AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Agricultural online trading portal e-NAM has completed 4yrs of implementation. Name the lead agency which implements the portal under aegis of Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ welfare.
1) Agriculture Regulatory Authority of India
2) National Informatics Centre
3) Bureau of Indian Standards
4) Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium
5) Confederation of Indian IndustryAnswer-4) Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium
Agriculture online trading portal Electronic- National Agriculture Market (e-NAM), to complete 4 years of implementation. The Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) is the leading agency to implement it, under the assistance of the Ministry of Agriculture and Tribal Welfare of the Government of India.
- Name the organisation which forms core strategy group to find measures to prevent COVID-19.
1) Indian Space Research Organisation
2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
3) Indian Institute of Science
4) Indian Council of Medical Research
5) Tata Institute of Fundamental ResearchAnswer-2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research), a premier national R&D (Research & Development) organization has set up a core strategy group (CSG) to work related to coronavirus (COVID-19) under 5 verticals namely Digital and Molecular Surveillance; Rapid and Economical Diagnostics; New Drugs / Repurposing of Drugs and associated production processes; Hospital Assistive Devices and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment); and, Supply Chain and Logistics Support Systems.
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has tightened restrictions on import on refined palm oil. DGFT works under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Finance
2) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
3) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ WelfareAnswer-3) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
The Central Government further tightens the restrictions on imports of refined palm oil which was imposed by Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) under ministry of commerce and industry on January 8, 2020. As per the ongoing restrictions an importer to seek a license or permission or no-objection certificate for the imports of refined palm oil. New Conditions for import of refined palm oil: -Applications for import authorisation should be accompanied with pre-purchase agreement and details of the import for the past three years. -Validity period of import licenses for refined palm oil will be 6 months in place of usual 18 months.
- Ministry of Agriculture has launched a call centre for agri logistics for movement of vegetables and fruits. Who among the following are Minister of State of Ministry of Agriculture?
2) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
3) Kailash Choudhary
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)Answer-5) Both 1) and 3)
The Agriculture Ministry has set up a call centre to ease the difficulties in agri logistics, particularly the inter- State movement of perishable vegetables and fruits as well as agri inputs such as seeds, pesticides and fertilisers.Minister of State– ParshottamRupala, Kailash Choudhary.
- Name the 1st state in India which integrates Ayurveda and Allopathy to boost immunity of covid-19 patients.
3) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-1) Goa
Goa Chief Minister (CM) Pramod Sawant announced that Goa becomes the first state to integrate allopathy and Ayurveda to treat COVID-19 patients and those who have been quarantined.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in its report titled ‘Exit from the Lockdown: A CII Strategy’ suggested phase-wise lockdown. Who is the President of CII?
1) Chandrajit Banerjee
2) Vikram S. Kirloskar
3) Sangita Reddy
5) Kailash ChowdryAnswer-2) Vikram S. Kirloskar
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in its report titled “Exit from the Lockdown: A CII Strategy” has recommended phase-wise lifting of the lockdown based on the incidence of COVID cases. In this regard, the report made three classifications of geographies as red, amber and green.Vikram S. Kirloskar is the president of CII.
- In How many phase Census India-2021 will be conducted (announced on March 2020)?
5) 2Answer-5) 2
The Census India-2021 will be conducted in two phases. The first phase will begin from the 1st of next month and will continue until the 30th of September of this year.
- UN has approved $2.5 million to help Vanuatu affected by cyclone Harold. What is the capital and currency of Vanuatu?
1) Port Vila & Euro
2) Port Vila & Vatu
3) Honara& Pound
4) Suva & Dollar
5) Suva & PoundAnswer-2) Port Vila & Vatu
The United Nations (UN) humanitarian chief Mark Lowcock announced and released 2.5 million dollar from its emergency humanitarian fund to help thousands of people in the South Pacific island nation of Vanuatu affected by Cyclone Harold and offered support to other hard-hit countries. Capital – Port Vila & Currency – Vatu
- As per study of which world organisation, only 1/4th of Indians pay for news, but 2/3rd willing to pay?
1) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
2) World Trade Organisation
3) World Bank
4) World Economic Forum
5) Common Wealth NationsAnswer-4) World Economic Forum
The survey of news and entertainment consumers conducted by the World Economic Forum (WEF) states that Only 1/4th of Indians pay for news, but 2/3rd willing to pay.
