India’s Citizen Engagement Platform ‘MyGov’ celebrated the 7th Anniversary of its launch on July 26, 2021. The platform was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 26th July 2014 to promote the active participation of Indian citizens in their country’s governance and development.
- The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) conducted an event to highlight the contribution of MyGov in promoting participatory governance.
- The theme of the event was ‘MyGov Positive’ – promoting positive use of Social media.
- The platform is managed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
i.It has more than 185 lakh registered users on MyGov platform. Using the platform, citizens give their ideas and suggestions on various policy issues.
ii.Dissemination of timely and authentic information has been one of the strong points of the MyGov platform.
iii.It has helped in battling the fake news around COVID-19 by employing the MyGov Corona Helpdesk (Chatbot on WhatsApp).
Launch of ‘MyGov’ Uttar Pradesh
During the event, ‘MyGov’ Uttar Pradesh (‘MyGov-Meri Sarkar’ portal) was launched by Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister for MeitY & Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh(UP).
- The people of the state can give various feedbacks to the government and the UP government can also inform them about the various schemes of the state through this portal.
- It will further enhance the engagement of the common citizens of the state with the Uttar Pradesh state government.
FOSS4GOV Innovation Challenge
i.During the event,announced the launch of FOSS4GOV Innovation Challenge (Free and Open Source Software).
ii.#FOSS4GOVInnovation Challenge invites FOSS innovators, technology entrepreneurs and Indian Startups to submit implementable open source product innovation in the fields of Health, Education, Urban Governance, Agriculture or any other field related to E-governance for public for 2 categories:
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
iii.It will be conducted in 5 phases and the top winning teams in each of the two categories (CRM and ERP) will receive INR 20 Lakhs each, the 2nd team will receive INR 15 Lakhs and the 3rd team will receive INR 10 Lakhs as prize money from MeitYStartUp Hub.
- US-based Omidyar network will provide a special prize of INR 5 lakh in each category for best citizen centric safeguards.
Recent Related News:
April 23, 2021, MeitY has announced an Innovation Challenge #FOSS4GOV to accelerate the adoption of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in Government.
About Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY)
Union Minister – AshwiniVaishnaw (Rajya Sabha – Odisha)
MoS– Rajeev Chandrasekhar (Rajya Sabha – Karnataka)