We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 18 & 19 July 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
MeitY inked MoU with MapmyIndia for Map Services in ‘UMANG App’i.The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with MapmyIndia, thereby enabling map services in ‘UMANG App’.
ii.UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance.
iii.This collaboration is on the lines to enhance the initiatives of Digital India Programme under the theme of Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
It was the first company to build India’s digital maps, India’s internet mapping portal & technologies, India’s GPS Navigation Auto-tech System along with nationwide Digital Address.
Headquarters– New Delhi
Chairman & Managing Director (MD)– Rakesh Verma
About Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY):
Union Minister– Ashwini Vaishnaw (Constituency- Odisha)
Minister of State (MoS)– Rajeev Chandrasekhar (Constituency- Karnataka)
>>Read Full News
R K Singh Inaugurates New Initiatives for Energy Efficiency in Building SectorUnion Minister for Power, R K Singh inaugurated ‘Aiming for Sustainable Habitat: New Initiatives in Building Energy Efficiency 2021’, which is a set of 6 new initiatives aimed at improving energy efficiency in the building sector.
- The new initiatives were launched virtually by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). It was inaugurated by R K Singh as part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’ (Celebration of 75 years of India’s Independence).
- The new initiatives will help in enhancing energy-efficiency levels in residential buildings across India, which will lead to sustainable habitation.
9th Integrated Ratings for State Power Distribution Utilities
R K Singh released the 9th Integrated Ratings for State Power Distribution Utilities. It covers 41 State Power Distribution Utilities (spread across 22 states) for the rating period FY 2019-20.
About Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
Director General – Abhay Bakre
Headquarters – New Delhi
>>Read Full News
PM Modi Inaugurates Railway Projects worth INR 1,110 Crore in GujaratPrime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated & dedicated several Railway Projects worth INR 1,100 crore in Gujarat.
- Inauguration of India’s 1st Re-developed railway station – Gandhinagar Capital Railway Station.
- Gauge converted cum electrified Mahesana – Varetha line & the newly electrified 266 Km Surendranagar – Pipavav section (~ INR 289 crores).
- Inauguration of 3-new attractions at Gujarat Science City, Ahmedabad.
- PM Flagged off 2 new trains i.e Gandhinagar Capital – Varanasi Superfast Express and MEMU (Mainline Electric Multiple Unit) service trains between Gandhinagar Capital and Varetha.
Refurbished Gandhinagar Capital Railway Station
PM Modi inaugurated the newly renovated Gandhinagar Capital railway station. It is India’s 1st redeveloped station in line with Narendra Modi government’s plan to modernise railway stations through Public Private Partnerships.
- It has been redeveloped at a cost of ~INR 71 crore with world-class amenities, at par with modern airports.
- A newly-built five-star hotel atop the renovated Gandhinagar railway station was also inaugurated. It has been built at a cost of ~ INR 800 crore by the Railways, and the Gandhinagar Railway and Urban Development Corporation (GARUD).
Chief Minister – Vijay Rupani
Capital – Gandhinagar
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
About Ministry of Railways
Union Minister – Ashwini Vaishnaw (Rajya Sabha – Odisha)
MoS – Danve Raosaheb Dadarao (Jalna, Maharashtra), Darshana Vikram Jardosh (Surat, Gujarat)
>>Read Full News
PFRDA Increased the FDI Limit of NPS fund managers to 74% from 49%In July 2021, the ‘Pension Funds Regulatory and Development Authority’ (PFRDA) has made amendments over the PFRDA (Pension Fund) Regulations, 2015 and modified the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit in the pension fund management under the National Pension System (NPS) to 74 percent from 49 percent.
PFMs under NPS:
i.The NPS has 7 Pension Fund Managers (PFMs) to manage the funds of individuals as per their choice.
ii.Out of 7 PFMs, HDFC Pension Management, ICICI Prudential Pension Funds, Kotak Mahindra Pension Fund and Aditya Birla Sun Life Pension Management have foreign investments, hence the current increased percent of FDI will benefit them.
- The other PFMs are LIC Pension Fund, SBI Pension Funds, UTI Retirement Solutions.
