Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Cabinet Approvals on August 04 2021Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the following initiatives on August 04, 2021.
- Cabinet has approved the continuation of 1023 Fast Track Special Court (FTSCs) including 389 exclusive POCSO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) Courts as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) for 2 years from April 2021 to March 2023 with an outlay of Rs 1572.86 crore (Rs 971.70 crore Central Share and Rs 601.16 crore State share).
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the extension of the revised Samagra Shiksha Scheme for 5 years i.e., from FY22 to FY26 (2021-22 to 2025-26) with a financial outlay of Rs 2,94,283.04 crore (Central share of Rs 1,85,398.32 crore).
- Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and The Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, the oldest and largest Dutch public technological university, for academic programmes and research in Science and Technology.
About Ministry of Education:
Union Minister – Dharmendra Pradhan (Constituency – Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State – Annpurna Devi (Constituency – Kodarma, Jharkhand), Subhas Sarkar (Bankura, West Bengal), Rajkumar Ranjan Singh (Manipur)
>>Read Full News
BRO Constructed World’s Highest Road in Ladakh at 19,300 Feet Altitude; Beats Bolivia’s RecordThe Border Roads Organisation (BRO) constructed the world’s highest 52-km-long tarmac road or motorable pass at Umling LA Pass in eastern Ladakh at an altitude of 19,300 feet which has surpassed the record of a road in Bolivia, South America at 18,953 ft which connects to its volcano Uturuncu.
- This road will enhance socio-economic conditions and promote tourism in Ladakh.
Points to be noted
i.The road has been constructed at an altitude higher than the base camps of Mount Everest. The north base in Tibet is at 16,900 feet, whereas the south base camp in Nepal is 17,598 feet.
ii.It is also above the altitude of Siachen Glacier which is at 17,700 feet and the Khardung LA Pass in Leh, Ladakh is at an altitude of 17,582 feet.
iii.It connects the important towns in Chumar sector of eastern Ladakh by offering an alternate direct route connecting Chisumle and Demchok from Leh.
GoI reduces MUDRA Loan Target to INR 3 trillion in FY 2021-22Government of India (GoI) has set the Loan Disbursement Target under Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) at INR 3 trillion for the current Financial Year (FY) 2021-22. It is less than the target set in the FY of 2020-21 – INR 3.21 Trillion.
i.The target has been lowered due to the increased allocation under the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) for small businesses.
ii.In FY22, as on June 25th, loans worth INR 3,804 crore have been sanctioned by 13 Public Sector Banks (PSBs).
iii. In the previous FY 2020-21, the total loans disbursed under PMMY stood at INR 3.12 trillion, out of the sanctioned amount of INR 3.21 trillion.
Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY)
It was launched in 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and is implemented by the Ministry of Finance. It provides collateral free loans up to INR 10 lakh to the non-corporate, non-farm small/micro enterprises.
- MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Ltd) is a financial institution, which provides funding to the non-corporate small business sector through Banks, Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) and Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)
About MUDRA (Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency)
Established in April 2015 at New Delhi
Chairman – Sivasubramanian Raman
Head Office – Mumbai
>>Read Full News
Governors can Pardon Prisoners, including Death Row ones under Article 161: Supreme CourtA Supreme Court bench comprising Justices Hemant Gupta & AS Bopanna held that the Governor of a state can pardon prisoners, including death row convicts, even before they have served a minimum 14 years of prison sentence, as per constitutional powers granted to Governors under Article 161 of the Indian Constitution.
i.The court also noted that the sovereign power of a Governor to pardon a prisoner under Article 161 is actually exercised by the State government and not the Governor on his own. So, the advice of the appropriate government will be binding on the Governor.
ii.The Section 433-A of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC), will not affect the constitutional power conferred on the President/Governor to grant pardon to convicts (under Articles 72 or 161 of the Indian Constitution).
About Supreme Court
Chief Justice – Justice N.V. Ramana
Articles 124 to 147 in Part V of the Constitution of India deals with the Supreme Court.