- What will be the penalty (in basis points) on banks if they failed to invest TLTRO funds in 30 working days as announced by RBI?
3) 100 bps
5) 25bpsAnswer-1) 200bps
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has instructed banks that they need to invest the mandated 50% of the funds raised through targeted long-term repo operations (TLTRO) route, under the first tranche conducted on March 27, 2020,in corporate bonds or specified securities within a month or 30 working days.RBI to slap 200 bps penal interest If failed, the interest rate on un-deployed funds will increase to prevailing policy repo rate plus 200 bps (basis points) additional penal interests will have to be paid for the number of days such funds remain un-deployed. The present policy rate is 4.40%.
- What is the interest rate in RBI’s new series of the Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) Scheme namely “Sovereign Gold Bond 2020-21” for 1st half of FY21?
5) 1.25%Answer-4) 2.50%
The Central government after exercising its power conferred under clause (iii) of section 3 of Government securities Act 2006 has launched a new series of the Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) Scheme namely“Sovereign Gold Bond 2020-21” which is to be issued by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in six tranches from April 2020 to September 2020 i.e. in first half of FY 20-21. Their sale will be restricted to resident individuals, HUFs, Trusts, Universities and Charitable Institutions.GoI Launches Sovereign Gold Bonds Scheme These bonds will fetch a fixed interest rate of 2.50% per annum which will be taxable under Income Tax Act, 1961. On the other hand, capital gains tax arising on redemption of SGB to an individual has been exempted.
- What is the retail inflation rate for the month of March 2020 in India as per data of National Statistical Office (NSO)?
5) 4.41%Answer-3) 5.91%
The National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has estimated retail inflation rate, to a 4-month low of 5.91% for March 2020 which is lower than 6.58% in February 2020, due to easing prices of kitchen essentials such as vegetables, eggs and meat & is measured by All India Inflation Rates based on Consumer Price Index (CPI) and Consumer Food Price Index (CFPI).
- Nomura has projected a downward revision by 6.1% for Indian economy in the April-June quarter, Nomura is brokerage agency of which country?
3) South Korea
5) ThailandAnswer-1) Japan
The Japanese brokerage company Nomura has projected a downward revision by 6.1% for Indian economy in the April-June quarter and by 0.5% for the September quarter. It is likely to expand only in the December quarter of 2020 by 1.4%. The economy will grow at 3.2% in the January-March period. Nomura is also expecting another 0.75% rate cuts by RBI to push growth in 2020. The major factor behind all these trims is the COVID-19 crisis.
- What is the Bank Rate growth of India for the FY20 as per RBI data?
5) 7.15%Answer-3) 6.14%
In accordance with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, Bank credit growth declined to five-decade low to 6.14% in the fiscal ended March 31, 2020, due to lower demand and risk aversion among banks.
- How many Indian-Americans has been awarded with Guggenheim fellowships 2020?
5) 3Answer-3) 4
4 Indian-Americans have been awarded with Guggenheim fellowships 2020 for their already demonstrated exceptional capacity for productive scholarship or exceptional creative ability in the arts. The 4 Indian- Americans are: Pradeep Sharma- mechanical engineer at the University of Houston; Kavita Ramanan- professor of Applied Mathematics at Brown University; Dilip Da Cunha- architect, planner and teacher at Harvard University and Columbia University; Mukul Sharma- professor of Earth Sciences at Dartmouth College.
- Businessman Rajesh Chaplot has won the highest civilian award of which among the following country?
5) FinlandAnswer-2) Uganda
Non-Resident Indian (NRI) businessman, Mr. Rajesh Chaplot was honoured with the Highest Civilian Award (Golden Jubilee Medal-Civilians) of Uganda.
- CCI has approved Emerge Sage Investment Limited’s Acquisition of 9.93% stake in which among the following company?
1) CEAT Tyres
2) Apollo Tyres
3) MRF Tyres
4) TVS Tyres
5) JK TyresAnswer-2) Apollo Tyres
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved Emerald Sage Investment Limited (Emerald)’s- ‘acquirer’ proposed acquisition of 9.93% stake in Apollo Tyres Limited (Apollo)- ‘target’, where the acquirer’s compulsory convertible preferred stock to be 10.80 crore, which is approximately 9.93% of the post-issued paid-up share capital of the target company.
