We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 28 July 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Central Govt to invest Rs 324 crore to set up over 42 VRDLsThe Central Government is all set to expand its lab testing infrastructure by establishing over 42 Virology Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDLs) at a cost of Rs 324 crore during the period of 15th Finance Commission (2021-22 to 2025-26).
- These will be set up under a Department of Health Research (DHR), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) scheme.
- The aim of the scheme is to expand coverage of timely diagnosis and virus identification in case of any epidemic, generation of data about viral diseases, and measures to save human lives.
Background of DHR Scheme:
The DHR scheme was approved by the Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC) in 2013 at an estimated cost of Rs 646.83 crores for the 12th Five-year plan period (2012–17). The Standing Finance Committee gave its approval to the scheme in 2017 at an estimated cost of Rs 488.5 crores for 14th Finance Commission Period (2017-18 to 2019-20). The scheme was extended by one year till 31 March, 2021, in order to tie it up with the 14th Finance Commission Period.
- Now in a recent standing finance committee meeting in March 2021, the scheme was further approved to be continued.
Targets of DHR Scheme:
i.The target of the scheme was reduced to 125 VRDLs (10 regional laboratories; 25 state level laboratories and 90 medical college level laboratories) from 160 during the 14th Finance Commission.
- As on 31st March 2021, a network of 124 VRDLs has been established.
MoST set up a first-of-its-kind ‘Centre of Excellence’ in the Northeast; Located in Kimin, Arunachal Pradeshi.The Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) will launch a first-of-its-kind Centre of Excellence (CoE) in the Northeast i.e. ‘Centre for Bio-Resources and Sustainable Development’ at Kimin in Papum Pare district of Arunachal Pradesh (AR).
ii.The establishment of the Centre was sanctioned by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), MoST and is already complete for formal inauguration.
iii.This decision has been taken to push digital initiatives in the north eastern states under the Centre’s flagship Digital India programme.
About Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST):
Dr Jitendra Singh Constituency– Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir
Departments– Department of Science & Technology (DST), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), and Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR)
Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India– Dr. Krishnaswamy VijayRaghavan
>>Read Full News
Citizen Engagement Platform ‘MyGov’ Celebrates 7th AnniversaryIndia’s Citizen Engagement Platform ‘MyGov’ celebrated the 7th Anniversary of its launch on July 26, 2021. The platform was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 26th July 2014 to promote the active participation of Indian citizens in their country’s governance and development.
- The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) conducted an event to highlight the contribution of MyGov in promoting participatory governance.
- The theme of the event was ‘MyGov Positive’ – promoting positive use of Social media.
- The platform is managed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
FOSS4GOV Innovation Challenge
i.During the event, Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister for MeitY & Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh announced the launch of FOSS4GOV Innovation Challenge (Free and Open Source Software). It invites FOSS innovators, technology entrepreneurs and Indian Startups to submit implementable open source product innovation in the fields of Health, Education, Urban Governance, Agriculture or any other field related to E-governance for public for 2 categories:
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
About Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY)
Union Minister – AshwiniVaishnaw (Rajya Sabha – Odisha)
MoS– Rajeev Chandrasekhar (Rajya Sabha – Karnataka)
>>Read Full News
INS Talwar to Participate in Exercise Cutlass Express 2021Indian Naval Ship (INS) Talwar visited Mombasa, Kenya to participate in Exercise Cutlass Express 2021 (CE21). The Annual Maritime Exercise is to be conducted from 26 July, 2021 to 6th August, 2021 along the East Coast of Africa.
- The Exercise is sponsored by the U.S. Africa Command and conducted by U.S. Naval Forces Africa (NAVAF). Indian Navy is participating in the exercise in a ‘trainer role’.
- 13 nations – Comoros, Djibouti, Georgia, India, Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, United Kingdom, and the US are participating in the exercise.
- The main objective of the exercise is to promote national and regional maritime security in East Africa and the Western Indian Ocean.
