AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 & 27 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the total number of teams constituted by central government (Ministry of Home Affairs) to reviewcoronavirus spread across states (as on April 24, 2020)?
5) 9Answer-4) 11
With lockdown violations in several districts of the country posing a serious threat to the lives of common people, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has constituted 5 new Inter-Ministerial Central Teams (IMCTs) to review the grave situation arising out of Coronavirus (COVID-19), taking the total of such teams to 11.
- Name the Indian state which has launched ‘Dhanwantari’ scheme under which locally unavailable medicines will be delivered to patients at home.
5) AssamAnswer-5) Assam
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is now rampant across the country & many people are now in dire straits without getting the required medicine in their area during the lockdown. In view of this, the Assam state government’s health department has launched a special scheme called ‘Dhanwantari’, under which locally unavailable medicines will be delivered to patients at home. This medicine is free up to 200 rupees.
- Which Indian state’s CM has re-launched the zero-interest loan scheme for Women Self-Help Groups?
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer-1) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh (AP) Chief Minister (CM) Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy re-launchedYSR zero interest loan scheme for Women Self-Help Groups(SHGs) by releasing a sum of Rs 1,400 crores to 8.78 lakh SHGs (to benefit about 91 lakh members) for the welfare of women.
- Name the Bank which partnered with All India Management Association (AIMA) to organize workshop named “The Contract Management during Emergency situations”.
1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
2) Standard Chartered Bank
3) World Bank
4) New Development Bank
5) Asian Development BankAnswer-3) World Bank
World Bank (WB) has joined hands with AIMA (All India Management Association), one of the most renowned business schools in India, to organize a virtual workshop called “The Contract Management during Emergency situations” with the aim to create awareness about the likely impact of the coronavirus (COVID -19) pandemic on the implementation of the bank-funded projects.
- Name the first non-bank company which gets RBI nod to enter into co-branding arrangements for prepaid Instruments.
1) Transcorp International Limited
2) Indian Oil Corporation
3) Simpleclick International Limited
4) Yatra International Limited
5) Etihad guest International LimitedAnswer-1) Transcorp International Limited
The Leading forex and payment solutions provider Transcorp International Limited (TIL), a 25 year old BSE-listed company becomes the 1st non-bank company to receive Reserve Bank of India (RBI) nod to enter into co-branding arrangements for prepaid Instruments to be used in over 35 lakh stores and online gateways due to the current outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
- What is India’s Gross Value Added (GVA) of India for FY21 as per the estimation of Care ratings?
5) 1.6%Answer-2) 1.4%
CARE Ratings has projected the gross domestic product (GDP) of India for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020-2021 between 1.1%-1.2% amid nationwide lockdown resulting in disruptions and halting of activities. The lockdown was announced on March 24 for 21 days, which has now been extended until May 3, 2020. Gross Value Added (GVA) has been estimated to grow at 1.4% for FY21. Overall growth is expected to be driven only by the government expenditure.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC).
1) Sudhir Bhargava
2) Bimal Julka
3) Suresh Patel
5) Sanjay KothariAnswer-5) Sanjay Kothari
Sanjay Kothari, the secretary to the President, was on Saturday appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, head of the country’s anti-corruption watchdog CVC, according to a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique. The post of the chief of the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) had been lying vacant since June last year after completion of K V Chowdary’s tenure.
- Name the institute which topped among Indian institutes in Times Higher Education (THE)’s 2nd edition of Impact rankings 2020 (University of Auckland ranked top).
1) IIT Kanpur
2) IIT Kharagpur
3) IIT Bombay
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT CalcuttaAnswer-2) IIT Kharagpur
According to Times Higher Education (THE)’s 2nd edition of Impact rankings 2020, which has ranked 766 universities from 85 countries, The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur is ranked 57th with a score of 87.9 among global universities. The list is topped by the University of Auckland, New Zealand with a score of 98.5, followed by University of Sydney (98.1), Western Sydney University(97.9) in Australia.
Rank University Name Country Score 57 IIT Kharagpur India 87.9 1 University of Auckland New Zealand 98.5 2 University of Sydney Australia 98.1 3 Western Sydney University Australia 97.9 4 La Trobe University Australia 96.6 5 Arizona State University(Temple) United States 96.3
- In which Indian Navaratna CPSE the ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund Bharat-22 ETF picks up share worth Rs.59 Crore?
1) Power Finance Corporation (PFC)
2) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
3) National Aluminium Company (NALCO)
4) NBCC (India) Limited
5) National Mineral Development Corporation (MMDC)Answer-3) National Aluminium Company (NALCO)
Prudential Mutual Fund Bharat-22 ETF of ICICI picked up share of value Rs.59 Crore in the National Aluminium Company (NALCO) through the open market transaction.The National Stock Exchange said that more than 1.71 crore shares were bought at an average of Rs.34.43 apiece.
- IIFL Wealth Management has acquired 100% equity shares of Larsen & Toubro Capital Markets (LTCM), Where is the HQ of L&T located?
5) MumbaiAnswer-5) Mumbai
IIFL Wealth Management has acquired 100% equity shares of Larsen & Toubro Capital Markets(LTCM), a wholly-owned subsidiary of L&T Finance Holdings for Rs 230 crores plus available cash balance of LTCM after receiving requisite regulatory approvals. The HQ of L&T located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Which among central armed police force (CAPF) has launched ‘e-karyalay’ (e-office) application to enable the movement of files and documents without physical touch.
1) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
2) Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
3) Border Security Force (BSF)
4) National Security Guard (NSG)
5) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)Answer-5) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) launched ‘e-karyalay’ an electronic office application to enable the movement of files and documents without physical touch so as to prevent coronavirus infection.
