We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 22 May 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs May 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
MHA extends FCRA registration for NGOs till September 30, 2021The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has extended the validity of registration certificates granted to Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) under the Section 50 of Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA), 2010 until September 30, 2021 due to restrictions imposed in view of COVID-19.
- The registration certificates of many NGOs were set to expire or expired during September 29, 2020-May 31, 2021.
- The decision will benefit many NGOs as it is mandatory for them to register under the FCRA in order to receive foreign funding.
i.The MHA has also issued an order stating that NGOs have to open an ‘FCRA account’ at State Bank of India, New Delhi Main Branch (SBI NDMB) before June 30, 2021.
- After June 30, NGOs shall not be eligible to receive foreign contributions in any account other than the ‘FCRA account’ opened in SBI NDMB.
Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA)
FCRA seeks to regulate the acceptance and utilization of foreign contribution or foreign hospitality by certain individuals or associations or companies. It aims to prohibit the foreign contributions being used for activities which are detrimental to national interest.
About Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
Union Minister – Amit Shah (Lok Sabha – Gandhinagar, Gujarat)
Minister of State – G Kishan Reddy (Lok Sabha – Secunderabad, Telangana), Nityanand Rai (Lok Sabha – Ujiarpur, Bihar)
>>Read Full News
Ministry of Social Justice: ELDERLINE – Helpline for senior citizens to be functional in all States by end of MayThe Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has started state-wise call centres under the Elderline project to address the difficulties faced by the elders due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The elderly can reach the call centres through the toll-free number – 14567.
The Ministry is working towards making the call centres functional in all the states by the end of May 2021.
- The project Elderline was started with the support of TATA trust and the NSE foundation.
- The facility provides assistance and comfort to the senior citizens amid the covid-19 pandemic.
- The facility offers support in terms of health concerns, emotional support and legal support.
ELDERLINE across India:
i.The facility of Elderline is already operational in 5 major states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
ii.The facility has been operational in Telangana for more than a year.
Ministry Social Justice & Empowerment:
Union Minister– Thaawar Chand Gehlot(Rajya Sabha – Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of state– Krishan Pal Gurjar(Faridabad, Haryana), Rattan Lal Kataria(Ambala, Haryana), Ramdas Athawale(Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
Average Monthly Income for Workers fell by 17% during Pandemic: CSE Report 2021According to ‘State of Working India 2021: One Year of COVID-19’ released by Azim Premji University’s Centre for Sustainable Employment (CSE) in Bengaluru, Karnataka, the monthly earnings of workers fell on an average by 17% due to COVID-19, self-employed and informal salaried workers faced the highest loss of earnings.
- Around 100 million jobs were lost nationwide during the April-May 2020 Lockdown.
- Around 230 million fell below the national minimum wage threshold of INR 375 per day during the pandemic.
- Poverty increased by 15% in rural & 20% in urban areas during the pandemic.
- Due to employment and income losses, the labour share of GDP fell by 5% from 32.5% in Q2 2019-20 to 27% in Q2 2020-21.
State of Working India Report
- The 2021 Report covered the period between March 2020 to December 2020.
- It analyses the impact of one year of COVID-19 on employment, incomes, inequality and poverty.
- The State of Working India is an annual report of the Central for Sustainable Employment (CSE), it conducts research in areas of work, labour, and employment.
About Centre for Sustainable Employment (CSE)
Head – Amit Basole
Location – Azim Premji University, Bangalore, Karnataka
Chancellor of Azim Premji University – Azim Premji
>>Read Full News
MyGov Ties Up With DHE to Launch Innovation Challenge for Creating Indian Language Learning App
The Government of India’s citizen engagement platform – MyGov in association with the Department of Higher Education (DHE) has launched an innovation challenge, for developing an application on “Indian Language Learning”.
To create an app that will promote regional language literacy, thereby creating greater cultural understanding within the country.
i.The app is to be developed for an individual to learn simple sentences of any Indian language and acquire knowledge in a language.
ii.The Innovation Challenge is open to Indian individuals, startups and companies.
iii.The top 3 will receive funding of 20 lakh rupees, 10 lakh rupees and 5 lakh rupees to make the apps better.
