AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 October 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which organization has organized ‘India–Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE)’ in association with Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)?
1) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
2) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
3) NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog
4) Ministry of science & Technology
5) Ministry of External AffairsAnswer-3) NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog
Ramanan Ramanathan, Mission Director Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Additional Secretary NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog launched ‘India–Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE)’ which will be organized by NITI Aayog’s AIM on December 7-8, 2020 in association with Australia’s national science agency, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO). It has been launched on the lines of the virtual summit between the Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi and Australian PM Scott John Morrison held on June 4th, 2020. The focus of I-ACE is on the identification and development of innovative technology solutions by bright-minded students, startups and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) of both nations to address the circular economy challenge.
- Which Bank has partnered with IIFL Finance, a NBFC (Non-Banking Financial Company) to source and manages retail gold loan assets?
1) RBL Bank
2) HSBC Bank
3) CSB Bank
4) IDFC Bank
5) DBS BankAnswer-3) CSB Bank
CSB Bank Ltd (formerly Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd) entered into partnership with IIFL finance Ltd, a NBFC (Non-Banking Financial Company) to source and manages retail gold loan assets. Under the partnership, IIFL will act as a Business Correspondent (BC) of the Bank. IIFL with its vast branch network will source new business from markets where CSB Bank does not have an adequate branch network.
- Which IIT and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) have inked MoU with Italy’s two universities for restoration and protection of historical monuments?
1) IIT Jodhpur
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Delhi
5) IIT KharagpurAnswer-2) IIT Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT-K) in Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) have inked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Italy’s Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, and Soprintendenza Archeologia, Belle Arti E Paesaggio, Venice for creating a network of sharing skills for restoration and protection of historical monuments. In this regard, institutes will promote collaboration and activities in areas such as collaboration in scientific studies and skill sharing, the exchange of knowledge, experience, academic materials and publications, conducting workshops, undertaking joint field studies and technology development. The activities under this MoU will be coordinated by Prof Mukesh Sharma, department of Civil Engineering, IIT-Kanpur.
- Which State has secured 1st Rank in Disbursing Loans under PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) scheme?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh has secured First Rank in Disbursing Loans under PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) scheme by approving the highest number of loans under the scheme in the country. On 27th October, Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributed Loans to around 3 Lakh beneficiaries. Madhya Pradesh came second in the list with over 1.25 Lakh Beneficiaries, followed by Telangana (53, 777) in Loan Disbursement Scheme. Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh ranked first in all categories viz Applications of Loan, Sanction of Loan and Disbursements of loans under the scheme.
Top 3 States in Loan Disbursement Category:
Rank State Loan Disbursements (approximately) 1 Uttar Pradesh 2.2 Lakh Loans 2 Madhya Pradesh 1.25 Lakh Loans 3 Telangana 53, 777 Lakh Loans
- Which country will take part in 24th edition of Malabar exercise along with India, United States (US) and Japan?
5) AustraliaAnswer-5) Australia
The naval exercise Malabar is held annually between the troika of India, United States (US), and Japan But this year i.e. the 24th edition of exercise will also see a participation of Australia making it first “quadrilateral” naval exercise. This Quad grouping exercise will take place in India Ocean Region (IOR) viz. Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea in a non-contact format amid COVID-19. It should be noted that Australia along with Singapore participated in this exercise in 2007 but was dropped in subsequent editions after serious objections were raised by Beijing, China.
- Name the NASA observatory which has detected water molecules in one of the craters in the Moon (Study published in Nature Astronomy).
5) GRACIAAnswer-4) SOFIA
For the first time, National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA) has confirmed water on the sunlit surface of the Moon. SOFIA has detected water molecules (H2O) in Clavius Crater, one of the largest craters visible from Earth, located in the Moon’s southern hemisphere. The results are published in the latest issue of Nature Astronomy. This discovery indicates that water may be distributed across the lunar surface, and not limited to cold, shadowed places. SOFIA, a modified Boeing 747SP jetliner used its 106-inch Faint Object infraRed Camera for the SOFIA Telescope (FORCAST) to pick up the specific wavelength unique to water molecules, at 6.1 microns, and discovered a surprising concentration of 100 to 412 parts per million – roughly equivalent to a 12-ounce bottle of water – trapped in a cubic meter of soil spread across the lunar surface.
- The team of researchers discovered a new species of _____________ named “Echinops sahyadricus” in Rajgad Fort located in Sahyadri hills, Westenern Ghats, Maharashtra.
5) Flowering plantAnswer-5) Flowering plant
The team of researchers (Sushant More, Harshal Bhosale & Fabio Conti) discovered a new species of flowering plant named “Echinops sahyadricus” (common name – Sahyadri globe thistle) in Rajgad Fort located in Sahyadri hills, Westenern Ghats, Pune, Maharashtra. Harshal Bhosale, Conservation officer of Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS), Mumbai led the research team which includes Sushant More, botanist from Sathaye College, Mumbai University, Mumbai, Maharashtra and Fabio Conti from the University of Camerino, Italy.
