AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Prakash Javadekar participated in 11th session of Petersberg Climate Dialogue 2020. Name the country which host this dialogue since 2010 (Co-chair-UK).
5) NetherlandsAnswer-4) Germany
Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Prakash Javadekar participates in 1st virtual which is 11th session of Petersberg Climate Dialogue 2020 along with 30 other countries representatives & ministers.It has been hosted by Germany since 2010 to provide a forum for informal high-level political discussions, which focus on climate negotiations and the advancement of climate action.
- Recently in April 2020, Indian has extended $150 million foreign currency swap support to which among the following country?
2) Sri Lanka
5) MaldivesAnswer-5) Maldives
Coronavirus (COVID 19) is causing terrible havoc in the country and the world at this time. In such a situation, India is coming forward to help less capable countries in fighting COVID 19. In this sequence, India has extended $ 150 million foreign currency swap support to Maldives to help reduce the impact of the virus.
- The GoI has established International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) to regulate all financial services in International Financial Services Centres (IFSCs) in the country. Where will HQ of IFSCA locate at?
5) GurugramAnswer-3) Gandhinagar
The Central government notified that it has established International Financial Services Centres Authority(IFSCA), a unified body to regulate all financial services in International Financial Services Centres(IFSCs) in the country & its headquarters will be at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Name the state which has launched fee reimbursement scheme for students namely Jagananna Vidya Deevena.
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-2) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh (AP) Chief Minister (CM) Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy launched a scheme Jagananna Vidya Deevena with an outlay of Rs 4,000 crore to provide full fees reimbursement to about 14 lakh college students, including those in professional courses.
- Which state government has launched ‘Jeevan Amrit Yojana’ scheme to boost the immune system of people to fight covid-19.
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer-1) Madhya Pradesh
In view of increasing coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in India,the Madhya Pradesh (MP) Chief Minister (CM) Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched ‘Jeevan Amrit Yojana’ scheme to boost the immune system of people to fight disease.
- Which among the following is world’s first airline which conducts rapid antibody test to its passengers?
1) Qatar Airways
3) All Nippon Airways
5) EVA AirAnswer-2) Emirates
Aviation giant Emirates has launched a 10-minute coronavirus blood test for passengers departing from its Dubai home base, in what it claimed April 15, 2020 as a first for the industry. The airline resumed limited passenger flights earlier this month after the United Arab Emirates grounded all commercial aircraft.
- The Asian Development Bank has approved to provide USD 346 loan for which state to provide better power connection in rural areas?
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) PunjabAnswer-4) Maharashtra
Asian Development Bank (ADB), is a regional development bank, has approved a loan worth of $346 million (around Rs 2,616 crore) for the government of Maharashtra to provide reliable power connection in rural areas of the state, where the labour force is mostly engaged in agriculture and related activities.
- What is will be India’s growth forecast for the calendar year 2020 as per report titled “Global Macro Outlook 2020-21 (April 2020 update)” released by Moody?
5) 1.2%Answer-3) 0.2%
Moody’s Investors Service in its report titled “Global Macro Outlook 2020-21 (April 2020 update)” has decreased the India’s growth forecast for calendar year (CY) 2020 to 0.2%, from 2.5% projected in March, 2020, due to the nationwide lockdown started from March 24, 2020. Moody also forecasted India’s growth for 2021 at 6.2%.
- Credit rating agency, Crisil has reduced India’s economic growth rate for FY21 to ______.
5) 2%Answer-3) 1.8%
CRISIL, an S&P global company, a domestic rating agency had lowered its projections for the Financial progress price of India to 1.8% from 3.5%, its earlier prediction for the year 2020-21 The parent company of CRISIL, Standard & Poor’s, predicts the world economy to contract 2.4% against its earlier estimated 0.4% growth.
- Name the former finance secretary who has been appointed as the chairman of Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) for 3 years.