- In collaboration with which space agency the United States Geological Survey along with Lunar Planetary Institute released the first ever digital map of the moon named “Unified Geologic Map of the Moon”.
1) European Space Agency
2) Russian Federation Space Agency
3) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
4) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
5) Indian Space Research OrganisationAnswer-3) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The scientists from USGS (United States Geological Survey) Astrogeology Science Center, in collaboration with NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) and the Lunar Planetary Institute have virtually released the first ever digital, unified, global, geological map of the moon namely “Unified Geologic Map of the Moon”.
- Name the institute which has developed magnetic nanoparticle-based RNA extraction kit for PCR and LAMP tests for COVID-19.
1) S.N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology
3) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
4) Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
5) Institute for Advanced Studies in Science TechnologyAnswer-2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), an Institution of National Importance under the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India has developed ribonucleic acid (RNA) extraction kit namely “Chitra Magna” for segregating RNA from swabs samples for COVID-19 tests that will enhance the chances of identifying positive cases of the contagion.The Institute has filed for a patent for this technology.
- Which Indian institute has developed the first probe free real time PCR diagnostic assay for detecting the COVID-19?
5) IIT-KanpurAnswer-2) IIT-Delhi
The Researchers at Kusuma School of Biological Sciences (KSBS) of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, develops the first probe free real time PCR diagnostic assay for detecting the COVID-19 to help reduce the cost of testing has got approval from the Indian Medical Council of Medical Researches (IMCR).
- On occasion of Chinese space day April 24, 2020, the china has named its 1st mars exploration mission as _________.
5) Tainwen-1Answer-5) Tainwen-1
China National Space Administration (CNSA) has named its first Mars exploration mission as “Tainwen-1” and also released its logo “Lanxingjiutian” during the online celebration of “Space Day” which marks the 50th anniversary of the launch of the country’s first satellite Dong Fang Hong-1 in 1970.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, of which state has developed semantic search engine “Vilokana” to enable researchers to get deeper insights into scientific studies?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) MaharashtraAnswer-3) Kerala
The Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management- Kerala (IIITM-K) has developed an AI (Artificial Intelligence) semantic search engine “Vilokana” to enable researchers to get deeper insights into scientific studies and to find an early solution to the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Astronomers of Brazil have discovered 19 interstellar asteroids orbiting the sun between Jupiter and Neptune. The findings were published in which journal/notice?
3) The BMJ
4) Journal of Astronomy
5) Royal Astronomical SocietyAnswer-5) Royal Astronomical Society
Astronomers at the UniversidadeEstadualPaulista in Brazil, have discovered 19 interstellar asteroids (asteroids from outside our solar system) orbiting the sun between Jupiter and Neptune.The findings have been published in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society & the lead author of the study was FathiNamouni.
- Olympics silver medallist of Denmark, Mathias Boe has announced retirement recently. He belongs to which sports?
5) ArcheryAnswer-4) Badminton
Mathias Boe, 39 years old, badminton doubles player from Denmark announced retirement from international badminton. He won silver medals at the 2012 London Olympics and 2013 World Championships.
- Cricketer Sana Mir who announced retirement recently, is the former captain of which country?
4) West Indies
5) AfghanistanAnswer-2) Pakistan
Former Women Cricket team Captain, Sana Mir announced her retirement from international cricket at the age of 34, ending her 15-year career currently ranking 9th in ICC’s ODI and 41st in T20I bowlers list
- UshaGanguly who passed away recently is _________.
1) Law Maker
4) Theatre Actor
5) ArchitectAnswer-4) Theatre Actor
UshaGanguly, was an Indian theatre director-actor and activist, most known for her work in Hindi theatre in the 1970s and 1980s, passed away at the age of 75 in Kolkata, West Bengal. She was born in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (UP) in 1945.
- On which year the 1stInternational Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace was observed on April 24?
5) 2015Answer-2) 2019
International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace is observed on April 24 annually to support the UN (united Nations) Charter and its principles of resolving disputes among nations through peaceful means. The day was first observed on April 24, 2019.
- The world malaria day was observed annually on April 25. What is the theme for world malaria day 2020?
1) “End Malaria For Good”
2) “LETS Close The Gap”
3) “Invest in the future: defeat malaria”
4) “Ready to Beat Malaria”
5) “Zero Malaria Starts with Me”Answer-5) “Zero Malaria Starts with Me”
World Malaria Day was observed every year on April 25 to recognise the global efforts made to control malaria and to commemorate the Africa Malaria Day. It is one of the eight official global public health campaigns recognised by the World Health Organisation (WHO). The theme of World Malaria Day 2020 is “Zero Malaria Starts with Me”.
- The 1st Official UN delegate’s day was observed on _____.
1) April 22
2) April 24
3) April 21
4) April 25
5) April 23Answer-4) April 25
The United Nations (UN) organized the first official International Delegate’s Day on April 25, 2020 and this year it is a special observance because it also marks the 75th anniversary of the San-Francisco Conference, an event that laid the foundations of the United Nations (UN).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the HQ of United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) located? Answer-Washington DC, US
India recently came down hard on the US Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF – Washington DC, US) for its criticism of the country based on a “misguided” report that COVID-19 patients in a hospital in Ahmedabad were segregated on the basis of their religious identities.
- Yakshagana is the traditional theatre form in which Indian state? Answer-Karnataka
The government has banned Yakshagana shows across coastal Karnataka and Malnad districts to prevent community spread of COVID-19. Using the forced holiday, a group of artistes near Mangaluru have shot a Yakshagana performance on COVID-19 and have uploaded the video on social media to create awareness.
- Nameri national park is in which state? Answer-Assam
- Who is the President of China? Answer-Xi Jinping
- Where is the HQ of National Aluminium Company (NALCO) located? Answer-Bhubaneswar, Odisha