Long Working Hours can increase deaths from Heart Disease, Stroke: WHO, ILO StudyAccording to a new study conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Labour Organization (ILO), Long working hours are putting more people at risk of work-related disability and early death due to Stroke & Ischemic Heart Disease. The study is the 1st of its kind on loss of life and health associated with working long hours.
- Working 55 or more hours per week is associated with an estimated 35% of higher risk of a stroke and a 17% higher risk of dying from Ischemic Heart disease (compared to working 35-40 hours a week).
- In 2016, Long working hours led to 7.45 lakh deaths from Stroke & Ischemic Heart Disease, an 29% increase since 2000.
- The study covered global, regional and national levels, and is based on data collected from more than 2, 300 surveys conducted in 154 countries from 1970-2018.
- It has been published in the Scientific Journal ‘Environment International’.
About World Health Organization (WHO)
Director-General – Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
About International Labour Organization (ILO)
Director-General – Guy Ryder
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
>>Read Full News
India & Oman renew MoUs on Military Cooperation & Maritime issuesIndia & Oman renewed 2 Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) signed between the two sides in 2018 for Military cooperation along with its annexure on maritime issues.
- The MoU on military cooperation was signed by Secretary General of the Ministry of Defense, Oman Dr Mohammed bin Nasser Al Zaabi and Ambassador of India to Oman – Munu Mahawar at the Ministry of Defense, Muscat.
- The MoU for cooperation on maritime issues was signed by the Commander of Royal Navy of Oman, the Head of Maritime Security Committee, Rear Admiral Saif bin Nasser Al Rahbi & India’s ambassador to Oman – Munu Mahawar at the Maritime Security Centre ,Muscat.
- The pacts were signed in 2018 during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Oman.
- It allowed the use of Strategically located Duqm Port, Oman and dry dock for maintenance of Indian military vessels.
Sultan – Haitham bin Tariq Al Said
Capital – Muscat
Currency – Omani Rial (OMR)
>>Read Full News
China – World’s First Country to Ban Synthetic CannabinoidsChina issued a total ban on synthetic cannabinoids,thus becoming the world’s first country to ban all synthetic cannabinoid substances.
- The ban is likely to come into effect on July 1,2021.
To curb the manufacturing & trafficking of the drug.
What are Cannabinoids?
Cannabinoids are compounds found in cannabis. The most notable cannabinoid is the phytocannabinoid tetrahydrocannabinol, the primary psychoactive compound in cannabis.
Synthetic Cannabinoids are human made chemicals. They are designer drugs. A designer drug is a functional and structural analog of a controlled substance that is designed to mimic the pharmacological effects of the original drug.
i.The synthetic cannabinoids are highly camouflaged, as some are found in e-cigarette oil, and some are found in cut tobacco made from various flower petals, or plant stems and leaves.
ii.The Chinese government has announced that all synthetic cannabinoids will be included in the list of banned drugs.
iii.Synthetic cannabinoids come under the category of manufactured chemicals that target the same receptors in the brain as the natural cannabinoids in marijuana.
BANKING & FINANCE
Kotak Mahindra Bank Became 1st Bank to Issue FPI license to AIF under GIFT IFSCKotak Mahindra Bank became the 1st bank to issue Foreign Portfolio Investments (FPI) license to an Alternate Investment Fund (AIF) incorporated in Gujarat International Finance Tec (GIFT) International Financial Services Centre (IFSC), after its issuance of FPI license on May 20, 2021, to the GIFT IFSC AIF of True Beacon Global.
- In partnership with Kotak Mahindra Bank, True Beacon launched its first AIF in GIFT-City with PricewaterhouseCoopers(PWC) as consultants.
i.This was the first FPI license issued to an AIF in GIFT IFSC by any custodian bank or Designated Depository Participant in India.
ii.AIF became an important business vertical at GIFT IFSC as it will offer huge benefits and a competitive edge for setting up funds in IFSC at GIFT City.
FPI – It means the investments made by investors in financial assets, such as stocks and bonds of entities located in another country.
About True Beacon
Establishment – 2019
Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
Co-founder and CEO– Richard Pattle
>>Read Full News
Alankit tie-up with Digital Swiss Gold – to Offer Gold Platform InvestmentAlankit Imaginations Ltd, a subsidiary of Alankit made partnership with Digital Swiss Gold (DSG) to enable individuals to transact in gold digitally in Switzerland.
