AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the 1st state in India which has software based in-house virtual court facility.
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (UP) becomes the 1st state with a software-based in-house facility of virtual courts, where a requisite infrastructure in Allahabad High Court and all district courts of Uttar Pradesh to hear cases through video conferencing as there is lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic outbreak.
- The Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) under the Ministry of Finance has notified changes in FDI policy, 2017 are amended under Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA). The FEMA is originally constituted in which year?
5) 1987Answer-3) 1999
As we have notified earlier that the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) under the Ministry of Finance has made changes in the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy, 2017, which made prior approval of the government mandatory for foreign investments from countries that share border with India, to prevent opportunistic takeover of domestic firms amid COVID-19 pandemic under the under Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999.
- The Department of Expenditure under Ministry of Finance has frozen which allowances for 1.1 crore employees and pensioners due from January 1, 2020 to fight covid-19.
1) Dearness Allowance (DA)
2) Dearness Relief (DR)
3) Travel Allowance (TA)
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
The Department of Expenditure, under the finance ministry has stated that the central government has frozen the Dearness Allowance (DA) & Dearness Relief (DR), an inflation-linked allowance to its 1.1 crore employees & pensioners respectively due from January 1, 2020 to combat the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak.
- What are the sections that are suspended by government in IBC (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code), 2016 for 1year to avoid insolvency proceedings?
1) Section 7, 8, 9
2) Section 7, 9, 10
3) Section 6, 10, 11
4) Section 1, 2, 5
5) Section 4, 5, 9Answer-2) Section 7, 9, 10
The government has decided to amend the IBC (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code), 2016 by suspending the provisions that results in insolvency proceedings against defaulters, for a period upto one year. This will act as a relief measure for corporate borrowers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic as well as pave the way for banks to restructure loans.Govt decides to suspend up to 1 year IBC provisions In this regard, an ordinance would be promulgated to suspend three sections of IBC viz. Section 7, 9 and 10 for six months, if the current situation continues beyond April 30, 2020, and the suspension time can be extended up to one year based on the economic situation. The effective date of the amendments coming into force would be the date of promulgation of the ordinance.
- What is the coal production target of the country for the Financial Year 2020-21 as per Union Coal and Mines Minister Pralhad Joshi?
1) 710 MT
2) 1000 MT
3) 920 MT
4) 655 MT
5) 840 MTAnswer-1) 710 MT
Union Minister of Coal and Mines Pralhad Joshi has set the target for Coal India Limited (CIL) to produce 710 million tonnes (MT) of coal for FY 2020-2021. The decision has been taken on the lines of achieving 1 billion tonne (BT) coal production by year 2023-24 and also the demand of coal will be accelerated after coronavirus lockdown.
- Name the scheme which was launched by PM Modi on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day on April 24, 2020 (also launched e-Gram swaraj Portal & Mobile app).
5) SaubhagyaAnswer-4) Swamitva
On the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th of April 2020, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Damodardas Modi has launched the Swamitva (Ownership) Scheme as well as an integrated e-Gram swaraj Portal & Mobile app for accelerating the pace of development in India’s villages. The Scheme uses drones in mapping of properties in villages. This will end confusion and quarrels over property. This will help in planning development works in the village. Apart from this, like in cities, now people will be able to take loans from banks even in villages. It has been developed by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj in collaboration with Survey of India and State Panchayati Raj Department, State Revenue Department, using the latest drone-based survey technology.
- Union Health minister Harsh Vardhan has participated virtual interactive sessions with health minister of World Health Organisation (WHO) countries. What is the number of member countries in WHO?
5) 189Answer-4) 194
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), participated in the Virtual interactive session with Health Ministers of member countries of World Health Organization (WHO) on the measures being taken against the battle of COVID-19. There are 194 member countries in WHO.
- To which Indian state world bank approved Rs. 585 Crore for upgradation of roads and modernization of public works department (PWD)?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-5) Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project (HPSRTP) will receive a funding of US$82 million (Rs 585 crore) from World Bank (WB) for the upgradation of major roads and modernization of the Public Works Department (PWD) in Himachal Pradesh (HP).
- Which Insurance company has partnered with smart health company GOQii to launch preventive healthcare platform named ‘BAGIC GOQii Co-pay Option’?
