3) Amritsar AFS
4) Awantipur AFS
5) Chandigarh AFS
Answer-2) Ambala AFS
Forty-six months after the €7.87 bn (Rs 59,000 crore) Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA), that was signed between India and France in September 2016, the first five of 36 Rafale fighter jets, from France were landed in Ambala in Haryana after covering a distance of nearly 8500 km to join the Indian Air Force (IAF). The five aircraft include two twin seater trainer aircraft and three single seat fighter aircraft. These fighter jets are manufactured with 13 India Specific Enhancements (ISE), by Dassault Aviation, a french company.
- Which institute developed medical bed isolation system named ‘Aashray’ recently?
1) Defence Research & Development Establishment (DRDE)
2) Defence Institute of Psychological Research (DIPR)
3) Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT)
4) Defence Electronics Research Laboratory (DLRL)
5) Defence Institute of Psychological Research (DIPR)
Answer-3) Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT)
The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has developed ‘Aashray’, the Medical Bed Isolation System to fight against COVID-19 pandemic by controlling the spread of infection released by the patient. It is a low cost, reusable solution. The model of Aashray was manufactured by M/s Cleancore Solutions Pvt Ltd. Bhosari, Pune.
- ‘Great Prophet 14’ is the military exercise conducted by which country?
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), a paramilitary force, launched the underground ballistic missiles from the depths of the Earth for the 1st time in a completely camouflaged way during the last day of ‘Great Prophet 14’ (code name- “Payambar e Azam 14”) military exercise near Gulf waters.
- Which Indian chess player finished 2nd in grandmaster triathlon tournament at 53rd Biel International chess festival?
1) P. Harikrishna
2) Koneru Humpy
3) Baskaran Adhiban
4) Krishnan Sasikiran
5) Harika Dronavalli
Answer-1) P. Harikrishna
Indian Grandmaster P. Harikrishna finished overall second spot in the Grandmaster Triathlon Tournament at 53rd Biel International Chess Festival which took place in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. Poland’s Radoslaw Wotjaszek finished first in the Biel Chess Festival. The Grandmaster Triathlon Tournament consists of three rounds of chess competition – Classical, Rapid & Blitz and it is part of Biel Chess Festival. He grabbed the top spot in Accentus Chess960, another separate tournament which was held in the Biel International Chess Festival 2020.
- Who has become 7th bowler in test cricket history to scalp 500 wickets?
1) Kemar Roach
2) James Anderson
3) Shannon Gabriel
4) Kapil Dev
5) Stuart Broad
Answer-5) Stuart Broad
England’s Stuart Broad, progressed 7 positions and secured the 3rd rank in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test Bowling Ranking. During the final match against West Indies Board became the 7th bowler in the history of Test cricket to scalp 500 wickets in his 140th test.?
- Who has become No.1 all-rounder in latest ICC test ranking (July 2020)?
1) Hardik Pandya
2) Ravindra Jadeja
3) Ben Stokes
4) Jason Holder
5) Pat Cummins
Answer-3) Ben Stokes
Rank Player Rating 1 Ben Stokes 497 2 Jason Holder 459 3 Ravindra Jadeja 397
- Wisden Trophy tournament between England and West Indies retired recently. Which trophy which will replace Wisden trophy?
1) Llyod-Barnes Trophy
2) Ambrose-Gooch Trophy
3) Everton-Alan Trophy
4) Lara-Anderson Trophy
5) Richards-Botham Trophy
Answer-5) Richards-Botham Trophy
England won the third and final Wisden Trophy test match against the West Indies by 269 runs and won the series by 2-1. After this final series, The Wisden trophy will be retired and displayed at the Museum at Lord’s. It will be replaced by the Richards-Botham Trophy. The series started on 8th July 2020. The Richards-Botham Trophy is a tribute to the legendary players Viv Richards and Ian Botham. The Wisden Trophy was first awarded in 1963 to commemorate the 100th edition of Wisden Cricketers Almanack.
- Rajat Bhatia who announced retirement recently is associated with which sport?
Delhi All-rounder Rajat Bhatia has called it quits to his two-decade long career. He announced his retirement on July 29, 2020. Rajat Bhatia has played 112 first-class games scoring 6482 runs (average 49.10) and scalping 137 wickets. He was part of title-winning Kolkata Knight Riders team in 2012 and has played for Delhi Daredevils, Rajasthan Royals and Rising Pune Supergiants.
- Somendra Nath Mitra who passed away in July 2020 is the former Lok Sabha MP from which state?
3) West Bengal
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-3) West Bengal
President of West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee, Somendra Nath Mitra died at the age of 78 in Bellevue Hospital, Kolkata due to Kidney and heart ailments. He was born on 31st December 1941, Katorah, Jessore, Bangladesh. He served as the member of the 15th Lok Sabha, elected from the Diamond Harbour constituency in West Bengal state in 2009 as a Trinamool Congress candidate.
- The “World day against trafficking in Person” was observed every year on _______.
1) May 14
2) March 21
3) April 15
4) June 28
5) July 30
Answer-5) July 30
The United Nations (UN) observed the “World day against trafficking in Person” annually on July 30. The day is celebrated to raise awareness about the conditions of the victims of trafficking and to protect their rights. Human trafficking is a crime that exploits women, children and men for numerous purposes including forced labour and sex. Theme for 2020 World day against trafficking in Person as per United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is “Committed to the Cause: Working on the Frontline to End Human Trafficking”.
- When was UN’s International day of friendship celebrated every year?
1) July 30
2) July 29
3) July 28
4) July 27
5) July 26
Answer-1) July 30
The United Nations (UN) International Day of Friendship is observed annually on July 30 to cherish the bond of friendship which will ultimately help to develop love and peace among human beings. The day is also called Friendship Day. Idea behind the day– Friendship between peoples, countries, cultures and individuals can inspire peace efforts and build bridges between communities.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the chairman of Committee for the Draft National Education Policy?
1) Manjul Bhargava
2) Vasudha Kamat
3) K Kasturirangan
4) Mazhar Asif
5) M. K. Sridhar
Answer-3) K Kasturirangan
In June 2017, Committee for the Draft National Education Policy was constituted under the Chairmanship of eminent scientist Dr. Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan, which submitted the Draft National Education Policy, 2019 to the HRD Ministry on 31st May, 2019.
- Where is the HQ of United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) located?
5) Port Louis
The HQ of United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) located at Vienna, Austria.
- Yamuna river originates at which state?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) West Bengal
Recently, high levels (around 3 parts per million) of ammonia in the Yamuna river has been detected in Delhi which led to the disruption of water supply in Delhi. As per the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the acceptable maximum limit of ammonia in drinking water is 0.5 parts per million (ppm). The river Yamuna, a major tributary of river Ganges, originates from the Yamunotri glacier near Bandarpoonch peaks in the Mussoorie range of the lower Himalayas in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. It meets the Ganges at the Sangam in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh after flowing through Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Delhi.
- The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is located at which city?
The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is located at Pune, Maharashtra.
- What is the capital of Zimbabwe?
The capital and currency of Zimbabwe are Harare & United States (US) Dollar, RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement) dollar respectively.