2) TN Krishnamoorthy
3) Mahadev Singh
4) AB Pandey
5) Rajiv KumarAnswer-5) Rajiv Kumar
The former finance secretary Rajiv Kumar was appointed as the Chairperson of the Public Enterprises Selection Board(PESB) by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) headed by the Prime Minister NarendraModi for a period of three years in place of KapilDevTripathi who took over as the Secretary to the President Ram NathKovind.
- Suresh N Patel has been appointed as the vigilance commissioner in Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). He is the former chief of which Bank?
1) Andhra Bank
2) Allahabad Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) Syndicate Bank
5) Bank of BarodaAnswer-1) Andhra Bank
Former Andhra Bank chief Suresh N Patel(62) takes charge as vigilance commissioner in the anti-corruption watchdog Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) & his oath of office is administered by newly-appointed Central Vigilance Commissioner Sanjay Kothari.
- Neeraj Vyas has been appointed as the MD&CEO of Punjab National Bank (PNB) Housing Finance Limited. Where is the HQ of located?
2) New Delhi
5) BhopalAnswer-2) New Delhi
The Punjab National Bank (PNB) Housing Finance Limited appointed independent director Neeraj Vyas as the Interim Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) for the period of eight months effective from 28th April, following the early retirement of PNB housing Finance managing Director Sanjaya Gupta whose tenure as MD and CEO ends on May 4, 2020.HQ of PNB – New Delhi.
- J Arunkumar from Karnataka has been appointed as the head coach of which nationalmen’s cricket team?
5) NepalAnswer-4) USA
Former Karnataka cricketer J. Arunkumar, 45 years old, was appointed as the head coach of the USA (United States of America)men’s national team. He was the successor of interim coach James Pamment.
- External Affairs Minister Jaishankar has attended the BRICS foreign minister summit recently. Who is the current chair of BRICS?
5) South AfricaAnswer-2) Russia
BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Foreign Ministers meeting on coronavirus was held through video conferencing, which was opened by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. It should be noted that Russia is the Chair of BRICS for 2020.From Indian side, it was attended by External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
- Name the Indian state which topped in terms of total installed renewable capacity in FY20, as per CRISIL research report.
1) Tamil Nadu
4) West Bengal
5) MaharashtraAnswer-3) Karnataka
According to a CRISIL Research report, Karnataka retained its 1st position in terms of total installed renewable capacity in FY20 followed by Tamil Nadu(2nd) & Gujarat(3rd). The top 3 states in overall solar energy capacity addition are Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka & in wind energy- Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra.
- Name the asteroid which will pass through earth within 3.9 million miles as per NASA.
1) asteroid 1998 OR2
2) asteroid 1999 OR2
3) asteroid 1992 OR2
4) asteroid 1997 OR2
5) asteroid 1995 OR2Answer-1) asteroid 1998 OR2
According to The National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) asteroid 1998 OR2 a large near-Earth asteroid, measuring about 1.5-mile-wide (2-kilometer-wide) will pass by earth within 3.9 million miles (6.3 million kilometers), which is about 16 times farther away than the moon.
- The scientist of which Indian institute has developed an Alzheimer’s inhibitor called ‘Ber-D’?
1) S.N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
2) Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
3) Institute for Advanced Studies in Science Technology
4) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology
5) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific ResearchAnswer-5) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
A team of Scientists led by Prof. T. Govindaraju at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre For Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), a multidisciplinary research institute located at Bangalore (Karnataka), has developed an Alzheimer’s inhibitor called ‘Ber-D’,a modified the structure of Berberine, a natural and cheap product similar to curcumin, found in India & China.
- With which app the MyGov has partnered to support the Central Government efforts against the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.
5) KwaiAnswer-1) VMate
Short video application (app) VMate joined hands with the Government’s citizen engagement platform MyGov to support the Central Government efforts against the spread of Coronavirus pandemic.
- The scientist of which IIT has developed a software which can detect COVID-19 within 5 seconds using x-ray scan of the suspected patient.