- Under the partnership, investors could buy Swiss Gold digitally after becoming a Digital Swiss Gold member by creating an account on an app and completing the KYC process.
i.An individual can buy gold starting from 1 gram and to a maximum limit of $2,50,000 per financial year under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme of the Reserve Bank of India(RBI).
ii.Under this collaboration DSG will offer competitive and transparent pricing, which will save up to 10 percent compared to published Indian gold prices, as the gold is sourced directly from Swiss refineries and eliminating middlemen.
iii.DSG allows a buyer to gift someone (after requisite formalities) and the physical transfer of gold is also applicable after paying the customs and other regulatory clearance
iv.DSG’s gold have the highest standards of 0.9999 fineness and also in compliant with all London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) gold bar specifications.
About Digital Swiss Golds(DSG):
Headquarters(India) – NewDelhi
Headquarters(Global) – St. Helier, Jersey
CEO – Ashraf Rizvi
Aditya Birla Sun Life Launched a Savings Plan – Vision LifeIncome Plus PlanAditya Birla Sun Life Insurance (ABSLI), the life insurance subsidiary of Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL), launched a flexible savings plan named ‘Vision LifeIncome Plus Plan’ to provide guaranteed regular income along with flexible bonus payouts to policyholders.
- It is a non-linked participating individual plan that is designed as a customizable savings plan and suitable for the customer’s financial needs at all stages of life.
Note – Non-Linked Insurance Plans are plans that are not linked to the stock market. It provides low-risk returns and a well-defined maturity amount and bonuses.
About the savings plan:
i.The savings plan provides a guaranteed regular income for the customers up to 30 years with the benefits of a life insurance cover.
ii.It provides tax-free guaranteed additional income for life, apart from offering the benefit of liquidity or cash in hand whenever the customer requires funds.
Choice of 3 Benefit options:
- The savings plan provides the choice of 3 benefit options which includes, short-term income, long-term income, and whole life income.
About Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance(ABSLI):
Establishment – 2000(commenced operation at 2001)
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD&CEO – Kamlesh Rao
>>Read Full News
SEBI Imposed Rs 5.25 crore Fine on Cairn India for Fraud under Share Buyback
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 5.25 crore on Cairn India for making a misleading announcement regarding the buyback of shares on January 14, 2014.
i.SEBI has also imposed fine of Rs 15 lakh each on P Elango (CEO and director of Cairn), Aman Mehta (director of Cairn’s board), and Neerja Sharma (director risk assurance and secretary of Cairn).
ii.Misleading over Buyback of shares: In January 2014, Cairn India and its directors made the public announcement of buyback but not utilised the minimum amount of 50 percent of the buyback size (despite the conditions were favourable to the company) and violated the various provisions SEBI’s Prevention of Fraudulent and Unfair Trading Practices (PFUTP) rule and Buyback Regulations.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Renowned Conservationist Jane Goodall Won The Templeton Prize 2021 The prestigious Templeton Prize for the year 2021 was given to conservationist Jane Goodall.She was renowned for her expertise on chimpanzees and her globe-spanning advocacy of environmental causes.
i.Jane Goodall is an English primatologist,anthropologist and the world’s foremost expert on chimpanzees.
ii.She was the first to observe human-like behaviours amongst chimpanzees such as creating tools, and she demonstrated that they have individual personalities while she was in Gombe Stream National Park in Tanzania in 1960.
About Templeton Prize:
- It was established in 1972 by the late philanthropist Sir John Templeton.
- The Templeton Prize is one of the world’s largest individual awards currently valued at 1.1 million pounds, or $1.56 million(~Rs.11.30 crore).
- Some of the Notable Past winners include Mother Teresa, the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa.
MMA Fighter Conor McGregor tops the Forbes’ World’s 10 Highest-paid Athletes 2021Forbes’ annual ranking of the World highest-paid athletes for 2021 was released. Mixed Martial Arts(MMA) Fighter Conor McGregor from Ireland topped the list with a total earning of 180 million USD(around 1313 crores). McGregor is followed by football players Lionel Messi (2nd) with 130 million USD and Cristiano Ronaldo (3rd) with 120 million USD and American footballer Dak Prescott(4th) with 107.5 million USD.