President – Uhuru Kenyatta
Capital – Nairobi
Currency – Kenyan Shilling (KES)
About U.S. Naval Forces Africa (NAVAF)
Commander – General Stephen J. Townsend (USA)
Headquarters – Naples, Italy
>>Read Full News
Rajnath Singh Flags in ARMEX-21 in New Delhi
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh flagged-in (ended) the Indian Army Skiing Expedition ‘ARMEX-21’ in New Delhi. The Expedition activity began at Karakoram Pass in Ladakh on March 10, 2021 and ended at Malari, Uttarakhandon July 06, 2021, covering 1,660 kms.
- The expedition was conducted to promote adventure activity in India. It was led by Major AK Singh.
- It was also launched for conducting research studies to publicize and consolidate India’s legitimate territorial claims in areas along the 3,488-km Line of Actual Control (LAC) bordering China.
Lohum Plans to Set up India’s Largest 3 GWh Li-ion Battery Factory
LohumCleantech, a lithium-ion(Li-ion) battery maker and a battery recycling solutions company, plans to set up India’s largest3 GWh Li-ion manufacturing as well as recycling plant in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh with an investment of Rs 300 crore within 18 months.
- It also plans to introduce a new recycling facility in Kandla, Gujarat.
- The key raw materials required for manufacturing a Li-ion battery are lithium, cobalt, nickel and graphite.
Philippines becomes World’s 1st Country to approve GM ‘Golden Rice’ for ProductionThe Philippines became the World’s 1st Country to approve Genetically Modified (GM) ‘Golden Rice’ for Commercial Production. The GM rice will help in increasing the rice productivity in the country.
- It has been developed by the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in partnership with the Department of Agriculture-Philippine Rice Research Institute.
- The rice variety approved by the Philippines is enriched with Vitamin A-precursor beta-carotene to make it more nutritional. In the Philippines, around 17% of children under the age of 5 are deficient in Vitamin A.
- Rice will help in combating childhood blindness and save lives in the developing world.
- Crops like rice, wheat, soybeans, and other fruits and vegetables have a naturally occurring fault in the way they photosynthesize that causes the plants to use up energy and resources, drastically decreasing the productivity.
- Golden Rice was first conceived by Professors Ingo Potrykus and Peter Beyer in the late 1980s.
Importance of Vitamin A
The Vitamin A enriched in the rice is essential for normal growth and development, and for proper functioning of the immune system, and vision.
- According to WHO, Vitamin A deficiency causes up to 500,000 cases of
Childhood blindness every year.
President – Rodrigo Duterte
Capital – Manila
Currency – Philippine peso
BANKING & FINANCE
HDFC Bank, CSC Launched OD Facility up to Rs 10 lakh for Small Retailers On July 26, 2021, HDFC Bank, the largest private lender of India, in collaboration with Common Services Centres (CSC) e-Governance India Ltd, Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV), launched an OverDraft (OD) scheme named ‘Dukandar Overdraft Scheme’ to provide financial assistance up to Rs 10 lakh to small retailers.
Features of Dukandar Overdraft Scheme:
i.Eligibility: Small retailers who are operating for a minimum of 3 years are eligible under the scheme.
ii.OD limit: The overall limit of OD was from Rs 50,000 to Rs 10 lakhs. For shops that are operational for less than 6 years, the upper limit will be Rs 7.5 lakhs and for those who are in business for more than 6 years,the limit is Rs 10 lakhs.
About CSC Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV):
CSC SPV, the government’s e-governance services delivery arm was set up by the Ministry of Electronics & IT under the Companies Act, 1956 to oversee the implementation of the CSC scheme.
MD – Dinesh Kumar Tyagi
>>Read Full News
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Care Ratings Projected India’s GDP Growth Forecast in FY22 at 8.8 to 9%Care Ratings has estimated India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast in FY22 at the range of 8.8 to 9 percent. Indian economy contracted by 7.3 percent (-7.3) in FY21.
Estimated Projections for FY22 by Care Ratings:
|GVA (gross value added) growth||7.8%|
|Fiscal Deficit||Rs 17.38 to Rs 17.68 lakh crore|
|Non-performing Assets (NPAs) of banks||10-10.5%|
|Foreign Portfolio Investment (FPI)||USD 18-22 billion; lower than FY21|
|Foreign Exchange Reserves||USD 620-630 billion|
- The CPI (Consumer Price Index)-based inflation was expected to be elevated at around 6 percent.
