Andhra Pradesh (AP) Finance Minister (FM) Buggana Rajendranath Reddy presented the State Budget for the FY 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 2.29 Lakh Crore.
- AP’s public debt is expected to increase to INR 3, 87, 125 Crore in 2021-22 from INR 3, 55, 874 Crore in FY 2020-21.
- FM also incorporated a ‘gender budget’ & ‘child budget’ in 2021-22. Outlay for Gender Budget – INR 47, 283 Crore, and outlay for Child Budget – INR 16, 748 Crore.
- Revenue Deficit – INR 5000 Crore – 0.47% of the GSDP (Gross State Domestic Product)
- Fiscal Deficit – INR 37, 029. 79 Crore – 3.49% of GSDP.
- Estimated Revenue – INR 1.77 Lakh Crore
- Women & Child Development – INR 64, 031.68 Crore (INR 47, 283.21 Crore for Women and INR 16, 748.47 Crore for Children).
- Health, Medical and Family welfare sector – INR 13, 830.44 Crore
- Department of Water Resources – INR 13, 237.78 Crore, an 12.10% increase compared to 2020-21.
i.INR 7, 200 Crore allocated for Dr. YSR Rythu Bharosa-PM Kisan Scheme.
ii.INR 48, 083.92 Crore allocated for 22 Freebie schemes, 3 of which will cost INR 16, 899 Crore will be implemented through the State Development Corporation.
iii.AP registered a GSDP of 1.58% in 2020. The national GDP recorded a negative growth in 2020 of -3.80%
iv.Per Capita Income of the State increased to INR 1.70 Lakh per annum in 2020-21 compared to INR 1.68 Lakh in 2019-20.
- All India per capita income for 2019-20 stands at INR 1.34 Lakh per annum.
v.AP has improved its position from 4th rank to 3rd in 2019 in the overall Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) ranking across India.
- Allocation for Central schemes like Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) and Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGA) has been done under the Gender Budget.
- Allocations for Central schemes like Integrated Child Protection Scheme, Scheme for Adolescent Girls and Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan have been listed under the Child Budget.
About Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister – YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Capital – Amaravati