- The list features the athletes who were the top earners based on their earnings which include, prize money, salaries, bonuses and endorsements from May 1, 2020, to May, 2021(12 months).
Top 3 Highest paid athletes:
|Rank||Name||Sport||Total earning (USD)|
|1||Conor McGregor||MMA||180 million|
|2||Lionel Messi||Football||130 million|
|3||Cristiano Ronaldo||Football||120 million|
Click here for the complete list: Forbes’ World highest-paid athletes for 2021
i.This is the first time where the top four athletes have earned over 100 million USD each.
ii.The total earning of the top 10 is around 1.05 billion USD which is around 28% more than the total earning of the top 10 athletes of 2020(819.2 million USD).
iii.20-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer ranked who topped the 2020 list ranked 7th in the 2021 list with a total earning of 90 million USD.
iv.Cristiano Ronaldo, LeBron James and Roger Federer have remained constant on the Forbes top 10 lists for 10 years.
About Conor McGregor:
i.Conor McGregor (32 years old) has competed in only one Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bout held in January 2021 where he lost to Dustin Poirier.
ii.He has made around 158 million USD through off-field activities which made him the 3rd sports personality after Tiger Woods and Roger Federer to earn more than 70 million through off-field activities in a year.
iii.In 2018 he was featured among the top 10 Highest-paid Athletes, ranked 4th.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Pinarayi Vijayan Becomes Kerala Chief Minister for The Second TimeOn 20th May 2021,Pinarayi Vijayan was sworn in as Kerala Chief Minister for a second time, after guiding the CPM-led Left Democratic Front government to a historic second successive term in the 2021 election
i.He is the first Chief Minister in Kerala to get a second consecutive term.
ii.The Left Democratic Front (LDF)alliance won 99 of 140 seats in this election.
iii.The Governor Arif Mohammed Khan administered the oath of office and secrecy to Chief Minister-designate Mr. Vijayan and 20 members of his Cabinet at the Central Stadium, located behind the Government Secretariat.
- Article 164 of the Indian constitution deals with the appointment of chief ministers and other ministers.
- According to article164(1A),the total number of ministers,including the chief minister,in the council of ministers in a state shall not exceed 15% of the total number of members of the legislative Assembly of that state
Governor:Arif Mohammed Khan
Sir David Attenborough Appointed as COP26 People’s Advocate for the UN Climate Change Conference 2021
Sir David Attenborough, world-renowned broadcaster and natural historian, has been appointed as the People’s Advocate for the 26th United Nations (UN) Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26)-2021, which will be held in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom (UK) in November 2021.UK and Italy will host COP-26.
- As a People’s Advocate, he will take action to tackle the issue of climate change.
- Indian Origin, Alok Sharma was the Britain’s President-Designate of COP26.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
MRPL Acquired 100% Stake in ONGC Mangalore On May 20, 2021, Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL) acquired the outstanding 0.00027776 percent equity holding of ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Ltd (OMPL) from Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC).
- After this acquisition OMPL, the subsidiary of MRPL became the wholly-owned subsidiary of MRPL, as MRPL now acquired the 100 percent stake of OMPL.
- OMPL is a joint venture between ONGC and MRPL, set up for value addition of excess naphtha and aromatic streams available from the MRPL refinery. MRPL is a subsidiary of ONGC.
i.In October 2020, the board of MRPL had approved the acquisition of 1,24,66,53,746 equity shares of Rs10 each of OMPL, a subsidiary of MRPL from ONGC. (paved the way for merging OMPL with MRPL)
ii.A Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) was executed between ONGC and MRPL for the acquisition, according to the SPA, ONGC transferred an amount of ₹1216,73,40,561 for the acquisition of 124,66,53,746 equity shares of OMPL to MRPL’s Demat account on January 1, 2021, at a price of ₹9.76 per share.
iii.With this, the shareholding of MRPL in OMPL increased to 99.9998 percent.
About ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Ltd (OMPL):
OMPL is the largest single stream unit in Asia to produce 914 KTPA paraxylene and 283 KTPA benzene, its turnover stood at ₹3,388.79 crores in 2020-21 as against ₹4,954.17 crores in 2019-20.
