We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 22 November 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal Launches India’s 1st Centre of Excellence for Green Port & Shipping
Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and Ayush, Sarbananda Sonowal launched India’s first National Centre of Excellence for Green Port & Shipping (NCoEGPS), at the ‘INMARCO 2022’, International Maritime Conference and Exhibition, held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- NCoEGPS is a major initiative working under the framework of the Sagarmala programme of the Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW) towards providing greener solutions.
The main objective of NCoEGPS is to provide support to MoPSW in developing and maintaining a policy and regulatory framework for a green alternative technologies road map for the shipping sector in India to implement carbon neutrality and to meet obligations under the Paris Accord.
- NCoEGPS will also provide training and analysis of the capacity of different stakeholders for fast-tracking the adoption of green measures identified through research.
About Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW):
Union Minister – Sarbananda Sonowal (Constituency – Rajya Sabha, Assam)
Minister of State (MoS) – Shripad Naik, Gurpreet Rajinder Singh, Pramod Kohli
>> Read Full News
PM Narendra Modi visits Arunachal Pradesh & Uttar Pradesh on 19th NovemberPrime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi visited Arunachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh(UP) on 19th November 2022.
i.PM Modi inaugurated Arunachal Pradesh’s 1st greenfield airport Donyi Polo Airport in Itanagar with an aim to boost connectivity in the North-East region.
ii.During his visit to Arunachal Pradesh, PM Modi also dedicated the 600 MW Kameng Hydro Power Station developed at a cost of Rs 8450 crore to the Nation. This is the biggest Hydro Power Project implemented by North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO Ltd), a Mini Ratna Power Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Power.
- The Kameng Hydro Power Station is spread across 80 kilometres(Km) in the West Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh.
iii.PM Modi inaugurated the ‘Kashi Tamil Sangamam’, a month-long programme, organised in Kashi (Varanasi), UP. This is in line with PM’s vision to promote the idea of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’.
About Arunachal Pradesh:
Chief Minister– Pema Khandu
Governor– Brigadier (Dr.) B. D. Mishra (Retd)
Wildlife Sanctuary– Itanagar Wildlife Sanctuary; Kamlang Wildlife Sanctuary
Tiger Reserve- Namdapha Tiger Reserve; Pakhui Tiger Reserve
>> Read Full News
Buddhavanam– The first Buddhist Heritage Theme Park, a great hit with Tourists
The 275-acre park Buddhavanam, the 1st of its kind and the largest Buddhist Heritage Theme Park in the world, is developed by the Telangana State Tourism Development Corporation at Nagarjunasagar in the Nalgonda district, Telangana.
- The park was inaugurated on 14th May 2022 and looks out over the peaceful backwaters of the River Krishna from the commanding Nagarjunasagar Dam.
- It will feature monasteries, eco-tourism resorts, cottages, food courts, and more.
Highlights of UN Climate Change Conference (COP 27) held at Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt – November 6 – 20, 2022 – PART I The 27th Conference of the Parties (COP 27) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) was held from November 6 – 20, 2022 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Arab Republic of Egypt.
COP27 Presidency Launched Sharm-El-Sheikh Adaptation Agenda
The “Sharm-El-Sheikh Adaptation Agenda” was introduced at the COP27, which was held in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, in collaboration with the High-Level Champions and the Marrakech Partnership.
i.The Sharm-El-Sheikh Adaptation Agenda proposes 30 Adaptation Outcomes to improve resilience for 4 billion people living in the most climate vulnerable communities by 2030.
- The presidency aimed to raise between USD 140 billion – USD 300 billion to achieve goals aimed at reducing the severe effects of climate change.
ii.India noted on behalf of Like-Minded Developing Countries (LMDCs) that the USD 100 billion per year pledged in 2009 is only small and is yet to be fulfilled.
- Having failed to raise the 100 billion dollars per year by 2020, the developed countries have now promised to deliver this amount by 2023.
BANKING & FINANCE
Indian Economy may grow at 7% in FY23: RBI Bulletin – November 2022
According to the “State of the Economy” article featured on the monthly Bulletin of Reserve Bank of India – RBI Bulletin – November 2022, India’s real Gross Domestic Product GDP growth in 2nd quarter of 2022-2023 (Q2FY23) is expected to be between 6.1% and 6.3%.
- If this is realised, India is on course for a growth rate of around 7% in 2022-2023.
i.India’s retail inflation softened to a three-month low of 6.77% in October 2022 from 7.41%.
ii.Since May 2022, the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) has raised the policy repo rate by 190 bps to 5.9%.
iii.Between October 27 to November 11, the rupee strengthened by 2.2% against the US dollar, 1.2% versus the British Pound and 0.5% against the Euro.
iv.Gross Non-Performing Assets (GNPAs) have consistently declined, with net NPAs sliding down towards 1% of total assets.
v.The commercial bank credit growth is increasing which is being driven by services, personal loans, agriculture and industry.
vi.Liquidity is normalising in consonance with the stance of monetary policy but it is still in surplus mode, as RBI absorbing about Rs 1.5 lakh crore on a daily basis, on average.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
India’s growth to slow in 2023 to 5.9%: Goldman SachsAccording to Goldman Sachs Group Inc, India’s Gross domestic product (GDP) may decline to 5.9% in calendar year 2023 from an estimated 6.9% in 2022 amid low consumer demand from higher borrowing costs and fading benefits from pandemic reopening.
i.India’s GDP grew by 8.7% in 2021-22.
ii.The headline retail inflation to ease to 6.1% in 2023 from an estimated 6.8% in 2022.
iii.Inflation has remained above the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) tolerance band of 6% for the last ten months.
iv.India’s export growth fell sharply in October 2022. It contracted 16.7% on annual basis from a growth of 4.8% in September 2022, stating a decline in global demand.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
National Sports Awards 2022 announced by MYAS; 41 Awardees in 6 Categoriesi.On November 14, 2022, National Sports Awards 2022 were announced by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) which will be conferred upon the 41 deserving sportspersons, coaches and entities under 6 categories by the President of India, Droupadi Murmu at a specially organized function at Rashtrapati Bhavan on November 30, 2022.
ii.The awards were recommended by the 12-member Selection Committee headed by Justice (Retd.) Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar, (former Judge of Supreme Court of India) after due scrutiny.
iii.Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award 2022 will be given to table tennis player Sharath Kamal Achanta.
iv.This is for the first time, applications were only accepted online, and this year, sportspeople, coaches, and entities were allowed to self-apply through a portal.
v.Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar (Punjab) won the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy 2022 for the record 24th time.
About Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS):
Union Minister – Anurag Singh Thakur (Constituency- Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS)– Nisith Pramanik (Constituency- Coochbehar, West Bengal)
>> Read Full News
MoE Awards Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar for 2021-22 to 39 schools across IndiaOn 19th November 2022, the Ministry of Education (MoE) awarded Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar (SVP) for the 2021–22 academic year to 39 schools (34 in overall category and 5 in sub-categories) from across India, including 17 elementary and 22 secondary or higher secondary schools.
- The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar for 2021-22 is the 3rd edition of the award.
Note – The 3rd edition saw participation from 9.59 lakh schools, which is around 1.5 times more than the number of schools participated in 2017-18, which was around 6.15 lakh schools.
i.The 39 winners include 28 government and aided institutions and 11 private schools, including 3 Kendriya Vidyalayas, 1 Navodaya Vidyalaya, and 2 Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas.
ii.17 schools among the winners are elementary schools and 22 are secondary/ higher secondary schools.
About the award:
i.Background – The National Selection Committee for selection of schools for SVP 2021-22, selected 39 schools (34 in overall category and five in sub-categories) for national level awards for SVP 2021-2022, after the third party evaluation by United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) partnered agency (NEERMAN).
- In 2014, the Department of School Education and Literacy launched the Swachh Vidyalaya Initiative, under which a record number of 4,17,796 toilets were constructed in 2,61,400 schools, including 1,90,887 girls toilets within a year.
ii.In 2016-17, the MoE, Government of India (GoI) instituted SVP to recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in sanitation and hygiene practice in schools.
- The SVP honours the schools that have taken exemplary work in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene and also provides a benchmark and roadmap for schools to make further improvements.
iii.Criteria – The schools are selected for the award under the following 6 parameters including, water, toilets, handwashing with soap, operation and maintenance, behavioural change and capacity building and COVID-19 (Preparedness and Response).
iv.Prize – Cash prizes of Rs. 60,000 to 34 schools, in overall category and Rs. 20,000, in sub-categories were given to the awardee school.
