AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the initiatives made in the recent (in Aug’21) Cabinet approval:
A) Fast Track Special Court (FTSCs) which includes POCSO Courts were given extension till for 2 years till March 2023
B) The revised ‘Samagra Shiksha Scheme’ is extended for 3 more years i.e., from FY21 to FY24
C) Stipend under ‘Rani Laxmibai Atma Raksha Prashikshan’ program is proposed to be increased from Rs 3000 to Rs 5000/month
1) Only A
2) Only A & C
3) All A, B & C
4) Only A & B
5) Only C
Answer-2) Only A & C
i.The Union Cabinet gave approval for the Continuation of Fast Track Special Court (FTSCs) for 2 years till March 2023.
ii.1023 FTSCs including 389 exclusive POCSO Courts that are Centrally Sponsored under Nirbhaya fund.
iii.Approved the extension of the revised ‘Samagra Shiksha Scheme’ for 5 years i.e., from FY22 to FY26 (2021-22 to 2025-26). A total of Rs 2.94 lakh crore will be allocated for the scheme.
iv.Government gave approval for increasing the stipend from Rs 3000 to Rs 5000 per month under ‘Rani Laxmibai Atma Raksha Prashikshan’ -a special self-defence skills training program.
- Which organisation got approval from the Union Cabinet (in Aug’21) for signing an MoU with Netherlands ‘The Delft University of Technology’ towards academic collaboration?
1) Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
2) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
3) Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
4) Delhi Technological University
5) Indian Institute of Remote Sensing
Answer-3) Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Cabinet approved an MoU between the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and The Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), the Netherlands for academic programmes and research in Science and Technology.
- Name the World’s Highest Motorable pass that was recently (in Aug’21) constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
1) Naku La Pass
2) Mana Pass
3) Chang La Pass
4) Goecha La Pass
5) Umling La Pass
Answer-5) Umling La Pass
Border Roads Organisation (BRO) constructed the World’s highest 52-km-long tarmac road or motorable pass at Umling La Pass in eastern Ladakh at an altitude of 19,300 feet
- What is the Targeted Loan Disbursement amount for FY 2021-22 under Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY)?
1) Rs 3 Trillion
2) Rs 5 Trillion
3) Rs 2 Trillion
4) Rs 2.5 Trillion
5) Rs 4.5 Trillion
Answer-1) Rs 3 Trillion
Government of India has set the Loan Disbursement Target under Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) at INR 3 trillion for the current Financial Year (FY) 2021-22.
MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Ltd.) bank was launched in 2015 to provide loans at lower rates to Micro-financing institutions.
- In August 2021, __________ installed Agro-Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) in _____ districts to support farmers with early data on weather forecasts
1) India Meteorological Department; 150
2) ISRO; 150
3) NABARD; 150
4) ISRO; 200
5) India Meteorological Department; 200
Answer-5) India Meteorological Department; 200
In order to provide weather forecasts for farmers, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) is all set to install Agro-Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) at 200 District Agromet Units (DAMUs) located in Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) network.
- Identify the organisation that inaugurated ‘Health QUEST Study’ – a program to upgrade the standard of Indian Healthcare system.
3) Medical Council of India
4) Quality Council of India
Answer- 5) ISRO
ISRO formally inaugurated the Health QUEST study (Health Quality Upgradation Enabled by Space Technology of ISRO) to upgrade the healthcare systems standards of India
- In August 2021, RBI approved the reappointment of Prakash Chandra as the non-executive Chairman of Which bank?
1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
2) Federal Bank
3) CSB Bank
4) RBL Bank
5) Canara Bank
Answer-4) RBL Bank
RBI approved the reappointment of Prakash Chandra as the non-executive Chairman of the RBL Bank for a period of 3 years with effect from 3rd August 2021.
- Which organisation developed India’s 1st Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) Mobile App ‘Uttarakhand Bhookamp Alert’?
1) IIT Madras
2) Indian Institute Of Tropical Meteorology
3) India Meteorological Department
4) IIT Roorkee
5) IISc Bangalore
Answer-4) IIT Roorkee
Uttarakhand Government launched India’s 1st Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) Mobile App ‘Uttarakhand Bhookamp Alert’ for alerting its people about the onset of earthquakes. The app has been developed by IIT-Roorkee (IITR).
- Which organisation recently (in Aug’21) signed an MoU with the state of Assam & Assam Infrastructure Financing Authority (AIFA) to assist the state in implementing development projects?
3) World Bank
4) IDBI Bank
5) Asian Development Bank
The government of Assam, NABARD and the Assam Infrastructure Financing Authority (AIFA) has signed an MoU to assist the execution of various capital intensive development projects in Assam.
- SEBI allocated a unique number, ISIN, to identify issues on debt security. What does ISIN stand for?
1) Indian Security Identity Number
2) International Security Indication Number
3) International Securities Identification Number
4) Indian Securities Indication Number
5) Indian Security Identification Number
Answer-3) International Securities Identification Number
An International Securities Identification Number (ISIN) is a code that uniquely identifies a specific securities issue. It is issued by SEBI for debt securities.