The 36th edition of the Sait Nagjee Football Tournament was held at Kozhikode, Kerala. FC Dnipro Reserves of Ukraine had grabbed the tournament’s trophy by defeating Atletico Paranaense Reserves of Brazil.
- The 15 days event of 2016 was the first edition of this tournament after 1995.
- The event was organised by the Kozhikode District Football Association (KDFA) with the support of Siddeek Ahmed, President KDFA.
- The Sait Nagjee Trophy was in partnership with UK based charitable organization Football for Peace (FfP).
|FC Dnipro Reserves||Ukraine|
|1860 Munchen II||Germany|
|Atletico Paranaense Reserves||Brazil|
|Shamrock Rovers||Republic of Ireland|
About Nagjee International Club Football
Established in 1952, was kicked off in Kozhikode, Kerala with the support of local philanthroper Sait Nagjee. Year by year, the tournament gained the popularity and the rising stars of Young India viz. Tata Sports Club, Dempo Sports Club, Salgaonkar Mohan Bagan, Indian Air Force, Border Security Force, Punjab Police etc. started competing to achieve this tile.
- Karachi Kickers from Pakistan and the Dhaka based Abahani Krira Chakra were the first participants from cross borders to play in this famed tournament.
- Since 1995 for the last 19 years the tournament was not held at all.
The KDFA is affiliated to the Kerala Football Association (KFA) which in turn is associated with the All India Football Federation (AIFF) which is a member of the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).