Pratham receives the 2021 Indira Gandhi Prize for Works in EducationOn 19th November 2022, Pratham, a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) functioning in the field of education, received the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament, and Development of 2021 at Jawahar Bhawan in New Delhi, Delhi.
- Hamid Ansari, former Vice-President of India, conferred the award to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Pratham Education Foundation, Rukmini Banerji, in the presence of Sonia Gandhi, Chairperson of Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust.
i. The award is given in appreciation of Pratham’s efforts to provide children in India with a high-quality education, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
ii. The awardee was selected by an international jury of the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development, Justice T.S. Thakur (former Chief Justice of India).
About the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament, and Development:
The prestigious Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament, and Development (Indira Gandhi Prize or Indira Gandhi Peace Prize) is awarded annually by the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust to recognise contributions to advancing global peace, development, and a new international economic order.
- The trust (the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust) established the award in honour of the former Indian Prime Minister in 1986.
- The award comes with a cash prize of 25 lakh along with a citation.
i. Pratham (‘first’ in Sanskrit), an innovative learning organisation, was established in 1995 to raise the standard of education in India and provide education to children in the slums of Mumbai, Maharashtra.
ii. It is one of the largest non-governmental organisations in India, which focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable initiatives to close gaps in the educational system.
14th Dalai Lama Receives Gandhi Mandela Award 2022On 19th November 2022, Himachal Pradesh governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar felicitated the 14th Dalai Lama, Tibetan spiritual leader with the Gandhi Mandela Award 2022 at Thekchen Choeling in Dharamshala’s McleodGanj.
- Former Chief Justice of India Justice KG Balakrishnan and former Supreme Court Justice Gyan Sudha Misra were also present on the occasion.
Dalai Lama, was selected by a jury including former Chief Justice of India KG Balakrishnan and Justice Dipak Misra, former Supreme Court Judge Gyan Sudha Misra, former Chief Justice of Nepal Justice Kedarnath Upadhyay and former Chief Justice of Bangladesh Justice MD Tafazzul Islam.
About Gandhi Mandela Award:
i.The award was constituted by the Gandhi Mandela Foundation, a government of India (GoI) registered Trust and a non-profit organisation, in recognition of promoting the values and ideals of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela in the interest of global peace and freedom.
- The award was instituted in 2019, on the 150th birth anniversary of our Father of the Nation, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (MK Gandhi).
ii.Eligibility – The personalities who had made significant contributions in the fields of Peace, Social Welfare, Culture, Environment, Education, Healthcare, Sports and Innovation.
i.In 1989, Dalai Lama received the Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of his efforts towards the liberation of Tibet and the efforts taken by him for a peaceful resolution instead of using violence as a key.
ii.He has also received various other awards over his spiritual and political career, including 1959 Ramon Magsaysay Awards, Asia’s Nobel prize in 1959; Christmas Humphreys award from the Buddhist society in the United Kingdom (UK).
- He became the 3rd person to be recognized with Honorary Citizenship by the Governor General of Canada.
Indian-origin Paediatrician Dr Angraj Khillan wins 2023 Victoria Australian of the Year Award
Dr Angraj Khillan, a paediatrician of Indian descent, 56, was recognised with the prestigious 2023 Victorian Australian of the Year Award for his work providing healthcare education to the state of Victoria’s culturally diverse community, the City of Melbourne, Australia.
- He was given this honour by the Governor of Victoria Linda Marion Dessau AC.
- Dr Angraj Khillan is the co-founder of the Health Awareness Society of Australia (HASA), which uses forums in a variety of languages to debunk health myths, taboos, and misinformation.
- He has worked to raise awareness of domestic violence and dowry abuse and has worked with the Aboriginal communities.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Retired IAS officer Arun Goel takes charge as New Election Commissioner of IndiaOn 21st November 2022, Arun Goel, Retired Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) officer of Punjab cadre (1985 batch) took charge as the Election Commissioner (EC) of India.
- On 19th November 2022, President Droupadi Murmu appointed him as the EC of India.
- He joins the 3 member Election Commission of India (ECI) which includes, Chief Election Commissioner(CEC) Rajiv Kumar and Election Commissioner Anup Chandra Pandey.
Note – Rajiv Kumar took charge as the CEC following the retirement of Sushil Chandra in May 2022.
- Since then, the post of one EC of India in the 3-member Election Commission of India (ECI) was vacant.
i.Since 15th May 2022, the post of one EC in the three-member commission was vacant, when the then EC Rajiv Kumar took charge as the Chief EC following the retirement of Sushil Chandra from the post of chief EC.
ii.Until 18th November 2022, Arun Goel served as the Secretary in the Ministry of Heavy Industries and according to an order of the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), he took voluntary retirement.
- ACC then appointed Uttar Pradesh cadre officer Kamran Rizvi to replace Arun Goel for the post of secretary in the Ministry of Heavy Industries.
iii.Earlier, in 2019, Arun Goel was Secretary of the Ministry of Culture and has also served as vice-chairman of the Delhi Development Authority.
About Arun Goel:
i.Arun Goel is a 1985 batch Punjab cadre IAS officer.
ii.He will be in line to become the next chief EC after the tenure of Rajiv Kumar which ends in February 2025, while the tenure of Arun Goel ends in December 2027 on attaining the age of 65 years.
- According to article 324 , a person can hold the office of an election commissioner or chief election commissioner for 6 years or till the age of 65
About Election Commission of India (ECI):
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) – Rajiv Kumar
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Establishment – 1950
Bob Iger returning to Disney as CEO for 2 years
On 20th November 2022, the Walt Disney Company announced the return of Robert A. Iger (Bob Iger), former Walt Disney Co Chief Executive, to lead Disney as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), with immediate effect.
- Bob Iger succeeds Bob Chapek, who took over as Disney CEO in February 2020.
- He previously held the position of Disney’s CEO from 2005 to 2020, a tenure that was regarded as one of the most prosperous in Hollywood history.
- He assisted Bob Chapek to get started by serving as CEO for 2 years before completely leaving Disney in 2021.
Kuldeep Yadav appointed as Brand Ambassador of Real11
Real11 has announced the appointment of Indian Cricketer, Kuldeep Yadav as its brand ambassador, which will help it reach a wider audience in India.
- The collaboration will be crucial for the brand as it seeks to become a leader in the quickly growing market for skill-based video games.
- Kuldeep Yadav first came into the spotlight during 2014 Under 19 World Cup, where he made history by becoming the first Indian bowler to ever take a hat trick.
- He also rose to the position of India’s top wicket-taker at the same tournament.
ITTF-ATTU Asian Cup 2022: Indian Paddler Manika Batra Becomes 1st Indian Woman to Win a Medal in Asian CupIndian paddler (table tennis player) Manika Batra won the bronze medal in Women’s Singles at the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)- Asian Table Tennis Union (ATTU) Asian Cup 2022 held at Huamark Indoor Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand from 17th November to 19th November 2022.
- She became the first Indian Woman and second Indian table tennis player to win a medal at the Asian Cup tournament.
- She defeated World number 6 and three-time Asian champion Hina Hayata of Japan to win the bronze medal.
Note – Former men’s singles player Chetan Baboor was the first Indian table tennis player to win a medal in Asian Cup. He won the silver in 1997 and bronze in the 2000 Asian Cup.
About ITTF-ATTU Asian Cup:
i.The ITTF–ATTU Asian Cup is an annual table tennis tournament organised by Asian Table Tennis Union (ATTU) in collaboration with the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)
ii.2022 ITTF–ATTU Asian Cup was the 33rd edition of the tournament, whereas the 1st edition was held in 1983.
The 2022 event was hosted by ATTU in collaboration with Table Tennis Association of Thailand.
Winners of 2022 ITTF-ATTU Asian Cup:
|Women’s Singles||Wang Yidi (China)||Mima Ito (Japan)||Manika Batra (India)|
|Men’s Singles||Tomokazu Harimoto (Japan)||Lim Jong-hoon (South Korea)||Chuang Chih-yuan (Taiwan)|
About Manika Batra:
i.A Commonwealth Games gold medallist, a two-time Olympian and winner of multiple other honours, Manika Batra is an Indian table tennis player, who was born on 15 June 1995. As of November 2020, she is the top-ranked female table tennis player in India and ranked 44th in the world as of November 2022.
ii.Awards – In 2018, she was awarded the 2nd highest sporting honour, Arjuna award and the breakthrough start award of ITTF and in 2020, she was awarded with the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna award, India’s highest sporting honour.