Establishment – December 19, 2006
About Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL):
Establishment – 1988 (Acquired by ONGC in March 2003)
Headquarters – Mangaluru, Karnataka
Chairman – Subhash Kumar
Managing Director – M. Venkatesh
Cyclone Tauktae makes Landfall in GujaratIndian Meteorological Department (IMD) stated that the ‘extremely severe cyclonic storm’ – ‘Tauktae’ made landfall in the Saurashtra region of Gujarat. The cyclone originated from the Arabian Sea.
- The cyclone brought severe rains, winds of upto 150 -160 kmph & damages to the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Kerala, and Daman & Diu.
- The name ‘Tauktae’ for the cyclone has been given by Myanmar, It means ‘gecko’, a highly vocal lizard in Burmese dialect.
Who names the Cyclones?
IMD is among the 6 Regional Specialised Meteorological Centres (RSMC) in the world.
- It is mandated to issue advisories & name cyclones in the Northern Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- A panel consisting of 13 countries – India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Maldives, Oman, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen, names cyclones in the IOR.
About India Meteorological Department(IMD):
IMD is functioning under the Ministry of Earth Sciences(MoES), Government of India.
Headquarters – New Delhi, India
Director-General of Meteorology (DGM) – Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
>>Read Full News
FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup to be Held in India in October 11-30, 2022On the 71st Federation Internationale de Football Association(FIFA) Congress, the FIFA Council approved key dates for the international match calendars. In which it also announced the dates of the 2022 U-17 Women’s world Cup in India to be held from October 11 to 30 in 2022.
- This will be the 2nd FIFA tournament hosted by India, after the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017(which broke the record for being the most attended youth World Cup in FIFA’s history).
Approved tournament dates by FIFA Council:
- FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Costa Rica 2022 (10-28 August 2022)
- 14-team play-off for the FIFA Arab Cup 2021 (19 and 25 June, 2021)
- Women’s World Cup Australia and New Zealand 2023 (July 20 to August 20, 2023)
- Play-off tournament for the Women’s World Cup 2023 (17 to 23 February 2023)
i.Earlier India was scheduled to host the 2020 U-17 World Cup and it was postponed to 2021 later cancelled due to the COVID-19.
ii.FIFA made India as the host of the 2022 edition of U-17 Womens’ world Cup in November 2020.
About Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA):
Headquarters– Zurich, Switzerland.
Motto– For the Game. For the World.
President– Gianni Infantino.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Sunita Dwivedi Authored a Book Titled “Buddha in Gandhara”A book titled “Buddha in Gandhara” by Sunita Dwivedi is Published by Rupa Publications.It is a Travelogue about the journey through the cities that once dotted the highroad connecting India with Central Asia and China.
About the Book:
i.Buddha in Gandhara is the Story of ancient Buddhist cities of Gandhara,a region that extended from north-western Pakistan to eastern and north-eastern Afghanistan.
ii.The book recreates a journey on the Buddha’s trail along the Lahore-Taxila-Peshawar-Kabul-Bamiyan-Balkh-Samangan route. These splendid cities were once centres of trade and scholarship.
iii.It traces the network of Asian trade routes that nourished these cities with goods, people and ideas.
iv.It also trains the spotlight on the magnificent art of Gandhara that still clings to the ruins of these heritage cities and also those that are showcased in the museums of Asia and Europe.
About Sunita Dwivedi:
- Sunita Dwivedi is a Silk Road traveller, photographer and independent researcher.
- She has authored three travelogues based on her travels along ancient Buddhist routes through China, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and the Central Asian Republics.
A book titled ‘The Spiritual CEO’ by S Prakash
A New book titled “The Spiritual CEO” penned by President of Heartfulness Institute, S Prakash. This book deals with the roadmap for how to build a better business, live a better life and all through the simple practice of ”Korporate Karma”. The book was published by Westland Publication.
International Tea Day 2021 – May 21The United Nations(UN)’s International Tea Day is annually observed across the globe on 21st May to celebrate the cultural heritage, health benefits and economic importance of tea.
The observance of the international tea day is led by the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)of the UN.
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/74/241 on 19th December 2019 and proclaimed the 21st May of every year as the International Tea Day.
ii.The first International Tea Day was observed on 21st May 2020.
