AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the percent increase in formal employment in India in 2019-20 compared to 2018-19 as per EPFO payroll data?
According to the payroll data of EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization), an organization tasked to assist the Central Board of Trustees, Employees’ Provident Fund, the formal employment in India saw a 28.6 % increase at 78.58 lakh in 2019-20 as compared to only 61.12 lakh added in 2018-19.
- Which state has observed Mask day on June 18, 2020?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
BS Yediyurappa, Chief Minister of Karnataka announced that Karnataka will observe 18th June 2020, as “Mask Day” to create awareness to the general public on the importance of wearing a mask, using sanitizers, washing hands and maintaining social distancing against COVID-19.
- Which state/UT has changed the name of Agriculture Production Department to Agriculture Production & Farmers Welfare Department?
3) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
The Jammu & Kashmir Administration approved the Agriculture Production Department’s proposal to change its nomenclature to “Agriculture Production & Farmers Welfare Department” and announced new rules for appointments to various posts.
- Name the state which issues ordinance to defer payment of employees & pensioners.
3) Uttar Pradesh
The state Government of Telangana has promulgated the Telangana Disaster and Public Health Emergency (Special Provisions) Ordinance 2020 which allowed it to defer salaries and pensions of its employees, pensioner, institution, any person (ready contract or outsourcing employees) and other dues in the event of disaster and public health emergency in the State.
- India become the non-permanent member of UNSC for _____ term recently for the period of 2021-2022.
India was elected unopposed for an 8th term as a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for two years (2021-22) starting January 2021 by gaining 184 votes in the 193-member General Assembly. Along with India, Mexico, Ireland and Norway were also elected. India was the only candidate for the lone seat from the Asia-Pacific category.
- What will be the objective of India during its tenure in UNSC (2021-22)?
India’s overall objective during this tenure in the UN Security Council will be the achievement of N.O.R.M.S: New Orientation for a Reformed Multilateral System.
- RBI proposed to increase minimum Net owned funds (NOF) of Housing finance companies from 10 Crores to _____ Crores.
In exercise of powers conferred under Section 29A (1) (b) of NHB Act, 1987, RBI proposes to increase the minimum NOF for HFCs from the current requirement of Rs10 crore to Rs 20 crore in order to strengthen their capital base. Existing HFCs will get one year to reach the level of Rs 15 crore and two years to increase it to Rs 20 crore.
- As per SEBI’s recent amendment, promotors who own 25% or more and voting rights are allowed to increase shareholding up to _______% in a year.
After exercising the powers conferred under section 30 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 (15 of 1992), the board of SEBI has amended the regulation 3, in sub-regulation (2) of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011 (SEBI-SAST) to enhance the acquisition limit for promoters of a listed company. The amendment allows promoters owning 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in a company to increase his shareholding by up to 10% in a year in comparison to the earlier 5% limit.
- Name the home finance company which launched affordable housing loan scheme named ‘SARAL’.
1) ICICI Home Finance Company Limited
2) Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited
3) REPCO Home Finance Limited
4) Aadhar Housing Finance Limited
5) Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited
Answer-1) ICICI Home Finance Company Limited
ICICI Home Finance Company Limited (HFCL) launched SARAL, a special affordable housing loan scheme to finance homes in urban and rural areas. The beneficiaries are women, lower, middle income customers and economically weaker sections, with a maximum household income up to Rs 6 lakh per annum.
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) planned to fully digitalize lending operations & to create a new vertical ‘digital lending department’. Who is the MD & CEO of BoB?
1) Sanjiv Chadha
2) Hasmukh Adhia
3) Atanu Kumar Das
4) Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
5) Pallav Mahapatra
Answer-1) Sanjiv Chadha
Bank of Baroda, India’s 3rd largest lender to fully digitise its lending operations including home, agriculture, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME), personal and auto loans. The bank has set up a new vertical, digital lending department at the corporate office, which will have substantial overlap with various credit verticals including Retail, MSME, Agri & service verticals like Analytics centre, Risk Management, Marketing. BoB MD & CEO is Sanjiv Chadha.
- The Housing Finance Company’s housing loans must account for at least 50% of HFCs’ assets of which at least ___% should be individual housing loans. The HFCs which doesn’t follow the criterion will be treated as NBFC – Investment and Credit Companies (NBFC-ICCs).
In another proposal, housing loans must account for at least 50% of HFCs’ assets of which at least 75% should be towards individual housing loans. HFCs which do not fulfil this criterion will be treated as NBFC – Investment and Credit Companies (NBFC-ICCs) and will be required to approach the RBI for conversion of their Certificate of Registration from HFC to NBFC-ICC. In order to remain working as HFC, they would have to follow a roadmap to make 75% of their assets individual housing loans. The target has been set at 60% by March 31, 2022, 70% by March 31, 2023, and 75% by March 31, 2024.
- Which company has partnered with Karnataka bank to launch a health insurance policy to cover COVID-19?
1) United India Insurance Company Limited
2) The Oriental Insurance Company Limited
3) The New India Assurance Company Limited
4) Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
5) TATA AIG General Insurance Company Limited
Answer-4) Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
Karnataka Bank in partnership with Universal Sompo General Insurance Company has launched a health insurance policy. The policy aims to cover the individuals’ COVID-19 pandemic related health expenses.
- Find the insurance company which has collaborated with East Consultancy Services to offer Aadhaar-based paperless offline e-KYC service.