- Which country has approved the sale of Harpoon Block II missiles & MK 54 lightweight torpedoes worth $155 million to India?
1) Saudi Arabia
3) United States
5) ChinaAnswer-3) United States
According to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, the US (United States) President Donald Trump’s administration has approved the sale of Harpoon Block II air launched missiles & MK 54 lightweight torpedoes priced a total of $ 155 million to India to combat regional threats and increase the security of its soil.
- The Department of Telecommunications & C-DOT along with Telecom Service Providers has Developed COVID-19 Quarantine alert system. Who is the present Minister for Communications?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Harsh Vardhan
3) Narendra Singh Tomar
4) Ravi Shankar Prasad
5) Nirmala SitharamanAnswer-4) Ravi Shankar Prasad
The Department of Telecommunication (Under ministry of communications – Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union minister) and C-DOT (Centre for Development of Telematics) in coordination with Telecom Service Providers have developed and tested COVID Quarantine Alert System application which automatically triggers an email (Electronic Mail) or SMS (Short Message Service) if any identified corona positive person moves away from their quarantine location.
- Which Smart phone manufacturing company has launched internet-less payment app for feature phones?
5) LavaAnswer-5) Lava
Indian mobile phone manufacturer Lava has introduced a new internet-less payment solution meant for feature phones. The app uses the Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) platform to make payments over a mobile GSM (Global System for Mobile) network and doesn’t require active internet connections.
- MV Rajashekharan the former Union Minister & Congressman, who passed away in April 2020 belongs to which Indian state?
3) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-1) Karnataka
Former Union Minister of State of planning and statistics, veteran Congress leader and agriculture and rural development consultant M V Rajasekharan passed away at 91 in a hospital at Bangalore. He was born on 12th September 1928 in Maralawadi in Ramanagara District, Karnataka.
- First class cricketer Walter D’Souza who passed away in April 2020 belongs to which state?
5) GujaratAnswer-5) Gujarat
Former Gujarat cricketer, Walter D’Souza, 93, passed away in his sleep. He was one of India’s oldest living first-class cricketers’, whose first-class career lasted for nearly two decades from 1947-1948 to 1965-1966.
- Bullet Prakash who passed away recently is an actor in which regional language?
5) TamilAnswer-4) Kannada
Kannada actor ‘Bullet’ Prakash passed away at the age of 44 years due to illness in Bengaluru, who had acted in 325 films and known for his comedic roles.
- The 1st ever World Chagas Disease Day was observed on _______,2020.
1) April 12
2) April 14
3) April 17
4) April 9
5) April 11Answer-2) April 14
The International Federation of Associations of People affected by Chagas Disease proposed the celebration of World Chagas Disease Day on April 14 to the World Health Assembly and on May 24, 2019 World Health Organisation’s (WHO’s) decision making body endorsed the proposal with the support of many health institutions, universities and national and international non-governmental organisations.So the 1st ever World Chagas Disease Day was observed on April 14, 2020.
- Which edition of Siachen Day was observed by Indian Army on April 13, 2020?
5) 70thAnswer-1) 36th
On April 13, 2020, The Indian Army observed the 36th Siachen day to pay tribute to the brave soldiers who laid down their lives while protecting the frontiers of the country in Ladakh at the Corps Headquarters in Leh and Siachen base camp, the world’s highest and coldest battlefield.
- What is the Theme for International Children’s Book Day 2020 which was celebrated on April 2 (annually)?
1) Theme: “The small is big in a book”
2) Theme: “A Hunger for words”
3) Theme: “Let Us Grow With the Book”
4) Theme: “Once Upon a time”
5) Theme: “Many Cultures one Day”Answer-2) Theme: “A Hunger for words”
International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) is observed every year on April 2. The day is celebrated to inspire a love of reading and to call attention to children’s books. Theme of the year 2020: A Hunger for words.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has developed double layered khadi masksrecently. KVIC functions under which ministry? Answer-Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME)
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) organisation under Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME)has successfully developed a double layered Khadi mask and has procured orders for supplying it in large quantities
- Who is the present Governor of Goa? Answer-Sathya Pal Malik
- Who is the President of Country Vanuatu? Answer-Tallis Obed Moses
- Who is the Chairman of Competition Commission of India (CCI)? Answer-Ashok Kumar Gupta
- Nagarhole National Park is in which state? Answer-Karnataka
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]