- For a nominal GDP of Rs 222.9 lakh crore, the fiscal deficit ratio is expected to be in the range of 7.8-7.9 percent of GDP.
About Care Ratings:
Establishment – April 1993
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Mr. Ajay Mahajan
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Kandla Became 1st Green SEZ to Achieve ICBC Green Cities Platinum Rating
On July 26, 2021, Kandla Special Economic Zone (KASEZ) was awarded Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) Green Cities Platinum Rating for successfully achieving the green city standards through Green master planning, policy initiatives, and implementation of green infrastructure.
- KASEZ became the 1stGreen SEZ to achieve such a rating for Existing Cities. The IGBC Platinum rating was awarded by the Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) IGBC.
- The rating plaque was presented to the KASEZ’s team SatyadeepMahapatra, Joint Development Commissioner and Chandan Singh, Appraiser in the presence of senior officials of the Department of Commerce and DGFT (Directorate General of Foreign Trade)
- The initiatives undertaken by KASEZ for water conservation and afforestation in the Bhuj region of Gujarat was also appreciated.
- The achievement of KASEZ is considered as a commitment under [email protected] – AzadikaAmrutMahotsav.
Note – The [email protected] – AzadikaAmrutMahotsav, is a series of events to be organised by the Government of India to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence.
What is SEZ?
i.SEZs policy was launched in April 2000 in the Export and Import (EXIM) Policy to attract larger foreign investments in India
ii.SEZ Act, 2005, supported by SEZ Rules, came into effect on 10th February 2006 with objectives to promote exports, investment (domestic & foreign), generate additional economic activity, and employment creation.
i.It was Asia’s 1st Export Processing Zone (EPZ) set up in 1965 and now it is considered as India’s largest multi-product functional SEZ.
ii.The SEZ is located at the port town Gandhidham, Gujarat, 9kms away from Kandla port and 60 Kms from Adani Port in Gujarat.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Former PM NajibMikati Named as the New PM-Designate of LebanonFormer Prime Minister(PM) NajibMikati has been appointed as the new Prime Minister-designate of Lebanon. He will succeed former PM Hassan Diab who resigned in August 2020. According to Forbes, with a net worth of 2.5 billion USD, NajibMikati is the richest man in Lebanon in 2021.
- NajibMikati is supported by many political parties including Future Movement, Amal Movement, Hezbollah, Marada Movement and Progressive Socialist Party.
i.Following the resignation of Hassan Diab, PM-designate Mustafa Adib and Saad Hariri failed to form the government.
ii.PM-designate Saad Hariri resigned as the PM-designate in July 2021.
iii.NajibMikati got 72 votes in the parliament of 118 members.
NajibMikati has previously served as the Prime Minister of Lebanon in 2005 and from 2011 to 2014.
He has also served as the Minister of Public Works and Transport from 1998 to 2004.
President– Michel Aoun
Currency– Lebanese Pound
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Govt to Sell 8% Stake in HUDCO via OFS to Raise Around Rs 720 croreThe government is set to sell 8% of stakes in Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd (HUDCO), a Public Sector Company(PSC) under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), through an offer for sale(OFS), to raise around Rs 720 crores.
- President of India, Ram NathKovind, acting through MoHUA, approved the sale of shares in HUDCO through the OFS route.
- After the sale of stakes, the Government’s holdings in HUDCO will be reduced to 81.81% if it uses the greenshoe option.
i.This offer of the government to sell around 110 million shares (5.5% stakes) in HUDCO opens for non-retail investors on 27th July 2021, with an additional 2.5% stakes as a Greenshoe option.
ii.The floor price for the sale is Rs 45 per equity share to raise Rs 720 crore.
The non-retail investors get an option to carry forward their unallocated bids to the next day for allocation from unsubscribed portions for retail investors.
i.In this financial year, this is the 2nd time for the government to sell its stake in a PSU through OFS.
ii.Previously the government has sold its shares in NMDC Limited through OFS to meet its Rs 1.75 trillion divestment.
About Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd (HUDCO):
HUDCO is a techno-financing public sector enterprise, in the field of housing and infrastructure development in India.