The team made the discovery during the field survey as a part of ‘Assessing the Endemic Biodiversity of the High Elevational Plateaus of Northern Western Ghats’ project that focuses on the endemic biodiversity of plateaus of the northern Western Ghats.
- Who has authored the book titled “Night of the Restless Spirits: Stories from 1984”?
1) GBS Sandhu
2) Sarbpreet Singh
3) Pradeep Goorha
4) Deepankar Aron
5) Goonmeet Singh ChauhanAnswer-2) Sarbpreet Singh
Sarbpreet Singh has authored a book titled “Night of the Restless Spirits: Stories from 1984”. The book recounts the Sikh massacre or anti-Sikh riots of 1984. The book narrates many stories of ordinary people that capture the horrors and uncertainties of 1984 through the eyes of Sikhs around the world. The book is published by Penguin.
Note-The book is a fictionalised version of real happenings. It comprises 8 chapters.
- Naresh Kanodia, also known as a ‘Superstar’ and ‘Amitabh Bachchan’ of the Gujarati cinema was a renowned ____________.
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 &3Answer-5) All 1, 2 &3
Naresh Kanodia, Veteran Gujarati actor and former MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) passed away at the age of 77 at the UN Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre, Ahmedabad. He is also a musician. He was known as a ‘Superstar’and ‘Amitabh Bachchan’ of the Gujarati cinema. He was born on August 20, 1943 at Kanoda village, Gujarat. He served as a BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) MLA from Karjan constituency between 2002 and 2007. Naresh Kanodia received the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award at a ceremony held in Mumbai in 2012 to mark the centenary of Indian cinema.
- What was the theme for World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is annually celebrated by The United Nations (UN) on October 27, 2020?
1) Connect the worlds
2) Engage the Past through Sound and Images
3) Your Window to the World
4) Your Story is moving
5) Discover, remember and shareAnswer-3) Your Window to the World
The United Nations (UN) World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is annually celebrated on October 27 globally to commemorate the adoption of the Recommendation for the Safeguarding and Preservation of Moving Images in 1980 by the 21st General Conference of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization). The day aims to raise awareness of the need to take urgent measures and to acknowledge the importance of audiovisual documents. Theme of World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2020– ‘Your Window to the World’.
- Indian Army observes which day as the Infantry Day?
1) October 24
2) October 25
3) October 26
4) October 27
5) October 28Answer-4) October 27
Indian Army annually celebrates the Infantry Day on 27th October to commemorate the courage and sacrifice of the Infantrymen who fought in the first military event of India after independence on 27th October 1947 against Pakistan intruders in Kashmir. The day also honors all the martyrs of India. The 27th October 2020, marks 74th Infantry Day celebrated by the Indian Army. For the first time, all the top commanders and Colonels of the Regiments of Indian Army paid tribute to the Infantrymen at the National War Memorial (NWM) in Delhi. This day is also marked as the Kumaon Regiment and Sikh Regiment day. On account of the 74th Infantry Day 2020, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat and Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane paid tributes at the National War Memorial.
- What was the 2020 theme for The ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’ observed in India from October 27 to November 2 by Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)?
1) Satark Rahein, Sawdhan Rahein
2) Satark Bharat, Sawdhan Bharat
3) Satark Bharat, Sudradh Bharat
4) Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat
5) Satark Bharat, Sashakt BharatAnswer-4) Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat
The ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’ is observed annually in India from October 27 to November 2 by Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). This year the week is being observed on the theme “Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat (Vigilant India, Prosperous India)”. In this regard, Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the three-day National Conference on Vigilance and Anti-Corruption organized by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the theme of vigilance week. The aim of the conference is to raise awareness on vigilance issues. The ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’ is observed during the week in which Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birthday falls (October 31).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Rihand Dam is located in which state?
1) Himachal Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-5) Uttar Pradesh
Rihand Dam also known as Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar, is the largest dam of India by volume. The reservoir of Rihand Dam is called Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar and is India’s largest artificial lake. Rihand Dam is a concrete gravity dam located at Pipri in Sonbhadra District in Uttar Pradesh, India.
- What is the capital of Australia?
5) ConakryAnswer-4) Canberra
The capital and currency of ‘Australia’ is ‘Canberra’ & ‘Australian Dollar’ respectively.
- What is the Currency of Italy?
5) FrancAnswer-4) Euro
The capital and currency of ‘Italy’ is ‘Rome’ & ‘Euro’ respectively.
- Where is the headquarters of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) located?
1) New Delhi
5) ChennaiAnswer-1) New Delhi
The Archaeological Survey of India is an Indian government agency attached to the Ministry of Culture that is responsible for archaeological research and the conservation and preservation of cultural monuments in the country. It was founded in 1861 by Alexander Cunningham who also became its first Director-General. It has its headquarters in New Delhi, India.
- Where is the headquarters of National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) located?
1) Washington D.C, US
2) Bangalore, India
3) New York City, US
4) New Delhi, India
5) London, UKAnswer-1) Washington D.C, US
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the U.S. Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and space research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. It is headquartered in Washington D.C, US.