Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Puzzles set, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI, RBI, IPPB, IDBI exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions
Gopi, Nithya, Shilpa, Renu, Gowtham, Priya, Prasanth and Sridhar are sitting around a square table in such a waythat four of them sit at four corners of the square while four sit in the middleof each of the four sides. The ones who sit at the four corners face the centrewhile those who sit in the middle of the sides face outside.
- Two females sit in the middle of the sides and two at the corners. Shilpa sitssecond to the left of Prasanth. Prasanth sits in the middle of one of the sides. Gopi sits fourth tothe right of his wife and his wife is not an immediate neighbour of Shilpa or Prasanth.
- Nithya sits third to right of her husband. Nithya does not sit at any of the corners. Only Renu sits between Nithya and Sridhar. Sridhar is the husband of Shilpa. Gowtham is a male.
- Which of the following is true with respect to the given seatingarrangement?
1.No two males are immediate neighbours of each other
2.Prasanth and Sridhar do not face each other in the seating arrangement
3.Gowtham and Renu are immediate neighbours of each other
4.Priyasits diagonally opposite to Gowtham
5.Gowtham sits in the centre of one of the sides of the square tableAnswer – 4.Priyasits diagonally opposite to Gowtham
- Who amongst the following is Nithya’s husband?
5.Cannot be determinedAnswer – 3.Gowtham
- How many people sit between Nithya and Gopi when counted in anti-clockwise direction from Nithya?
5.FourAnswer – 3.Two
- Who amongst the following is the wife of Gopi?
5.Cannot be determinedAnswer – 1.Renu
- What is the position of Gowtham with respect to Gopi?
1.Immediately to the left
2.Second to the left
3.Third to the right
4.Immediately to the right
5.Second to the rightAnswer – 5.Second to the right
II. Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
Six friends — Arun, Sathish, Yogesh, Ganesh, Peter and Hemantharestudying six different specialisations of engineering which are — metallurgy,telecommunication, software, mechanical, electrical and hardware notnecessarily in the same order. Each one likes a different sport – hockey, cricket,swimming, football, badminton and tennis again not in the same order.
Ganesh is not studying hardware Peter is studying software and likeshockey. Yogesh likes swimming and is not studying hardware. The one wholikes football is studying electrical. Hemanth is studying mechanical anddoes not like tennis. The one who likes badminton is studying telecommunication. Arun and Sathish do not like badminton. Arun doesnot like tennis.
- Which specialisation is Sathish studying?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Hardware
- Which sport does Arun like?
4.Cannot be determined
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Football
- Which of the following person-specialization combination is correct according to the given information?
5.None is correctAnswer – 3.Yogesh-Metallurgy
- If all six friends are asked to sit in a straight line,facing north, in an alphabetical order (according to their names), from left to right, then who will be to the immediate left of the one studying electrical?
1.The one who likes badminton
2.The one who is studying telecommunication
3.The one who is studying hardware
4.The one who likes hockey
5.None of theseAnswer – 5.None of these
- If all six friends are asked to sit in a straight line, facing north, in an alphabetical order (according to their names), from left to right, then which of the following combinations will represent the favourite sport ofthe immediate neighbours of Peter?
1.Badminton – Football
4.Tennis – Football
5.Cricket – BadmintonAnswer – 2.Cricket-Tennis