Chairman & Managing Director– Kamran Rizvi
Headquarters– New Delhi
Axis Bank, ICICI, HDFC Bank Bought Stake in IBBIC Private sector lenders HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank have bought a stake in Indian Banks’ Blockchain Infrastructure Co (IBBIC) Pvt Ltd, a financial technology firm.
- HDFC Bank and Axis Bank have picked up 50,000 equity shares amounting to 5.55 percent of the issued and paid-up capital of IBBIC. HDFC Bank and Axis Bank invested Rs 5 lakh each for the shares.
- ICICI Bank has subscribed to 49,000 equity shares constituting 5.44 percent of the issued and paid-up share capital of IBBIC. It paid Rs 4.9 lakh for the shares.
IBBIC Pvt Ltd:
i.The 15 banks including State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and 12 others have formed IBBIC Pvt Ltd company to ease the process of Letters of Credit, GST invoices, and e-way bills.
iii.IBBIC provides Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) solutions for the financial services sector, it will enable secure functioning of a decentralised digital database by storing information securely using cryptography.
About Indian Banks’ Blockchain Infrastructure Co (IBBIC) Pvt Ltd:
Establishment – May 2021
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
About Axis Bank:
Establishment –1993 (Commenced operation –1994)
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Amitabh Chaudhry
Tagline – BadhtikaNaamZindagi
Edtech Company Byju’s Acquired Great Learning for 600 Million USD
Byju’s, Indian Educational technology(Edtech) company based in Bengaluru has acquired the Singapore based higher education platform “Great Learning” for 600 million USD(around Rs 4466 Crore) andafter-school learning app “Toppr” for 150 million USD(around Rs 1117 crore).
- Byju’s is set to invest an additional 400 million USD to accelerate the growth of “Great Learning”.
In 2021, Byju’s has acquired 6 startups across India and the United State(US) and in the past 6 months the company has spent more than 2 billion USD on acquisition.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
IIT-K’s ‘C3iHub’ launched 1st cohort of Startups & R&D investigators for Cyber Security SolutionsThe technology innovation hub on cyber security at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT-K) namely ‘C3iHub’ launched the first cohort comprising 13 start-ups for incubation and 25 R&D (Research & Development) principal investigators research programs to develop services and products for cyber security domains.
- The launch was made during an event which was attended by Professor Ashutosh Sharma, secretary, Department of science and technology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- The critical cyber security domains include UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles) or drones security, block chain, intrusion detection and cyber physical system.
Reason behind this Cohort:
The cutting-edge technology in cyber security needs protection of digital assets, common public, government, and industry. Notably, in June 2021, an IAF (Indian Air Force) base in Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir) was attacked using drones.
- To counter these kinds of attacks there is a need for Make-in India cyber security solutions which will be developed by this cohort.
- A large number of these start-ups will also be working on anti-drone technology for protection of Indian border areas from neighbouring countries.
i.The cohort was selected through a rigorous application process.
ii.They will be supported by C3iHub for innovations in the cyber security space.
iii.C3iHub aims to develop technologies for cyber security, work with industry and nucleate start-ups to deploy them, and train a new generation of cyber security experts
Prof. Sandeep Verma, secretary, Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB); Prof. AR Harish, Dean, R&D, IIT-Kanpur; Nikhil Agarwal, CEO (Chief Executive Officer), C3iHub, IIT-Kanpur, among others.
Scientists from India, Russia, Brazil, South Africa will collaborate to develop Covid-19 drugCollaboration will be made between the scientists from India, Russia, Brazil and South Africa to develop or repurpose drugs against Covid-19. This partnership will comprise experts from bioinformatics, organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, drug screening and parasitologists.
- The research to be done under this partnership will be supported by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST).
i.As a team, they will work together to repurpose, validate and synthesize lead compounds against main protease and RNA (Ribonucleic acid) replicas, the enzyme that catalyses the replication of RNA of SARS-CoV-2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2).
ii.Under this, the sharing of efforts, knowledge and experience will enhance the health system and health care in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) countries.
iii.The scientists will work towards inhibiting maturation and propagation of viruses during the infection in the host cells which can help produce new COVID-19 medicines with improved production methods.
