Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Seating Arrangements with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight members P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W of a family are sitting around a rectangular table with all of them facing outwards. Each one of them like different type of music instruments viz. XYLOPHONE, Balafon, Guitar, Piano, VIOLIN, TRUMPET, Accodion and Flute. Three married couples are there in the family.
W is the only sister-in-law of P whereas Q likes TRUMPET and daughter-in-law of RP who is the father of U and uncle of V, sits to the left of the person who likes XYLOPHONE. U is an immediate neighbor of her aunty W who does not sit next to S. R does not like Flute or Accodion. The two youngest members sit next to each other. The one who likes the Balafon sits between V and the one who likes VIOLIN. V is third to the left of S. The one who likes TRUMPET sits between the persons who like Accodion and Flute Respectively. S’s husband and son sit next to her. Piano is not liked by V’s father. V does not like Guitar or Accodion. S is the mother of P and T, and sits second to the left of T.
- Which of the following statements is true regarding the family?
1. P is the brother of W
2. R is the father-in-law of P
3. Q is the aunty of V
4. U and V are married couple
5. None of the AboveAnswer – 3. Q is the aunty of V
- Who among the following sits between Q and the one who likes Balafon?
5. WAnswer – 4. V
- What is the position of the person who likes Piano with respect to the one who likes TRUMPET ?
1. Third to the right
2. Second to the left
3. Immediate left
4. Third to the left
5. Fourth to the leftAnswer – 1. Third to the right
- Who among the following likes Guitar?
5. TAnswer – 5. T
- Which of the following options represent a pair?
1. Y, X
2. W, T
3. W, R
4. S, U
5. None of the aboveAnswer – 2. W, T
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight players – P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W sit around a square table in such a way that four of them sit on the four sides while the rest at corners. They play different instruments namely Xylophone, Balafon, Guitar, Piano, Violin, Trumpet, Accodion and Flute. Some of them are facing the centre while some are facing outside.(i.e away from the centre)
Note: Same directions means that if one person facing the centre then the other person also faces the centre and vice versa. Opposite direction means if one person is facing the centre then the other person faces outside and vice versa.
- Q faces the centre of the table and does not sit on any corner. V sits on one of the corner between the Flute player and Trumpet player. W sits second to the right of Balafon player who faces the centre.
- The Violin player sits third to the left of Q. S sits opposite to W. P sits on the corner exactly opposite to T. The Balafon player sits third to the right of Accodion player. The Xylophone player does not facing the centre.
- The Trumpet sits opposite to Q, also faces in opposite direction of Q and sits between Accodion player and Violin player. T who is the Violin player sits immediate right to the Piano player.
- The Piano player faces the same direction of the U. The immediate neighbours of Q are facing opposite directions. The Accodion player sits exactly opposite to Guitar player.
- The one who is on the immediate left of U is facing the same direction as W. R sits third to the left of W.
- Who among the following is a Trumpet player?
D. Can’t be determined
E. None of theseAnswer – B. U
- R is related to which of the following Instruments?
D. Can’t be determined
E. None of theseAnswer – A. Guitar
- Who among the following sits exactly between R and the Xylophone Player?
A. The person who plays Flute
B. The person who plays Accodion
C. The person who plays Balafon
E. None of theseAnswer – C. The person who plays Balafon
- How many persons sit facing the centre?
E. FourAnswer – E. Four
- Which of the following pairs are the immediate neighbors of the Flute player?
A. P, V
B. P, R
C. V, R
D. Q, R
E. V, QAnswer – A. P, V