AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 & 19 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In July 2021, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) signed an MoU with MapmyIndia, as per the MoU new mapping services will be enabled in which government mobile application?
1) MyGov App
3) mPassport App
4) UMANG App
5) mAadhaar App
Answer-4) UMANG App
The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) signed an MoU with MapmyIndia, thereby enabling map services in ‘UMANG App’ (Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance).
i.This will help citizens to find government facilities near to their location, such as ration shops under Mera Ration, mandis, blood banks etc.
- ______________ is planning to impose World’s 1st ‘Carbon Border Tax’ from ________ on imports of carbon-intensive goods.
1) European Union; 2026
2) United Kingdom; 2023
3) United States of America; 2023
4) United Kingdom; 2026
5) European Union; 2023
Answer-1) European Union; 2026
European Commission, the executive branch of European Union (EU), proposed plans to impose World’s 1st ‘Carbon Border Tax’ from 2026 on imports of carbon-intensive goods, including steel, cement, fertilizers and aluminum as part of a programme to meet its new climate target by 2030.
President – Ursula von der Leyen
Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium
- Under the Africa Open DEAL initiative, Africa became the 1st Continent to have complete land use data. Name the organisation that developed “Collect Earth”- the software used for conducting Africa’s Digital land survey.
3) Food & Agriculture Organization
4) World Bank
5) World Economic Forum
Answer-3) Food & Agriculture Organization
Under the Africa Open DEAL initiative, a complete collection of accurate, comprehensive digital land use data was collected across the African Continent, making Africa the 1st Continent in the World to have complete digital land use data.
i.This survey is an initiative by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the African Union Commission (AUC).
ii.It was conducted using “Collect Earth” – an Open Source Software by FAO.
- In July 2021, the United States formed a Quadrilateral Diplomatic Group to promote peace & stability in Afghanistan. Name the countries that are part of the Quad diplomatic group.
1) Pakistan, Russia, Afghanistan & USA
2) USA, Afghanistan, Pakistan & Uzbekistan
3) India, USA, Afghanistan & China
4) Pakistan, USA, China & Russia
5) Uzbekistan, Russia, Pakistan & USA
Answer-2) USA, Afghanistan, Pakistan & Uzbekistan
US, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan are all set to create a new quadrilateral diplomatic group to promote the Afghan peace process, stability and trade in the region after the withdrawal of US military forces from the country.
- Which organisation signed an MoU (in July’21) with Bank of Maharashtra for developing Priority Sector Lending in Maharashtra?
2) National Housing Bank
3) IDBI Bank
4) Exim Bank
In July 2021, the Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ‘National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development’ (NABARD) to foster the existing developmental initiatives that are linked to Priority Sector Lending (PSL) in Maharashtra.
- Who was appointed (in July’21) as the Chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) for 2021-23?
1) Harshil Mathur
2) Ajit Mohan
3) Dhruv Shringi
4) Amit Agarwal
5) Sanjay Gupta
Answer-5) Sanjay Gupta
Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) has appointed Google India Vice President and Managing Director Sanjay Gupta as its Chairman for 2021-23.
i.IAMAI also named Facebook India’s MD Ajit Mohan as its Vice Chairman
- In July 2021, India received the 1st batch of 2 MH-60R Multi Role Helicopters from ___________, this a part of India’s deal to procure _____ such MH-60R Helicopters.
1) USA; 15
2) Russia; 24
3) Israel; 15
4) USA; 24
5) Israel; 24
Answer-4) USA; 24
In July 2021, Indian Navy received the 1st batch of 2 MH-60R Multi Role Helicopters (MRH) from the United States (US) Navy.
i.India has ordered a total of 24 MH-60R Helicopters to the US government at an estimated cost of USD 2.4 billion.
- In July 2021, Danish Siddiqui, Pulitzer prize winning Indian Journalist was killed in a Militant attack in which country?
Indian photojournalist and Pulitzer prize winner Danish Siddiqui, was killed by the Taliban militants in Spin Boldak district of Afghanistan’s Kandahar province.
He along with his co-workers from Reuters won the Pulitzer prize in 2018 for covering the Rohingya refugee crisis in Bangladesh.
- Banks in India are advised by the RBI to offer RTGS transactions from ____________ to ____________ as the maximum limit for a single transaction.
1) Rs 2 lakhs; Rs 10 lakhs
2) No minimum limit; Rs 10 lakhs
3) Rs 1 lakhs; Rs 20 lakhs
4) No minimum limit; No limit
5) Rs 2 lakhs; No limit
Answer-5) Rs 2 lakhs; No limit
Maximum Transaction limit for IMPS (Immediate Payment Service Bank) is Rs 2 lakh/day and for bank to bank transactions above Rs. 2 lakhs, Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) is preferred.
i.The minimum amount to be remitted through RTGS is ₹ 2,00,000/- with no upper or maximum ceiling.
- “Fiat Panis” is the official motto of which International organisation?
1) International Criminal Court
2) World Health Organization
4) Food & Agriculture Organisation
5) International Committee of the Red Cross
Answer-4) Food & Agriculture Organisation
About Food & Agriculture Organisation (FAO):
Director General – Qu Dongyu
Headquarters – Rome, Italy
Motto – “Fiat Panis” (Let there be bread)