1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
2) Max Life Insurance Company
3) HDFC Life Insurance Company
4) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
5) Tata AIA Life Insurance Company
Answer-5) Tata AIA Life Insurance Company
Tata AIA Life Insurance partnered with East Consultancy Services to offer Aadhaar-based paperless offline e-Know Your Customer (KYC) service. This tie up helps to service the customer during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Who has been elected as the President of 75th UN General Assembly (1st person from Turkey to become UNGA president)?
1) María Fernanda
2) Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
3) Peter Thomson
4) Miroslav Lajčák
5) Volkan Bozkir
Answer-5) Volkan Bozkir
Volkan Bozkir (69) from Turkey was elected as the president of the 75th United Nations(UN) General Assembly. He is the 1st turkish to hold this post. He will hold the post for 1 year. Volkan Bozkir will succeed Tijjani Muhammad-Bande when the annual session opens on September 15, 2020.
- Kubatbek Boronov was appointed as the president of which country?
Kubatbek Boronov (55) was appointed as Kyrgyzstan’s Prime Minister. Kyrgyzstan’s President Sooronbai Jeenbekov signed an order to appoint him. He succeeded Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziyev who resigned on June 15 following accusations of corruption.
- Which edition of Academy awards (Oscar) scheduled on February 2021 was postponed to April 2021?
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Monday announced that the 93rd Academy Awards, originally scheduled for February 28, 2021, has been pushed back to April 25 of the same year due to coronavirus concerns. This is the first time in 40 years that the ceremony is being rescheduled.
- The scientists of NASA has observed 5th state of matter for the 1st time in space (Published in Journal Nature). What is the 5th state of matter?
According to the research published in the journal Nature, a team of scientists at NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)’s Cold Atom Lab (CAL), have found for the first time in space the evidence of ‘Fifth State of Matter’ (also known as Bose-Einstein condensates (BEC). This special state of matter occurs when the atoms of some elements are cooled to absolute zero (0 Kelvin or -273.15 ° C).
- Who authored the novel titled ‘A Burning’?
1) Mirza Waheed
2) Nikita Lalwani
3) Sujatha Gidla
4) Megha Majumdar
5) Neel Mukherjee
Answer-4) Megha Majumdar
The Penguin Hamish Hamilton released the “A Burning”, debut novel of Megha Majumdar. The 32-year-old New York’s writer who was born and raised in Kolkata. The book is about the lives of three characters, Tommy Orange, Yaa Gyasi and Jhumpa Lahiri who want to rise to the middle class, to political power, to gain fame in the film industry and how their lives changed in Indian society.
- Former lok sabha MP, Madhavrao Balwant Patil who passed away recently is the founder of which bank?
1) Cosmos Cooperative Bank
2) Janalaxmi Cooperative Bank
3) Saraswath Cooperative Bank
4) Shamravu Vithal Cooperative Bank
5) Abhudyaya Cooperative Bank
Answer-2) Janalaxmi Cooperative Bank
Madhavrao Balwant Patil, Former Lok Sabha Member and the founder of Janalaxmi Cooperative Bank passed away due to short illness at the age of 80 in Nashik, Maharashtra. He was born on 21st January 1940 in Nashik, Maharashtra.
- When was sustainable gastronomy day observed annually?
1) June 15
2) June 27
3) June 18
4) June 24
5) June 21
Answer-3) June 18
June 18th of every year is observed as the sustainable gastronomy day to celebrate seasonal ingredients and producers, preserve wildlife and culinary traditions. On this day, The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) facilitate the day in collaboration with the United Nations(UN) organizations and their member states with other international organizations works to create an awareness to the general public on their contribution in sustainable development.
- The Autistic pride day was observed on June 18 every year. Which symbol represents neurodiversity?
1) Red hands
2) Rainbow infinity
3) Green Rolls
4) Pink ribbon
5) Blue tie
Answer-2) Rainbow infinity
June 18th of Every year is celebrated as the Autistic Pride Day to create awareness about Autism and to create space for the people with autism to be themselves and celebrate their neurodiversity and differences. In 2005, the first autistic pride day was celebrated in Brazil by the Aspies for Freedom (AFF) created by Gareth & Amy Nelson and became a global event. A rainbow infinity symbol is used to represent neurodiversity which symbolizes the infinite possibilities in the lives of autistic people.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Jim Corbett national park is located in which state?
2) West Bengal
3) Arunachal Pradesh
Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand is set to reopen for the public after coronavirus outbreak.
- What is the number of permanent countries present in UNSC?
The Security Council is the only UN body that can make legally binding decisions like imposing sanctions and authorizing the use of force. This 15-member council has 5 permanent veto-wielding members and 10 non-permanent members. Permanent members– China, France, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- What is the capital and currency of Turkey?
1) Damascus & Pound
2) Ankara & Lira
3) Tehran & Rial
4) Athens & Euro
5) Tripoli & Dinar
Answer-2) Ankara & Lira
The capital and currency of Turkey are Ankara and Turkish Lira.
- When was world crocodile day observed annually?
1) June 15
2) June 27
3) June 18
4) June 17
5) June 21
Answer-4) June 17
World Crocodile Day is celebrated on 17th June. The day is a global awareness campaign to highlight the plight of endangered crocodiles and alligators around the world. The habitat of crocodile found in Odisha’s Bhitarkanika National Park & West Bengal’s Sundarbans.
- M Chinnaswamy Stadium is located in which state?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
The M. Chinnaswamy Stadium is a cricket stadium located in Bangalore, Karnataka.