Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Data Interpretation that is important for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams.
Bank PO Level Questions :-
I. Refer to the table and answer the given questions
Data related to performance of 6 Batsman in a tournament
|Batsman||Number of matches played in the tournament||Average Runs scored in the tournament||Total balls faced in the tournament||Strike Rate|
i. Strike Rate = [Total Runs Scored/Total Balls Faced]*100
ii. All the given Batsmen could bat in all the given matches played by him.
iii. Few Values are missing in the table (indicated by —). A candidate is expected to calculate the missing value, if it is required to answer the given question, on the basis of the given data and information.
- The respective ratio between total number of balls faced by D and that by F in the tournament is 3:4. Total number of runs scored by F in the tournament is what percent more than the total runs scored by D in the tournament?
E. 100/9%Answer – A. 200/9%
F = D = [Strike Rate * Total Balls Faced]/100
F = 66*4x/100, D = 72*3x/100
F = D*[(100+y)/100]
264x/100 = 216x/100 * [(100+y)/100]
y = 200/9%
- If the runs scored by E in last 3 matches of the tournament are not considered, his average runs scored in the tournament will decrease by 9. If the runs scored by E in the 26th and 27th match are below 128 and no two scores among these 3 scores are equal, what are the minimum possible runs scored by E in the 28th match?
E. 130Answer – A. 137
Total runs scored = Number of matches played in the tournament * Average Run = 28 * 55 = 1540
Total runs scored(excluding last 3 matches) = 25 * 46(decrease 9 in avg) = 1150
Total runs of last 3 matches = 1540 – 1150 = 390
Average = 390/3 = 130
26th and 27th match are below 128 and no two scores among these 3 scores are equal.So
Assume 26th = 127
then 27th = 126
and therefore 28th = 137
- In the tournament, the total number of balls faced by Batsman A is 74 less than the total number of runs scored by him. What is the average run scored by Batsman A in the tournament?
E. 40.5Answer – E. 40.5
129.6 = [x/x-74]*100 [Strike rate formula given)
129.6x -9590.4 = 100x
x = 324
Average = 324/8 = 40.5
- Batsman B faced equal number of balls in first 10 matches he played in the tournament and last 10 matches he played in the tournament. If his Strike rate in first 10 matches of the tournament are 120 and 150 respectively, what is the total number of balls faced by him in the tournament?
E. 1300Answer – C. 1200
(120/100)*(x/2) + (150/100)*(x/2) = 1620
x = 1200
- What is the number of matches played by batsman C in the tournament?
E. 8Answer – C. 12
114 = (38x / 400)* 100
x = 12
II. Refer to the table and answer the given questions
|Person||Type of Interest||Principal(P)||Amount (A)||Years||Rate of Interest(%)|
- If the ratio of interest rate of E to that of D is 2:3 then what is the Principal(P) of D?
E. 30000Answer – D. 25000
R(%) = 4*3/2 = 6
Principal – x
x + (x*3*6/100) = 29500
x = 25000
- If the interest is compounded yearly for three years then what is the amount to be earned by C?
E. 22497.28Answer – E. 22497.28
Amount = P(1 + (R/100)^3)
A = 20000 * 1.04 * 1.04 * 1.04
A = 22497.28
- What is the Simple Interest(SI) of B ? If the ratio of Principal of C to that of B is 4:5 and the rate of interest is 10% more than that of C.
E. 5500Answer – B. 4400
P = 5/4 * 20000 = 25000
The rate of interest is 10% more than that of C.
R(%) = 4 + (4*(10/100)) = 4.4 %
SI = [25000 * 4.4 * 4]/100 = 4400
- If the Principal(P) of A is 20% more than that of E, then What is the amount of A?
E. 15684.60Answer – D. 12484.80
Principal(P) of A = 10000 * 120/100 = 12000
A = P(1 + (R/100)^N) = 12000(1 + (2/100)^2) = 12484.80
- If amount of D equals to five times that of his Principal then what is the Rate of Interest(%)?
E. None of the AboveAnswer – C. 133.33%
Amount of D = Rs.29500
Principal – x
Amount of D = 5x
5x = 29500 => x= 5900
SI = 29500 – 5900 = 23600
R = 23600 * 100 / 5900 * 3 = 133.33%