>>Read Full News
World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development 2021 – May 21The United Nations(UN)’s World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is annually observed across the globe on 21st May to provide opportunity to provide understanding on the values of cultural diversity.
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/57/249 in December 2002 and proclaimed the 21st May of every year as the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.
ii.The first World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development was observed on 21st May 2003.
>>Read Full News
Andhra Pradesh FM presents INR 2.29 Lakh Crore Budget for FY 2021-22Andhra Pradesh (AP) Finance Minister (FM) Buggana Rajendranath Reddy presented the State Budget for the FY 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 2.29 Lakh Crore.
- AP’s public debt is expected to increase to INR 3, 87, 125 Crore in 2021-22 from INR 3, 55, 874 Crore in FY 2020-21.
- Estimated Revenue – INR 1.77 Lakh Crore
- Revenue Deficit – INR 5000 Crore – 0.47% of the GSDP (Gross State Domestic Product)
- Fiscal Deficit – INR 37, 029. 79 Crore – 3.49% of GSDP.
- INR 7, 200 Crore allocated for Dr. YSR Rythu Bharosa-PM Kisan Scheme.
- INR 48, 083.92 Crore allocated for 22 Freebie schemes
- AP registered a GSDP of 1.58% in 2020. The national GDP recorded a negative growth in 2020 of -3.80%
- Per Capita Income of the State increased to INR 1.70 Lakh per annum in 2020-21 compared to INR 1.68 Lakh in 2019-20. All India per capita income for 2019-20 stands at INR 1.34 Lakh per annum.
About Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister – YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Capital – Amaravati
>>Read Full News
Uttarakhand Police Launched ‘Mission Hausla’ To Help Covid-19 Patients
The Uttarakhand police launched a drive “Mission Hausla” to help people COVID-19 patients to get oxygen, beds and plasma. The police are also supporting the people to get ration and help them with ambulance service, cremation of bodies as a part of the mission.
- The police of Uttarakhand has also availed 2 toll free numbers 112 and 9411112701 for emergency contact.
Click Here View – AC Excluded News 2021
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 22 May 2021|
|1||MHA extends FCRA registration for NGOs till September 30, 2021|
|2||Ministry of Social Justice: ELDERLINE – Helpline for senior citizens to be functional in all States by end of May|
|3||Average Monthly Income for Workers fell by 17% during Pandemic: CSE Report 2021|
|4||Innovation Challenge for Creating Indian Language Learning App Launched by MyGov|
|5||Long Working Hours can increase deaths from Heart Disease, Stroke: WHO, ILO Study|
|6||India & Oman renew MoUs on Military Cooperation & Maritime issues|
|7||China – World’s First Country to Ban Synthetic Cannabinoids|
|8||Kotak Mahindra Bank Became 1st Bank to Issue FPI license to AIF under GIFT IFSC|
|9||Alankit tie-up with Digital Swiss Gold – to Offer Gold Platform Investment|
|10||Aditya Birla Sun Life Launched a Savings Plan – Vision LifeIncome Plus Plan|
|11||SEBI Imposed Rs 5.25 crore Fine on Cairn India for Fraud under Share Buyback|
|12||Renowned Conservationist Jane Goodall Won The Templeton Prize 2021|
|13||MMA Fighter Conor McGregor tops the Forbes’ World’s 10 Highest-paid Athletes 2021|
|14||Pinarayi Vijayan Becomes Kerala Chief Minister for The Second Time|
|15||Sir David Attenborough Appointed as COP26 People’s Advocate for the UN Climate Change Conference 2021|
|16||MRPL Acquired 100% Stake in ONGC Mangalore|
|17||Cyclone Tauktae makes Landfall in Gujarat|
|18||FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup to be Held in India from October 11-30, 2022|
|19||Sunita Dwivedi Authored a Book Titled “Buddha in Gandhara”|
|20||A book titled ‘The Spiritual CEO’ by S Prakash|
|21||International Tea Day 2021 – May 21|
|22||World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development 2021 – May 21|
|23||Andhra Pradesh FM presents INR 2.29 Lakh Crore Budget for FY 2021-22|
|24||Uttarakhand Police Launched ‘Mission Hausla’ To Help Covid Patients|