AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the 1st government hospital in India which successfully launched Convalescent Plasma Therapy (CPT) treatment for the COVID-19 patients.
1) All India Institute of Medical Sciences-Delhi
2) King Edward Memorial Hospital
3) Christian Medical College Vellore
4) King George Medical University
5) Safdarjung Hospital
Answer-4) King George Medical University
The King George Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh became the 1st government (govt) hospital in India to successfully launch the Convalescent Plasma Therapy (CPT) treatment for the COVID-19 patients. The 1st dose of CPT was administered to a 58-year old patient.
- Name the Indian state which has launched a unique initiative named ‘Umbare Aanganwadi’ to help children during lockdown.
In view of increasing coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in India, the Women and Child Development Ministry (WCD) of Gujarat state Government has launched an unique initiative called ‘Umbare Aanganwadi (means doorstep Aanganwadi) under ICDS (Integrated Child Development Services) programme to reach out to children during the lockdown.
- Which group of countries has launched the “Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator” initiative recently?
The group of 20 (G20) launched “Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator”, an international initiative to accelerate development, production, and access to health tools needed to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- What is the amount, India holdsas US government securities as on end of Feb 2020 (record highest value) as per United States (US) Treasury Department?
2) USD 152.85Bn
3) USD 197.25Bn
4) USD 180.5Bn
5) USD 177.5Bn
Answer-5) USD 177.5Bn
According to the latest data from the United States (US) Treasury Department (dep) the India’s holding of US government (govt) securities has gone up by over USD 13 billion (bn) in a month to a record high of USD 177.5 bn at the end of February, since November 2019, the country has slowly climbed to USD 159.2 bn.
- As per latest World Health Organisation’s (WHO) map, Aksai Chin is a region in China. Aksai Chin is part of which Indian UT/State?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
2) Jammu & Kashmir
The World Health Organisation(WHO) map shows the Aksai Chin region of Ladakh UT as a part of China with a dotted line and colour code & also marks Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) with dotted lines, suggesting it as a disputed territory. Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) and the rest of India are marked in different colour codes.
- What is the grant that was approved to give to India as Loan by Asian Development Bank (ADB) to combat Covid-19?
1) $2 Billion
2) $1 Billion
3) $1.5 Billion
4) $2.5 Billion
5) $5 Billion
Answer-3) $1.5 Billion
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved the loan of 1.5 Billion USD (Rs.11,400 crore) to India to fund the actions to take against the novel coronavirus pandemic like to support disease containment and prevention and social protection for the poor and working-class population who are in vulnerable economic condition.
- What will be the contraction in growth in Asia Pacific region for 2020, as per report titled ‘APEC in the Epicentre of COVID-19’ released by Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)?
According to the report ‘APEC in the Epicentre of COVID-19’ released by the APEC Secretariat, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) region’s growth is expected to decrease by 2.7% in 2020 due to the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The contraction, which is the most significant fall since 2009 global recession, compares with a 3.6 % growth in 2019.
- Name the telecom company which has tied up with Paytm for ‘Recharge Saathi’.
5) Vodafone Idea
Answer-5) Vodafone Idea
Vodafone Idea has tied up a digital payments & financial services platform Paytm to launch ‘Recharge Saathi’ programme which is intended to help individuals, small businesses to earn an additional income. Under the programme, every month would be able to earn up to Rs.5,000.
- Shiv Das Meena has been appointed as the chairman & MD (addn charge) of New Delhi based Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO). He the additional secretary of which Indian ministry?
1) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Minority Affairs
4) Ministry of Rural Development
5) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
Answer-1) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
The Additional Secretary of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Government of India was appointed to hold the additional charge of Chairman and Managing Director of Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO) ltd, for six month or till the appointment of a regular incumbent to the post, effect from 21st April 2020 Shiv Das Meena – 1989 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu Cadre with over 30 years of Experience in the public service is a Bachelor of Civil Engineer and completed his Master in International Studies from Japan.
- Who among the following is the part of Texere Publishing Limited’s “The Medicine Maker Power List 20 For 2020”?
1) Glenn Saldanha
2) Dilip Shanghvi
3) Umang Vohra
4) Sharvil Pankajbhai Patel
5) Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
Answer-5) Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
The Texere Publishing Ltd has published its “The Medicine Maker Power List 20 For 2020” consisting of the world’s top 60 inspirational leaders under three categories viz. Small Molecules, Advanced Medicines, and Biopharmaceuticals. Each category consisted of 20 influencers from the field of medicines. From India, the list has named Executive Chairperson of Biocon Ltd Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw in the world’s top 20 inspirational leaders in the field of biopharmaceuticals. She has been recognized for her contribution to the world of medicine as an entrepreneur and innovative business leader.
- Name the country which has highest value of US government securities (USD 1.268 trillion) as per US Treasury Department (India-13th).
3) Saudi Arabia
India is positioned at 13th position & the 1st position is held by Japan with securities worth over USD 1.268 trillion(tn) at February end, followed by China with holdings of USD 1.092 tn & United Kingdom at USD 403.2 bn. Brazil is positioned in 4th with USD 285.9 bn, followed by Ireland- USD 282.7 bn, Luxembourg- USD 260.8 bn, Hong Kong USD 249.8 bn, Switzerland- USD 243.7 bn, Cayman Islands- USD 219.4 bn, Belgium- USD 218 bn, Taiwan- USD 201.9 bn and Saudi Arabia- USD 184.4 bn
- Name the Indian private sector bank which has acquired additional 29% stake (total 30%) in Max Life Insurance for Rs. 1592 crores (approx).