New Wingless Insect Species ‘BionychiurusTamilensis’ discovered in Nilgiris, TNResearchers from the Department of Zoology and Wildlife Biology, Government Arts College, Ooty have discovered a new Wingless Insect ‘Bionychiurustamilensis’ in the Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu (TN). The discovery has been published in the journal ‘Biologia’ published by Springer Nature (Lead Author – MuhsinaThunisa).
i.The insect is endemic to Nilgiris and has been named Bionychiurustamilensis as it was recorded in TN).
ii.There are only 6 species under the Genus ‘Bionychiurus’ across the world.
- The 6 species have been reported only from cold high-altitude regions of Switzerland, China and South Korea.
i.It is a 1 mm-long flightless insect. It decomposes waste materials to nutrients and nourishes the soil.
ii.It was first observed in 2018 in the soil samples collected from Ooty Government Arts College Campus. It showed its presence in grasslands and unpolluted humus soil samples.
- The Male and female specimens of the species are deposited in the Zoological Survey of India in Kolkata for future reference.
Steven Weinberg American Nobel Laureate & Doyen of Particle Physics Passed AwayAmerican Nobel prize-winning physicist Steven Weinberg, the doyen of particle physics, the professor of Physics and Astronomy at The University of Texas, Austin has passed away at the age of 88 in Austin, Texas, United States of America(USA). He was born on 3rd May 1933 in New York, USA.
About Steven Weinberg:
i.Steven Weinberg has served as the professor of Physics at Harvard University and asthe visiting professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT).
ii.He has been a senior scientist at the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory from 1973 to 1983.
i.Steven Weinberg jointly won the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics with Sheldon Lee Glashow and Abdus Salam “for his contribution to the theory of the unified weak and electromagnetic interaction between elementary particles, including, inter alia, the prediction of the weak neutral current.”
ii.National Medal of Science(Physical Sciences) in 1991
iii.Benjamin Franklin Medal for Distinguished Achievement in the Sciences Recipients in 2004.
He has published more than 350 scientific and other articles, and 15 books including,The First Three Minutes—A Modern View of the Origin of the Universe (1977); Dreams of a Final Theory (1993) and To Explain the World – The Discovery of Modern Science (2015).
83rd Central Reserve Police Force Raising Day – 27th July 2021The Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF), India’s largest Central Armed Police Force, under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) celebrates the 83rd CRPF Raising Day on 27th July 2021. The CRPF Raising Day is annually observed across India on 27th July to mark the establishment of the Force.
The day recognises the valour and professionalism of the CRPF and recognises their contribution to securing the internal security of India and maintaining peace.
The Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF) came into existence as ‘Crown Representative’s Police’ on 27th July 1939.
The force was renamed as the Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF) by an Act of Parliament on December 28, 1949.
About Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF):
Headquarters- New Delhi
About Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA):
Union Minister– Amit Shah(Constituency- Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat)
Minister of State-Nityanand Rai(Constituency- Ujiarpur, Bihar), Ajay Kumar Mishra(Constituency- Kheri, Uttar Pradesh)
>>Read Full News
Puri Became India’s 1st City to Provide 24×7 Drinking Tap Water through Sujal ProjectOn July 26, 2021, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the ‘Sujal -Drink-from-Tap’ project in Puri, the coastal city in Odisha to provide 24×7 piped pure drinking water. Through the launch, Puri has become the 1st city in India to implement such a project.
- Under the project, water fountains have been developed at 400 locations in Puri for the people of Puri to avail high-quality drinking water directly from the tap on a 24-hour basis without any storage or filter.
- The project would benefit 2.5 lakh citizens of Puri and 2 crore tourists who would visit the tourist place every year.
- The drinking water will be sourced from the Mangala river in Puri.
Capital – Bhubaneswar
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Ramsar Sites – Chilika Lake, Bhitarkanika Mangroves
>>Read Full News
MP Govt Prepares Ayush-based Economic Upgradation Scheme –DevaranyaYojanaMadhya Pradesh (MP) Chief MinisterShivraj Singh Chouhan stated about the state’s preparation of an AYUSH-based economic upgradation scheme named ‘DevaranyaYojana’.