Note – SBI Pension Funds Private Limited is the default PFM under NPS i.e. if a user doesn’t choose among the 7 available PFMs, SBI Pension Funds would manage their funds.
About National Pension System (NPS):
i.It is a voluntary defined contribution pension system in India, it was implemented in 2004 for public sectors and later expanded for private sectors in 2009. It was administered and regulated by PFRDA.
ii.It is portable across jobs and locations i.e it would allow a shift from one job/location to another.
iii.Pension plans or retirement plans that are offered by Mutual funds and Insurance companies are not under the jurisdiction of PFRDA.
>>Read Full News
CESL Partnered with WRI India to Build Strategy for Renewable Energy Sector In July 2021, Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL) and the World Resources Institute (WRI) India entered into a partnership to devise strategies for India’s transition path towards a net-zero emission.
- Under the partnership, WRI India will support CESL to build adaptive business models to support state governments to decentralise renewable energy, realise their targets, and improve battery storage capacities.
- The partnership would also support CESL to streamline India’s efforts under transition to electric vehicles (EV).
About Net-zero emission:
i.Net-zero emission refers to the Carbon neutrality i.e achieving net-zero carbon dioxide emissions, which in turn refers to the balance between the amount of greenhouse gas produced and the amount removed from the atmosphere.
ii.A country will reach net zero when the amount of carbon dioxide they add is not more than the amount taken away.
About Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL):
CESL is a subsidiary of the state-owned Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL), a joint venture of public sector companies under the Ministry of Power
Headquarters – New Delhi
MD & CEO – Mahua Acharya
About World Resources Institute (WRI) India:
Establishment – 2011
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO – O P Agarwal
India’s 1st Monk Fruit Cultivation Exercise begins in Kullu, HP
The ‘monk fruit’ which is native to China was introduced for field trials in Himachal Pradesh (HP) by Palampur-based Council of Scientific Research and Industrial Technology-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (CSIR-IHBT) in Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. It is the 1st ever monk fruit cultivation exercise in India.
- The field trials have begun 3 years after the CSIR-IHBT imported its seeds from China. It is currently cultivated only in China.
- Monk Fruit is known for its properties as a non-caloric natural sweetener.
23Mn children Missed Routine Vaccinations in 2020; India showed max increase in children missing DTP-1: WHO/UNICEF StudyIn accordance with the official data published by WHO (World Health Organization) and UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) namely ‘WHO/UNICEF estimates of national immunization coverage (WUENIC)’ on comprehensive worldwide childhood immunization figures’ 23 million children missed out on basic vaccines through routine immunization services in 2020.
- This figure is 3.7 million more than in 2019.
- These were the first official figures to reflect global service disruptions due to COVID-19.
India showed Greatest Increase in Children Missing DTP-1
Notably, India topped the countries with the greatest increase, missing diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis combined vaccine (DTP-1) i.e. first dose with 1’403’000 vaccinations in 2019 and 3’038’000 in 2020. India’s DPT-3 (3rd dose) coverage also fell from 91% to 85%.
- On global front the, DTP-3 fell from 86% in 2019 to 83% in 2020 while 3.5 million more children missed DTP-1 in 2020 as compared to 2019
- This is the highest drop in DTP3 vaccine coverage since 2008.
Table showing Top-5 Countries with the greatest increase in children not receiving a first dose of DTP-1
i.Of those 23 million children, more than 60% live in 10 countries of India, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Pakistan, Indonesia, Ethiopia, Brazil, Philippines, Angola and Mexico and 17 million of them did not receive any vaccines (zero-dose children).
- Most of these children hail to communities affected by conflict, in under-served remote places, or in slums deprived of basic health and key social services.
ii.The WHO Southeast Asian and Eastern Mediterranean regions are most affected in immunization services disruptions.
iii.Middle-income countries account for an increasing share of unprotected children.
iv.Vaccinations against human papillomavirus (HPV) which protect girls against cervical cancer are also highly affected due school closures.
- Globally only 13% girls were vaccinated against HPV, falling from 15% in 2019.
v.UNICEF, WHO and partners like GAVI (formerly the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation) Alliance are supporting efforts to strengthen immunization systems.
- These agencies target global Immunization Agenda 2030, which aims to achieve 90% coverage for essential childhood vaccines.