1) Yes Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) CUB Bank
Answer-2) Axis Bank
Private-sector lender Axis Bank Ltd would acquire an additional 29% stake in Max Life Insurance Company from Max Financial Services Limited (MFS). The deal will increase Axis Bank ‘s stake in Max Life to 30%. However, the bank didn’t reveal the amount it is paying for the stake. But the bigger deal can be estimated at Rs 1,592 crore approx which will be paid in two stages.
- The 1st ever merger of black hole of different masses was observed by LIGO-LVC indicated by GW190412 signal. Who published this study?
Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Laboratory (LIGO) Scientific Collaboration and the Virgo Collaboration also known as LVC (LIGO Scientific Collaboration and Virgo Collaboration)discovered binary black hole (BBH) merger with different masses for the first time. This study has been published in preprint server ArXiv.This discovery took place a year after when a gravitational wave (GW) signal dubbed “GW190412”observed by the LIGO and Virgo detectors on 12 April 2019, which was actually a sign of merging of two black holes with unequal masses. This merger took place 2.4 billion light years away.
- Which IIT (lead the team of students from diff institutes) under assistance of Design Innovation Centre (DIC), IUST – has developed a low-cost ventilator named as Rudhaar?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Bombay
3) IIT Ropar
4) IIT Mandi
5) IIT Kharagpur
Answer-2) IIT Bombay
A team of engineering students from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Srinagar and Islamic University of Science & Technology (IUST), Awantipora, Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) led by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay under the assistance of Design Innovation Centre (DIC), IUST has developed a low-cost ventilator named as Rudhaar using locally available materials.
- Name the IIT which has designed ‘Warbot’ which can deliver medicines and food to COVID-19 patients.
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Bombay
3) IIT Ropar
4) IIT Mandi
5) IIT Kharagpur
Answer-3) IIT Ropar
A team of researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar in Punjab’s Rupnagar district has come up with a design of an autonomous ‘WardBot’ which can deliver medicines and food to COVID-19 patients in isolation wards without human intervention.
- Mobile App named ‘Covid Pharma’ to trace people buying medicines for fever, cold was launched by which state?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-1) Andhra Pradesh
The Medical and Health Department of Andhra Pradesh (AP) has launched ‘Covid Pharma’, a mobile application(app) to keep a track of people buying medicines over-the-counter (OTC) for cough, cold and fever from medical stores across the state.
- Cricketer Umar Akmal who was banned from International cricket for 3 years for match fixing belongs to which country?
2) South Africa
Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal was banned for three-years by the Pakistan Cricket Board(PCB) Disciplinary Committee for the violation of ICC Anti-corruption code 2.4.4 failing to disclose the details of approaches to engage in corrupt conduct and 2.4.5 failing to disclose any incident that comes to the knowledge of any evidence that another participant received any approaches to engage in corrupt conduct.
- Michael John Robinson who passed away recently represented which country in Football?
Former Republic of Ireland and Liverpool forward footballer Michael John Robinson passed away at the age of 61 in Marbella, Spain. He was born on July 12, 1958 in Leicester, England.
- Basanta Das who passed away recently is the former Rajya Sabha MP from which Indian state
1) West Bengal
Basanta Das, 80, Former Rajya Sabha member from Odisha passed away due to prolonged illness in Bahadur Bagicha locality of Bhawanipatna, who was served as Rajya Sabha member from 1990 to 199 and chairman of Bhawanipatna Municipality from 1985 to 1990.
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work (WDSHW) is observed every year on April 28. What is the theme for WDSHW 2020?
1) OSH vulnerability of young workers
2) Optimize The Collection And Use Of OSH Data
3) Safety and Health and the Future of Work
4) Stop the pandemic: Safety and health at work can save lives
5) Workplace Stress: a collective challenge
Answer-4) Stop the pandemic: Safety and health at work can save lives
The World Day for Safety and Health at Work (WDSHW) is observed every year on April 28, to promote the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally. The day is observed by the ILO (International Labour Organization) to raise awareness on the adoption of safe practices in workplaces.April 28 is also the International Commemoration Day for Dead and Injured Workers organized worldwide by the trade union movement since 1996. Theme for the year 2020: Stop the pandemic: Safety and health at work can save lives.
- Theme for World Veterinary Day 2020 is “Environment Protection for Improving Animal and Human Health”. When was the day celebrated for the year 2020?
1) April 27
2) April 22
3) April 26
4) April 25
5) April 21
Answer-4) April 25
World Veterinary Day is celebrated every year on the last Saturday of April. The day marks the importance of Veterinary doctors all over the world who serve to protect animals. Theme for the year 2020: “Environment Protection for Improving Animal and Human Health”. For the year 2020 the day was celebrated on April 25.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Zarina Hashmi who passed away recently is a best known _______.
Answer-Minimalist (minimal artist)
New York-based Indian artist Zarina Hashmi, best known for creating simple, minimalist, yet powerful works, passed away on Saturday at her niece’s home in London, following a long illness. She was 83.
- What is the capital and currency of Israel?
Answer-capital – Jerusalem & Currency – Shekel
The new Israeli government that will emerge from the unity government deal signed Monday by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Benny Gantz is ultimately expected have up to 36 cabinet ministers and up to 16 deputy ministers, making it the largest in the country’s history. That poses a special challenge for Netanyahu’s main coalition partner, Gantz’s Kahol Lavan party, which only has 15 Knesset members, most of whom will become cabinet ministers, leaving almost none of the remaining members to be appointed to Knesset committees.Capital: Jerusalem Currency: Israeli Shekel.
- World Organization for Animal Health is located at?
- Where is the HQ of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) located?
- Papikonda National Park is located in which state?