Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Seating Arrangements with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight persons S,R,H,I,T,G,Q,F are sitting in a line, some of them are facing north some of them are facing south. S is second from one end. R is sitting third to the left from S. Neighbour of R facing south. I do not sit at any of the extreme ends. Immediate neighbours of I face North. Immediate neighbours of H faces south. F is third to the left of T. Q sits immediate left of G.
- Which of the following statements is true regarding H?
1. H faces south
2. The immediate neighbours of H is S and F
3. Three persons sit between H and I.
4. Only one person sits between H and F
5. None of the AboveAnswer – 2. The immediate neighbours of H is S and F
- Who among the following sits between T and H?
5. RAnswer – 3. S
- What is the position of Q with respect to H?
1. Third to the right
2. Second to the left
3. Immediate left
4. Third to the left
5. Can not be determinedAnswer – 5. Can not be determined
- Who among the following facing North?
5. RAnswer – 5. R
- How many persons are there between H and Q?
5. More than threeAnswer – 3. Three
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight players – P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W sit around a square table in such a way that four of them sit on the four sides while the rest at corners. They play different games namely Football, Basketball, Badminton, Tennis, Cricket, Volleyball, Golf and Squash. Some of them are facing the centre while some are facing outside.(i.e away from the centre)
Note: Same directions means that if one person facing the centre then the other person also faces the centre and vice versa. Opposite direction means if one person is facing the centre then the other person faces outside and vice versa.
Q faces the centre of the table and does not sit on any corner. V sits on one of the corners between the Squash player and Volleyball player. W sits second to the right of the Basketball player who faces the centre. The Cricket player sits third to the left of Q. S sits opposite to W. P sits on the corner exactly opposite to T. The Basketball player sits third to the right of the Golf player. The Football player does not face the centre. The Volleyball player sits opposite to Q, also faces in opposite direction of Q and sits between Golf player and Cricket player. T who is the Cricket player sits immediate right to the Tennis player. The Tennis player faces the same direction of the U. The immediate neighbours of Q are facing opposite directions. The Golf player sits exactly opposite to Badminton player. The one who is on the immediate left of U is facing the same direction as W. R sits third to the left of W.
- Who among the following is a Volleyball player?
D. Can’t be determined
E. None of theseAnswer – B. U
- R is related to which of the following games?
B. Foot Ball
D. Can’t be determined
E. None of theseAnswer – A. Badminton
- Who among the following sits exactly between R and the Football Player?
A. The person who plays Squash
B. The person who plays Golf
C. The person who plays Basketball
D. Volleyball player
E. None of theseAnswer – C. The person who plays Basketball
- How many persons sit facing the centre?
E. FourAnswer – E. Four
- Which of the following pairs are the immediate neighbours of the Squash player?
A. P, V
B. P, R
C. V, R
D. Q, R
E. V, QAnswer – A. P, V