Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Seating Arrangements with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
PO Prelim Level Questions
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Ten people are sitting in two parallel rows containing five people ezch in such a way that there is equal distance between adjacent persons. In row-1 J, K, L, M and N are seated(not necessarily in the same order) and all of them are facing south. In row-2 v, W, X, Y and Z are seated (not necessarily in the same order)and all of them are facing north. Therefore in the given seating arrangement each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row.
Z sits third to the right of W. V sits second to the left of Z. The persons facing V sits to the immediate right of K. Only one person sits between K and M. J is not an immediate neighbour of K. Only two people sit between J and L. Neither K nor J faces Y.
- Who amongst the following is facing N?
- Which of the following statements is true regarding M?
A. M faces one of the immediate neighbours of X
B. K is one of the immediate neighbours of M
C. None of the given statements is true
D. L sits to the immediate right of M
E. Only one person sits between M and N
- Who amongst the following is facing X?
- What is the position of Z with respect to Y?
A. Third to the Right
B. Second to the Right
C. Immediate left
D. Immediate Right
E. Second to the left
- Four of the given five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and hence form a group. Which of them does not belong to that group?
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Seven people – P, Q, R, S, T, U and V – are sitting in a straight line with equal distance between each other, but not necessarily in the same order. Some of them are facing north and some are facing south.
Only two people are sitting to the left of V. Only two people sit between V and Q. P sits second to the left of Q. The immediate neighbours of P face opposite directions(ie if one of the neighbours faces south then the other faces north and vice versa). Only one person sits between P and R. U sits third to the left of R. S is not an immediate neighbour of Q. Both the immediate neighbours of R face the same direction(i.e if one neighbour faces south then the other neighbour also faces south and if one neighbour faces north then the other neighbour also faces north). P faces the same direction as R. T faces north. Q sits on the immediate left of T.
- Who among the following sits exactly between V and the one who is sitting on the immediate left of Q?
C. Other than those given as options
- Who among the following sits exactly in the middle of the line?
- Which of the following pairs represents the immediate neighbours of Q?
- Which of the following pairs represents the people sitting at the two extreme ends of the line?
B. Other than those given as options
- Who among the following sits second to the right of S?
D. Other than those given as options