15th Asian Airgun Championship in South Korea: India tops medal tally with 25 GoldIndia topped the medal standing of the 15th Asian Airgun Championship – 2022 with 25 gold medals. The 15th Asian Airgun Championship was held in Daegu, South Korea from 9-19 November 2022 with senior, junior, and youth events.
- The Asian Airgun Championship took place at the Daegu International Shooting Range, which was organized by the Korea Shooting Federation.
- India ranked first in medal standing followed by South Korea (Republic of Korea) and Uzbekistan.
- A total of 225 athletes from 17 Asian countries fairly competed in the Rifle/Pistol events.
i. The Indian Pair of Manu Bhaker and Samrat Rana won the 10-meter Junior Air Pistol Mixed Team competition.
- They placed 2nd with a qualifying score of 578 behind Uzbekistan’s Nigina Saidkulova and Mukhammad Kamalov, who scored 579.
- In the championship match, an overwhelming 17-3 victory by the Indian team reversed the situation against the Uzbeks.
ii. Rhythm Sangwan and Vijayveer Sidhu from India won the gold medal in the senior event.
- They both completely outshot Kazakhstan’s Valeriy Rakhimzhan and Irina Yunusmetova 17-3 in the Air Pistol Mixed Team final.
- They had topped the qualification round with a score of 579, with the Kazakhs finishing 2nd with 577, setting up the gold medal match.
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Max Verstappen Wins the Season-closing championship; Sebastian Vettal Retires from F1
On 20th November 2022 Red Bull’s Max Verstappen, two-time world champion made a record-extending 15th win of the year 2022 in Abu Dhabi Grand Prix held at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- This was Max Verstappen’s 35th win of his career and 2nd win in the Yas Marina Circuit.
- Top 3 winners – Red Bull’s Max Verstappen finished first followed by Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc in second position and Red Bull’s Sergio Perez in the third position.
Four-time Champion Sebastian Vettel Retires from F1 Racing
The Aston Martin (Mercedes) driver Sebastian Vettel (German) retired from Formula One (F1) racing with Abu Dhabi Grand Prix being his last race, in which he finished in 10th place.
i.He competed in F1 from 2007 to 2022 for BMW Sauber, Toro Rosso, Red Bull, Ferrari and presently Aston Martin (Mercedes).
ii.His first win was the 2008 Italian Grand Prix and last win was the 2019 Singapore Grand Prix.
iii.Until now, he has won four F1 World Championships between 2010 and 2013 with Red Bull and has previously spent 6 seasons with Ferrari.
World Children’s Day 2022 – November 20United Nations (UN)’s World Children’s Day is annually observed across the globe on November 20 to acknowledge children’s rights, improve global child welfare, and promote unity and awareness among all children.
The Theme of World Children’s Day 2022 is “Inclusion, For Every Child”
- World Children’s Day is the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)’s annual day of action for children, by children.
i. The UN General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/836(IX) on 14th December 1954 and recommended that starting from 1956, Universal Children’s Day’ shall be instituted by all countries to improve the children’s welfare.
- Since 1956, all the countries celebrated Universal Children’s Day on the day they see most appropriate.
ii. Since 1990, World Children’s Day is annually observed across the globe on November 20 to mark the anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of the Rights of the Child (A/RES/1386%20(XIV)) in 1959 and the Convention on the Rights of the Child (A/RES/44/25) in 1989.
About the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF):
Executive Director- Catherine M. Russell
Headquarters- New York, United States of America (USA)
>> Read Full News
Africa Industrialization Day 2022 – November 20 The United Nations(UN)’s Africa Industrialization Day is annually observed across the globe on 20th November to highlight the critical importance of Industrial development for sustained and inclusive economic growth in African countries.
i.During the 25th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia conducted by the Organization of African Unity (O.A.U.) in 1989.