EU Proposes World’s 1st Carbon Border TaxEuropean Commission (EC), the executive branch of European Union (EU) proposed plans to impose World’s 1st ‘Carbon Border Tax’ from 2026 on imports of carbon-intensive goods, including steel, cement, fertilisers and aluminium as part of a programme to meet its new climate target (Reducing emissions by 55% from 1990 levels by 2030).
- It aims to protect European industries from competitors abroad not subject to the same carbon levies.
- During the transitional phase from 2023-25, Importers will monitor and report their emissions.
i.The proposal mandates importers to buy digital certificates representing the tonnage of Carbon Dioxide emissions embedded in their imported goods.
ii.Importers will be able to claim a reduction in carbon border costs, if the goods have been subject to a carbon levy in their country of manufacture.
iii.At present, around 64 carbon pricing instruments like emissions trading schemes or taxes are in use around the world (including China & US). But it covers only 21% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
About European Commission (EU)
It is the Executive branch of European Union (EU)
President – Ursula von der Leyen
Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium
Africa – 1st Continent to complete collection of Digital Land Use DataUnder the Africa Open DEAL initiative, a complete collection of accurate, comprehensive digital land use data was collected across the African Continent, making Africa the 1st Continent in the World to have complete digital land use data.
i.This survey is an initiative by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the African Union Commission (AUC), and conducted by 2018 to 2020.
ii.The data also revealed that Africa has over 7 billion trees outside forest area, indicating the continent has increased crop land by over 25% compared to 2018.
iii.Land use data can be used to study the potential of various countries in Africa and can be used in the fight against hunger.
About Africa Open DEAL:
i.Africa Open DEAL (Data for the Environment, Agriculture and Land Initiative) is an initiative to conduct land data on Africa using “Collect Earth” – an Open Source Software by FAO.
ii.Collect Earth, worked in synchrony with Google Earth, Bing Maps and Google Earth Engine to collect digital land data.
iii.The survey included 100 parameters – covering tree counts, farmlands, wildfires and existing infrastructure among others.
About Food & Agriculture Organisation (FAO):
Director General – Qu Dongyu
Headquarters – Rome, Italy
Motto – “Fiat panis” (Let there be bread)
US, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan to form Quad group for Afghan Peace ProcessIn accordance with the United States (US) State Department notification, the US, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan are all set to create a new quadrilateral diplomatic group to promote the Afghan peace process, stability and trade in the region.
- This formation of this quad group is on the lines of deteriorating security situation in Afghanistan as Taliban claimed control of 85% of Afghanistan after the withdrawal of US military forces from the country.
i.This group will engage in enhancing regional trade, build new transit routes and strengthen business ties.
ii.US officials also urged the neighboring countries of Afghanistan and other south and central Asian countries to support the Afghan Defense Forces.
Overview of EAM Jaishankar’s visit to Tajikistan & Uzbekistan
India’s External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar paid a visit to Tajikistan (13-14th July) & Uzbekistan (15-16th July) to participate in regional forum meetings.
- He visited Tajikistan to participate in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation – Council of Foreign Ministers Meeting (SCO-FMM) & the Contact Group on Afghanistan held at Dushanbe, Capital of Tajikistan.
- Jaishankar visited Uzbekistan to participate in the Central-South Asia Conference 2021.
EAM visited Tajikistan at the invitation of Foreign Minister Mr. Sirojiddin Muhriddin to participate in the SCO Council of Foreign Ministers.
- SCO Contact Group on Afghanistan – The foreign ministers of the 8-member countries carried out a detailed deliberation on the deteriorating security situation in Afghanistan.
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
It is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance that was established on June 15, 2001 in Shanghai, China.
i.Total members – 8; Observers – 4. India & Pakistan joined SCO in 2017.
EAM Jaishankar visited Uzbekistan to participate in the ‘Central-South Asia conference’ titled“Central and South Asia: Regional Connectivity, Challenges and Opportunities (Connectivity Conference)” held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. It was hosted by Uzbekistan.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
Secretary General – Vladimir Norov
Headquarters – Beijing, China
President – Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Capital – Tashkent
Currency – Uzbekistan Som (UZS)
>>Read Full News
COVID-19 pushed over 120 million people into Extreme poverty: ECOSOCIn July 2021, the High -Level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) conducted the review meeting on the 2030 Agenda for attaining the 17 SDGs. The meeting was hosted by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). During the review meeting, ECOSOC mentioned that, COVID-19 crisis has pushed 119 million to 124 million people into extreme poverty.
i.Countries across the World shall enact Gender-responsive policies to build back a better future and refocus on attaining SDGs by 2030.