>>Read Full News
IMD to install 200 Agro-Automatic Weather Stations for Farmers’ BenefitIn order to provide weather forecasts for farmers, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) is all set to install Agro-Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) at 200 District Agromet Units (DAMUs) located in Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) network.
- These AWSs will be used for augmenting block level Agromet Advisory Services (AAS) under Gramin Krishi Mausam Sewa (GKMS) scheme.
- This information was given by Minister of State (MoS) Dr Jitendra Singh, Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) in a written reply to Rajya Sabha.
It is implemented jointly by IMD, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and State Agricultural Universities to provide weather-based crop and livestock management strategies for the benefit of the farmers
- Under this medium-range weather forecast at district and block level is generated. Based on the forecast, Agromet Advisories are prepared and communicated by the Agromet Field Units (AMFUs) co-located with State Agricultural Universities, and DAMUs at KVKs to farmers on every Tuesday and Friday.
- This helps farmers to make decisions on day-to-day agricultural operations resulting in reduction of monetary loss and maximization of crop yield.
Points to be noted:
i.At present, 43.37 million farmers receive AAS through SMS (Short Message Service),
- AAS also provided through multi-channel dissemination systems like print and electronic media, Doordarshan, radio, internet, Kisan Portal launched by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (MoAFW) and also through private companies under Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
ii.Earlier, mobile app ‘Meghdoot’ was launched by MoES to provide weather information including alerts and related AAS specific to farmer’s districts.
ISRO launches ‘QUEST’ study to Upgrade Quality of Healthcare System of IndiaDr K Sivan, Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) formally inaugurated the Health QUEST study (Health Quality Upgradation Enabled by Space Technology of ISRO) to upgrade the healthcare systems standards of India in line with the ISRO’s quality standards and best practices.
i.The Study Team will explore the possibility of replicating ISRO’s Quality Assurance Mechanisms which are used in Space Technology in India’s hospitals. This is to ensure Zero-defect & Quality of service in the Emergency and Intensive Care Units (ICUs) of hospitals.
- The Study will be undertaken by 20 Private hospitals across India.
- ISRO’s Quality Assurance mechanism will be shared with the study team to create healthcare quality standards.
About Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
Chairman – Dr. K. Sivan
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
>>Read Full News
Germany becomes 5th country to sign ISA Framework Agreement after RevisionsGermany became the 5th country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Agreement after amendments to the ISA Agreement entered into force on 8th January 2021.
- Germany’s Ambassador to India, Walter J. Lindner deposited signed copies of the ISA Framework Agreement with the Ministry of External Affairs, which is the depositary of ISA Framework Agreement.
- The Signed copies of the ISA Framework Agreement were handed over to the Additional Secretary (Economic Relations) in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
Revised ISA Framework Agreement
- The new amendment opened the alliance membership to all Member states of the UN. Prior to this, it was open only to countries that were partially or entirely located within the Tropics.
International Solar Alliance (ISA)
It was launched by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi & the then-French President Francois Hollande.
- Objective – To work for efficient consumption of solar energy for reducing dependence on fossil fuels & contribute to the implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement through the massive deployment of solar energy.
- In Total, 98 countries have signed the ISA Framework Agreement.
About International Solar Alliance (ISA)
Director General – Dr. Ajay Mathur
Headquarters – Gurugram, Haryana
BANKING & FINANCE
GoI, World Bank Signed $250 million Loan Agreement under DRIP Phase IIThe Government of India (GoI) has signed a US $250 million (Rs 1,855 crore) loan agreement with the World Bank (WB) for the Second Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP-2) Phase II, the world’s largest dam management program. The agreement is the 1st phase of ‘DRIP Phase II and Phase III’.
- The loan will be provided from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the lending arm of WB Group and it has a maturity of 13 years with a grace period of 6 years.
- DRIP Phase II will provide financial support to the GoI’s long-term National Dam Safety Program and improve the safety and performance of existing dams across various states of India.
