Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Time and Distance, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- A train 250m long takes 30s to cross a man running at a speed of 6kmph in the direction opposite to that of train. What is the speed of the train?
Answer – D) 24kmph
Speed = x
Relative speed = (x+6)kmph
(x+6) = ( 250×18)/(30×5)
(x+6) = ( 4500)/(150)
X+6 = 30
X = 30 – 6 = 24kmph
- A train 350m long takes 35s to cross a man running at a speed of 5kmph in the direction same to that of train. What is the speed of the train?
Answer -B) 41kmph
Speed = x
Relative speed = (x-5)kmph
(x-5) = ( 350×18)/(35×5)
(x-5) = ( 6300)/(175)
X-5 = 36
X = 36 + 5 = 41kmph
- Without stopping the speed of the train is 120kmph , with stopping the speed of the train is 80kmph.Find the stop time of the train ?
Answer -C) 20m
Stopping time = (120 – 80 )/ 120 = 40/120 =1/3h
= 60/3 = 20 min
- A train 160m long passes a standing man in 25s. What is the speed of the train ?
Answer – B) 23kmph
Speed = (160×18)/(25×5)
= 2880/125 = 23.04 = 23kmph
- Two trains approach each other at 20kmph and 24kmph from 2 places 240km apart. After how many hours they will meet ?
Answer -D) 5.45hrs
20x + 24x = 240
44x = 240
X = 240/44 = 5.45hrs
- A train runs at 65kmph. How far does it go in 12 sec?
Answer – A) 22m
Distance = (65000×12)/3600
= 21.7 = 22m
- A business man travelled 120km by bus ,Which formed 2/5 of his trip.He travelled 1/3 of the whole trip by car and the rest by train.The distance travelled by train is
Answer – C) 80km
2/5 x = 120km
Total distance = x(5×120)/2 = 300km
Remaining trip = 300 – 120 = 180
Distance travelled by car = 300/3 = 100km
Distance travelled by train = 180 – 100 = 80km
- A train Express A leaves Delhi at 5 a.m and reaches Mumbai at 9 a.m.Another train Express B leaves Mumbai at 7 a.m and reaches Delhi at 10.30 a.m.At what time do they cross each other after 7 a.m ?
Speed of Express A = x/4kmph
Speed of Express B = 2x/7kmph =>(t=3.30 = 3(1/2) = 7/2)
Trains will meet T hours after 7 a.m
(x/4)(y+2) + (2x/7)y = x
(y+2)/4 + (2y/7) = 1
(7y+14+8y)/28 = 1
15y = 28-14
Y =(14/15)×60 = 56 min
- Two trains one from Hyderabad to Cochin and another from Cochin to Hyderabad start simultaneously. After they meet, Trains reach their destinations after 4hrs and 9hrs respectively. Find the ratio of the speeds
Answer – B) 3:2
A:B = (B)1/2 : (A)1/2 = 9 ½ : 4½ = 3:2
- A train 120m long passes an electric pole in 6s.How long will it take to cross a bridge of 240m long ?
Answer -A) 18s
Speed = 120/6 = 20m/s
Time taken to cross the bridge = (120+240)/20