- The Africa Industrialization Day was announced on 20th November during this session.
ii.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/44/237 in December 1989, within the framework of the Second Industrial Development Decade for Africa 1991-2000, and proclaimed the 20th November of every year as the ‘Africa Industrialization Day’.
Africa Industrialization Week 2022 – 20th to 25th November 2022:
Africa Industrialization Day (20th November 2022) marks the beginning of Africa Industrialization Week, a week-long observation from 20th to 25th November 2022.
African Union Summit – 20th to 25th November 2022:
As a part of the Africa Industrialization Week’s annual commemorative activities, the African Union Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification is organised from 20th to 25th November 2022 in Niamey, Niger.
The theme of the summit is “Industrializing Africa: Renewed Commitment Towards an Inclusive and Sustainable Industrialization and Economic Diversification”.
>> Read Full News
World Television Day 2022 – November 21United Nations (UN)’s World Television Day is annually observed across the globe on November 21 to recognise the importance and influence of television in our lives.
i. The UN General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/51/205 on 17th December 1996 and proclaimed November 21 of every year as World Television Day.
ii. 21st November was chosen to commemorate the date on which the 1st World Television Forum was held in 1996.
iii. On the 21st and 22nd of November 1996, the UN held the 1st World Television Forum, which provides a platform for the media to discuss the importance of TV in delivering information.
iv. The 1st ever World Television Day was observed on 21st November 1997.
>> Read Full News
World Fisheries Day 2022 – November 21World Fisheries Day is annually observed across the globe on 21st November to demonstrate solidarity with the members of the fisher community, fish farmers and concerned stakeholders across the world.
- The day highlights the serious threats to the sustainability of our marine and freshwater resources such as overfishing, habitat destruction and other.
- The day aims to change the management of global fisheries across the globe to ensure sustainable stocks and a healthy ecosystem.
i.World Forum of Fish Harvesters & Fish Workers came together on 21st November 1997 to unify fishermen and women across the globe.
ii.On the same day, the World Fisheries Forum (WFF) was established and 18 countries signed a declaration advocating for a global mandate of sustainable fishing practices and policies.
- To commemorate this day, the 21st November of every year is observed as World Fisheries Day.
iii.Since 1998, the 21st November is celebrated as World Fisheries Day.
About the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying:
Union Minister– Parshottam Rupala(Rajya Sabha- Gujarat)
Minister of State– Dr Sanjeev Kumar Balyan; Dr L. Murugan
>> Read Full News
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 22 November 2022|
|1||Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal Launches India’s 1st Centre of Excellence for Green Port & Shipping|
|2||PM Narendra Modi visits Arunachal Pradesh & Uttar Pradesh on 19th November|
|3||Buddhavanam– The first Buddhist Heritage Theme Park, a great hit with Tourists|
|4||Highlights of UN Climate Change Conference (COP 27) held at Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt – November 6 – 18 2022 – PART I|
|5||Indian Economy may grow at 7% in FY23: RBI Bulletin – November 2022|
|6||India’s growth to slow in 2023 to 5.9%: Goldman Sachs|
|7||National Sports Awards 2022 announced by MYAS; 41 Awardees in 6 Categories|
|8||MoE Awards Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar for 2021-22 to 39 schools across India|
|9||Pratham receives the 2021 Indira Gandhi Prize for Works in Education|
|10||14th Dalai Lama Receives Gandhi Mandela Award 2022|
|11||Indian-origin Paediatrician Dr Angraj Khillan wins 2023 Victoria Australian of the Year Award|
|12||Retired IAS officer Arun Goel takes charge as New Election Commissioner of India|
|13||Bob Iger returning to Disney as CEO for 2 years|
|14||Kuldeep Yadav appointed as Brand Ambassador of Real11|
|15||ITTF-ATTU Asian Cup 2022: Indian Paddler Manika Batra Becomes 1st Indian Woman to Win a Medal in Asian Cup|
|16||15th Asian Airgun Championship in South Korea: India tops medal tally with 25 Gold|
|17||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Max Verstappen Wins the Season-closing championship; Sebastian Vettal Retires from F1|
|18||World Children’s Day 2022 – November 20|
|19||Africa Industrialization Day 2022 – November 20|
|20||World Television Day 2022 – November 21|
|21||World Fisheries Day 2022 – November 21|