Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Data Intrepretation that is important for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
I.Study the following graph to answer the given questions
% of Male and Female in 5 different Companies(Total number = 50,000)
- What is the number of female in the company C ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.6600
C = 50000*24/100 = 12000
Female = 12000*55/100 = 6600
- The total number of employees in the company E is approximately what % of the total number of employees in the Company B ?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.83%
B = 50000*18/100 = 9000
E =50000*15/100 = 7500
% = 7500*100/9000 = 83.33 = 83%
- What is the difference between number of males working in the company A to number of female working in the company D ?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.2125
A = 50000*23/100 = 11500
A –Male = 75*11500/100 = 8625
D =50000*20/100 = 10000
D – Female = 65*10000/100 = 6500
Difference = 8625 – 6500 = 2125
- What is the total number of Males working in the companies B, D and E together ?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.9200
B = 9000*30/100 =2700
D =10000*35/100 =3500
E =7500*40/100 =3000
Total = 9200
- What is the ratio between the number of female in Company A to the number of male in Company D ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.23:28
A female = 11500*25/100 = 2875
D male = 10000*35/100 = 3500
A:D = 2875 : 3500 =23:28
II.Study the following table to answer the given questions
Number of 5 different newspaper(in thousands) sold in 5 different cities in a month
|The times of India||670||563||850||644|
|The Indian Express||450||312||512||680||346|
- If the number of The Hindu newspaper sold in Kolkata is equal to the difference between the no of The Hindu newspaper sold in the cities Mumbai and Jaipur. Find the average sales of The Hindu news paper in all the 5 cities together in a month ?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.5,98,000
Kolkata = 810 – 420 = 390
Avg = 630+810+390+740+420 /5 = 598
- The sales of Deccan Chronicle in Mumbai is what % of that of the Hindustan Times in Chennai.If the no of Deccan Chronicle sold in Mumbai is 100 less than the same newspaper sold in Kolkata?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.72%
DC M = 543
HT C = 754
% = 543*100/754 = 72.01 = 72%
- If the Times of India Newspaper sold in Jaipur is equal to the number of The Hindu newspaper sold in Kolkata.Find the average no of newspapers sold in Jaipur in a month.
E.None of theseAnswer – C.452000
Kolkata The Hindu = Jaipur Times of India = 390
Total = 2258/5 = 451.6 = 452
- Find the difference between the total no of The Indian Express sold to the total number of Deccan Chronicle sold in a month all the cities together ?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.623000
The Indian Express = 2300
Deccan Chronicle = 2923
Diff = 2923 – 2300 = 623
- Find the ratio of number of The Hindu newspaper sold in Delhi to the number of The times of India news paper sold in Kolkata ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C. 63:85
Hindu : ToI = 630:850 = 63:85