1) SBI Life Insurance
2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
3) Acko General Insurance
4) Bharti AXA General Insurance
5) Cholamandalam MS General InsuranceAnswer-2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance launched a preventive healthcare platform ‘BAGIC GOQii Co-pay Option’ in partnership with a smart health company GOQii under the regulatory sandbox approval from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).Objective of the product– to reward the customers with a healthy lifestyle in the form of co-pay deduction in their health insurance policy named Health Ensure policy.
- SIDBI has launched special liquidity schemes to support MSME during lockdown. Where is the HQ of SIDBI located?
5) MumbaiAnswer-3) Lucknow
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has launched special liquidity schemes to support Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) due to lockdown because of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. The schemes will cover all eligible entities with investment-grade ratings irrespective of the entity’s size & the quantum of the loans is 90 days.Headquarters– Lucknow.
- Three panchayats in J&K has got recognition in Panchayat Awards 2020 on occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day on April 24, 2020. Who is the present Panchayat Raj minister?
1) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
2) Narendra Singh Tomar
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Smriti Irani
5) Nirmala SitharamanAnswer-2) Narendra Singh Tomar
On the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th of April 2020, three Panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Union Territory-UT has clinched national awards under separate categories for their outstanding performance in strengthening rural democracy.Union Minister– Narendra Singh Tomar.
- India has participated South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) health ministers conference. Name the countries which hosted the conference.
3) Sri Lanka
5) MyanmarAnswer-2) Pakistan
India participated in The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) health ministers conference hosted by Pakistan to promote great regional cooperation to tackle the coronavirus pandemic. India was represented by Rajiv Garg, the Director General of Health Services who was assisted by experts from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). Most SAARC countries were represented at the official level.
- The Ministry of Shipping has given its consent for re-constitution of 16-member National Shipping Board (NSB) recently. Name the person who heads NSB.
1) T. Swaminathan
2) Malini Shankar
3) S. Rajagopal
4) Rajiv Gauba
5) Kamail PandeAnswer-2) Malini Shankar
The Ministry of Shipping has given its consent for the reconstitution of the 16-member National Shipping Board (NSB), the highest advisory body on matters related to Indian shipping and its development or other matters arising out of the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958. The reconstituted board will be headed by former Director General of Shipping Malini Shankar.
- Name the company which has acquired 3.36% share in Hinduja Leyland Finance Ltd (HLFL).
1) Maruti Suzuki
2) Hindustan Motors Limited
3) Hindustan Motors Limited
4) TATA Motors
5) Ashok Leyland LimitedAnswer-5) Ashok Leyland Limited
Hinduja Group flagship Ashok Leyland Ltd has acquired 15,796,406 shares of Rs 10 each constituting 3.36 per cent of the equity of its subsidiary Hinduja Leyland Finance Ltd for Rs 187.97 crore. The acquisition is part of the 6.99 per cent acquisition approved by the Board at the meeting held on March 21, 2020
- Caladium Investment an affiliate of sovereign wealth fund GIC of which country has increased its stake in Kolkata based Bandhan Bank by 1% (3.39% to 4.49%) recently?
4) United States
5) Saudi ArabiaAnswer-1) Singapore
Caladium Investment Pte Ltd, an affiliate of Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation), has raised its stake in India-based private sector lender Bandhan Bank by 1 percent from 3.39% to 4.49% through secondary market operations.
- What is the name of military satellite which was launched by Iran recently?
5) MessengerAnswer-2) Noor
Iran launched its 1st military satellite into orbit named “Noor” or light. The satellite has successfully reached an orbit of 425 kilometers above the Earth’s surface.
- Native Fury is the military exercise between United States and which other country?
5) LebanonAnswer-3) UAE
U.S. Marines with 1st Combat Engineer Battalion and a United Arab Emirates Armed Forces soldier conduct urban breaching during exercise Native Fury in the United Arab Emirates in March 2020.
- What is the name of the high-pressure ventilator which was developed by US space agency NASA to fight covid-19?
5) EMERGEAnswer-4) VITAL
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) engineers developed a new, easy-to-build high-pressure ventilator named VITAL (Ventilator Intervention Technology Accessible Locally) specifically to treat COVID-19 patients.
- Doug Sanders who passed away recently is related to which sports?
