AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which ministry is set to launch a first-of-its-kind Centre of Excellence (CoE) i.e., ‘Centre for Bio-Resources and Sustainable Development’ in Arunachal Pradesh (AR) for the Northeast development of our country?
1) Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
2) Minister of Development of North Eastern Region
3) Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST)
4) Minister of Tribal Affairs
5) Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
Answer-3) Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST)
The Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) will launch a first-of-its-kind Centre of Excellence (CoE) in the Northeast i.e. ‘Centre for Bio-Resources and Sustainable Development’ at Kimin in Papum Pare district of Arunachal Pradesh (AR).
ii.The establishment of the Centre was sanctioned by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), MoST and is already complete for formal inauguration.
- Name the India’s citizen engagement digital platform which recently celebrated the 7th Anniversary of its launch on July 26, 2021.
India’s Citizen Engagement Platform ‘MyGov’ celebrated the 7th Anniversary of its launch on July 26, 2021. The platform was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 26th July 2014 to promote the active participation of Indian citizens in their country’s governance and development.
- Find the Indian Naval Ship (INS) which participates in Annual Maritime Exercise Cutlass Express 2021 (CE21).
1) INS Trikand
2) INS Shivalik
3) INS INS Trishul
4) INS Gomati
5) INS Talwar
Answer-5) INS Talwar
Indian Naval Ship (INS) Talwar visited Mombasa, Kenya to participate in Exercise Cutlass Express 2021 (CE21). The Annual Maritime Exercise is to be conducted from 26 July, 2021 to 6th August, 2021 along the East Coast of Africa.The Exercise is sponsored by the U.S. Africa Command and conducted by U.S. Naval Forces Africa (NAVAF). Indian Navy is participating in the exercise in a ‘trainer role’.
- Which country became the first in world to approve Genetically Modified (GM) ‘Golden Rice’ for Commercial Production?
Philippines became the World’s 1st Country to approve Genetically Modified (GM) ‘Golden Rice’ for Commercial Production. The GM rice will help in increasing the rice productivity in the country.It has been developed by the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in partnership with the Department of Agriculture-Philippine Rice Research Institute.
- HDFC Bank in collaboration with Common Services Centres (CSC) e-Governance India Ltd, Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV), launched a scheme named ‘Dukandar Overdraft Scheme’. Find out the features they provided under the scheme.
A)Small retailers who are operating for a minimum of 3 years are eligible under the scheme.
B)OD limit: The overall limit of OD was from Rs 50,000 toRs 10 lakhs.
C) Retailers who are operating less than 6 years, the upper limit will be Rs 7.5 lakhs and for those who are in more than 6 years, the limit is Rs 10 lakhs.
D)All the above
1) Only B
2) Only A
3) Only D
4) Only A & C
5) Only B & C
Answer-3) Only D
On July 26, 2021, HDFC Bank, the largest private lender of India, in collaboration with Common Services Centres (CSC) e-Governance India Ltd, Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV), launched an OverDraft (OD) scheme named ‘Dukandar Overdraft Scheme’ to provide financial assistance up to Rs 10 lakh to small retailers.
Features of Dukandar Overdraft Scheme:
i.Eligibility: Small retailers who are operating for a minimum of 3 years are eligible under the scheme.
ii.OD limit: The overall limit of OD was from Rs 50,000 to Rs 10 lakhs.
iii.Retailers who are operating less than 6 years, the upper limit will be Rs 7.5 lakhs and for those who are in more than 6 years, the limit is Rs 10 lakhs.
- Which credit rating agency has estimated that India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast in FY22 at the range of 8.8 to 9 percent?
2) Care Ratings
3) ICRA Limited
4) Fitch Ratings
Answer-2) Care Ratings
Care Ratings has estimated India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast in FY22 at the range of 8.8 to 9 percent. Indian economy contracted by 7.3 percent (-7.3) in FY21.
- Najib Mikati has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of which country?
1) Republic of Congo
Former Prime Minister(PM) NajibMikati has been appointed as the new Prime Minister-designate of Lebanon. He will succeed former PM Hassan Diab who resigned in August 2020. According to Forbes, with a net worth of 2.5 billion USD, NajibMikati is the richest man in Lebanon in 2021.
- A notable American 1979 Nobel Prize laurate Mr.Steven Weinberg was passed away. In which field did he win the “Noble Prize”?
American Nobel prize-winning physicist Steven Weinberg, the doyen of particle physics, the professor of Physics and Astronomy at The University of Texas, Austin has passed away at the age of 88 in Austin, Texas, United States of America (USA). He was born on 3rd May 1933 in New York, USA.
Steven Weinberg jointly won the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics with Sheldon Lee Glashow and Abdus Salam “for his contribution to the theory of the unified weak and electromagnetic interaction between elementary particles, including, inter alia, the prediction of the weak neutral current.”
- When was the 83rd Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF) Raising Day observed?
1) 24th July 20221
2) 25th July 20221
3) 26th July 20221
4) 27th July 20221
5) 28th July 20221
Answer-4) 27th July 20221
Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF), India’s largest Central Armed Police Force, under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) celebrates the 83rd CRPF Raising Day on 27th July 2021. The CRPF Raising Day is annually observed across India on 27th July to mark the establishment of the Force.
The day recognises the valour and professionalism of the CRPF and recognises their contribution to securing the internal security of India and maintaining peace.
- Where did discover a new Wingless Insect ‘Bionychiurustamilensis’?
1) Idukki, Kerala
3) Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu
4) Didihat ,Uttarakhand
5) Nagari Hills,Andhra Pradesh
Answer-3) Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu
Researchers from the Department of Zoology and Wildlife Biology, Government Arts College, Ooty have discovered a new Wingless Insect ‘Bionychiurustamilensis’ in the Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu (TN). The discovery has been published in the journal ‘Biologia’ published by Springer Nature (Lead Author – MuhsinaThunisa). There are only 6 species under the Genus ‘Bionychiurus’ across the world.