Established – 1945
Headquarters – New York, USA
President – Munir Akram
>>Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
BoM Signed MoU with NABARD to Improve PSL in MaharashtraIn July 2021, the Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ‘National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development’ (NABARD) to foster the existing developmental initiatives that are linked to Priority Sector Lending (PSL) in Maharashtra.
- The MoU is intended to benefit farmers, farmer producer organisations, joint liability groups, self-help groups, rural artisans, weavers, agri-preneurs, agri start-ups, and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the State.
- Under the MoU, the BoM will work with NABARD to develop the rural areas in Maharashtra.
- BoM is the convenor bank of the State Level Bankers’ Committee (SLBC) of Maharashtra.
About Bank of Maharashtra (BoM):
Establishment – Incorporated in 1935, Commenced Operations in 1936
Headquarters – Pune, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – A.S Rajeev
Tagline – One Family One Bank
>>Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Two Indian Organisations Won UNDP Equator Prize 2021Two communities from India viz, Aadhimalai Pazhangudiyinar Producer Company Limited and Snehakunja Trust won the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Equator Prize 2021– for their exceptional achievement in showcasing local, innovative, nature-based solutions for tackling biodiversity loss and climate change and achieving their local development goals.
- Equator Prize 2021 was awarded to 10 trailblazing Indigenous and local solutions. The winners were selected from 126 nations.
- Each received a prize of US$10,000 and the opportunity to join a series of special virtual events associated with the UN General Assembly, the Nature for Life Hub and the UN Food Systems Summit later in 2021.
- Aadhimalai Pazhangudiyinar Producer Company Limited is a 1,700-member cooperative, which is managed and run entirely by Indigenous people from the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve in Southern India.
- Snehakunja Trust is currently piloting the 1st blue carbon project in India.
About United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) in India:
Establishment – UNDP has worked in India since 1951
Headquarters (India) – New Delhi
UNDP Resident Representative in India – Shoko Noda
>>Read Full News
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
IAMAI Appointed Google India MD Sanjay Gupta as its Chairman
Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) has appointed Google India Vice President and Managing Director Sanjay Gupta as its Chairman for 2021-23 by succeeding Amit Agarwal, Amazon Senior Vice President and India Country Manager.
- IAMAI has also named Facebook India Vice President and Managing Director Ajit Mohan as Vice Chairman of its association by succeeding Dhruv Shringi, Yatra.com co-founder and CEO.
- Harshil Mathur, CEO and Co-founder of Razorpay was elected as the Treasurer of IAMAI succeeding Satyan Gajwani, Vice Chairman of Times Internet Ltd.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Reliance Retail Acquired 40.95% Stake in Just Dial for Rs 3,497 CroreReliance Retail Ltd, the largest retail player of India and the subsidiary of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has made an agreement with Just Dial Ltd and its founder & managing director VSS Mani to acquire an aggregate of 40.95 percent share of controlling stake in Just Dial for a total of Rs 3,497 crore.
- Initially Reliance Retail will acquire a 25.33 percent stake through preferential shares (at a price of Rs 1,022.25 per share) and later it will buy another 15.62 percent from Just Dial founder VSS Mani (at a price per share of Rs 1,020).
- After the acquisition, Reliance Retail plans to make an open offer to Just Dial’s public shareholders to acquire up to 2.17 crore equity shares representing 26 percent.
- The current acquisition by Reliance Retail is intended to strengthen its online presence, with the same motive, it has recently acquired online pharmacy Netmeds and furniture retailer Urban Ladder.
- VSS Mani will again continue as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Just Dial after acquisition.
About Just Dial Ltd:
Establishment – 1996, 2007 (www.justdial.com launched)
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO – VSS Mani
About Reliance Group:
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Group Chairman & CEO – Anil Dhirubhai Ambani
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
BrahMos Extended Range Version fails during Test-firing off the coast of OdishaThe extended range version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile failed during a test firing being carried out off the coast of Odisha and fell shortly after takeoff. BrahMos supersonic cruise missile earlier was used for range upto 290-Km but this version is capable of hitting targets up to 450 kilometres.
- It is expected that the missile failed due to issues with the propulsion system but the exact cause will be assessed by the joint team of scientists from the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and BrahMos Aerospace Corporation.
About BrahMos supersonic cruise missile:
i.It is developed by BrahMos Aerospace which is a joint venture (JV) between DRDO and NPO Mashinostroyenia (NPOM) of Russia.
ii.It is the fastest supersonic cruise missile in the world.
iii.Its name comes from two rivers, the Brahmaputra in India and the Moskva in Russia.
iv.It can be launched from submarines, ships, aircraft, or land.
Indian Navy receives 1st Batch of MH-60R helicopters from US NavyIn July 2021, Indian Navy received the 1st batch of 2 MH-60R Multi Role Helicopters (MRH) from the United States (US) Navy. The helicopters were formally transferred during an event, which was attended by Taranjit Singh Sandhu – Indian Ambassador to US.
i.India has ordered a total of 24 MH-60R Helicopters to the US government at an estimated cost of USD 2.4 billion. The Helicopters will be manufactured by Lockheed Martin.
About MH-60R Multi Role Helicopters:
i.MH-60R helicopter is an all-weather helicopter designed to support multiple missions with enhanced performance like vertical replenishment, search and rescue, and communications.
ii.Induction of the all-weather multi-role helicopters comes with anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare in India-US bilateral defence ties.
iii.Indian cabinet had approved the purchase of helicopters in February 2020
About United States of America (USA):
Joe Biden is the 46th President of USA
US Secretary of State – Antony Blinken
No of States in USA – 50
Pulitzer Prize-winning Indian Photojournalist Danish Siddiqui Killed in AfghanistanIndian photojournalist and Pulitzer prize winner Danish Siddiqui (38 years old), was killed by the Taliban militants in Spin Boldak district of Afghanistan’s Kandahar province. He was killed while covering the fighting between Afghan security forces and the Taliban.
He hails from Delhi, India.
According to the United Nations, more than 33 journalists were killed in Afghanistan between 2018 and 2021.
About Danish Siddiqui:
i.Danish Siddiqui, a Mumbai based photojournalist, heads the Reuters Pictures multimedia team in India.
ii.He has been working as a Reuters photographer since 2010.
iii.He has covered the war in Iraq, the Hong Kong pro-democracy protests of 2019-2020, the deadly earthquakes in Nepal in 2015, the Mass Games in North Korea and the living conditions of asylum seekers in Switzerland.
- He along with his co-workers from Reuters won the Pulitzer prize in 2018 for covering the Rohingya refugee crisis in Bangladesh.
- He has been honoured with various photojournalism awards in the USA, England, China and India.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
“The Great Big Lion” Book Drawn & Written by Canadian Mensa Prodigy Chryseis Knight Canadian Mensa Prodigy, Chryseis Knight(7 years old), one of the world’s youngest authors and illustrators, has drawn and written the book titled “The Great Big Lion”.The book is published by India Puffin, Imprint of Penguin Random House in India.
- She wrote the book “The Great Big Lion” at the age of 3.
- The book connects to children and educates them about empathy, friendship, nature and conservation.
About Chryseis Knight:
i.Chryseis Knight was born in 2014 in Singapore and currently resides in Canada.
ii.At the age of 2, she was inducted into MENSA, the largest and oldest high IQ society in the world.
iii.In 2020, she published another children’s book titled “Capturing thunder”.
Former Minister Khemlata Wakhlu Authored a New Book “A Kashmiri Century: Portrait of a Society in Flux”
Khem Lata Wakhlu, former cabinet minister has authored a new book titled “A Kashmiri Century: Portrait of a Society in Flux” which is to be released in July 2021. The book portrays the lives of Kashmiris,Hindus and Mulslims alike, along with the view of Kashmir’s ethos and culture. The book was published by Harper Collins India.