5) RugbyAnswer-4) Golf
Doug Sanders, the American golf legend known as the ‘Peacock of the Fairways’ for his colorful wardrobe, died recently at the age of 86.
- Ice Hockey player Roger Chappot who passed away recently belongs to which country?
5) United StatesAnswer-4) Switzerland
Former ice hockey player Roger Chappot, who played more than 100 games for Switzerland’s national team including at the 1964 Winter Olympics, has died due to COVID-19. He was 79.
- When was the world day for laboratory animals observed annually?
1) April 22
2) April 23
3) April 24
4) April 25
5) April 26Answer-3) April 24
The World Day for Laboratory Animals has been observed annually on April 24th with the associated “Lab Animal Week” (20th-26th April) since 1979 as a movement to end the sufferings of the animals that are used for testing in the laboratories around the world and replace them with the advanced scientific non-animal techniques.
- The National Panchayati Raj day was observed annually on April 24. The day marks the passing of which amendment of constitution?
1) 71st Amendment
2) 82nd Amendment
3) 72nd Amendment
4) 74th Amendment
5) 73rd AmendmentAnswer-5) 73rd Amendment
National Panchayati Raj Day (NPRD) is observed annually on April 24 in India which is organized by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj to mark a defining moment in the history of decentralization of political power at the rural level because it was difficult for a single Chief Minister (CM) to look after entire state solely and solve their issues in the minimum time possible.The first National Panchayati Raj Day was first celebrated on April 24, 2010, in India. The day marks the passing of the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act 1992, that came into force from April 24, 1993.
- April 24-30 has been observed as World Immunization week. What is the theme for the year 2020?
1) Vaccines to save you
2) Vaccines Work for All
3) Close the immunization gap
4) Vaccines Work
5) Protected TogetherAnswer-2) Vaccines Work for All
World Immunization Week is a global public health campaign to raise awareness and increase rates of immunization against vaccine-preventable diseases around the world. Theme for the year 2020: Vaccines Work for All. The World Immunization week celebrates “Vaccine Heroes” worldwide ranging from parents and community members to health workers and innovators who help to ensure that we are protected via the power of vaccines. The last week of April (24 to 30) every year is observed as World Immunisation Week in order to promote the use of vaccines for the ‘protection of people’ of all age-groups against disease.
- The International Girls in ICT day 2020 was celebrated on April 23 with the theme ‘Expand horizons, change attitudes’. The Day is celebrated generally on ______ of April?
1) 4th Thursday
2) 4th Wednesday
3) 5th Monday
4) 4th Sunday
5) 3rd SaturdayAnswer-1) 4th Thursday
The International Girls in ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) Day is celebrated every year on the 4th Thursday of April. This year it is being observed on 23 April 2020 based on the theme ‘Expand horizons, change attitudes’.
- Which edition of National fire service day was observed on April 14, 2020?
5) 71stAnswer-3) 76th
On 14th April 2020, the 76th National Fire Service Day is observed at every Fire Service Station in the city to remember the sacrifice of the 71 Firemen in the Rescue operation of the Freighter SS fort Stikine at the Victoria Dock in the Bombay port following the Fire Prevention Week or Fire Service Week (FSW) from 14th April to 20th April. This year’s theme for FSW is “Samanamagni – Saranam Agni”.
- Which Indian state government has commemorated Khongjom Day at War Memorial Complex on April 23, 2020?
5) ManipurAnswer-5) Manipur
On 23rd April 2020, the Government of Manipur commemorated the people who sacrificed their lives in the Anglo-Manipuri War as Khongjom Day at the Khongjom War Memorial Complex which is a historical site that holds the tallest statute of Sword in the world constructed in remembrance of the people who fought in the war.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present Minister of state (I/C) for shipping? Answer-Mansukh L. Mandaviya
- Where is the HQ of SAARC located? Answer-Kathmandu, Nepal
- Who is the present Chairman and MD of SIDBI? Answer-Mohammad Mustafa
- Where is the HQ of Bandhan Bank located? Answer-Kolkata, West Bengal
- Who is the President of Iran? Answer-Hassan Rouhan
- Where is the HQ of International Telecommunication Union (ITU) located? Answer-Geneva, Switzerland
- Loktak lake is located in which Indian state? Answer-Manipur