AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- The Ministry of Culture announced India’s Tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, which consists of 6 potential sites.
Identify the points that are correctly related to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India:
A) Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) proposes the potential sites to the Ministry of Culture
B) The Tentative list includes Temples of Kanchipuram from Tamil Nadu
C) There are a total of 38 UNESCO World Heritage sites in India, including the last added site – Satpura Tiger Reserve
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A
4) Only A & C
5) Only A & B
Answer-5) Only A & B
6 places were added to India’s tentative list of UNESCO’s (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) World Heritage sites. The sites include – Temples of Kanchipuram (Tamil Nadu), Satpura Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh).
i.9 sites were proposed by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), in which 6 were selected by the Ministry of Culture.
ii.There are 38 UNESCO – World Heritage Sites in India.
iii.Last Added World Heritage Site from India – Jaipur City, Rajasthan in 2019.
- What is India’s position in the Insurance-Technology market in the Asia-Pacific region as per the report released by S&P Global Market Intelligence?
S&P Global Market Intelligence reported India as the 2nd largest insurance-technology (insurtech) market in Asia-Pacific(AP) region after China, as it accounts for 35 percent/$1.28 billion of the total venture capital ($3.66 billion) poured into the insurtech sector in the AP region so far.
i.Insurance premiums in India for the FY20, summed up to $107 billion
- Which bank (in May’21) moved to a fully digitised loan processing system for MSME & Agriculture products loans?
1) Indian Bank
2) Union Bank of India
3) IDBI Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) IDFC FIRST Bank
Answer- 3) IDBI Bank
IDBI Bank announced the launch of its fully digitised, end-to-end, Loan Processing System (LPS) for its Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME) and Agri products.
Chairman: MR Kumar
MD & CEO: Rakesh Sharma
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline: Bank Aisa Dost Jaisa
- Which stock exchange signed an MoU (in May’21) with Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India to promote the Small & Medium Enterprises environment?
1) London Stock Exchange
2) India International Exchange
3) National Stock Exchange
4) Bombay Stock Exchange
5) New York Stock Exchange
Answer-4) Bombay Stock Exchange
Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) has signed an MoU with Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India to create an ecosystem for promoting, aiding and fostering the growth of Small and Medium Enterprises(SME).
i.BSE is the market leader in the SME segment with a market share of 61%.
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which bank partnered with HyperVerge (in May’21) to obtain ‘Video KYC solution’ for improving its KYC infrastructure?
1) Axis Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) HDFC Bank
5) Bank of Baroda
Answer-3) State Bank of India
State Bank of India(SBI) made a partnership with HyperVerge to obtain its technology called ‘Video KYC solution’ for onboarding customers online under COVID-19.
This will enable SBI to achieve 10x improvement over the regular video KYC checks performed per day per agent.
Headquarters (India)– Bangalore, Karnataka
Establishment – 1st July 1955
Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Which organisation developed the world’s largest and most powerful space science telescope, James Webb Space Telescope?
The world’s largest and most powerful space science telescope, James Webb Space Telescope, developed by NASA, successfully Completed its Pre-Launch Test by opening its iconic primary mirror for the last time it is on earth.
- Which country developed its most powerful supercomputer “Simorgh”?
Iran has launched its most powerful supercomputer Simorgh, named after the mythical Phoenix-like bird Simorgh or Simurgh with a speed of 560 teraflops.
A next-generation supercomputer “Maryam” – named after Iranian mathematician Maryam Mirzakhani, is also being developed in Iran.
Prime Minister– Mustafa al-Kadhemi
Currency– Iranian Rial
- Serving Rajya Sabha member Rajeev Shankarrao Satav passed away in May 2021. From which state he was elected to Rajya Sabha?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Veteran Congress leader and Rajya Sabha Member, Rajeev Shankarrao Satav passed away in Pune, Maharashtra. He is a serving Rajya Sabha member elected from Maharashtra.
- What is the theme of 2021’s World Metrology Day that is annually observed on 20th of May?
1) Measurement of Health
2) Weather-Ready, Climate-Smart
3) Measurements for Transport
4) The International System of Units – Fundamentally Better
5) Measurements for Global Trade
Answer-1) Measurement of Health
World Metrology Day (WMD) is annually observed across the globe on 20th May to celebrate the International system of Unit. The day marks the annual celebration of the signing of the Metre Convention on 20 May 1875 in Paris, France by 17 nations.
The theme for World Metrology Day 2021 is “Measurement for Health”.
- Which state govt. allocated 50 acres of land for the establishment of National Institute of Medicinal Plants (NIMP)?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
The Chief Minister(CM) of Maharashtra approved the proposal to allocate 50 Acres of land in the district of Sindhudurg to establish the National Institute of Medicinal Plants (NIMP). The allocated land located in the Aadali village of Dodamarg taluka will be handed over to the Ministry of AYUSH.