- Objective: To improve the people’s health and livelihood of tribals through Ayurveda.
- Under the scheme, AYUSH medicinal plants will be planted at the rural level by self-help groups to develop a complete value chain of production of AYUSH medicines and it will also promote Wellness tourism.
- Through AYUSH and tourism, the scheme would increase employment opportunities in tribal areas.
- More than 360 new AYUSH health and wellness centres are being established in the state.
- In November 2020, the World Health Organisation (WHO) announced its intention to set up a Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in India, hence, the current scheme of MP will support that.
Note – AYUSH – Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy
About Madhya Pradesh:
UNESCO heritage sites – Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi, Khajuraho Group of Monuments, Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka
Ramsar Wetland Sites – Bhoj Wetlands
TPCODL partners with CSC to facilitate Online Payment in Rural Areas Tata Power Central Odisha Distribution Ltd (TPCODL) is set to partner with Common Service Centres (CSCs) under the Digital India Programme to facilitate online payment of electricity bills in rural areas.
- The collaboration will help rural consumers to pay their bills online through CSCs and Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs).
- TPCODL is a Joint Venture between Tata Power and the Government of Odisha.
- In Odisha around 5,800 CSCs and VLEs are operating in areas where TPCODL supplies electricity.
About Tata Power Central Odisha Distribution Ltd (TPCODL)
CEO – M. Shenbagam
Headquarters – Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Avigna Group signs MoU with TN to invest INR 837 Crore
Avigna Industrial & Logistics Park signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tamil Nadu (TN) to invest INR 837 crore in the state for developing Industrial parks.
- The MoU was signed by Managing Director Rajasekaran S & Executive Director AbhijitVerma from Avigna Group and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin.
- Avigna is also set to start operations of their 1st of its kind food terminal market near Chennai.
Click Here View – AC Excluded News 2021
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 28 July 2021|
|1||Central Govt to invest Rs 324 crore to set up over 42 VRDLs|
|2||MoST set up a first-of-its-kind ‘Centre of Excellence’ in the Northeast; Located in Kimin, Arunachal Pradesh|
|3||Citizen Engagement Platform ‘MyGov’ Celebrates 7th Anniversary|
|4||INS Talwar to Participate in Exercise Cutlass Express 2021|
|5||Rajnath Singh Flags in ARMEX-21 in New Delhi|
|6||Lohum Plans to Set up India’s Largest 3 GWh Li-ion Battery Factory|
|7||Philippines becomes World’s 1st Country to approve GM ‘Golden Rice’ for Production|
|8||HDFC Bank, CSC Launched OD Facility up to Rs 10 lakh for Small Retailers|
|9||Care Ratings Projected India’s GDP Growth Forecast in FY22 at 8.8 to 9%|
|10||Kandla Became 1st Green SEZ to Achieve ICBC Green Cities Platinum Rating|
|11||Former PM NajibMikati Named as the New PM-Designate of Lebanon|
|12||Govt to Sell 8% Stake in HUDCO via OFS to Raise Around Rs 720 crore|
|13||Axis Bank, ICICI, HDFC Bank Bought Stake in IBBIC|
|14||Edtech Company Byju’s Acquired Great Learning for 600 Million USD|
|15||IIT-K’s ‘C3iHub’ launched 1st cohort of Startups & R&D investigators for Cyber Security Solutions|
|16||Scientists from India, Russia, Brazil, South Africa will collaborate to develop Covid-19 drug|
|17||New Wingless Insect Species ‘BionychiurusTamilensis’ discovered in Nilgiris, TN|
|18||Steven Weinberg American Nobel Laureate & Doyen of Particle Physics Passed Away|
|19||83rd Central Reserve Police Force Raising Day – 27th July 2021|
|20||Puri Became India’s 1st City to Provide 24×7 Drinking Tap Water through Sujal Project|
|21||MP Govt Prepares Ayush-based Economic Upgradation Scheme – DevaranyaYojana|
|22||TPCODL partners with CSC to facilitate Online Payment in Rural Areas|
|23||Avigna Group signs MoU with TN to invest INR 837 Crore|