Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample from Mensuration that are important for all the competitive exams. We have included some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- The length of a rectangle wall is 3/2 times of its height. If the area of the wall is 600m². What is the sum of the length and height of the wall?
E. None of the AboveAnswer – C. 50
length = 2x
height = 3x
Area of the wall = 3x * 2x = 6x² = 600
x = 10; Sum of the length and height of the wall = 50
- If the area of a circle is 616cm² whose diameter is equal to radius of a semicircle. Find the perimeter of the semicircle?
A. 184 cm
B. 154 cm
C. 144 cm
D. 164 cm
5. None of theseAnswer – C. 144 cm
Area of a circle = 616cm²
πr² = 616; r = 14
D = Radius of Semi Circle = 28
Perimeter of the semicircle = πr + 2r = 144cm
- One side of rectangular ground is 8m and its diagonal is 17m. Find the area of ground?
E. None of the AboveAnswer – D. 120
d = √(l² + b²)
17 = √(l² + 8²)
l² = 17² – 8² => l = 289 – 64 = 225
l = 15
Area = 15 * 8 = 120m²
- The side of a square shaped garden is 8√2 . Find the maximum possible distancce between any two corners
A. 18 metre
B. 15 metre
C. 16 metre
D. 14 metre
E. None of the AboveAnswer – C. 16 metre
d = a√2
a = 8√2
d = 16m
- A rectangular ground 16m long and 10m breadth. It has a gravel path 2.5m wide all around it on the outside. What is the area of the path?
A. 159 m²
B. 155 m²
C. 187 m²
D. 183 m²
E. None of the AboveAnswer – B. 155 m²
Area of ground = 16 * 10 = 160
Total area (ground + path) = (16 + 5)*(10 + 5) = 315
Area of path = 315 – 160 = 155 m²
- If the side of the square is increased by 30%, then how much % does its area get increased?
E. None of theseAnswer – B. 69%
Area of the plot = 1.3 * 1.3 = 1.69 = 69%
- A ladder is resting with one end in contact with the top of the wall of height 15m and the other end of the ground is at a distance 8m from the wall. The length of the ladder is?
E. 10mAnswer – A. 17m
Hypotenuse = √(base)² + (altitude)²
√(8)² + (15)² = √289 = 17m
- The perimeter of a square is equal to twice the perimeter of a rectangle of length 10 cm and breadth 4 cm. What is the circumference of a semi-circle whose diameter is equal to the side of the square?
A. 38 cm
B. 23 cm
C. 46 cm
D. 36 cm
E. None of theseAnswer – D. 36 cm
Perimeter of square = 2(l + b)
= 2 * 2(10 + 4) = 2 * 28 = 56 cm
Side of square = 56/4 = 14 cm
Radius of semi circle = 14/2 = 7cm
Circumference of the semi-circle = 22/7 * 7 + 14 = 36 cm
- The length of a rectangle is 3/5th of the side of a square. The radius of a circle is equal to side of the square. The circumference of the circle is 132 cm. What is the area of the rectangle, if the breadth of the rectangle is 15 cm?
A. 112 cm²
B. 149 cm²
C. 189 cm²
D. Cannot be determined
E. None of theseAnswer – C. 189 cm²
Circumference of the circle = 132
2πR = 132; R = 21 cm
Side of square = 21 cm
Length of the rectangle = 3/5 * 21 = 63/5
Area of the rectangle = 63/5 * 15 = 189 cm²
- Smallest side of a right angled triangle is 13 cm less than the side of a square of perimeter 72 cm. Second largest side of the right angled triangle is 2 cm less than the length of the rectangle of area 112 cm² and breadth 8 cm. What is the largest side of the right angled triangle?
A. 20 cm
B. 12 cm
C. 10 cm
D. 13 cm
E. None of theseAnswer – D. 13 cm
Side of square = 72/4 = 18 cm
Smallest side of the right angled triangle = 18 – 13 = 5 cm
Length of rectangle = 112/8 = 14 cm
Second side of the right angled triangle = 14 – 2 = 12 cm
Hypotenuse of the right angled triangle = √(25 + 144) = 13cm