Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Who has been topped in the top 100 highest paid Athletes for the year 2016 from 23 countries and compete in ten sports?
Ans: C.Cristiano Ronaldo
Forbes Magazine has released the top 100 highest-paid athletes for 2016.Athletes hail from 23 countries and compete in ten sports.The list has been topped by soccer icon Cristiano Ronaldo comes as a fresh face at No 1 with earnings of 88 million US dollars.
- Which is the following element is not added after public review and formal approval by the IUPAC council in the Periodic table?
The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry publicized that the proposed names for the newly discovered elements are Nihonium, Moscovium, Tennessine and Oganesson.
- Which country holds the first position in Malware Infection Index 2016 published by US based Microsoft Company?
US technology giant Microsoft published the Malware Infection Index 2016 it reveals that locations with the highest malware encounter rates was Pakistan, followed by Indonesia, Bangladesh. India is place at the eighth spot.
- Which state agricultural University developed rice variants for submerged areas in order to yield during the monsoon season?
Researchers in Assam Agricultural University developed two rice variants for submerged areas such as Barak Valley in order to yield during the monsoon season whereas the valley is liable to periodical floods.
- Who has been appointed as the Chief executive of Nuclear Fuel complex, Hyderabad on successful completion of N Saibaba?
Ans: B.Kalyana Krishnan
Deputy Chief Executive, G.Kalyanakrishnan has taken over as Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad.
- Which firm has bagged the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in the Channel Partner/ EPC Contractor category at the National Excellence Awards 2016?
B.National Institute of Wind Energy
C.National Thermal Power Corporation
D.Tata Power Solar
Ans: D.Tata Power Solar
Tata Power Solar has bagged the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in the Channel Partner/EPC contractor category at the National Excellence Awards 2016 for rooftop solar power projects.
- Who has bagged the prestigious 2016 International Dublin Literary Award for his novel named Family Life in Dublin’s Mansion House?
Ans: C.Akhil Sharma
An Indian born-American author Akhil Sharma has bagged the prestigious 2016 International Dublin Literary Award for his novel named Family Life. The winner has announced at a ceremony in Dublin’s Mansion House.
- Which Corporation inked with Adani group for construction of two silos to store wheat capacity of 75,000 tonnes in Punjab and Bihar?
A.Food Corporation of India
B.Municipal Corporation in India
C.Container Corporation of India
D.None of the Above
Ans: A.Food Corporation of India
New Delhi based Food Corporation of India (FCI) has entered into an agreement with Adani group for construction of two silos to store wheat capacity of 75,000 tonnes, at an estimated cost of about Rs 80 crore.
- Which bank announced the launch of India’s first Internationally listed certified green bonds to finance climate change solutions around the world?
Mumbai based Axis Bank has announce the launch of India’s first internationally-listed certified green bond to finance climate change solutions around the world at London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- Which Bank signed an MoU with Spain’s Caixa bank to fund Indo-Spanish Joint Ventures and local Business?
SBI and Spain’s Caixa Bank have signed anMoU to fund Indo-Spanish Joint Ventures & local businesses.
- Which bank has approved a $100 million loan to strengthen a key irrigation system and improve water management in Tamilnadu?
Explanation: Manila based Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $100 million loan to strengthen a key irrigation system and improve water management in the Vennar sub-basin of Cauvery Delta in Tamil Nadu.
- Who is the author of the book “India vs Pakistan : Why Can’t we just be friend”?
B. Akhil Sharma
C. Nora Roberts
D. Husain Haqqani
D. Husain Haqqani
Hussain Haqqani, is a Pakistani leading South Asia expert,journalist, academic, political activist and former ambassador of Pakistan to Sri Lanka and the United States. He has written two books on Pakistan: Pakistan: Between Mosque and Military, and Magnificent Delusions: Pakistan, the United States, and an Epic History of Misunderstanding. His analysis has appeared in publications including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Foreign Affairs, and Foreign Policy. He has also been a speaker at the Aspen Ideas Festival. Haqqani is currently a Senior Fellow and Director for South and Central Asia at the Hudson Institute in Washington, D.C. and co-editor of Hudson’s signature journal Current Trends in Islamist Ideology.
- India, Japan and the US navies kicked off the 20th edition Malabar Exercise, a naval exercise near which country?
D.None of the above
India, Japan and the US navies kicked off the 20th edition Malabar Exercise, a naval exercise near Okinawa Island near Japan.The 20th edition of the exercise, MALABAR-16, is being conducted from 14 to 17 June with the harbour phase at Sasebo from 10 to 13 June and the sea phase in the Pacific Ocean from 14 to 17 June.
- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off Champaran Satyagrah Express train at a function in which state?
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off Champaran Satyagrah Express train at a function in Motihari, Bihar. This train will ply between Bapudham, Motihari to Anand Vihar, Delhi.
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal set up a high level committee headed by PWD Minister Satyendra Jain to look into what issue in the capital?
A.Construction of Dams
Ans: B.Water Bodies
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal set up a high level committee headed by PWD Minister Satyendra Jain to look into the issues pertaining with water bodies in the capital.
- Which state has ranked first in Road Accidents in India 2015 report released by the Minister of Road Transport and Highways?
The Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari released the report on “Road Accidents in India 2015” and insisted to lower down the number of road accidents and fatalities by 50 % by 2020.
- The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund inked Memorandum of Understanding with which country to encourage Infrastructure investments in India?
The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund inked Memorandum of Understanding with Qatar Investment Authority to encourage Infrastructure Investments in India.