- The agreement was between the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Central Water Commission (CWC), representatives of 10 participating states (Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Odisha, Rajasthan, and Tamil Nadu) and the WB.
About World Bank:
President – David R. Malpass (13th President)
Headquarters – Washington DC, USA
World Bank Country Director in India – Junaid Ahmad
>>Read Full News
NABARD Partners with CWC to Offer Storage Facility for FPOsNational Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has partnered with the Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) through the NABFoundation, to offer storage facilities for the Farmers Producer Organisation (FPOs) at lower rates for the next 5 years.
To enhance the agricultural infrastructure in India.
Features of the partnership:
i.Under this partnership, the state-of-the-art storage facilities of CWC will be made accessible for the 5000+ FPO’s across India.
ii.The CWC will offer a 30% discount to FPO’s promoted by NABARD, on using the CWC Storage space in 423 warehouses across India.
iii.The CWC will assist the FPOs with access to air cargo operations, handling and transportation, and pest control services.
This partnership between NABARD and CWC will help the farmers to meet the immediate storage requirement for crop warehousing space when the price drops due to surplus supply during harvest season.
About Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC):
CWC was established under ‘The Warehousing Corporations Act, 1962
Chairman– Atish Chandra, IAS
Managing Director– Arun Kumar Shrivastava
Headquarters– New Delhi
RBI Extended the Timeline for Banks to Implement Opening Current Accounts Norms till October 2021On August 04, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the timeline for Banks to implement the revised rules on opening current accounts to 3 months till October 30, 2021.
i.In August 2020, RBI revised the directions on opening and operating current accounts by banks and restricted the banks from opening current accounts for customers who have availed credit facilities from the bank in the form of cash credit (CC)/ overdraft (OD).
ii.Earlier the deadline was fixed by RBI till July 2021 to implement the regulations.
RBI’s New Guidelines:
i.Now RBI allowed banks to open current accounts for customers who have not availed of any CC/OD facility in the bank and with exposure (in the bank) of less than Rs 5 crore.
ii.RBI also allowed banks to open a current account of customers with exposure between Rs 5 crore to Rs 50 crore.
- Non-lending banks were also enabled to open current accounts for such borrowers only for collection purposes.
iii.RBI has directed the banks to reach the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for guidance if they couldn’t resolve the cases by themselves.
iv.The banks are also not permitted to open current accounts for borrowers who have availed agricultural/ personal OD or OD against deposits.
i.It is a credit facility that will be provided by banks to allow customers to use or withdraw money from their savings or current account even when there is no balance or minimum balance up to the approved limit.
ii.OD will work like an approved loan but the banks will charge interest only on the utilized amount for the time when it is used.
SBI Payments, Hitachi Payment Services Partnered for e-RUPI SBI Payments partnered with Hitachi Payment Services to introduce e-RUPI transactions on the Yono SBI Merchant app.
- Objective: To enable the merchants to use the ‘UPI Voucher’ feature on the Yono SBI Merchant App to accept prepaid UPI e-vouchers.
- Under the partnership, the Hitachi Payment Services will support SBI Payments in merchant on-boarding and merchant transaction settlements for e-RUPI.
i.e-RUPI, the prepaid electronic voucher-based digital platform, that was developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), was launched on August 2, 2021, to enable fund transfer and redeem via e-voucher in the form of SMS-string or QR code. Click here to know more
ii.The e-RUPI was first implemented by SBI Payments at a private covid-19 vaccination centre in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
About SBI Payments:
It is a Joint Venture (JV) between the State Bank of India (SBI) and Hitachi Payment Services Private Limited (HPY).
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Girikumar M Nair
About Hitachi Payment Services:
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Rustom Irani
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
India Recorded Highest Ever Monthly Merchandise Export of $35.17 billion in July 2021
In July 2021, India has recorded the highest ever monthly merchandise export. The merchandise exports in July 2021 was increased by 47.91 percent to USD 35.17 billion from USD 23.78 billion in July 2020. India’s exports have covered 32.64 percent of its annual target of 400 billion dollars.
