Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample from Mensuration that is important for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- A room 24cm long and 32cm broad is to be paved with equal no of tiles. Find the no of largest tiles requires so that the tiles exactly fit.
E.None of theseAnswer – B.12
HCF of 24,32 = 8
No of tiles = L *B/(HCF)2
= 24*32/8*8 = 12
- A circular garden has a path of uniform width around it. The difference between outer and inner circumference of the circular path is 210cm.Find its width.
E.None of theseAnswer – A.33.44cm
2*3.14*R – 2*3.14*r = 210
R-r = 210/2*3.14 = 33.44cm
- The length of a rectangular plot is 3 folds its width. Half the area of the plot is covered by a playground whose area is 363 square meter. What is the length of the plot?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.15.51m
X * 3X = 320*2
3x 2 = 363*2
x 2 = 363*2/3 = 121*2
x = 11*1.41 = 15.51
- A rectangular field has its length and breadth in the ratio 6:5 respectively. A man riding bicycle complete one lap of this field along its perimeter at the speed of 12kmph in 1.5m. What is the area of the field ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.5468
Speed = 12*5/18 = 3.3 m/s
Perimeter = Distance
2(6x+5x) = 90*3.3
Area = 6*13.5 *5*13.5 = 5467.5 = 5468sq.m
- One of the angles of a parallelogram is 65degree. What will be the sum of twice the largest angle and thrice the smallest angle of the parallelogram ?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.425degree
180-65 = 115
2*115+ 3*65 = 230+195 = 425
- The area of the square is three-fifth the area of a rectangle. The length of the rectangle is 25cm and breadth 10cm less than its length. What is the area of the square ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.15cm
Area of rectangle = 25*15 = 375sq.cm
Area of square = 3*375/5 = 225sq.cm = a*a
Side of the square = a = 15cm
- What will be the cost of painting a hall whose area is 256sq m, if the rate of painting per sq m is Rs.22.
D.Can’t be determined
E.None of theseAnswer – D.Can’t be determined
Hall shape and it’s parameter was not given
- The width of a rectangle is 10 meter and its area is 120 square meter. If length of the rectangle is increased by 6.What is the new perimeter of the rectangle?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.56
Length = 120/10 = 12
(12+6) = 18
Perimeter = 2(10+18) = 56
- If the sides of a triangle measure 62cm, 70cm and 18cm, what is the measure of its in radius?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.7cm
Radius = product of perpendicular side/ perimeter of traingle
R = 62*18/62+70+18 = 1116/150 = 7.44 = 7cm
- Four horses are tethered at 4 corners of a square field of side 60 metres so that they just cannot reach one another. The area left ungrazed by the horses is:
E.None of theseAnswer – B.771m
Length of the rope = 60/2 = 30m
Total area covered by 4 horse = 22*30*30/7
Ungrazed area = Area of Square field – area covered by 4 horse
= 3600 – 2829 = 771m
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.