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Bombay
3) IIT Kanpur
4) IIT Roorkee
5) IIT MandiAnswer-4) IIT Roorkee
Kamal Jain, professor at Civil Engineering Department, IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)- Roorkee, Uttarakhand, has developed a software which can detect COVID-19 within 5 seconds using x-ray scan of the suspected patient.
- CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI) provides protein-enriched biscuits to Covid-19 patients. Where is CSIR-CFTRI located?
5) MysuruAnswer-5) Mysuru
The Mysuru (Karnataka)-based CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CRTRI) has made available high-protein biscuits to the COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment in the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Name the country which will host 2021 men’s world boxing championship (Because of termination of agreement, India lost hosting rights).
5) UzbekistanAnswer-4) Serbia
International Boxing Association (AIBA) terminated an agreement with India, signed in 2017, which resulted in losing of hosting rights of 2021 men’s world boxing championship by the latter to Serbia.
- Indian women’s team has qualified for ODI women’s world cup 2021. Name the country which is going to host the tournament.
1) New Zealand
2) South Africa
5) BangladeshAnswer-1) New Zealand
The International Cricket Council(ICC) has announced that India, New Zealand, Australia, England and South Africa have sealed a direct berth for the quadrennial 50-over Women World Cup 2021 to be held in New Zealand & scheduled from February 6 to March 7 in 2021.
- Name the person who has authored the book titled “Sayajirao Gaekwad III: Maharaja of Baroda”.
1) Uma Balasubramaniam
2) Sudha Murty
3) Chetan Bhagat
4) Ruskin Bond
5) Vikram SethAnswer-1) Uma Balasubramaniam
Uma Balasubramaniam’s “Sayajirao Gaekwad III: Maharaja of Baroda”, a historic epic published on December 5, 2019, by Rupa publication on how a Maratha farmers 13 year old boy becomes the King of Baroda and also how the fate twists for the favourite son of the British empire gets himself to the brink of being deposed by the British.
- Irrfan Khan who passed away recently is _______.
1) Law Maker
3) Freedom fighter
5) CyclistAnswer-4) Actor
Famous Bollywood Actor SahabzadeIrrfan Ali Khan, whose international movie career included hits such as Slumdog Millionaire, Life of Pi and the Amazing Spider-man etc., passed away at the age of 53 due to colon infection in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He had been battling neuroendocrine cancer since 2018. He was born on January 7, 1967, in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- When was world dance day celebrated every year?
1) April 14
2) April 28
3) April 16
4) April 29
5) April 15Answer-4) April 29
On 29th April, Every year the International Dance has been celebrated since 1982 by the International Dance Committee(IDC) of International Theatre Institute (ITI) to educate the people on the various dance forms around the world. TheUnited Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) allocated International Theatre Institute (ITI) and International Dance Committee(IDC) as the organizer of the event.This day also marks the birth anniversary of Jean-George Noverre(29th April 1727), the creator of modern ballet.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Galos are the tribal in which Indian state? Answer-Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh’s West Siang district ceremonially entered the Arr-Rinam phase on March 26, 2020. Arr-Rinam is the Galo equivalent of lockdown imposed by consensus for 48 hours whenever an epidemic strike. The Galos, one of the 26 major tribes of Arunachal Pradesh, dominate West Siang district. Arr-Rinam, which follows the Ali-Ternam ritual to ward off an epidemic, has been a part of their culture. Ali-Ternam — Ali means epidemic and Ternam forestall — and Arr-Rinam were last performed almost four decades ago when a water-borne disease had affected many members of the community.
- Jawara is the folk dance in which state? Answer-Madhya Pradesh
- Where is the HQ of International Cricket Council (ICC) located? Answer-Dubai, UAE
- Who is the present president of Asian Development Bank? Answer-Masatsugu Asakawa
- What is the capital and currency of Maldives? Answer-Capital – Male & Currency – Rufiyaa
- What is the capital and currency of Germany? Answer-Capital – Berlin & Currency –Euro
- What is the capital and currency of United Kingdom? Answer-Capital – London & Currency -Pound