- The top 5 commodity groups of export which have recorded positive growth during July this year are – Petroleum Products, Gems and Jewellery, Other Cereals, Man-made fabrics, and Cotton Fabrics, Handloom Products.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
RBI Approves Reappointment of Prakash Chandra as Non-Executive Chairman of RBL BankThe Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has approved the reappointment of Prakash Chandra as the non-executive(part-time) Chairman of the RBL Bank for a period of 3 years with effect from 3rd August 2021.
- The reappointment and the revision of his remuneration have been approved by the Board of Directors following the recommendation of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee of the board.
- Previously in June 2020, the RBI had reappointed him as the non-executive part-time chairman of the RBL till 23rd July 2021.
About Prakash Chandra:
i.Prakash Chandra, a retired Indian Revenue Service(IRS) officer of the 1973 Batch, is currently enrolled as an advocate and a member of the High court and Supreme Court Bar Association.
ii.He has served as an advisor to the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) and India’s Department of Personnel Government.
ii.He has held various positions in different ministries which include, Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), Delhi; Director of Department of Supply, Ministry of Commerce; Director of Border Roads Development Board, Ministry of Defence and Director General of Income Tax (International Taxation), Delhi.
About RBL Bank:
RBL bank, formerly known as Ratnakar Bank, was established in 1943.
Non-Executive Part-Time Chairman– Prakash Chandra
MD & CEO– Vishwavir Ahuja
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– Apno Ka Bank
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
CCI Approves Acquisition of Equity Stake in PNBHFL by Carlyle GroupCompetition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of equity shares in PNB Housing Finance Limited (PNBHFL) by Pluto Investments, an entity of Carlyle Group and Salisbury Investments Pvt. Ltd, under the Green channel facility.
The transaction approved under Green Channel is deemed to be approved under regulation 5A of the CCI.
- The CCI’s approval of the proposed investment of Rs 4000 crore, makes Carlyle group the majority shareholder of PNBHFL.
Carlyle Group to Exit SBI Life by Selling 1.9% stake
CA Emerald Investments, an affiliate of Carlyle Asia Partners, is exiting the SBI Life Insurance Company (SBI Life) by selling the remaining 1.9% Stake worth Rs 2,160 crore through the stock exchange platform.
About Competition Commission of India (CCI):
CCI was established in March 2009 under the Competition Act, 2002.
Chairperson- Ashok Kumar Gupta
Headquarters– New Delhi
About Carlyle Group:
Chief Executive Officer– Kewsong Lee
Headquarters– Washington, D.C., United States
>>Read Full News
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
INS Vikrant – India’s 1st Indigenous Aircraft Carrier begins Sea TrialIndia’s 1st Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC-1) INS Vikrant has been launched for sea trials off the coast of Kochi, Kerala. A sea trial is the last phase of testing.
i.INS Vikrant has been designed by the Directorate of Naval Design (DND), Indian Navy and is built by Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL).
ii.The total cost of the project is around INR 23,000 crore. Over 76% of the material and equipment on board is indigenous
iii.It has been named as INS Vikrant in remembrance of India’s 1st Aircraft Carrier INS Vikrant, which played a major role in the 1971 war against Pakistan. It was decommissioned in 1997.
iv.After its induction, INS Vikrant will be the second aircraft carrier after INS Vikramaditya, the Navy’s only aircraft carrier at present which entered service in 2013.
v.An Aircraft Carrier is one of the most important marine assets, it will enhance the Navy’s capability to travel far from the shores and to carry out many operations.
About Indian Navy
Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) – Admiral Karambir Singh
Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence – New Delhi.
IITR develops India’s 1st Earthquake Early Warning Mobile App for UttarakhandUttarakhand Government launched India’s 1st Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) Mobile App ‘Uttarakhand Bhookamp Alert’ for alerting its people about the onset of earthquakes. The app has been developed by IIT-Roorkee (IITR).