- Khem Lata Wakhlu has served as a member of the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Legislative Assembly for 12 years. She has also served as the Minister of Tourism in J&K from 1984 to 1986.
- At present She is serving as the senior advisor to the Jammu & Kashmir Congress Committee.
Day of International Criminal Justice 2021 – July 17 Day of International Criminal Justice is annually observed across the globe by the International Criminal Court (ICC) on 17th July to recognise the efforts of modern justice against international criminal acts and its role in bringing peace and security to the world.
- The day is also known as World Day of International Justice and International Criminal Justice day.
i.The Assembly of State Parties to observe July 17 as the Day of International Criminal Justice.
ii.The decision was taken at the Review Conference of the Rome Statute held in Kampala, Uganda on 1st June 2010.
Why 17th July?
17th July marks the anniversary of the adoption of the Rome Statute on 17 July 1998, the founding treaty of the ICC, the world’s first permanent international criminal court.
- The Rome Statute is signed by 137 countries and ratified by 123 countries.
About International Criminal Court (ICC):
President– Judge Piotr Hofmański (Poland)
Headquarters– The Hague, the Netherlands
>>Read Full News
Assam FM presents INR 566.20 Crore Deficit State Budget for FY 2021-22Assam Finance Minister Ajanta Neog (1st Woman Finance Minister of Assam) presented an INR 566.20 Crore Deficit State Budget for the FY 2021-22.
- The new budget did not propose any Tax on the Public.
- During the FY 2020-21, the Tax Department’s collection declined to INR 14, 645 crores from INR 14,967 crore due to COVID-19.
i.An amount of INR 1 lakh will be provided to the next of kin of COVID-19 victims.
ii.As part of the Orunodoi scheme, the Government has announced an increase of monthly financial benefit provided to women from INR 830 to INR 1,000.
iii.The formation of the Department of Indigenous Faith & Culture was announced in the Budget. INR 100 crore has been earmarked for the department.
Chief Minister – Himanta Biswa Sarma
Capital – Dispur
Governor – Professor Jagdish Mukhi
>>Read Full News
Click Here View – AC Excluded News 2021
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 18 & 19 July 2021|
|1||MeitY inked MoU with MapmyIndia for Map Services in ‘UMANG App’|
|2||R K Singh Inaugurates New Initiatives for Energy Efficiency in Building Sector|
|3||PM Modi Inaugurates Railway Projects worth INR 1,110 Crore in Gujarat|
|4||PFRDA Increased the FDI Limit of NPS fund managers to 74% from 49%|
|5||CESL Partnered with WRI India to Build Strategy for Renewable Energy Sector|
|6||India’s 1st Monk Fruit Cultivation Exercise begins in Kullu, HP|
|7||23Mn children Missed Routine Vaccinations in 2020; India showed max increase in children missing DTP-1: WHO/UNICEF Study|
|8||EU Proposes World’s 1st Carbon Border Tax|
|9||Africa – 1st Continent to complete collection of Digital Land Use Data|
|10||US, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan to form Quad group for Afghan Peace Process|
|11||Overview of EAM Jaishankar’s visit to Tajikistan & Uzbekistan|
|12||COVID-19 pushed over 120 million people into Extreme poverty: ECOSOC|
|13||BoM Signed MoU with NABARD to Improve PSL in Maharashtra|
|14||Two Indian Organisations Won UNDP Equator Prize 2021|
|15||IAMAI Appointed Google India MD Sanjay Gupta as its Chairman|
|16||Reliance Retail Acquired 40.95% Stake in Just Dial for Rs 3,497 Crore|
|17||BrahMos Extended Range Version fails during Test-firing off the coast of Odisha|
|18||Indian Navy receives 1st Batch of MH-60R helicopters from US Navy|
|19||Pulitzer Prize-winning Indian Photojournalist Danish Siddiqui Killed in Afghanistan|
|20||“The Great Big Lion” Book Drawn & Written by Canadian Mensa Prodigy Chryseis Knight|
|21||The book ‘A Kashmiri Century — Portrait Of A Society In Flux’ by Khem Lata Wakhlu|
|22||Day of International Criminal Justice 2021 – July 17|
|23||Assam FM presents INR 566.20 Crore Deficit State Budget for FY 2021-22|