AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 & 15 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the flood warning system which was jointly launched by Uddhav Thackeray (Maharashtra CM) & Harsh Vardhan (Earth science minister) in Mumbai.
The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Uddhav Thackeray and Union Earth science minister Harsh Vardhan jointly launched the state-of-the-art Integrated Flood Warning System (I-FLOWS) in Mumbai with an aim to alleviate and monitor the flood activities by providing early warning in the city during high rainfall and cyclone events. The system can estimate floods up to 3 days in advance, it was developed by Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) and Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) functioning under the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) along with Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM).
- EXIM bank has provided line of credit (LOC) of $215.68 million to the Malawi for drinking water schemes & other development projects recently. Where is the HQ of EXIM bank located?
2) New Delhi
Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) has provided a line of credit (LOC) of $215.68 million to the Malawi government for drinking water supply schemes and other development projects. Exim bank: Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Find the person who was appointed as the brand ambassador of Bihar’s Khadi.
1) Pankaj Tripathi
2) Anupam Kher
3) Boman Irani
4) Om Puri
5) Swara bhaskar
Answer-1) Pankaj Tripathi
Pankaj Tripathi, Bollywood Actor, was appointed as the brand ambassador of Bihar’s Khadi by the Government of Bihar.He will promote the usage of Khadi product as well as the Patna’s Khadi Mall.
- Imtaiyazur Rahman has been appointed as the CEO of which mutual fund?
1) UTI Asset Management Company
2) Canara Robeco Asset Management Company
3) BNP Paribas Asset Management India
4) Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC
5) Axis Asset Management Company
Answer-1) UTI Asset Management Company
UTI Asset Management Board appointed Imtaiyazur Rahman as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the UTI Asset Management Company after two years as the interim CEO. He will succeed Leo Puri whose 5-year tenure was over in August 2018.
- Who becomes the 1st ever women to reach deepest point of ocean, the Challenger deep?
1) Nancy Roman
2) Christina Koch
3) Peggy Whitson
4) Stephanie Wilson
5) Kathy Sullivan
Answer-5) Kathy Sullivan
The 68-year-old Kathy Sullivan, Former NASA astronaut and Oceanographer became the first woman to reach the Challenger Deep, the deepest point in the ocean. She is the 1st human to reach both the space and deepest point of ocean.
- Who heads the 5-member Internal working group formed by RBI to review ownership and control of Private banks?
1) Sachin Chaturvedi
2) PK Mohanty
3) Lily Vadera
4) S. C. Murmu
5) Shrimohan Yadav
Answer-2) PK Mohanty
India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up a 5-member internal working group (IWG) headed by its Central Board Director Prasanna Kumar (PK) Mohanty to review ownership guidelines and corporate structure for private banks in light of recent developments in the banking sector. The committee is due to submit its report by 30th September 2020.
- Which organization has developed dry heat treatment chamber named “GermiKlean” to sanitize uniforms of security force?
1) Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
4) National Informatics Centre (NIC)
5) National Development Centre (NDC)
Answer-2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
The sanitizing dry heat treatment chamber “GermiKlean” – developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and manufactured by Saveer Biotech Limited to sanitise the uniforms of the security forces.
- Vasant Raiji who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
India’s oldest first-class cricketer Vasant Raiji, a right-handed batsman passed away at 100 due to old-age at his residence in Walkeshwar in South Mumbai. He was born on January 26, 1920 in Vadodara (Baroda), Gujarat.
- Anand Mohan Zutshi ‘Gulzar’ Dehlvi who passed away in June 2020 is a renowned poet in which language?
Veteran Urdu poet & freedom fighter Anand Mohan Zutshi ‘Gulzar’ Dehlvi passed away at 93 due to cardiac arrest at his residency in Noida after his recovery from COVID-19. He was born in Gali Kashmeerian, Old Delhi in 1926.
- International Albinism Awareness Day (IAAD) was observed every year on June 13. What is the theme for IAAD 2020?
1) “Celebrate diversity; promote inclusion; protect our rights”
2) “Advancing with renewed hope”
3) “Made to Shine”
4) “Shining our light to the world”
5) “Still Standing Strong.”
Answer-3) “Made to Shine”
13th June of every year is observed as the International Albinism Awareness Day (IAAD) to create awareness about albinism and the human rights for the people with albinism. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) proclaimed June 13 as International Albinism Awareness Day in its resolution in 2014 and celebrated it for the first time in 2015. The theme of International Albinism Awareness Day 2020 is “Made to Shine”.
- Name the CSIR National Healthcare Supply Chain Portal which was launched by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare recently?
2) Aarogya Kisan
3) Aarogya Vidhaan
4) Aarogya Yojana
5) Aarogya Mitra
Rajesh Bhushan, the officer on Special Duty of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched a National Healthcare Supply Chain Portal Aarogyapath to provide real-time availability of critical healthcare supplies with the involvement of manufacturers, suppliers and customers.
- Which state has launched ‘Ghar ghar nigrani’ app to conduct house-to-house surveillance in the state to eliminate the COVID-19 pandemic?
Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Amarinder Singh launched mobile based app ‘Ghar ghar nigrani’ app through video conference to conduct house-to-house surveillance in the state to eliminate the COVID-19 pandemic. The app was developed in-house by the health department.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- K Sanjita Chanu who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) has cleared India’s K Sanjita Chanu of anti-doping violation over charges brought up in November 2017 citing “non-conformities” in the handling of her sample.
- National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX) commences the trading in the country’s first agri futures index NCDEX AGRIDEX. Where is the HQ of NCDEX located?
3) New Delhi
National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX) the commencement of trading in the country’s first agri futures index NCDEX AGRIDEX. NCDEX is regulated by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The HQ of NCDEX located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary is located at which Indian state?
Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary is located in Bhagalpur District of Bihar, India.
- What is the capital and currency of Malawi?
1) Dodoma & Shilling
2) Harare & RTGS Dollar
3) Lilongwe & Kwacha
4) Maputo & Metical
5) Lusaka & Pula
Answer-3) Lilongwe & Kwacha
The capital and currency of Malawi are Lilongwe & Malawian Kwacha respectively. Recently in June 2020 EXIM has given $215.68 mn LoC to Malawi.
- Harike wetland is located in which state?
Harike Wetland also known as “Hari-ke-Pattan”, with the Harike Lake in the deeper part of it, is the largest wetland in northern India in the border of Tarn Taran Sahib district and Ferozepur district of the Punjab state in India.
- Who is the President of Tanzania?
1) Yoweri Museveni
2) John Magufuli
3) Pierre Nkurunziza
4) Uhuru Kenyatta
5) Peter Mutharika
Answer-2) John Magufuli
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently thanked Dr. John Pombe Joseph Magufuli, President of the United Republic of Tanzania for the assistance provided by the Tanzanian authorities for evacuation of Indian citizens from Tanzania in the wake of COVID-19. The capital and currency of Tanzania are Dodoma & Tanzanian shilling respectively.
- Vat Phou is the UNESCO world heritage site located in which country?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently had a telephonic conversation with Prime Minister of Lao People’s Democratic Republic Dr Thongloun Sisoulith on the health and economic challenges due to Covid-19 crisis. During the conversation PM highlighted India’s historic and cultural links with Laos and expressed satisfaction at being involved in the restoration of the Vat Phou hindu temple complex (UNESCO world heritage list). The capital and currency of Laos are Vientiane & Lao kip respectively.
- K Sanjita Chanu who is in news recently is associated with which sport?