Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Seating Arrangements with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight members P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W of a family are sitting around a rectangular table with all of them facing outwards. Each one of them like different type of sports viz. HOCKEY, Cricket, Basket Ball, Foot Ball, BOXING, WRESTLING, Badminton and Tennis. Three married couples are there in the family.
W is the only sister-in-law of P whereas Q likes WRESTLING and daughter-in-law of RP who is the father of U and uncle of V, sits to the left of the person who likes HOCKEY. U is an immediate neighbor of her aunty W who does not sit next to S. R does not like Tennis or Badminton. The two youngest members sit next to each other. The one likes the Cricket sits between V and the one who likes BOXING. V is third to the left of S. The one who likes WRESTLING sits between the persons who like Badminton and Tennis Respectively. S’s husband and son sit next to her. Foot Ball is not liked by V’s father. V does not like Basket Ball or Badminton. S is the mother of P and T, and sits second to the left of T.
- Which of the following statements is true regarding the family?
1. P is the brother of W
2. R is the father-in-law of P
3. Q is the aunty of V
4. U and V are married couple
5. None of the Above
Answer – 3. Q is the aunty of V
- Who among the following sits between Q and the one who likes Cricket?
Answer – 4. V
- What is the position of the person who likes Foot Ball with respect to the one who likes WRESTLING ?
1. Third to the right
2. Second to the left
3. Immediate left
4. Third to the left
5. Fourth to the left
Answer – 1. Third to the right
- Who among the following likes Basket Ball?
Answer – 5. T
- Which of the following options represent a pair?
1. Y, X
2. W, T
3. W, R
4. S, U
5. None of the above
Answer – 2. W, T
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Ten persons from ten different cities viz. Delhi, Jaipur, Patna, Indore, Mangaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Raipur and Sri Nagar are sitting in two parallel rows containing five people each, in such a way that there is an equal distance between adjacent persons. In row 1- A, B, C, D and E are seated and some of them are facing South and some of them are facing North. In row 2 – P, Q, R, S and T are seated and some of them are facing South and some of them are facing North. Therefore in the given seating arrangement, each member seated in a row either faces another member of the other row or seated behind each other.(All the information given above does not necessarily represent the order of seating in the final arrangement.)
The person from Indore sits to the immediate right of Q, who seated exactly in the middle of the row. P faces one of the immediate neighbors of the person from Jaipur. D faces one of the immediate neighbors of the person from Patna. S is not from Patna. D is neither from Mangaluru nor from Chennai. P sits immediate right of the person from Raipur. R sits one of the extreme ends of the line and from Raipur. C sits third to the right of person from Jaipur. Only One person sits between the person from Raipur and Q. C sits to the immediate right of the person who faces S. Only two people sit between C and E. S is neither from Delhi nor from Bengaluru. The person from Mangaluru sits second to the right of the one who faces North Direction. One of the immediate neighbors of the person from Mangaluru behind the person from Patna. P does not face A and faces south direction. The person from Delhi sits exactly between the persons from Sri Nagar and Mangaluru. The person from Chennai faces the person from Sri Nagar. T faces North Direction and sits immediate left of Q. Only one person sit between the persons from Patna and Indore. A faces the opposite direction to the person from Hyderabad.
- Who amongst the following faces the person from Chennai?
1. The person from Delhi
3. The person from Mangaluru
4. The person from Raipur
5. B or E
Answer – 2. D
- T is from which of the following Cities?
Answer – 1. Patna
- Which of the following is true regarding C?
1. C faces south direction
2. None of the given options is true
3. C is from Bengaluru
4. The person from Indore faces C
5. The person from Hyderabad is an immediate neighbor of C
Answer – 1. C faces south direction
- R is related to Indore in the same way as C is related to Mangaluru based on the given arrangement, To who amongst the following is T related to the following same pattern?
2. Sri Nagar
Answer – 5. Chennai
- Who amongst the following sit at extreme end of the row?
1. The person from Delhi and R
2. The persons from Bengaluru and A
3. D and the person from Jaipur
4. The persons from Chennai and Patna
5. A, E
Answer – 3. D and the person from Jaipur