Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Seating Arrangements with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Bank PO Level Questions
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight family members namely A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a circular table but not necessarily in the same order.Some of them are females and some of them are males. All of them are related to each other in same way or the other.Some of them are facing the centre while some of them are facing outside(i.e. Opposite to the centre).
- E sits second to the right of the B. B faces the centre. Only two people sit between E and C. C is the daughter of A. No female is an immediate neighbour of C.
- C’s brother sits to her immediate right. Neither B nor F is the brother of C. A’s wife sits to the immediate right of E. A sits second to the left of his wife.
- H is not an immediate neighbour of B. H is the wife of F. F sits third to the right of H. D is neither an immediate neighbour of H nor E.
- Only three people sit between A and his brother. Both the immediate neighbours of C face opposite directions.(i.e if one neighbour faces the centre then the other neighbour faces outside and Vice-Versa)
- C’s husband sits to the immediate right of G. E and F face a direction opposite to that of A(i.e if A faces the centre then E and F face outside and Vice-Versa)
- How many people sit between B and G’s son in law when counted from the left of B?
- If it is given that B is the father of G, then what is the position of B with respect to B’s son in law?
B.Second to the left
C.Third to the Right
D.Third to the left
E.Second to the Right
- Which of the following statements regarding G is definitely correct?
A.G is the sister of E
B.G sits second to the right of F
C.B and A are immediate neighbours of G
D.None of the given options is correct
E. All are true
- Who amongst the following sits exactly between C and A when counted from the left of A?
- Who amongst the following sits third to the right of E?
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Ten famous sports personalities are sitting in twelve seats in two parallel rows containing five people each, in such a way that there is an equal distance between adjacent persons. In Row – 1: Sardara Singh, M.S.Dhoni, P.V.Sindhu, Sania Mirza, and Sakshi Malik are seated and all of them are facing south, and in Row 2 : Mary Kom, Sathish, Dipa Karmakar, Sandeep and Abhinav Bindra are sitting and all of them are facing north. One seat is vacant in each row. Therefore, in the given seating arrangement each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row. All of them like different sports like i.e. Hockey, Cricket, Badminton, Tennis, Wrestling, Boxing, Weight lifting, Gymnastics, Swimming and Shooting.
- Sandeep sits third to the right of Dipa Karmakar and likes Tennis. Only two people sit between Sathish and Vacant seat. Sathish sits at one of the extreme ends. Dipa Karmakar does not like Hockey and Gymnastics.
- Sathish does not like Wrestling and Badminton. Sakshi Malik is not an immediate neighbour of P.V.Sindhu. M.S.Dhoni likes Shooting. The one who likes Badminton faces the one who likes Gymnastics.Vacant seat of row-1 does not face Sandeep also does not sit at any of the extreme ends.
- The one who likes Badminton sits opposite to the one, who sits third right of the one, who sits opposite to Sandeep . P.V.Sindhu is not an immediate neighbour of Sania Mirza. Abhinav Bindra, who likes neither Wrestling nor Boxing, does not face vacant seat.
- Neither Sandeep nor Dipa Karmakar sits at an extreme ends. Sania Mirza faces Dipa Karmakar. Vacant seats are not opposite to each other. Two seats are there between P.V.Sindhu and M.S.Dhoni, who sits third right of the one, who likes Weight lifting.
- The one who likes Swimming faces the one, who likes Tennis.
The person who likes Hockey and Gymnastics are adjacent to each other.
Vacant seat of row-1 is not an immediate neighbour of Sania Mirza.
- Who among the following sits second to the right of the person who faces the vacant seat ?
A. One who likes Cricket
B. One who likes Boxing
C. Sardana Singh
E. One who likes Weight lifting
- Which of the following is true regarding Sardana Singh ?
A. MSD and P.V.Sindhu are immediate neighbours of Sardana Singh
B. Only two people sit between Sardana Singh and P.V.Sindhu
C. Sardana Singh is an immediate neighbour of the person who faces Dipa Karmakar
D. Sardana Singh sits second to left of MSD
E. None of the given options is true
- Which of the following groups of people represents the people sitting at extreme ends of both the rows ?
A. MSD, P.V.Sindhu, Sardana Singh, Dipa Karmakar
B. Sakshi Malik, Abhinav Bindra, Sathish,P.V.Sindhu
C. Sakshi Malik, P.V.Sindhu, Sardana Singh, Dipa Karmakar
D. MSD, P.V.Sindhu, Sardana Singh, Abhinav Bindra
E. Sathish, P.V.Sindhu, Sardana Singh, Dipa Karmakar
- Who amongst the following faces vacant seat of first row?
C. Mary Kom
D. Sardana Singh
E. Dipa Karmakar
- Which of the following is true with respect to the given information ?
A. Mary Kom sits exactly between Abhinav Bindra and Dipa Karmakar
B. Sania Mirza faces immediate neighbour of Abhinav Bindra
C. Sathish is an immediate neighbour of Mary Kom
D. P.V.Sindhu faces Vacant seat
E. None of the given options is true