Uttar Pradesh has topped in opening new Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) accounts after demonetisation (post November 8, 2017).
Data on PMBJDY Bank Accounts post Demonetisation:
One-fifth of the more than five crore new PMJDY accounts, from November 9, 2016 to November 8, 2017 were opened in Uttar Pradesh. With this, the total accounts under PMJDY has crossed 4 crore in Uttar Pradesh.
- Bihar, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal cumulatively added another 2.2 crore new PMJDY accounts in the last one year.
- In terms of total accounts under PMJDY so far, Bihar with more than 3 crore accounts stood at second position.
- During last year, total number of PMJDY accounts crossed 1 crore mark in Assam, Gujarat, Jharkhand and Karnataka.
- However, number of PMJDY accounts came down in Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Mizoram during past one year.
- Drop in number of PMJDY accounts in these states has been ascribed to the maximum limits imposed on such accounts viz. average balance should not cross more than Rs.50000 at any point in time, annual turnover in the account should be below Rs.1 lakh and withdrawals should not be more than Rs.10,000 a month.
- In terms of quantum of deposits in PMJDY accounts during last year, one-sixth proportion came from Uttar Pradesh.
About Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY):
PMJDY is a scheme for comprehensive financial inclusion launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on August 28, 2014.
- Objective: to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner.
- The Slogan of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is “Mera Khata – Bhagya Vidhaata.”
- PMJDY is operated by Department of Financial Services under Finance Ministry.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification