Kanavu Variyam, a Tamil movie directed by a Chennai based techie Arun Chidambaram has been selected for the prestigious Remi Award in the US.
- The award will be presented to Arun Chidambaram during the 49th WorldFest Houston International Film Festival, which will be held from April 8-17, 2016.
- The film deals with the power cuts and shortage of electricity in the Indian villages.
- The movie is produced by A. Chidambaram and Karthik Chidambaram in the banner of DCKAP Cinemas.
About Arun Chidambaram
Arun, is the son of Dr. A. Chidambaram, an Indian Sportsman, US trained Physical Culturist and a pioneer in the field of Physical Culture in Southern India. He has been the personal health adviser for several VIPs in Tamil Nadu.
- Chidambaram completed his Masters in USA and served a multi-national company for JP Morgan in Chicago.
- In order to pursue his passion for cinema he quit his lucrative job and cozy life in the United States and returned to Chennai
- In addition to directing, Arun has played the lead role in the movie, written the story, screenplay, dialogues and lyrics for Kanavu Variyam.
- Arun has also won personal accolades from the former President of India APJ. Abdul Kalam.
Other Recognitions for Kanavu Variyam
- The movie also won the Special Jury award from the National Science Film Festival which was organized by GOI.
- Its song Kalla Manna has been accepted for screening at Bare Bones International and Music Festival in Oklahoma, USA. The song has a compilation of 51 traditional games of rural India. It is an eye opener for young and old all indoor-outdoor games children can play.