- The project was sponsored by Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority. It was initially launched as a pilot project by the Ministry of Earth Sciences for the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand.
- The region of Uttarakhand is seismically active and prone to earthquakes.
Salient Features of the App
i.It is a real-time earthquake information system, it can detect the onset of the earthquake and issue warnings before the significant tremors.
ii.It will spread information regarding the occurrence of an earthquake, expected time or arrival and intensity at the tremor location to prevent any loss of life.
About IIT Roorkee (IITR)
Director – Professor Ajit K. Chaturvedi
Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
National Park (NP) – Corbett, Gangotri, Govind
Wildlife Sanctuary (WLS) – Askot Musk Deer, Binsar, Govind Pashu Vihar
>>Read Full News
CBIC launched Compliance Information Portal to provide information for ~12,000 customs tariff itemsOn August 4, 2021, the Central Board for Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) launched an Indian Customs Compliance Information Portal (CIP)-https://cip.icegate.gov.in/CIP for providing free access to information on all customs procedures and regulatory compliance for nearly 12,000 customs tariff items.
- In this regard, any interested person with up-to-date information on the legal and procedural requirements of Customs and Partner Government Agencies (FSSAI-Food Safety and Standards Authority of India; AQIS; PQIS-Plant Protection, Quarantine, and Storage; Drug Controller etc.) for carrying out imports and exports can get relevant information.
i.It will improve the ease of doing cross border trade.
ii.CIP is also equipped with a pan India map showing all the Customs seaports, airports, land customs stations etc along with addresses of the regulatory agencies and their websites.
How to use CIP?
i.Enter either the Customs Tariff Heading (CTH) or the description of the goods.
ii.This will provide information to step-by-step procedures, regulatory compliance requirements like License, Certificates, etc., for imports as well as exports.
About Central Board for Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC):
Former Name– Central Board of Excise & Customs
Parent Ministry– Ministry of Finance
Chairman– M. Ajit Kumar
Headquarter– New Delhi
BOOKS & AUTHORS
‘A Begum and A Rani’ new book authored by Rudrangshu MukherjeeRenowned historian and author Rudrangshu Mukherjee has authored a new book titled “A Begum and A Rani: Hazrat Mahal and Lakshmibai in 1857” which explores the lives of ‘Begum Hazrat Mahal of Awadh’ and ‘Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi’.
The book is published by Penguin Random House India.
About the book:
i.The book features the different paths of their lives and how their circumstances plunged them into the rebellion of 1857.
ii.The book narrates the story of these two women in rebellion.
About the author:
i.Rudrangshu Mukherjee, an internationally acclaimed historian of the revolt of 1858 in India.
ii.He is the chancellor and History professor at Ashoka University, of which he has served as the founding Vice Chancellor.
ii.He has been the Editor of the Editorial Pages, at The Telegraph, Kolkata from 1993 to 2014.
iii.In 1981, the University of Oxford awarded him a DPhil in Modern History.
Books: He has authored several books including, Nehru & Bose: Parallel Lives; Awadh in Revolt 1857-58: A Study of Popular Resistance; Spectre of Violence: The Massacres in Kanpur in 1857; The Year of Blood: Essays on 1857; Dateline 1857: Revolt against the Raj.
Govt of Assam, NABARD, AIFA Sign MoU to Execute Development ProjectsThe government of Assam, the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and the Assam Infrastructure Financing Authority (AIFA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) to assist the execution of various development projects in Assam.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Himanta Biswa Sarma, Chief Minister of Assam and Ajanta Neog, Finance Minister of Assam.
- The MoU will facilitate Rs 13,200 crore investment for infrastructure development across various sectors including the education sector.
Governor– Jagadish Mukhi
National Park– Kaziranga National Park; Dibru-Saikhowa National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary– Manas Wildlife Sanctuary; Garampani Wildlife Sanctuary
About National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD):
Chairman– Dr. G.R. Chintala
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Established on 12th July 1982
>>Read Full News
Haryana govt signs MoU with Walmart Vriddhi, Haqdarshak;Launched app, web portal of MMAPUYi.On August 4, 2021, the State Government of Haryana, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Walmart Vriddhi, a growth and training programme designed for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), and Haqdarshak, a technology platform.
ii.This MoU focuses on making MSMEs products available in the international market with the help of e-commerce companies that will display products of traditional weavers of rural areas, handlooms, and handicrafts at international levels.
iii.Haryana Chief Minister (CM) Manohar Lal Khattar launched web portal and app of Mukhyamantri Antyodaya Parivar Utthan Yojana (MMAPUY) at Chandigarh in order to uplift the very poor families financially which are being identified through the Parivar Pehchan Patra scheme.
Governor– Bandaru Dattatreya
WildLife Sanctuaries– Kalesar Wildlife Sanctuary, Bir Shikargah Wildlife Sanctuary, and Chhilchhila Wildlife Sanctuary
Conservation Reserves– Saraswati, and Bir Bara Ban
>>Read Full News
APEDA signs MoU with UAS, Bengaluru to boost Agriculture Exports The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), an apex body under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with University of Agricultural Science (UAS), Bengaluru to boost agricultural and processed food products exports, especially from Karnataka.
i.Key areas of cooperation under MoU include developing technologies jointly with APEDA for efficient & precision farming for enhancing quality exports; diversifying the export basket & destinations.
- It aims to boost agri-exports from Karnataka under Agri Export Policy (AEP) announced by the Government in 2018.
- The 2 entities will establish a Centre of capacity building at UAS, Bengaluru for farmers and students to promote agri-businesses for exports.
- A Post-Graduate Certification course with support of APEDA will also be started.
ii.The agreement will help in strengthening forward and backward linkages, participations in international exhibitions and fairs, branding and marketing.
About Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)
Chairman – Dr. M. Angamuthu, IAS
Headquarters – New Delhi
About University of Agricultural Science, Bengaluru
Vice Chancellor – Dr. S.Rajendra Prasad
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 6 August 2021|
|1||Cabinet Approvals on August 04 2021|
|2||BRO Constructed World’s Highest Road in Ladakh at 19,300 Feet Altitude; Beats Bolivia’s Record|
|3||GoI reduces MUDRA Loan Target to INR 3 trillion in FY 2021-22|
|4||Governors can Pardon Prisoners, including Death Row ones under Article 161: Supreme Court|
|5||IMD to install 200 Agro-Automatic Weather Stations for Farmers’ Benefit|
|6||ISRO launches ‘QUEST’ study to Upgrade Quality of Healthcare System of India|
|7||Germany becomes 5th country to sign International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement|
|8||GoI, World Bank Signed $250 million Loan Agreement under DRIP Phase II|
|9||NABARD Partners with CWC to Offer Storage Facility for FPOs|
|10||RBI gives banks 3 more months to comply with new rules on opening current accounts|
|11||SBI Payments, Hitachi Payment Services Partnered for e-RUPI|
|12||India records highest ever monthly merchandise export of 35.17 billion dollars in July this year|
|13||RBI Approves Reappointment of Prakash Chandra as Non-Executive Chairman of RBL Bank|
|14||CCI Approves Acquisition of Equity Stake in PNBHFL by Carlyle Group|
|15||India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea trial|
|16||IITR develops India’s 1st Earthquake Early Warning Mobile App for Uttarakhand|
|17||CBIC launched Compliance Information Portal to provide information for ~12,000 customs tariff items|
|18||‘A Begum and A Rani’ new book authored by Rudrangshu Mukherjee|
|19||Govt of Assam, NABARD, AIFA Sign MoU to Execute Development Projects|
|20||Haryana govt signs MoU with Walmart Vriddhi, Haqdarshak; CM Launched app, web portal of MMAPUY|
|21||APEDA inks MoU with University of Agricultural Science, Bangalore for boosting agri-exports|